Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  The Official History of JScott1's PROUD 1, or Meet Chop Top #14 (Page 15)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 23 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The Official History of JScott1's PROUD 1, or Meet Chop Top #14 by jscott1
Started on: 07-29-2004 11:12 PM
Replies: 911 (67373 views)
Last post by: jscott1 on 05-17-2020 12:44 AM
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gendo3:

woah~ that sucks...Glad I can paint my own car when it's ready...

welcome...

and you paint? Whereabouts in Texas are you?
IP: Logged
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
shameless hijack
Jonathon, I have not seen Gendo3 post before. Welcome to the forum Gendo3.
Texas you say ?
Rockin Red River Ruckus Road Rally
jscott, I guessed two persons in your ride to the Ruckus, correct ? And I think you said it would be in the Indy. I am updateing attendees on my first page and their Fieros. Post there please.
Gendo3, I hope you can make the Ruckus. You will enjoy yourself and your Fiero more. (You will enjoy yourself and your Fiero more. this is gonna go in my thread. A secret linky.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 09-02-2007).]

DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You know all things happen for a reason. Maybe you were destined to have a wide body and that’s why you have never gotten a good paint job yet. Don’t fight it.

[This message has been edited by DL10 (edited 09-02-2007).]

Gendo3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gendo3Send a Private Message to Gendo3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fort Worth~

err...well...currently my fiero is eating weeds in the back yard engine has a hole in the block so I'm saving up for a 3800sc swap...(the daily driver isn't making saving up easy, however...)
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well....many from Dallas and Fort Worth area are coming. Some may appreciate company on the ride down and the sharing of a motel. Just a thought. Don't be shy, post in the thread.
No matter, my best to you and your Fiero.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 09-02-2007).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DL10:

You know all things happen for a reason. Maybe you were destined to have a wide body and that’s why you have never gotten a good paint job yet. Don’t fight it.

I guess you and Madcurl are now ganging up on me?

I don't know what my next move is...but Curley has been telling me to go widebody for the last 6 months or so. I expect my car is going to have to come back to Archie's at one point or another... Just gotta find the time and the money to make that happen.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

I guess you and Madcurl are now ganging up on me?

submit, submit, submit.....(if you submit now the pain won't be as bad, once #013 rolls in TX for the Ruckus run).

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

how bout some porsche rims?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2007 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fall 2007 bump! Anything new to report.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2007 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

how bout some porsche rims?

Nice rims and drop. I hope it looks this good again soon. But I have a feeling there is a big change on the horizon.

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2007 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Houston, Machesney Park, IL here, the Eagle has landed!!

After marinating over what to do about my car, I decided that it needed to come home and be refreshed by the master. It will also get a few other goodies while here. Updates will be posted here as well as possibly in the "what's up at Archie's" thread.

Thanks for all the support in getting to this point.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 09-29-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2007 02:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Far out! Looking forward to seeing how this turns out!

(is that side mirror photoshopped??)

------------------

[This message has been edited by Falcon Fiero (edited 09-30-2007).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2007 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks...the mirror is real.
PontiacJ829

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2007 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PontiacJ829Click Here to visit PontiacJ829's HomePageSend a Private Message to PontiacJ829Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

thanks...the mirror is real.

What's it from?
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2007 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
96 Aurora
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2007 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice Decah doors you have there on #014; that makes the total of (6) choptops with VDCs.

1. #011.
2. #014.
3. #015.
4. #020.
5. #022.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-30-2007).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2007 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks...your car looked good too.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 10-01-2007).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2007 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More pics of the

REVITALIZATION OF CHOP TOP #14

Upon Arrival

As Curley pointed out the only bright spot in the last year has been Decah:

Off the trailer onto the lift:

Performing some cradle inspections...

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2007 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
me want pics, me want pics, I want......pieeeeks!
ccfiero350

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2007 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ccfiero350Send a Private Message to ccfiero350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a pair of aurora mirrors too but still have not decided on them or not. I was going to mount mine as for forward as I could. How do you like yours?

------------------
yellow 88 GT, not stock
white 88 notchie, 4 banger

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2007 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ccfiero350:

I have a pair of aurora mirrors too but still have not decided on them or not. I was going to mount mine as for forward as I could. How do you like yours?

Well I have only mounted the passenger side and I haven't actually driven the car with them so it's hard to say. I used the same mounting hole in the front and they are much larger than stock so they take up some additional room.

I think they look much better on the Fiero than they do on the Aurora. And they are a LOT less expensive than Ferrari mirrors.
PFF
System Bot
ccfiero350

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2007 02:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ccfiero350Send a Private Message to ccfiero350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They look especially tall on your car, or maybe its the roof looking especially low.

They do have a nice swoopy look about them. If I remember right the bolt spacing is about inch wider then the fiero.

Did the mirror come out level when mounted to the oringinal mirror mount pad in the door? Looked at mine an thought it was about the same angle.

Looks good so far!

------------------
yellow 88 GT, not stock
white 88 notchie, 4 banger

[This message has been edited by ccfiero350 (edited 10-18-2007).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2007 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ccfiero350:
If I remember right the bolt spacing is about inch wider then the fiero.

Did the mirror come out level when mounted to the oringinal mirror mount pad in the door? Looked at mine an thought it was about the same angle.

Looks good so far!

True the bolt spacing is wider, I had to drill a new hole for the rear bolt. The mounting angle is close but not exact. I reshaped the door mounting surface to match the mirror. Still the door skin has to be filled in because the opening won't match the mirror base.

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2007 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2007 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We finally started to take it apart late last week.

Because there's a whole bunch of hoses, fittings & wires running around the top of the engine & the engine compartment, I took a bunch of pics of the routing of wires & where they all plugged in. Hopefully that will make it easier to put back together.

Here is the engine as I started, it's a city.......

Everything that can be reached from the top is unplugged & disconnected. We're leaving the harness in the car when we remove the engine.

Jacked up & getting ready to remove engine assembly.

Removed the suspension.....

Lowering the engine assembly & rolling it out from under the car....

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 10-23-2007).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2007 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
Here we have the whole engine/trans/cradle assembly up on a work table so we can start taking it apart.

We took the engine/trans off of the cradle & took the trans off of the engine. Some quick measuring confirmed that we would have to modify the crossover pipe to clear the top of the shift linkage, so we cut it off......

We could have unbolted it but the connections for both ends of the crossover were quite rusty. We don't have spare parts laying around to use on the 4.9's, so we decided not to try to get the rusty nuts off. that's why we cut the crossover pipe off. We'll re-route it a little while leaving the rusty bolts & nuts alone.

Because we don't have the new flywheel for the 4.9 yet, we are just going to mock everything up. So here we have the transmission bolted to the engine without a Flywheel & clutch assembly in it yet.

Then we can get started on the mounts & fitting it all up to the engine cradle.

Archie
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2007 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow looks great...except for that rusty exhaust system. I started to say they looked good 3 years ago, but if you go back 12 pages the exhaust manifolds were rusty when they first came off the cadillac:

I'll have to work on that one of these days.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 10-24-2007).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2007 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As we've been working on the engine/transmission mounting to the engine cradle we've been working on the doors too.

The lambo doors were not aligned all that well & it was our assignment to get them aligned, strengthened where needed & to install some C6 door openers.

The left side door went pretty well. The front end of the door was only bolted onto the hinge with small bolts, so we made made new mounting plates that used all 4 of the bolts.

The Right side didn't go so well. The strut was bent down on the threaded end. We very gently straightened it but you may want to buy a spare....

We had the same proble with the front end of the door & the hinge, so we had to fix that too. This is what we found in that area.

But rob has it under control & it's all gonna be good.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 10-24-2007).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2007 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
I thought I'd show you what's up with the C6 door openers.

In this picture, the door opener is installed right behind the door skin & we've cut out an area for the finger popper.

However, glassing in a pocket into this hole is not going to be easy. The Rocker panel & the rear clip are glassed together so we can't take them off to fabricate a pocket & glass it in. So we had to figure out a way to make a pocket & glass it in from the outside only. So after looking around the shop for a while, we found a way.

These pics should explain where we are headed to make this happen.

Old Chevy valve covers come in handy even on a 4.9 car.

We'll show you more of this as we go.

Archie
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2007 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

But rob has it under control & it's all gonna be good.

Archie

It's looking real good, that's why I brought it to the experts, after it was donked up by some incompetent...

I knew you would find a way to get an SBC part on there somewhere.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2007 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie
PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2007 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great Job Archie, that looks exactly like I imagined it.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 10-25-2007).]

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 257
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2007 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Archie

Now, that is just cool! Good job!

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2007 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2007 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

You're 6-hours are nearly up. Any pics?
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2007 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:
You're 6-hours are nearly up. Any pics?

I assume you are challenging Archie to post more pics??
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2007 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If he was, I wish it worked.
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2007 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
whoa what did I miss??? What happened to going to loyde? ( no offence Archie)

Is Archie just "cleaning" things up??
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2007 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

whoa what did I miss??? What happened to going to loyde? ( no offence Archie)

Is Archie just "cleaning" things up??

You have to pay closer attention ...

I did drop off a car at Loyde's but it was one that I sold...the chop top T-TOP

Archie is cleaning things up, along with a new 6 speed and Mark the paint guy is going to paint it.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 10-31-2007).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2007 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 23 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock