Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  The Official History of JScott1's PROUD 1, or Meet Chop Top #14 (Page 10)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 23 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The Official History of JScott1's PROUD 1, or Meet Chop Top #14 by jscott1
Started on: 07-29-2004 11:12 PM
Replies: 911 (67373 views)
Last post by: jscott1 on 05-17-2020 12:44 AM
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2005 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Zero 260:

Please post pictures if you can

Well after a couple of weeks at the body shop no progress to report yet...

IP: Logged
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2005 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Any ideas on the hold up Jscott ?

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2005 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well my body guy is making my car his personal project. I told him it was no hurry so he must be real busy with some insurance jobs. As long as it's ready for the spring season I will be happy.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2005 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jscott is your car lowered at all ??

achawkins

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2005 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for achawkinsClick Here to visit achawkins's HomePageSend a Private Message to achawkinsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
better pop that sunroof down with all that dust floating around.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2005 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Jscott is your car lowered at all ??

Negative...if it was lowered with a 4 inch gap at the front wheel I would be in trouble. I plan a two inch drop in the front, (1 inch drop springs and 1 inch lowering ball joints). I already have the parts, just need time to put them on. I also plan new wheels, but not until next year.

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2005 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tell them to close the SUNROOF to keep all of the dust out!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2005 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

10 pages jscott !!! Any updates ??

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2005 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well since I got a bump, I'll leak out some spy photos from the body shop. The goal is to get all the body lines straight and smooth.

Ps- I'm not too worried about dust as I am going to replace the entire interior when I get the car back. As for the windows, some small animal scratched the mess out of them, I'm hoping that tempered glass side windows are in the near future.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2005 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As a precaution I would remove the side sail panels. No need for them since the car is being painted, right? The Lexan sail panel might get scratched.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2005 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I warned them about those sail panels. I've seen them leave the paint shop with razor blade cuts and all sorts of problems because people treat them like glass, (which they obviously are not). Unfortunately this is the first Fiero they have seen so they are learning on this car.
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2005 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just curious if the body man has dried out from the storm and gotten back to work on this bad boy !

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2005 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My body guy is behind. I'm getting worried it won't make March 2006!

Here is a chop top fantasy rewind in the mean time

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2005 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
jscott,

I know this is kind of crazy for you to even contemplate at this time with all the projects you have going on, but down the line do you ever plan to consider lambo doors on this project?

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 11-05-2005).]

F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2005 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-OEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

My body guy is behind. I'm getting worried it won't make March 2006!

Here is a chop top fantasy rewind in the mean time

So when you drive that thing, do you have to drive it with the sunroof open? Makes me get a crick in my neck just thinking about it! The image looks great, I'm looking forward to seeing the work completed.

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2005 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F-I-E-R-O:

So when you drive that thing, do you have to drive it with the sunroof open? .

F-I-E-R-O: It all depends on whether or not you have longs legs or a long torso... I have long legs so I sit very short. I have about three inches above my head in the chop top. I'm considering raising the seat a little so I can have a better view. Thanks for the compliment.

ExoticSE: It's now or never for lambo doors on Proud-1, so although I should never say never, it's looking pretty unlikely for this car.

At least the sunroof is closed now:

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 11-05-2005).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2005 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just curious JScott1,

When you first got your chop top, was it sort of surreal or did it sink in right away ?

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2005 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just curious JScott1,

When you first got your chop top, was it sort of surreal

It was very surreal and still hasn't sunk it yet.

Especially since I wrecked this car in Feb of 2004, It was still being repaired as I took it to Archie's in July of 2004. I drove it exaclty twice as a 4 cylinder chop top, once onto the trailer in Chicago, and once off the trailer in London Ontario. It wasn't until September of 2004 after it got its 4.9 that it became street worthy and then I drove it all the way back to Houston. But now it's been at the body shop for several months so I haven't yet had a chance to really bond with it.

By the way after talking to Mr Mike I am going to raise the seat tracks about a half inch or so. Archie does a great job of lowering the seat but for me it was just a little too low. I still will have plenty of headroom, but Frank Martin's head may stick out the sunroof.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2005 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just curious JScott1,

When you first got your chop top, was it sort of surreal or did it sink in right away ?

Surreal? I Felt like that when I was rolling behind #14 and #16.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2005 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jscott any memorable experiences that u can add to the choptop chronicles ??

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/040418.html

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 12-18-2005).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2005 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No new memorable experiences to report. The car is probably still 6 weeks away from rolling out the paint shop. It's hard to have new experiences when you are not driving it.

Here is the latest project... I call it the Curley special. #15 has all carbon fiber, and #14 has black leather and the scraps of the fiber material from Curley's seats. If I get the time this week they will go on speaker seats that I've harveted from my field of dreams.

PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2005 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are some sneak previews of what else I have planned for #14

Haagster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2005 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HaagsterSend a Private Message to HaagsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very cool. I love watching these kinds of threads

------------------

Project Fiero GT 2M8 Update thread

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2006 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Like TLC once said " I ain't too proud to beg",.....for an update that is !

Jscott you have officially been Pimped,.... er uhhh make that bumped.

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2006 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Like TLC once said " I ain't too proud to beg",.....for an update that is !

Ready or not the paint goes on this week!!

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2006 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jscott,

Finally you will get to enjoy it ??

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2006 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well not yet...

Paint is step one, then I have to do the brakes, and wheels, then the interior. And the engine is in bad need of detailing too, so it won't be a show car for quite a while.

ToonTownfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2006 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToonTownfieroClick Here to visit ToonTownfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to ToonTownfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You sure are going to have a nice ride pretty quick here.
How was that fin modified to look like that?

------------------

1985 2M4
-A/F and Voltmeter gauges in A-Pillar gauge pod
-Jenzen Bass tube............................................-Mini scorpion wing
-MTX 250W RMS amplifier..................................-2003 Subaru WRX 16" rims
-Viper Security system

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2006 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ToonTownfiero:

You sure are going to have a nice ride pretty quick here.
How was that fin modified to look like that?

Thanks for the compliment.

The wingtip extensions were done by me using hand laid fiberglass. This was my first attempt at such a thing and they actually came out pretty good, if I say so myself.

Madcurl's #11 was the inspiration and I kept sanding and filling until mine looked similar. The PPE was Madcurl's inspiration, but they have a slightly different shape.

- Jonathan

From: Between The ATL and Augusta in a land of deer and cows

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2006 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 007Send a Private Message to 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Believe it or not #14 gets paint on it this week.

YES!!!!!!!!

GDS-1

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-01-2006 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GDS-1Send a Private Message to GDS-1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jscott I gotta ask...

What's the total cost thus far...?

PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2006 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GDS-1:

What's the total cost thus far...?

For the whole project?? (including stuff you haven't seen yet)

Well, this car was wrecked two years ago when it's life as a daily driver ended, and so nearly every body panel has been replaced...I honestly haven't thought about it before, I keep remembering stuff...but in round numbers...

basic car = $3K
chop $4K
4.9 $6K
paint/body work= $4K
Wheels/tires = $3K
Interior = $2K
Brakes/suspension = $1K
---------------------
That's one expensive coupe

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 03-02-2006).]

GDS-1

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-02-2006 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GDS-1Send a Private Message to GDS-1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow...time to get my grind on then...lol

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2006 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ready or not the paint goes on this week!!

Well, we didn't get paint this week, but the hood is finally done and everything is ready for final sanding and paint. Next week for sure.

ToonTownfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2006 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToonTownfieroClick Here to visit ToonTownfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to ToonTownfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't wait.
When it's done you can have it shipped to 135 Col..............

------------------

1985 2M4
-A/F and Voltmeter gauges in A-Pillar gauge pod
-Jenzen Bass tube............................................-Mini scorpion wing
-MTX 250W RMS amplifier..................................-2003 Subaru WRX 16" rims
-Viper Security system

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2006 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well it's black again... but still not the final color. My painter wanted to paint it black just for me to check it out before final sanding and color coat. It's getting there, slowly but surely...

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2006 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jscott1

21676 posts
Member since Dec 2001
What you won't see is the rear diffuser...

It needs more development before it's ready for prime time. Like Oslo I took it off until I can have time to make it look exactly the way I want it. Maybe next car.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2006 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Jscott. What's up with the side rt sail window? Is it cracked?
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2006 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

What's up with the side rt sail window? Is it cracked?

Naw, that's just a reflection. He never did remove them like I asked. That's one thing I wish I had done before taking it to the paint shop. Maybe Doug will donate a new pair to me in exchange for putting a sticker on my car.

Haagster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2006 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HaagsterSend a Private Message to HaagsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gotta give 'em a thumbs up for their work!!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 23 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock