Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  The Rottin Whodeanie Project (Page 14)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The Rottin Whodeanie Project by johnyrottin
Started on: 01-06-2011 08:40 PM
Replies: 607 (38559 views)
Last post by: johnyrottin on 07-21-2013 10:05 PM
TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2013 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:
What a prince of a man.

The prince formerly known as (a car) artist. What a waste of talent.
IP: Logged
topcat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2013 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TopNotch:

The prince formerly known as (a car con) artist.... .

There, fixed that for you!

[This message has been edited by topcat (edited 07-10-2013).]

jetsnvettes2000

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2013 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It would be cool if you can make it up here with the car during the EAA, then we could head to the airshow and have some fun!
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2013 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

Dean finally contacted me last night via text and told me to have my cars out of there in two weeks or he will have them impounded.

John, You have been the ONE and ONLY person that was willing to stand by him, and trust him, and that he would do right by you. Right till the very end.... and this is the way he treats you?!?!?!?!

Ok, that's it. I haven't really voiced my personal opinion about Dean up until now. This is just absolutely disgusting and shameful! Dean, I hope everyone involved in this situation sues the sh*$ out of you, and you spend some time in jail to think about all of this for a very, very long time.

John, I am so sorry it came to all this. I enjoyed working with you at Dean's shop January before last, and there is just no way to have known then how this would end up. He put on one hell of a front and fooled all of us.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2013 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for all the kind words everyone. Hopefully the Rottinchop will come to fruition. there are some really kind folks that want to make this beast a reality! I know my son is excited again. Most in the community know me in some sort of fashion, be it in person or through communication. I know I can wake up and face myself in the mirror and say I have done the right thing. All those things weren't the easy things. All of things weren't the convenient things. As a matter of fact most were the exact opposites. I just wish Dean had had the honour, the integrity, and the internal fortitude to follow and keep his word. It is a crappy situation we are all left in. I believe it was BV who stated in one of his posts "Karma is a B-i-t-c-h!" Dean is reaping what he has sown. As for the rest of us we will press on.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2013 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. Hopefully the Rottinchop will come to fruition. there are some really kind folks that want to make this beast a reality! I know my son is excited again. Most in the community know me in some sort of fashion, be it in person or through communication. I know I can wake up and face myself in the mirror and say I have done the right thing. All those things weren't the easy things. All of things weren't the convenient things. As a matter of fact most were the exact opposites. I just wish Dean had had the honour, the integrity, and the internal fortitude to follow and keep his word. It is a crappy situation we are all left in. I believe it was BV who stated in one of his posts "Karma is a B-i-t-c-h!" Dean is reaping what he has sown. As for the rest of us we will press on.

Actually it was Dean that told me that Karma is a Bltch! lol Now he gets to live it. I hope he rots.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2013 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Talked to John earlier on and........He has possession of the Rottin Chop, Some stuff is done as said to be and a lot more not. He is kinda bummed out, the second car is a total loss but I imagine he will update this when he is able to get to a computer to do so. For now he has a long trek back with the car and is driving straight threw to here to drop it off. I am thinking by tomorrow night we will have it here and moving forward to getting this fixed up for him.
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That sucks. What a bunch of crap. I feel so bad for everyone who was screwed over by Dean. I hope he pays for his wrongs....
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just saw the car.... jetsnvettes, you guys have some work ahead.

pictures incoming shortly.
86soon3.4

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

Oh boy...waiting to see some pics.

Steve
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I was on the phone with John about a hour ago, the drop off is delayed till next Saturday. If anyone in the area wants to stop over Sat and go over his car with us feel free!! we are ready to get going and make this car right!
PFF
System Bot
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since my phone made the initial post twice, I'll use this for the pics.... please excuse my hand being too close to the lens on a few pics - my phone has an awkward hold for landscape shots.

In no particular order:

Nothing under the decklid but a cradle...

[This message has been edited by skuzzbomer (edited 07-14-2013).]

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, so far looks as I had expected. NO biggy it will buff out lol I think the hood is a loss we will have to rethink that but the rest I think we can save.
Edit:
I question what is under the primer looking closer at the pics , if it is as I fear I may have a lot to redo, REALLY, Fiber glassing over paint were it needs to be structurally strong not very professional

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 07-14-2013).]

86soon3.4

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yikes!!!

Worse than I thought!!

Steve
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WHOA! definitely needs a "little work to complete". When do the remains arrive?
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, there was an extractor scoop there but apparently Señor Rip Off didn't like it so it was cut out again. The rear deck scoop is a bit crooked as well but it doesn't show that way in the pictures.

I'm at a loss for how you would have to cut the corners for the intended headlight setup. If the existing cuts are true to form, you could probably grind them off and use them as a template for a fresh hood. The driver side front fender was widened to cover the wheel a bit better but the passenger only had the cutouts for badging. Some rhinoplasty will be needed for the lower air dam as that was pretty damaged from being moved around half a dozen times. I've been following this situation for nearly a year and I sincerely hope you'll be able to make it right as the car still has some nice potential but it'll be one hell of a job.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by av8fiero:

WHOA! definitely needs a "little work to complete". When do the remains arrive?

Hey if you would answer your phone id have told ya!!! lol Saturday!! come on over!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009

Yeah, there was an extractor scoop there but apparently Señor Rip Off didn't like it so it was cut out again. The rear deck scoop is a bit crooked as well but it doesn't show that way in the pictures.

I'm at a loss for how you would have to cut the corners for the intended headlight setup. If the existing cuts are true to form, you could probably grind them off and use them as a template for a fresh hood. The driver side front fender was widened to cover the wheel a bit better but the passenger only had the cutouts for badging. Some rhinoplasty will be needed for the lower air dam as that was pretty damaged from being moved around half a dozen times. I've been following this situation for nearly a year and I sincerely hope you'll be able to make it right as the car still has some nice potential but it'll be one hell of a job.

I noticed the rear dipity do mess a month ago and already talked to John about that too. I think it will have to go by bye given what I see with the hood chances are he also laid resin and glass on top of paint on the deck lid too.
rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My gosh, I am speechless...
Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good Lord Dude.....Watching the results of Whodumbass and seeing the carcasses of cars coming out of there it is starting to feel like a Nightmare that I cannot awake from and I am not even involved. So Sorry for your losses here man. Good luck with the car. Peace

Pete
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:

I was on the phone with John about a hour ago, the drop off is delayed till next Saturday. If anyone in the area wants to stop over Sat and go over his car with us feel free!! we are ready to get going and make this car right!

That gives you a whole week to get it ready for the Shipman show, no problem .

Seriously its very cool you guys are taking this project on.

PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

That gives you a whole week to get it ready for the Shipman show, no problem .

Seriously its very cool you guys are taking this project on.

LOL ya no show for me this year! My car has no engine at the moment anyway, it is up at Steves house getting its transplant at the moment!
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I feel so sad for all of those involved, I wish you the best of luck in salvaging whats left and creating a work of art if that becomes possible.

Very kind of you guys to be helping out, you're alright
turbodad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for turbodadSend a Private Message to turbodadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you get the motor?

skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by turbodad:

Did you get the motor?

John didn't get it as it ended up being sold to a guy who's in Germany or something, I believe - he did recover the transmission and related adjustment brackets, though. I'm sure he'll post up the list of what was found vs what wasn't soon enough. He wasn't likely going to get home until half past midnight and he has to be up at 5 or so. Been there, no fun. I'm not going to bother him so he has a period to rest and gather his thoughts on the whole mess.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That car is in worse shape then when I saw it back... well... a year ago. WOW So much for "still working on it". Sorry, but Dean needs a good old fashion ass kicking.
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 07:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by turbodad:

Did you get the motor?

Wow man if I had an engine/tranny/cradle that looked like that and someone stole it from me I would be totally pissed off and probably wind up in jail over it....

Pete

------------------
"May the grins begin when you turn the key and hear the engine roar over your shoulder" ......Gall57 (slightly modified LOL)

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Safely home but really tired. Thanks to Scuz for meeting up with us fuel and a drink at a gas station and for letting us know about a cutoff to beat Nashville traffic! Dean is not worth going to jail over. We have excellent folk in the community which is why I keep faith. The red car is missing a ton of stuff and is nowhere near being done. I left it for two reason: one project is enough and the other is Chuck believes he can sort it out and we can gift it to a local youngster that is in need of a car.

Now for the Rottinchop...sigh...oh boy. Far worse than anything I could have imagined. We will head up to Sconsin next weekend on Saturday and let the fellas get a good look at it and give an honest assessment. I hope it is not a total loss. I'll leave judgment to those expert. I think a good buffing and a wax may bring it right back!!!!
84fierored

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fieroredClick Here to visit 84fierored's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84fieroredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John I'm sorry it came down to this for all of you guys with cars down there. there was no positives here for you or Jesse other than you got your cars back(but in worse condition then when they went down there. I wish you the best of luck getting her running and i dearly hope you can push through this terrible incident and take it upon yourself to finish the car to your liking. take care!
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The one thing out of all this that offers me any sort of consolation is that my motor (pictured above) went into another military member's Fiero and he was, and I hope still is, loving it.
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry I won't be able to be there to meet you when you drop off the remains, but I'll be there Monday to check out what Rob has gotten us into. If the chassis is solid and not hacked up and the chop was done right and is square you'll have a car worth finishing and we should be able to help you out.............

................ I"ll bring my buffer, that'll shine that up in no time.......

.............Rising from the ashes will be the PHENIX ROTTINCHOP

Maybe working on your car will inspire me to finish mine LOL!
------------------
1988 CHOPTOP V8
my build thread //www.fiero.nl/forum/F...1/HTML/075707-3.html

Local club http://www.foxvalleyfieros.webs.com/
Facebook club page http://www.facebook.com/gro...?gid=141412865904993
N.I.F.E. member #461 Chris M http://www.fierofocus.com/

[This message has been edited by av8fiero (edited 07-15-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
pegasus1848

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 03:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pegasus1848Send a Private Message to pegasus1848Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OMG. Other than some differences in color of the primer John's and Jesse's cars could be twins (wrecks).
From seeing Jesse's car and pictures of John's, there is one thing I can say about Deans work, it is consistently crappy.
Dean is just a waste of skin.
At least Jesse got his original motor back after 21 months, the bad news is Dean had it apart, we are hoping the pistons did not disappear.
What a mess that ass left everyone.
I hope that when you and Jesse get your cars back together they are at a show together.
Steve
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had dinner with Chris Dobbins in Hunstville, AL last evening. Great guy and the original owner of what was to become the Rottin Chop car. He was rather shocked at what has become of that GT but is pulling for you John! Glad you were able to complete your rescue mission sir

Dr. W.

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen IV replacement GT trunk seals with miter double bonded corners are now in production. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate! More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

sspeedstreet

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sspeedstreetSend a Private Message to sspeedstreetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The one thing out of all this that offers me any sort of consolation is that my motor (pictured above) went into another military member's Fiero and he was, and I hope still is, loving it.

+ for that. You're a class act, sir.

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks. That is exactly what I mean about our community. I can sit and dwell on the negative that has been caused by a man without honour, integrity, or class or I can press forward and surround myself with those that possess these traits. I prefer to spend my energy and thoughts on those that contribute to the positive. The money is gone, plain and simple. No amount of lawsuits or arrests will return that which has vanished.

That being said, I will load up the remnants and head to Sconsin this weekend and we will get an assessment of where we are at. I really hope that the chop was done correctly at a minimum. I would like to invite any and all that are nearby to visit. Should be there all day figuring out which way to head.
carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks. That is exactly what I mean about our community. I can sit and dwell on the negative that has been caused by a man without honour, integrity, or class or I can press forward and surround myself with those that possess these traits. I prefer to spend my energy and thoughts on those that contribute to the positive. The money is gone, plain and simple. No amount of lawsuits or arrests will return that which has vanished.

That being said, I will load up the remnants and head to Sconsin this weekend and we will get an assessment of where we are at. I really hope that the chop was done correctly at a minimum. I would like to invite any and all that are nearby to visit. Should be there all day figuring out which way to head.

Good on ya, man!

Sconnies may drink a lot of beer, but they are good folk. Looking forward to hearing some good news for ya for a change!
Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Have you considered contacting Archie? He might be willing to take a quick look at it and give you his assessment of the chop. His shop is on your route to Sconsin!
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The thought had entered my mind but I don't want to put anyone out. Archie is the master though.....hmmmm......
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I can sit and dwell on the negative that has been caused by a man without honour, integrity, or class or I can press forward and surround myself with those that possess these traits.

VERY commendable, and another +1 for you!

That aside, and I understand trying to keep positive, but there are limits I hope. I do hope you are in line to try to sue for damages or make him pay in some way. As commendable as it is to keep your honor, and I agree that it is, honor alone will do nothing to punish him, and make him responsible for all of the bad that he has done to so many.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We began that process. I have to look at this and be a realist. Many hours will be poured in to a lawsuit along with a few thousand dollars spent. I will win, of that there is very little doubt, but where will that leave me? I will have lost those hours and that money but will recieve nothing in return other than the satisfaction of winning. It will be hard to gain money from an individual that has none. I will end up losing all that time and money as well. I think I would be better served by cutting my loses now and pressing forward.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock