Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  The Rottin Whodeanie Project (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The Rottin Whodeanie Project by johnyrottin
Started on: 01-06-2011 08:40 PM
Replies: 607 (38559 views)
Last post by: johnyrottin on 07-21-2013 10:05 PM
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2011 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Dean, just curious, why did you add black dye to the fiberglass resin?
IP: Logged
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2011 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think this car will be getting a serious look at Daytona !
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2011 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know it will be seriously looked at by me!!!!
85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2011 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dean
Good job on that one, that was a great idea.
I like how you played with the angle on top.
I am really looking forward to seeing this one and Tony's in Daytona.
Keep up the good work

Tony
Thanks for the heads up.
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2011 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi, all
Lots of questions and sugestions from all and I love it. lets see if I can take a few questions...
first I did not add black dye to the ressin it is just a black topcoat ressin that I used to do this step because it sands well and I had it on hand at the time. it is only used to protect the foam pattern as a base for the mold.

as far as moving in the C piller I thought about it but I do not think I will do it on this car because I am on a very tight deadline to get things done and I have to limit myself to a few ideas per car of it will never get done.

I have so many ideas for cars that if I tried to cram all of them into 1 it would never work so I pick a few that work together and build that and things do change allong the way as always. I like cars to flow and not look choped up.

we did work on the car yesterday as well doing finish work on the rear bumper, working on the hips, headlights and the rear quarters.
I still have 5 more mods to go before I am finished with the design of the car then it will be body work hell
once the body work is done I will get the car in primer and work on the interior mods this way the painter and the interior guys can work on that stuff while we work on the motor.
D.

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2011 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now THAT will look sick when done!
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2011 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm digging those lower quarter vents. Will the other side get the same thing?
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2011 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

carnut122

9122 posts
Member since Jan 2004

Originally posted by Raydar:

Oh cool!
It's a tribute to Joey!

If I scrunch up my face and squint, I can see you're absolutely correct!
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2011 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes both sides will be the same. the only way I can make them cool once i do the molds will be to make them 3 part the fins will be set in from the back of the vent. this will make it way easier to paint and build.
this car is going to showcase about 5 parts I will be selling the front bumper, rear, hips, side scoops and maybe the rockers. you never know I may come up with more as i go.
D.
Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2011 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Random thought - any consideration given to reversing the angle of the slats (vertically) to mimic the trailing edge of the door and rear fascia?

Jim
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2011 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jim88GT:

Random thought - any consideration given to reversing the angle of the slats (vertically) to mimic the trailing edge of the door and rear fascia?

Jim

yea, but everyone does that I may at a later date do a set the other way as well.
D.

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 01-23-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2011 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jim88GT:

Jim

I was thinking the same thing, but it's going to look great either way. Great job I don't know how I missed this thread.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2011 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Really excited about this....can't wait for more piccys! If the car looks this good i can't wait to see what you do for the engine!

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 01-23-2011).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2011 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The project just keeps getting better and better. Those side vents are awesome, can't wait to see the rockers.

whodeanie is one of the best things to happen to the fiero community in recent times.

Lots and lots of products being cranked out for our cars.

Which ones to choose !?
psychosurfer

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2011 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

whodeanie is one of the best things to happen to the fiero community in recent times.

Which ones to choose !?

It is SO nice to have a Fiero-dedicated resource in the Southeast!

GADJet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2011 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:
while we work on the motor.
D.

Since the cats outta the bag anyways.... Are you swapping or beefing up? If your swapping would it have anything to do with LSx? Just spinning my wheels here.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2011 06:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
3800SC
GADJet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2011 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

3800SC

Nice choice! I am excited to see this puppy!
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2011 06:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh where oh where have my daily pics gone? Oh where oh where can they be?
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2011 07:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oh where oh where have my daily pics gone? Oh where oh where can they be?

LOL! I have other things in the shop I must also do but I try to at least do something every day on this one as well but I did not get pics yesterday so I will get some for you tonight.
D.
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2011 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, Im speechless AGAIN...

------------------
aka. SmoothGT
NotAFieroAnyLonger
CURRENT BUILD:
" SmoothGT-'w8nc' "
RIP. "Little Feather"

PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2011 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a small update on the car. we are working the rear hips to get them the way they need to be abd we are close on them once we get that part done we will be able to take molds from the rear bumper and the hips.
today it is on to the doors and a few other things.
D.

SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2011 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

When I built my first widebody, one of my pictures was almost the same... same look, same angle... RIP SmoothGT
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2011 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SMTHGT:

<snip> RIP SmoothGT

Did i miss something?
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2011 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today we worked on the car a bit more finalizing the shape of the rear bumper and the hips as well as installing the lambo doors and adjusting everything to fit just right so we can make the door parts.
I still have a few more tweaks to do on the car but I got a good laugh today when my fiberglass guy said that I had tweaked every part of the car and I looked over it and he was right
I also started on the fender badges that will be going on the car.
more to come.
D.

I know it is backwards it was just the one I had in my hand for the picture.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2011 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man that is Slick! Way more mods than I would need but you have some serious skills man.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2011 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's nice. Are you sure your going to have enough time to complete the job prior to D11?
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2011 02:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sssshhhhh Curl......don't disturb the master while he is at work!
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2011 07:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sssshhhhh Curl......don't disturb the master while he is at work!

LOL! I will do my best, I know it is a lot of work and a short time but even if we do not get it all done I will still have it at D11 for all to see.
the goal is to have it done in time but I also want it done right and guess what one will win out if it comes down to it.
D.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2011 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Right, Right, and Right. Right anyday over fast. This car is going to be amazing! Looking at the back section with the wheel sitting in front of it....wow! And with the color we chose...stunning!
danger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2011 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dangerSend a Private Message to dangerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think Mr. Rottin should come out to GA and at least clean the shop for ya....HAHAHA
PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2011 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by danger:

I think Mr. Rottin should come out to GA and at least clean the shop for ya....HAHAHA

LOL! he just may be doing just that and I think he would be glad to clean the shop and take out the trash with a big smile on his face

I need to get batterys for the camera today so I can get new pics. we worked on the hips and got them in line and then moved to the door part of the tour
to finish out the lines.
I will not give away too much till tonight when I post pictures.
D.

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2011 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes..pics would be great as I am stuck up in dc with nothing but imagination and a computer
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2011 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes..pics would be great as I am stuck up in dc with nothing but imagination and a computer

why do I feel like a Car P**n star? car perv! LOL!

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 01-29-2011).]

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2011 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats right now stick that 3800 in there baby...thats it...ohhhhh...
shawnk

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2011 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkSend a Private Message to shawnkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that decklid makes my pants real tight
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2011 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We worked on the hips and got them in line and then moved to the door part of the tour
to finish out the lines.
I will not give away too much till tonight when I post pictures.
D.

Whats the ETA on those J-Lo hip production?

Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2011 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Whats the ETA on those J-Lo hip production?

Leave my sista out of this.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2011 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL! look what I started
ok yesterday we worked on the hips a bit more and also got the door part added. the goal now is to finish sand and primer the rear bumper and the hips so we can take molds of them.
the car is starting to look very cool I still have one more tweak to do on the body and then it is all about getting it finished for paint. I will be starting on the inside soon as well.
D.

topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2011 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The car is really startig to look great. This is one that I really want to see at Daytona - hint, hint...
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock