Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  The Official History of JScott1's PROUD 1, or Meet Chop Top #14 (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 23 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The Official History of JScott1's PROUD 1, or Meet Chop Top #14 by jscott1
Started on: 07-29-2004 11:12 PM
Replies: 911 (67381 views)
Last post by: jscott1 on 05-17-2020 12:44 AM
PBJ

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2004 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PBJSend a Private Message to PBJEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Did you avoid the spin out area or did you want to spin the tires? Who won?

That picture was taken in the burn out area. I will have to look at the time slip to see if the chop did at the 60 ft mark against the Camaro. (slips are still out in the car) Beck had a run against the camaro that came out pretty tight at the end. People just love the chop top, even though it is multi colored at the moment.

Pete

IP: Logged
Her86GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2004 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Her86GTClick Here to visit Her86GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to Her86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

no word on if it took the Camaro or not...

Well it wasn't a very close race.... but here it the timeslip. The first 60ft was good. I think 'ol choppy needs some new tires - they didn't hook up at all but I'm sure this will be only one of it's new improvements once it gets home. I'm looking forward to seeing this car once it's done! Not sure if I will ever get a chance to drive it again once it's done the renovations.

Becky

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2004 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Her86GT:

I think 'ol choppy needs some new tires - they didn't hook up at all but I'm sure this will be only one of it's new improvements once it gets home. Becky

Thanks Becky, I'm sure 'Ol Choppy needs a lot of things. Were you getting wheel spin or was it just slipping?

I've never drag raced in my life, I never thought my car would get the chance before me Maybe I'll get hooked like Linenoise

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2004 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks Becky, I'm sure 'Ol Choppy needs a lot of things. Were you getting wheel spin or was it just slipping?

I've never drag raced in my life, I never thought my car would get the chance before me Maybe I'll get hooked like Linenoise

she went throught the burn-out to get some sticky grip from tires. Byw, she did beat the 1967 Camero. JScott, you know she has a bad 4.9 turbo, right? You might want to get one before you head-out?

Her86GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2004 08:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Her86GTClick Here to visit Her86GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to Her86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Were you getting wheel spin or was it just slipping?

It was spinning and got the rubber nice and hot when I did the burnout. When I went of the line, it was spun up for quite a while before it got traction. Due to the old tires.

Becky

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2004 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
15.1 ????
That is ALMOST as fast as my 13.2 with my little ol 6 banger

Hummmm Baby seat huh? I bet that got some reaction from some of the mothers there!
Jon, I bet you son would love to gop down the track with his daddy!!!!!

------------------

98 3800SC GTP motor,3.4 pulley, Getrag 5sp.
custom hood, trunk, side scoops, IRM front spoiler, 17" excel's , dk.Shadow Grey

PBJ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2004 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PBJSend a Private Message to PBJEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

15.1 ????

Hummmm Baby seat huh? I bet that got some reaction from some of the mothers there!
Jon, I bet you son would love to gop down the track with his daddy!!!!!

Gotta love drag racing with a 2 seater and one seat having a baby seat strapped in Wonder if the track would let a baby run in the passenger seat, not that it would be very smart as a parent to try.

Wasn't your "little ol" v6 is a stick shift, if it where auto like the 4.9 is you would loose a second or so too. Auto's are good for strength and consistancy on the track, not for setting records IMO.

Pete

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2004 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep 5-sp with spec III clutch , Jon would love to take me on I bet. Maybe at the RRR??????
No bashing coming from me

------------------

98 3800SC GTP motor,3.4 pulley, Getrag 5sp.
custom hood, trunk, side scoops, IRM front spoiler, 17" excel's , dk.Shadow Grey

Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2004 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My kids are always debating (fighting) about who's gonna ride in the car with daddy. For some reason, they always see mom in the minivan lol. I'll have to use a baby seat too!

------------------
Jay Brintnell
Owner / Design Lead
WordMark.ca Communications

Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2004 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Eclipse

2040 posts
Member since Jun 2004
Forgot to ask.... How many Miles or kms were on the Duke?
Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2004 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PBJ:

Auto's are good for strength and consistancy on the track, not for setting records IMO.

Pete

They are heavy too. Thats why I am keeping my 5 speed. I cant wait to get some numbers at the track. I think I will let the humidity go down some and hit the track after a while.

------------------
-Chris -
Custom Gun Metal 86 GT 4.9 V8 5spd

Build up tread or MODS w/ Pics

PFF
System Bot
PBJ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2004 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PBJSend a Private Message to PBJEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Were you getting wheel spin

I don't think the old duke was much of a tire shredder to wear those 245 50 series tires down

Pete

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2004 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Actually those 245/50s probably have less than 5,000 miles on them and are only about a year old, so its not an age issue. I just need stickier tires if I want to drag race.

The duke had about 80,000 miles on it with all new accessories. If someone wants to pay the shipping charge from London I could make it worth their while.

I can be happy with a 15 second 1/4 mile car...I didn't build it to be a drag car, just a reliable car with a lot of power for normal driving.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 08-23-2004).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2004 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jscott1

21676 posts
Member since Dec 2001
Another update from Pete. My car went to a cruise night. The car seems to be having a good time on its summer vacation.

I think Pete washed it. That would be the first time its been washed since it became a fastback let alone a chop top.

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2004 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My car went to a cruise night. The car seems to be having a good time on its summer vacation.

This keeps sounding more like those "roaming gnome" commercials for Travelocity. You may never get your car back, Jonathan! You'll just get ocassional emails from places where it's been.

linenoise

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2004 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for linenoiseClick Here to visit linenoise's HomePageSend a Private Message to linenoiseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

This keeps sounding more like those "roaming gnome" commercials for Travelocity. You may never get your car back, Jonathan! You'll just get ocassional emails from places where it's been.

LMAO!

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2004 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:
You may never get your car back, Jonathan! You'll just get ocassional emails from places where it's been.

I hope that's not the case.

MaxCubes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2004 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MaxCubesSend a Private Message to MaxCubesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

15.1 ????

Yea, and I'm sure there are some "little ol 4 bangers" doing 11's

Damn... nobody can post a time without someone else saying "HEY MY CAR IS FASTER AND ALL IT HAS IS A.. BLAH, BLAH, BLAH BLAH"

[This message has been edited by MaxCubes (edited 08-24-2004).]

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2004 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

QUOTE]

I like this pic, cause the guy with the mullet looking at it thinking,
"Holly **** , How do they get in in out of that thing"

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2004 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jscott1:

"The other Fieros seem so Tall"

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2004 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MaxCubes:

Damn... nobody can post a time without someone else saying "HEY MY CAR IS FASTER AND ALL IT HAS IS A.. BLAH, BLAH, BLAH BLAH"

Well, if it was anybody other than Revin saying it I might be upset.

The other Fieros do seem Kinda tall don't they?

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 08-23-2004).]

PFF
System Bot
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2004 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The other Fieros do seem Kinda tall don't they?

Can you say "Checker Cab"?

j/k

zMacK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2004 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zMacKSend a Private Message to zMacKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

sweet... beauty burnout, does the 4 speed auto spin both rears eavenly off launch?
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2004 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
According to PBJ my engine swap is officially complete. Linenoise, move me to the complete column!

Unfortunately, (for me) it will be a while before I can drive it. But this is good news for people in the London area... look for the car to show up at cruise nights or even a show-n-shine in the GTA.

Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2004 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

According to PBJ my engine swap is officially complete. Linenoise, move me to the complete column!

Unfortunately, (for me) it will be a while before I can drive it. ...

Why is that?

--Will

PBJ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2004 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PBJSend a Private Message to PBJEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jim and I finished up the final steps today and gave the car a look over after just shy of 300 miles. Fortunatly for me my job on Jscott's car for the next little while is to drive the car to be sure it is completely ready for the trip home. What a hardship The car sure does get alot of looks, kind different, you make a small car even smaller and it gets more attention. Here is my favorite picture of the exterior of Jscott's car.

Pete

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2004 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will-Martin:
Why is that?

--Will

Just the logistics of getting the car home will push its return to September. I'm doing a fly in/ drive out.

DotTC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2004 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DotTCClick Here to visit DotTC's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotTCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Pete

Well now theres a horse of a couple differant colors

------------------
1988 Aero 88 coupe.. 2.8l v6.. more mods to come.
Photo Gallery - Fiero Links - WebShop

Bradbitz11

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2004 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradbitz11Send a Private Message to Bradbitz11Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just the logistics of getting the car home will push its return to September. I'm doing a fly in/ drive out.

Darn, I was hoping that you couldn't show up till, say, October, so I could see it at the Cruise! :-p

Just kidding. I'm sure it will get even better, which is hard to imagine!

Brad

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2004 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got any more pics?
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2004 02:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:
Got any more pics?

Now that the engine swap is completed I wasn't planning to post again until I get the car home and can start to work on it again...but Curley you are insatiable

Hopefully can get some new shots from the show n shine this weekend in the GTA.

- Jonathan

PFF
System Bot
NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2004 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Now that the engine swap is completed I wasn't planning to post again until I get the car home and can start to work on it again...but Curley you are insatiable

Hopefully can get some new shots from the show n shine this weekend in the GTA.

- Jonathan

I love this thread!!
jscott... I talked (email) to Stuart in Cleburne and I am buying the 4.9L he has in the Mall...
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/022112.html
So, Theres going to be 2 Chopped 4.9LGTs in Texas...
Poor Revin...
keep us posted, Becky.. Pete.. J-chop..

------------------
*Custom-Shaved HandBuilt!!* *FIRST-EVER CHOPTOP-WIDEBODY GT!!*
*~*going 4.9L*~*Pic's Coming Soon! Stay Tuned!!

[This message has been edited by NotAFieroAnyLonger (edited 09-05-2004).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2004 03:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NotAFieroAnyLonger:

I love this thread!! So, Theres going to be 2 Chopped 4.9LGTs in Texas...
Poor Revin...

Steve, Don't feel too sorry for Revin, even though his car will look like a checker cab next to ours it's still pretty darn fast!

I think one of my next cars will be a 3800SC just to see what all the fuss is about.

I wasn't planning to post more pics, (the car still looks the same) but since you bumped it, I'll give the people something new to look at:

From the GTA Show-n-shine:

The other cars look so tall

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 09-05-2004).]

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2004 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Steve, Don't feel too sorry for Revin, even though his car will look like a checker cab next to ours it's still pretty darn fast!

WoW, look at all the 4x4 Fiero's...LMAO!

Oh, I don't feel sorry for him, he has a top 10 PFF Fiero... Nice wheel's, paint, 3800SC(very clean install) and some very nice seat cover's!
I have found everything I need for the 5speed swap and at a GREAT price ($150.00), But, I am going to go ahead and install the 4.9L using the 125 and then drive it to MstangsBware's place and we are going to swap out the auto for the 5speed this Fall sometime!

Is thereanything new Becky, Pete, or Jonathan..??

------------------
----------------------------------
*Custom-Shaved HandBuilt!!*
*FIRST-EVER CHOPTOP-WIDEBODY GT!!*

(( 4.9L-V8-5speed)) swap soon
-----------------------------------------------

[This message has been edited by NotAFieroAnyLonger (edited 09-13-2004).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2004 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NotAFieroAnyLonger: But, I am going to go ahead and install the 4.9L using the 125 and then drive it to MstangsBware's place and we are going to swap out the auto for the 5speed this Fall sometime!

Is thereanything new Becky, Pete, or Jonathan..??

I have nothing new to report, except that I will be picking the car up in less than a week. Then starting the cross country journey to get it home. I am going to drive it, rather than trailer it. It will very nearly duplicate the journey almost three years ago when I bought the car in Lockport, NY, (near Niagara Falls) and drove it to Houston.

Steve, why are you planning to do the 4.9 swap in two steps? Wouldn't it be easier to just put the tranny you want in there the first time? After you drive it with the 125 you are going to wish you had a better tranny immediately. Looking forward to seeing the spy photos of the smoooth.

BtotheB

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2004 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BtotheBClick Here to visit BtotheB's HomePageSend a Private Message to BtotheBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Heh, kinda reminds me of mine right before I painted it.

Huh. Too bad I wasn't able to see it in person. Ah well, I'll just keep the thread bookmarked, close enough. I must've missed it before in this thread, but what colour are you thinking of painting it?

Brad

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2004 02:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have nothing new to report, except that I will be picking the car up in less than a week. Then starting the cross country journey to get it home. I am going to drive it, rather than trailer it. It will very nearly duplicate the journey almost three years ago when I bought the car in Lockport, NY, (near Niagara Falls) and drove it to Houston.

Sounds good. Please do take pics along the way + chotop reaction from the locals on the trip. Whats really strange and funny is when ppl were looking at mine comming from Archie's ppl was still asking questions. When I was more concerned about it's apprearance...go figure.

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2004 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm still undecided on the color. I think I'm going to make that a little surprise Hopefully the next series of photos, (after the cruise home) will be with paint on the car.

I discovered after leaving Archie's that the car attracted a crowd. Of course a multi-colored chop top on a trailer is not something you see every day. Now a multi-colored chop top with a 4.9 V8, you don't see those too often, (#1 of 1 I believe)

PBJ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2004 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PBJSend a Private Message to PBJEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
jscott1, PM sent Got a ? for you
NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2004 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

chop top with a 4.9 V8, you don't see those too often, (#1 of 1 I believe)

That is going to have to be changed later...

I am going to do the 5 speed instead of the 125.. I just don't know when I am going to do the swap(tranny), so I was just going to drive it w/ the auto... But, you want me to wait..

OK, I will wait.

Looking good J!

------------------
----------------------------------
*Custom-Shaved HandBuilt!!*
*FIRST-EVER CHOPTOP-WIDEBODY GT!!*

(( 4.9L-V8-5speed)) swap soon
-----------------------------------------------

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 23 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock