Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Photo Chop Shop is open lets give it a shot! (Page 55)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 64 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Photo Chop Shop is open lets give it a shot! by 85SEnochie
Started on: 12-19-2007 01:00 PM
Replies: 2550 (102436 views)
Last post by: engine man on 11-04-2018 06:32 PM
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2013 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, I like it. Maybe Archie follows this thread. Here I go again spending money before its in my pocket. Still plenty of other stuff to work on first but I think this maybe in my future if at all possible.
IP: Logged
85SEnochie

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2013 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LornesGT:

Thanks, I like it. Maybe Archie follows this thread. Here I go again spending money before its in my pocket. Still plenty of other stuff to work on first but I think this maybe in my future if at all possible.

I'm sure that's its possible but not sure if it would be possible for your or my pocket book

------------------

Love The Excitement! https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/068738.html

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2013 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85SEnochie:

I think I may have to make my own air intake for the passenger side to mirror the stock one on the driver side because I can not find one anywhere

------------------

[This message has been edited by 85SEnochie (edited 06-18-2013).]

Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2013 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I've never seen a matching one for the factory driver's side scoop. Most people will update both instead. Do what makes you happy. Different is good!!

------------------
Jonathan

'68-69 GTO Nose - The Project has Begun!
My '85 L67 Build Thread

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2013 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

Yeah, I've never seen a matching one for the factory driver's side scoop. Most people will update both instead. Do what makes you happy. Different is good!!

I like a lot of the different ones made but wont work with my stripes on the side so I am trying to figure out what to do to mirror the grill cover on it do not think it will flip correctly?

------------------

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2013 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The scoop itself won't be that bad but the grill won't flip so you'll prolly have to make two new ones to match.

------------------
Jonathan

My '85 L67 Build Thread

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2013 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85SEnochie:

Found a great picture to recreate the game picture I have as a sig Edit to say how I like the shape of the spokes of the BBS wheels it is similar to the shape of the rear window

Nice!

Bob
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2013 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The scoop itself won't be that bad but the grill won't flip so you'll prolly have to make two new ones to match.

Yah I am looking to find maybe a grill from another car that I could cut pieces of it out to mount or make something like this for both sides and thanks for the complement RCR

------------------

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2013 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A little bump I really like this idea for a kit on a fiero

------------------

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2013 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll post another thought I had of the liz front here

------------------

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2013 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm thinking that some paint would brake up the side from looking like a block what do you think?

Or

back to the black silver one

------------------

[This message has been edited by 85SEnochie (edited 06-27-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2013 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like your "Bumble Bee" edition!

------------------
Jonathan

My '85 L67 Build Thread

TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2013 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe you should think of removing the side mirrors in replacement of side cameras?

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2013 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I like your "Bumble Bee" edition!

I do think it breaks up the brick look it was having as a solid color

------------------

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2013 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

85SEnochie

2081 posts
Member since Oct 2007

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

Maybe you should think of removing the side mirrors in replacement of side cameras?

The mirror polls were a bit ugly Cameras would be pretty cool I think

------------------

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2013 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The side mirrors are just way to roundish for the rest of the angular lines of the body...just my opinion.

Here is thoughts I had a year or so ago:

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

And as far as the argument for not enough real-estate to do this correctly..not sure that is completely true:

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 06-27-2013).]

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2013 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The side mirrors are just way to roundish for the rest of the angular lines of the body...just my opinion.

Here is thoughts I had a year or so ago:

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

And as far as the argument for not enough real-estate to do this correctly..not sure that is completely true:

I like the mirror would have to figure out how you were going to get the door open but it could be figured out and the real-estate looks reasonable just the lines are so stinking sharp if only we could round the edges easily I would have one for sure

------------------

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2013 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Or attach it to the door and just marry up to the other side face to face flush?
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2013 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the wheels

------------------

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2013 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Giving the worst angle of the Liz the same treatment as the bumble bee

------------------

[This message has been edited by 85SEnochie (edited 07-02-2013).]

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2013 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

85SEnochie

2081 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Here is a non-stretch Countach That was all white so I photo shopped some black act-scents in it and liking it a lot more

And maybe wingless

I know the lines are not quite right but they are close

------------------

[This message has been edited by 85SEnochie (edited 07-03-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2013 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LIKEY LIKEY!
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2013 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LIKEY LIKEY!

Thanks for the info on the Lambo another dream that I can wish for

------------------

355Fiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 355FieroSend a Private Message to 355FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
85SEnochie;

I read through a bunch of this thread the other night. Nice work with photoshop.

I was wondering if you have any more info on the FGTO concept by Nardo on your first page? I haven't gone through all 55 pages of this thread so maybe it is further in than I got. I also had a look on the net for more info but nothing showed up.

I have a 3" stretched Fiero frame left over from a project and I am looking to do something with it. I really like the lines of that car on the Fiero panels and might look at this as a starting point. The only problem I have is I can't do much fiberglassing any more so this project might not fit the final bill for me but some of the styling pieces I really like. I always wondered what a flared version of a Fiero would look like more so than the wide body that Archie makes. I think something like the new 370 style flare would work well on the fastback Fiero

Thanks much
Don
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 355Fiero:

85SEnochie;

I read through a bunch of this thread the other night. Nice work with photoshop.

I was wondering if you have any more info on the FGTO concept by Nardo on your first page? I haven't gone through all 55 pages of this thread so maybe it is further in than I got. I also had a look on the net for more info but nothing showed up.

I have a 3" stretched Fiero frame left over from a project and I am looking to do something with it. I really like the lines of that car on the Fiero panels and might look at this as a starting point. The only problem I have is I can't do much fiberglassing any more so this project might not fit the final bill for me but some of the styling pieces I really like. I always wondered what a flared version of a Fiero would look like more so than the wide body that Archie makes. I think something like the new 370 style flare would work well on the fastback Fiero

Thanks much
Don

What color would you like to see it in? And here is a link that Amida has for the fender fairs check it out https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/000091-33.html

Here are a couple pix

Terry

------------------

[This message has been edited by 85SEnochie (edited 07-03-2013).]

355Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 355FieroSend a Private Message to 355FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Terry;

I have seen Rob's flares but they are not the shape I am looking for really. I am thinking of the shape of the flares like on the FGTO picture or some Nissan 370 front and rear flares grafted to the Fiero panels. I have 4" width increase each side on the rear and 2" each side on the front with 18" rims so the flares/body would come out a fair amount to cover the tires. I have an additional 3" of stretch as well behind the firewall so more room to get the shape out that far without looking really bulky. My frame is also a convertible setup so I can have either a convertible or targa setup. I have mechanisms for both.

Do you have any more info on that project/concept or was it also a one off Photoshop by you or someone else?

I should get some side shots of a Fiero and start doing some basic mockups as well to see what I will end up with....

Thanks
Don
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks Terry;

I have seen Rob's flares but they are not the shape I am looking for really. I am thinking of the shape of the flares like on the FGTO picture or some Nissan 370 front and rear flares grafted to the Fiero panels. I have 4" width increase each side on the rear and 2" each side on the front with 18" rims so the flares/body would come out a fair amount to cover the tires. I have an additional 3" of stretch as well behind the firewall so more room to get the shape out that far without looking really bulky. My frame is also a convertible setup so I can have either a convertible or targa setup. I have mechanisms for both.

Do you have any more info on that project/concept or was it also a one off Photoshop by you or someone else?

I should get some side shots of a Fiero and start doing some basic mockups as well to see what I will end up with....

Thanks
Don

OK I got what you mean and no I do not have any info on FGTO it is a photo shop that some one else started and I tweaked I will go get started on it.

------------------

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

85SEnochie

2081 posts
Member since Oct 2007
I'll start with this what do you think?

------------------

355Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2013 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 355FieroSend a Private Message to 355FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Terry;

Good start. I like the shape of the front flare so far. I don't think the rear quarters would be wide enough yet though. The tires and rims come out a long way on the back....

How about making the rear quarters a bit wider top to bottom like the FGTO and add in some bubble flares like the images below.

Thanks very much for doing this.

Don

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2013 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks Terry;

Good start. I like the shape of the front flare so far. I don't think the rear quarters would be wide enough yet though. The tires and rims come out a long way on the back....

How about making the rear quarters a bit wider top to bottom like the FGTO and add in some bubble flares like the images below.

Thanks very much for doing this.

Don

No problem I may have to do something a little different with the front to get it to match a little more but what do you think of this?

------------------

355Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2013 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 355FieroSend a Private Message to 355FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Terry;

You are fast......

What are your thoughts on this look. It doesn't seem to translate over to the Fiero shape quite as well as I thought it might???

Any other ideas for a wide body rear end that incorporates the FGTO type of look???

Thanks for doing all of this.
Don
PFF
System Bot
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2013 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks Terry;

You are fast......

What are your thoughts on this look. It doesn't seem to translate over to the Fiero shape quite as well as I thought it might???

Any other ideas for a wide body rear end that incorporates the FGTO type of look???

Thanks for doing all of this.
Don

I thought this looks better then we can give it an intake that you want on it what do you think of this?

------------------

355Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2013 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 355FieroSend a Private Message to 355FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Funny;

I was doing the same thing as you only I was using Paint and lines and it wasn't working very well.......

I like that better. Now what about the same type of intake as the FGTO with a strake in the middle?

Maybe keep the same shape as the upper (first) picture of the front edge of the flare where the intake would be? Am I making sense? There would be a hard line at the top of the intake that goes to the outer edge of the flare and the original Fiero quarter back to the flare edge??

I drew a quick merge as best I could in Paint and hopefully it makes sense....

Thanks
Don
355Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2013 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 355FieroSend a Private Message to 355FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

355Fiero

548 posts
Member since Dec 2004
Oh; Almost forgot, can you make it a convertible as well????
355Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2013 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 355FieroSend a Private Message to 355FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

355Fiero

548 posts
Member since Dec 2004
Terry;

I keep gong back to the FGTO reer section and it looks so good. Any way you can draft that to the rear section???

Almost looks like an Archie wide body with the extra bubble set on top???

Thanks
Don

[This message has been edited by 355Fiero (edited 07-04-2013).]

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2013 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Terry;

I keep gong back to the FGTO reer section and it looks so good. Any way you can draft that to the rear section???

Almost looks like an Archie wide body with the extra bubble set on top???

Thanks
Don

I can not see the link but will get to the vert later

------------------

355Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2013 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 355FieroSend a Private Message to 355FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks very much Terry;

The link was actually back to the first page of this thread showing the FGTO.

Talk to you soon
Don

[This message has been edited by 355Fiero (edited 07-04-2013).]

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2013 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks very much Terry;

The link was actually back to the first page of this thread showing the FGTO.

Talk to you soon
Don

You are welcome Love doing it to inspire people and I think I have done so
Yah it is a wide body with the extra but it is also a Chop top it makes a bit of a difference their too. Have a Happy 4th will talk tomorrow

Terry

------------------

355Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2013 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 355FieroSend a Private Message to 355FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Terry;

I forgot you guys are on holiday down there. We had ours in Canada on Monday.

My project also has the extended windshield and convertible so it should be a good lookin' car by the end of it....

Enjoy the rest of the day.
Don
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2013 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oh; Almost forgot, can you make it a convertible as well????

OK so here is my attempt to make it convertible Or Roadster

------------------

[This message has been edited by 85SEnochie (edited 07-05-2013).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 64 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock