Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  The Official History of JScott1's PROUD 1, or Meet Chop Top #14 (Page 13)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 23 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The Official History of JScott1's PROUD 1, or Meet Chop Top #14 by jscott1
Started on: 07-29-2004 11:12 PM
Replies: 911 (67389 views)
Last post by: jscott1 on 05-17-2020 12:44 AM
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2006 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jscott has a ton of projects going, but maybe one day in the future proud 1 will be sporting a set of these ?

Lambo doors would be like frosting on the cake !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 05-19-2006).]

IP: Logged
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2006 05:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2006 08:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, the car looks great.

I can't wait to see it in person.

Archie
vega

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-24-2006 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vegaSend a Private Message to vegaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
dude how did you get the side moldings so they were fush? what did you use for material- sorry have NO time to read like 13 pages.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2006 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Various types of body filler. I didn't do the actual work myself, so I can't go into a lot of detail.

But you have to make a few sacrifices, your body panels are not going to come off again without some cutting.

Also, since the panels are somewhat flexible, there is a high likelihood that you will get cracking or at least a crease where the panels join. That's why I have the line on the fascias instead of trying to make it perfectly smooth.

I think the Fiero looks much better without the trim.
vega

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-25-2006 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vegaSend a Private Message to vegaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
it looks best to me as well- i am planning on doing that myself- i can't wait to see what the freya looks like when chase (custom2m4) chops up the pics i posted in that thread of his.

its going to be a LOOONG proccess is what i think. also i think that the line idea is a good one i thik i will definitly do that. great tip bud

[This message has been edited by vega (edited 05-25-2006).]

Formula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2006 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
jscott, do you have any more pics of it when it was gloss black?

Thanks

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2006 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula:

jscott, do you have any more pics of it when it was gloss black?

Thanks

Formula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2006 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks

Your car is incredible (in blue and black)

Its my laptop's background now
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2006 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
did I miss something?
black then blue???

what gives?
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2006 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My original painter thought it would be a good idea to paint the whole car black first because it came to him multi-colored. Also the black would more readily show any imperfections in the body work prior to painting the final color.

It turns out that it wasn't such a good idea...it was a horrible idea actually. For some reason the black paint didn't cure properly or it's reacting with the blue paint and my car needs to be complely repainted.

It's in the shop now being stripped down and I'm going to start over. The silver lining is that I'm going to add a few more mods that I didn't do the first time.
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2006 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:
The silver lining is that I'm going to add a few more mods that I didn't do the first time.

Yes!

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-26-2006).]

GODFATHER

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2006 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:
Yes!

LMAO
Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2006 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The car was just a little confused being all one color and didn't know how to react
From: Between The ATL and Augusta in a land of deer and cows

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2006 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 007Send a Private Message to 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Damn!!! I'm way late. Congrats on the car. I know you are (were) happy to get it. Sorry you had to give it back already Hopefully it won't be too long before it is home again..........looking foward to seeing it. New rims eh? Hmmmmmm
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2006 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2006 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anything new to report?
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2006 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nothing yet... stay tuned
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2006 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

nothing yet... stay tuned

Okay, my beer is getin' cold.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2006 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmm...whats in the news???
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2006 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hmm...whats in the news???

Bump cause, "Good threads never die."

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2006 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where in the World is #014???

1fastcaddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2006 03:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1fastcaddySend a Private Message to 1fastcaddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, whats new?

------------------

1985 GT Fastback ;)
Low Original Miles at 39,006!!!

Otherwise stock for now ;)

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2006 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If only Roger Garrison had painted my car it would be done by now.

Thanks for the bump, but #14 is sitting in a shop collecting dust until it can be repainted.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 10-08-2006).]

mcaanda

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2006 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If only Roger Garrison had painted my car it would be done by now.
Thanks for the bump, but #14 is sitting in a shop collecting dust until it can be repainted.

Here's why it's not painted:

I'd be slightly frustrated too...

--Allen

------------------

** Rice; it's what's COOKIN **
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2006 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mcaanda:
Here's why it's not painted:

LOL thanks for the laugh...but that picture was taken in the first shop that painted it. In a way you are right. That cheap black undercoat is what ruined my paint job. It reacted with the paint and caused all sorts of problems.

It's sitting in the new shop now partially sanded.
GTFiero1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2006 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

man that looks nice. Trade ya my GT, Caprice and F150 for it. 3 for one, seems like a decent deal to me

------------------

Fiero- mild 2.9 160hp
Caprice- wild 383 500hp
--Adam-- ASE Certified Technician
IM AOL: FieroGT5speed

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2006 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any news to report from the paint shop? 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 of work done, pics, or what?
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2006 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Any news to report from the paint shop?

More like...or what?

At least he's working on it now. Says it will only take a couple of weeks to finish sanding it and shoot the paint...we'll see
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2006 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
...?
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2006 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

At least he's working on it now. Says it will only take a couple of weeks to finish sanding it and shoot the paint...we'll see

Nice drawings. How long did that take him?
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2006 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Picks, picks, picks???
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2006 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Picks, picks, picks???

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2006 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How bout' some new pics? We ain't getting any younger ya' know, hehe.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2006 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Going to check on it this weekend. Maybe there will be something new to photograph.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2006 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Going to check on it this weekend. Maybe there will be something new to photograph.

Well? Progress or did you have to beat him like he stole a PS3?
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2006 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wish I had a PS3 I could sell it and hire a timely painter. Next week, he tells me I will see some progress.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2006 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Next week, he tells me I will see some progress.

What's up?

kwagner

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2006 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to read about your current woes
Car looks great in blue, can't wait to see it unveiled again
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2006 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kwagner:

Sorry to read about your current woes
Car looks great in blue, can't wait to see it unveiled again

Thanks, he asked me if I wanted to change the color...heck no. First of all I like the Mazda Blue. Second, if he had to re-paint all the door jambs, and undersides of the hood, etc, it would take even longer. It's really just the parts that were exposed to the sun that had problems.

But I have a few new surprises for the next unveiling...

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 11-28-2006).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 23 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock