Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Photo Chop Shop is open lets give it a shot! (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 64 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Photo Chop Shop is open lets give it a shot! by 85SEnochie
Started on: 12-19-2007 01:00 PM
Replies: 2550 (102377 views)
Last post by: engine man on 11-04-2018 06:32 PM
85SEnochie

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2009 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by HC:

85SEnochie - What program do you use for editing? What settings are you using that screw up your scaling? Do you have a LCD monitor or CRT? Are you scaling the images down, editing, then blowing them up again?

What scaling are you talking about?

I have two LCD's, Print shop Pro. is what I use to chop them up and microsoft picture manager is what I use to bring it back to JPG file and bring it back down to 800x600

[This message has been edited by 85SEnochie (edited 01-24-2009).]

IP: Logged
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still looking for a better angle on the fiero bonnet.

HC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HCClick Here to visit HC's HomePageSend a Private Message to HCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It just seems to be choppy, I don't know. Maybe a low quality JPG? One of those programs is affecting your pictures. What formats does Paint Shop Pro let you save under?

I was wondering what kind of screen you had because usually CRTs hide imperfections better.

fieroboom

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by HC:

It just seems to be choppy, I don't know. Maybe a low quality JPG? One of those programs is affecting your pictures. What formats does Paint Shop Pro let you save under?

I was wondering what kind of screen you had because usually CRTs hide imperfections better.

The reason is because I took the original, did my edits, then saved it as a jpg @ 90% quality. He then takes that image, edits it, and saves it at (default is 85%) lower quality. The result is 85% quality of a 90% quality image, resulting in a 76.5% quality image. Below 85% on a jpg is usually pretty noticeable, even directly from the original.
However, AFAIK, Print Shop Pro doesn't have a really good rendering engine, and judging from the file sizes, he's saving at about 65-70% quality. That half orange/white car was my 'shop, and it sits at about 108.56KB, and his all orange one sits at about 73.32KB, resulting in his file size being ~76% that of mine. He could get around that by verifying that when he edits an edit, such as mine, he saves at 100% quality.
-Paul

------------------
Journal of a concept: http://southeastfieros.com >>> Build Thread >>> Parts thread (for project funding)

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroboom:

The reason is because I took the original, did my edits, then saved it as a jpg @ 90% quality. He then takes that image, edits it, and saves it at (default is 85%) lower quality. The result is 85% quality of a 90% quality image, resulting in a 76.5% quality image. Below 85% on a jpg is usually pretty noticeable, even directly from the original.
However, AFAIK, Print Shop Pro doesn't have a really good rendering engine, and judging from the file sizes, he's saving at about 65-70% quality. That half orange/white car was my 'shop, and it sits at about 108.56KB, and his all orange one sits at about 73.32KB, resulting in his file size being ~76% that of mine. He could get around that by verifying that when he edits an edit, such as mine, he saves at 100% quality.
-Paul

I did both the two tone and the all orange one Must be getting better if you can not tell them apart Print shop makes the files bitmap Ya when I chop an allready chopped picture the quality goes to *&%$ BEEEEP Then to post here I have to bring it back down to 800x600 so that it is less than 150kb it all goes to heck and a hand basket dam it.

[This message has been edited by 85SEnochie (edited 01-27-2009).]

helmet1978

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for helmet1978Click Here to visit helmet1978's HomePageSend a Private Message to helmet1978Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like you skills are improving! I don't have much time to photoshop anymore but here are a few I did "back in the day"

Ferarri 512M light:

Playing with my car (ahh the 90s):

My old 86SE with a few additions:

Early concept for my car:
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

I have pre-chop originals for all but the limo...I probably have it around somewhere too.

------------------
http://www.raceme.cc/helmet/

fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85SEnochie:

I did both the two tone and the all orange one Must be getting better if you can not tell them apart Print shop makes the files bitmap Ya when I chop an allready chopped picture the quality goes to *&%$ BEEEEP Then to post here I have to bring it back down to 800x600 so that it is less than 150kb it all goes to heck and a hand basket dam it.

I think a lot of the blame falls on Print Shop Pro. I used to use Paint Shop Pro, which is what the program was before Corel bought Jasc, and thus the right to PSP in 2004. I loved Paint Shop Pro, but I hated Corel's Print Shop... I was having a lot of the same issues you are. You really should be doing all these in GIMP man, because it's good practice, since you're just messing around.
However, in PSP, IIRC, there is a check at the bottom of the initial save dialog that says "Invoke Options Dialogue Box". Be sure to check that and save as jpg @ 100% on an edit of an edit.
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think a lot of the blame falls on Print Shop Pro. I used to use Paint Shop Pro, which is what the program was before Corel bought Jasc, and thus the right to PSP in 2004. I loved Paint Shop Pro, but I hated Corel's Print Shop... I was having a lot of the same issues you are. You really should be doing all these in GIMP man, because it's good practice, since you're just messing around.
However, in PSP, IIRC, there is a check at the bottom of the initial save dialog that says "Invoke Options Dialogue Box". Be sure to check that and save as jpg @ 100% on an edit of an edit.

I have the old 97 or 98 version I can not find the box you are talking about I use print shop deluxe and found with advanced photo editing the print shop photo pro.

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

85SEnochie

2081 posts
Member since Oct 2007

Originally posted by helmet1978:

Looks like you skills are improving! I don't have much time to photoshop anymore but here are a few I did "back in the day"

Ferarri 512M light:

Playing with my car (ahh the 90s):

My old 86SE with a few additions:

Early concept for my car:

I have pre-chop originals for all but the limo...I probably have it around somewhere too.

Good stuff I really like the blue one it's alot of fun you'r two tone is still my favorite like the new LED's thay are sweet.
fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Um... You didn't post my original edit here.... Or else the difference would have been huge:

Original image:

My edit (original edit):

Your post:

See the difference in the car's edges from your edit to mine? That's the drop in quality that HC is talking about...

EDIT:
If you're going to grab my images from another thread, I'd appreciate at least a little credit.
EDIT EDIT:
Actually, I see what you're saying, and now I feel like an idiot... I hadn't inspected closely until now, and I see that it is indeed your work, not mine copied... But I'm leaving this post up for clarity/quality purposes...

[This message has been edited by fieroboom (edited 01-27-2009).]

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2009 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fieroboom Found a Fiero sticker at a good angle would you want to color this one or go get the original and put this on there?

PFF
System Bot
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2009 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Targa tops are sweet T tops are cool too but lets go all the way

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2009 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

85SEnochie

2081 posts
Member since Oct 2007

I normally don't ooh & ahh over my own images, but I haven't even finished this one, and I'm already on my second pair of pants.... Does anyone else think this is just flat out sexy as hell? You get a + if you can tell me what it's from.

do da do How is it going I am excited to see!

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2009 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was checking out the concept thread and was inspired by a little reality and allot of fantasy to come up with this one.

The Reality picture or not photo shopped

The Concept that inspired me

And what I made with both ideas

[This message has been edited by 85SEnochie (edited 02-04-2009).]

fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2009 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

do da do How is it going I am excited to see!

It's not at the moment... All of my efforts are currently focused on the Alabama Fiero Club.
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2009 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's not at the moment... All of my efforts are currently focused on the Alabama Fiero Club.

Take your time I have lots of popcorn to keep me satisfied until then.
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2009 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

85SEnochie

2081 posts
Member since Oct 2007

[This message has been edited by 85SEnochie (edited 02-06-2009).]

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2009 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump.....Has anybody done any photo shop and would like to share?
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2009 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New sig the other one was really ugly now it is just a little ugly

------------------

Love The Excitement!

fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2009 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

New sig the other one was really ugly now it is just a little ugly

This sig is a perfect example of your image saving quality... see how the letters look dirty?

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2009 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
PFF
System Bot
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2009 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I moved the forground down holly crap I did somthing with GIMP Complex is an understatment with using GIMP

FieroFanatic13

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2009 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can you make the cars in these pics white? Want to keep the trim black as an fyi.

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2009 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hows this?

------------------

Love The Excitement!

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2009 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still liking the bumper pads more ane more!

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2009 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A little bump I haven’t done much lately if I can get a motor that leaks a little less than this one maybe I could make this a reality

------------------

Love The Excitement!

ghost187x

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2009 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i hope ur still open for business ;-)
can you or anybody put a murcielago nose on this pic?
you can go to www.kingdomcustoms.com to look at the murcielago bumper.

thanks!!!
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2009 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is the Chop-shop still open? I have a request
aeffertz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2009 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aeffertzSend a Private Message to aeffertzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm decent with photoshop.
Throw some ideas at me.
ghost187x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2009 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ghost187x:

thanks!!!

can you help me out aeffertz??
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2009 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yah it is open for me or anybody just a good spot for the photo shoppers to show off there work.
PFF
System Bot
Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2009 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

2-tone silver over red please?

Thanks
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2009 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sliver over Red, do you like?

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2009 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

85SEnochie

2081 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Here is a quicky someting like this?

ghost187x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2009 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hell yeah! ur the best 85SEnotchie!! i am totally coppin that!!
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2009 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hell yeah! ur the best 85SEnotchie!! i am totally coppin that!!

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2009 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sliver over Red, do you like?

Did you see the two tone I did for you?
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2009 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

85SEnochie

2081 posts
Member since Oct 2007

thanks!!!

Had to clean it up a little not a quicky

aeffertz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2009 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for aeffertzSend a Private Message to aeffertzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I liked the look of the white so much, I figured I'd make my own version of it, too!
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2009 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
COOL! it is fun to create the ideas in your head and it's FREE!

Originally posted by aeffertz:

I liked the look of the white so much, I figured I'd make my own version of it, too!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 64 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock