Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  The Official History of JScott1's PROUD 1, or Meet Chop Top #14 (Page 20)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 23 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The Official History of JScott1's PROUD 1, or Meet Chop Top #14 by jscott1
Started on: 07-29-2004 11:12 PM
Replies: 911 (67381 views)
Last post by: jscott1 on 05-17-2020 12:44 AM
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2008 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Jscott,

Was studying the stance. What is the suspension setup on your car ?

If so, how ?

The stance is bone stock 88 coupe suspension. The apparent sag is really an illusion caused by larger diameter tires in the rear and the ridiculously large wheel well gap on the front tires.

The solution in the front is lowering springs and or lowering ball joints combined with the low profile 19s. In the rear, adjustable coilovers and the 20s will take care of the rest of the stance.

EDIT - Ha Ha I own page 20!

See Below for the painted look....

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 05-19-2008).]

IP: Logged
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2008 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

WOW,

What a difference that makes ! Jscott you are getting pretty darned good with that photoshop !

The awkward stance was throwing me off, now that i see it like it should be it makes me want to go with my initial decision of going with a raised wing, and wing tips.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2008 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
WOW,

What a difference that makes ! Jscott you are getting pretty darned good with that photoshop !

I wish I could take credit, but doublec4 did this photoshop back on page 15. But that is the look with the stance I want.

Go with the 5 inch wing and extensions, you won't regret it.
Fiero Owner

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2008 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero OwnerSend a Private Message to Fiero OwnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Who does the wingtips?
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2008 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I made the wingtips myself...hand laid fiberglass 2 inches long.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2008 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Posted from Mile Marker 193 on I-40...

Looks what's following me home!!

DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2008 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hope you make it home without any problems. It's about time you get to enjoy the car.

------------------

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2008 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That means we will get to see it at the SA show next month--RIGHT?
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2008 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I made it home with no problems.

Ladies and Gentlemen.... I present to you #14B

Next to #20

The troublesome rear

My congratulations to Mark, Archie, And all the crew. The car has been out of circulation too, too long.

Now to get it ready for the road. I have some wiring to sort out and get it smogged before I can drive it. But that shouldn't take too long.

What really put a smile on my face was the F40....my gawd!! the 4.9 pulls like a locomotive connected to that box. I was grinning like a 9 year old at Disney World.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 05-18-2008).]

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2008 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Look great! I can't wait to see it in person.
Mechy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2008 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MechySend a Private Message to MechyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Sorry to get off topic, but what is the story behind the interior of that fiero in the front? I'm liking that.
PFF
System Bot
Mechy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2008 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MechySend a Private Message to MechyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mechy

95 posts
Member since Feb 2008
I think I just found my answer...from a Firebird.
CenTexIndy

Feedback score:    (32)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2008 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's the first Fiero to make my wife sit down and just stare at the computer screen for a while.....
BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats on finally getting it home.

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2008 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mechy:

I think I just found my answer...from a Firebird.

Yes, it's one of these...

Right now my chop top has no dash, but it's getting a Firebird dash eventually very similar...well the actual one pictured above.

Thanks CenTex...it's been too long.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2008 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Choptop-o-rama batman ! Nice pic, I know you got a pic of both cars from the rear?
Mechy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2008 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MechySend a Private Message to MechyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes, it's one of these...

Right now my chop top has no dash, but it's getting a Firebird dash eventually very similar...well the actual one pictured above.

Thanks CenTex...it's been too long.

Will that dash fit in with out much modification to the dash itself? I like the newer look it provides.
Keep up the good work!

[This message has been edited by Mechy (edited 05-18-2008).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2008 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mechy:
Will that dash fit in with out much modification to the dash itself? I like the newer look it provides.
Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the compliment!

Short answer is yes.

Longer answer is there is a multi-page thread devoted to installing the Firebird dash...

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/023174-25.html

I have one in my T-top and I sell a plug and play harness to make it easy to wire.

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2008 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

I know you got a pic of both cars from the rear?

Probably not quite what you wanted but I was too excited to take too many pics...

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2008 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't wait for you to slap those 19/20s on! Oh do please take a pic.
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2008 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks great Jon! Six years in the making!! What's next?

------------------

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2008 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Falcon Fiero:

It looks great Jon! Six years in the making!! What's next?

I could have built three cars instead of building this one three times.

I ended up selling my other chop top, and the t-top and Indy will stay more or less stock, so this is it for me. I can focus on making Proud-1 a little nicer a little bit at a time.

The interior is sitting in my living room.

Step 1 is to replace the seats. The second painter's dog ate my passenger seat. I'm putting in speaker seats

(don't worry they will be recovered)

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2008 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

congratulations J !

Like curly i can't wait to see those rims on !

Hope to see you at the 25th !
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2008 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has the idea of #014b inside your garage marinated long enough on your brain or are you dreaming? How many times did you wake up in the middle of the night walking out the the garage?
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2008 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Has the idea of #014b inside your garage marinated long enough on your brain or are you dreaming? How many times did you wake up in the middle of the night walking out the the garage?

I think the after effects of 2500 miles of driving in 3 days is still wearing off.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2008 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think the after effects of 2500 miles of driving in 3 days is still wearing off.

So the both of you guys drove straight through w/o a motel stop?
Yeah, I'd be tried too and would have taken Monday and maybe Tuesday off from work.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-21-2008).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2008 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Has the idea of #014b inside your garage marinated long enough on your brain or are you dreaming?

#014b - is still settling in at home. It's been away so long, it has to get re-acquainted to the surroundings.

Still trying to get the polishing compound out of the corners. That's the white powder you see in the pic. Too bad I have to put the front license plate on, it ruins the look.

I love the doors. That is the main difference between #014a and #014b.

Time to start fixing a few things to get street legal.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2008 01:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What do the neighbors think about #014b now? Comments?
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2008 02:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What do the neighbors think about #014b now?

I got some strange looks as I was shuffling the cars around to get the Indy out of the garage and 014b inside.

I'm loving that mini-starter that Archie put on...sounds like a small block starting up now. I'm still discovering all sorts of goodies.

Will-Martin

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2008 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I got some strange looks as I was shuffling the cars around to get the Indy out of the garage and 014b inside.

I'm loving that mini-starter that Archie put on...sounds like a small block starting up now. I'm still discovering all sorts of goodies.

DANG!!!!! Grats J, I think you have waited a long time to have that car lookin like that no? haha IT LOOKS FREAKIN AWESOME!

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2008 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Old versus the new color...

To the casual observer the color is the same. But I got the original color I wanted this time...the Blue used on the C5 Corvette.

One of my engine vents got cracked in the mishandling of my car, so Mark painted another one. Here is the comparison of the old versus the new

It's hard to see the difference, but up close the Mazda blue had a purplish tint. Not exactly what I wanted. The new blue is just pure blue.

Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2008 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's hard to see the difference, but up close the Mazda blue had a purplish tint. Not exactly what I wanted. The new blue is just pure blue.

Yep. That's a deeper, richer blue. Looks great!!! Enjoy, and keep those pics coming. I saw in another thread where you said it's home, so I found this on page 3! Yikes, ya miss things when you can't spend much time here.

------------------
Check out my web site:
Tallahassee Fiero News

------------------

PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2008 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

and keep those pics coming. I saw in another thread where you said it's home, so I found this on page 3! Yikes, ya miss things when you can't spend much time here.

Yeah, GFC will put you on page-3 in no time. I guess that's good that this forum is so active. So put a bookmark on this thread and check periodically.

Here is a little something to spruce up the appearance behind the new wheels...

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2008 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FERR@RI

AURORA

Fiero_Adam

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2008 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_AdamSend a Private Message to Fiero_AdamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Throw a couple of sand bags on the spare tire and put those wheels on so we can see how it's going to look!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2008 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FERR@RI

AURORA

Interestion comparision; good pic.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2008 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let there be light!!

The entire taillight wiring harness is grounded through a single wire at C500. I had a bad ground and had no taillights or brakelights....it's fixed now.

This also fixed a lot of other weird electrical problems.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2008 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bore very easily; please entertain me with DUB pictures and your whimsical dialog

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-14-2008).]

Doc John

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2008 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doc JohnSend a Private Message to Doc JohnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What really put a smile on my face was the F40....my gawd!! the 4.9 pulls like a locomotive connected to that box. I was grinning like a 9 year old at Disney World.

Gotta love that transmission. Feels a LOT like the 4 speed, doesn't it?

Now that you've driven the car for a while, what's your opinion of the gear ratios?
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2008 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On paper the F40 ratios don't look that great... Fortunately we don't drive paper.

My seat of the pants tells me that 6 forward gears are awesome!

1st gear doesn't feel and shorter than 1st in my Muncie or Getrag for that matter.

And on the highway, it doesn't lug at all. In fact just cruising at 60 mph you punch it and it just squats down, slams you into the seat, and goes. Before too long you are going 100. I seriously thought my tach and speedo got crossed somehow the speedometer needle was moving so fast.
Doc John

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2008 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doc JohnSend a Private Message to Doc JohnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
YEP! the 6 speed is a blast!

I drove my car earlier today - the F40 feels awfully close to the 4 speed, shift points seem to be at about the same speeds, except that now you get two more!

You are absolutely right regarding the lugging, or lack thereof - I've had mine down to 45 MPH in 6th, and no shuddering. If some one was REALLY disciplined, and drove exactly 60 MPH on the highway in an F40-equiped V8 Fiero, I am willing to bet that it would (depending on the engine, of course) return 30-35 MPG.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 23 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock