Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  The Rottin Whodeanie Project (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The Rottin Whodeanie Project by johnyrottin
Started on: 01-06-2011 08:40 PM
Replies: 607 (38562 views)
Last post by: johnyrottin on 07-21-2013 10:05 PM
Bry73

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bry73Send a Private Message to Bry73Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sexxy....
I like that rear shot.

Wow a 1st for me, Page 2 is mine.

[This message has been edited by Bry73 (edited 01-16-2011).]

IP: Logged
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bbboiiinnnngggggg!!!!
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great creative work Dean, also the best wheel choice
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Car-Lo:

Great creative work Dean, also the best wheel choice

Thanks, I found them on Craigs list here in Atlanta and i loved the way they looked. they will go great with the car.

I love to do this kind of work the most and I am just getting started on this one I still have a long list of mods to do on the sides of the car. I need to get them all mocked up fast so we can start making the parts and get them built. not a lot of time
D.
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Freakin' sweet Dean! JR, you are going to have one nice looking ride
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow Dean ! The bar has been raised !!

I absolutely love what you are doing with the decklid and roof, that is very innovative and sweet !

Love the headlights, and the front lights on the bumper.

The rest is hard to figure out so i will just wait to see how the front develops. The wheels are cool.

What size are they ??

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 01-17-2011).]

cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is sweeet looking. I will be watching this thread closely. Cutting edge ideas!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Anyone who had any doubts about taking their cars to Dean's shop,.....ummmmm GAME OVER.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And just so everyone knows, I had input into only the doors, the engine, and the color...the rest ia all Dean. He had full perview to make any and all changes he felt were right. He has a vision and who am I to stand in the way! The man is a flippin' Guinness!

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 04-02-2011).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, the wheels are 18 x 8s
the car has a lot more to go and as far as the hood scoop if you want a better idea of what I am doing look at the Corvette C6R for an idea
the goal on this car is to use the stock Fiero parts and tweak them as far as I can take them.
I have had this car in mind since i finished the last one and I already have an idea for the next one as well that will go even farther but it will not look like a Fiero at all
D.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

the car has a lot more to go and as far as the hood scoop if you want a better idea of what I am doing look at the Corvette C6R for an idea
the goal on this car is to use the stock Fiero parts and tweak them as far as I can take them.

D.

Ah hah ! Now i see.

Very nice.
PFF
System Bot
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's looking great!
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looks like that could house the GT-R Tail lights...

30+mpg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse:

Very nice.

I get the hood kickup on the C6 (to clear the engine).

Why the hood kickup on the Fiero? Are you planning on putting a 427 up front or is that just to block the driver's view?
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the bump up on the hood is just to add a finished look to it. it will not be as high as it is now once I get done with it. I will say it again the shots I am posting are as it goes and things are in the rough still.
it will take some time and lots of tweaks to get the car the way I want it.
today I did not get a lot of time on it but I was able to mock up the side window pattern and a few other things.
also here are some shots of the scoop to give you a better idea.
D.

30+mpg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

whodeanie:the bump up on the hood is just to add a finished look to it. ...

Another case of form with no function?

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 30+mpg:

Another case of form foam with no function?

Fixed it for you LOL
Looks great
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

this build is all about form with function. I have not finished any part of it yet and have not shared what is in my head with anyone. even if you don't think it will have function it will play a part in the end build.
I know that I can not build one car that everyone likes but I can build one that some will. I am pushing the bar up on every build I do to see just how far I can go with a Fiero.

if I was going for function over form I would not have done any body mods at all.
to each their own and I am cool with that.
D.

danger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dangerSend a Private Message to dangerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like someone is just jealous....You keep doing what you do Dean!
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Foam envy.....
mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bet they own a Foamula
PFF
System Bot
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2011 07:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
....busy trying to foamulate a response right now....
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2011 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I find myself following every thread that has whodeanie in the title. Nice work
Kilofox13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2011 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kilofox13Send a Private Message to Kilofox13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dean, thats looking great. I always enjoy your builds.
rcp builders

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2011 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looks like a great balance of both to me!!! Don't let the unispired get to you Dean!!
Looking good, Ray
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2011 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW, this project is so refreshing, great to see NO COOKIE CUTTER used
mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2011 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

....busy trying to foamulate a response right now....

People shouldn't foam an opinion so quickly... ok seriously that was my last one. Officially I envy you now. Good choice on your car's designer.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2011 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

Questions. Do you plan on pulling in the C-pillars similar to what was performed on Car-Lo's choptop and #020? IMHO by pulling in the sides will allow the rear clip to have shape and match the unique deck lid you guys have made (it's just a suggestion). It is demonstrated on several Ferrari bodies.

Secondly, I too can see the need for some type of "hump" or design near the large hood opening. Without a design or something-the area appears to fall of the face of the earth (hood) into a complete drop. I was faced with the same decision on #020 hood-flipper, but good friend told me something in the early stages of the hood. "Don't make the hood hot car-ish" (because the rest of the car was leaning towards exotic).
Therefore, does the design on the hood matches the same type of exoticness of the rear deck lid?

That said, I'm liking the deck lid, roof, and rear bumper tweak-ments. The nose opening is aggressive with flare accents. Right now the nose reminds me of the Nissan's GT-R (albeit similar in opening, but not the same shape). One last question. What type of turn signal do you guys plan on using?

------------------

"Friends don't let their friends drive stock."

GADJet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2011 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is SICK. Dean is definitely the man! I assume you would have to keep the car moving to keep it cool. Seems to me if the car sits still it would run hot. Unless Dean has an ace in his pocket to cool that puppy. Do tell Dean, do tell!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2011 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I vote that this thread be in "construction."
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2011 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Questions. Do you plan on pulling in the C-pillars similar to what was performed on Car-Lo's choptop and #020? IMHO by pulling in the sides will allow the rear clip to have shape and match the unique deck lid you guys have made (it's just a suggestion). It is demonstrated on several Ferrari bodies.

True, pulling in the C pillars helps to create those oh so sexy hips !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 01-18-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2011 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ohhhh...I really like the C-Pillar pull in. I can tell you which signals we plans on using....which ever ones Dean tells me we plan on using! Really, I honestly paid for a car I don't know anything about other that the Man, Dean, is the builder...that's all I needed to know!
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2011 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
forgive me if it's mentioned here already... Is this is the car he wanted to build for a show but needed somebody to fund it? Getting the car afterward?

Something about, fund his dream thing... very cool. I wish i could get a chance to shine like that. So far: not what i expected.... Better then expected. Your gettin a phenomenal deal if i have the right car!
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2011 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes...well...kinda. It is the car he wanted to build for a show but needed somebody to fund it but with a couple Rottin inputs. Getting the car around the show. Don't know if he is trailering it to the Daytona show, driving it, I am rdriving it...all still up in the air. I agree with the "fund his dream thing." It is very cool. Def getting a phenomenal deal and thanks for the "Better than expected" comments. All Dean's credit....him is da man!

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 01-18-2011).]

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2011 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Honestly i thought it was going to be similar to the grey DD he had with some "tweeks". So the "Better then expected" comment is well deserved. Granted there are a few things so far i would do different (only slightly, more so for function) but eh... everybody is different right?

Can't wait to move out of NY so i can get back to customizing again. Can't afford to breath in this state let alone have somewhere to glass. It's a ton of work but oh sooo worth it. Dean's living the dream. (Yeah i'm jealous!)

------------------
"And remember: amateurs built the ark ....
professionals built the Titanic."

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2011 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Feel free to come visit Florida!!! I have plenty of room for you to park...and for your Fiero to park as well!
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2011 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ty you for the offer. You have a PM. don't want to hijack this thread.

Updates?
Malkier

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2011 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MalkierSend a Private Message to MalkierEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Finally_Mine_86_GT:
the grey DD

That’s Titanium ... not grey ... whodeanie, still loving the DD car by the way.

This build is just remarkable. The hood hump flows with the car and the rear deck is looking sweet! Keep up the good work.
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2011 03:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Malkier:

That’s Titanium ... not grey ... whodeanie, still loving the DD car by the way.

This build is just remarkable. The hood hump flows with the car and the rear deck is looking sweet! Keep up the good work.

Chris, I am in Huntsville on Friday PM me.

W
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2011 07:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok. lots of questions and coments about this car and I like all the feedback. thanks to all.
sone of the things people asked. first the radiator fan will be 2 small pusher fans in front of the radiator to clean up the area in the back.
as far as the sides of the car, I am still working on it and I will have to keep you posted.

yesterday we worked on the car again and got one door done as well as many other things but I need to get going so here are the pictures till later.
D.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock