Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  The Official History of JScott1's PROUD 1, or Meet Chop Top #14 (Page 14)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 23 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The Official History of JScott1's PROUD 1, or Meet Chop Top #14 by jscott1
Started on: 07-29-2004 11:12 PM
Replies: 911 (67381 views)
Last post by: jscott1 on 05-17-2020 12:44 AM
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2006 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

I have a few new surprises for the next unveiling...

Hehehehe you get'em J !!

P.S. Awesome i own page 14 !!!!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 11-28-2006).]

IP: Logged
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2006 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well. Did you go by the paint shop?
SAFASTRO

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2006 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SAFASTROClick Here to visit SAFASTRO's HomePageSend a Private Message to SAFASTROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Jscott1....any progress? Or is your painter still sleepin'? HeHe
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2006 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
too little progress to post any pics. Maybe next year will go better....any maybe I'll win lotto and get out of the Fiero business altogether.

GODFATHER

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2006 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

get out of the Fiero business altogether.

Say it aint so . If you win the lotto it just means you could have your own garage and crew working on you cars everyday and if your not happy you fire them. LOL

Joe
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2007 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just a bump to keep a cool thread alive.
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2007 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am starting to think that he has had a real bad wreck, totaled the car and is ashamed to show any "recent" pics for fear of being laughed at.

or maybe the car was built for a girlfriend and they broke up and she kept the car, and won't let him come see it.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2007 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

I am starting to think that the car was built for a girlfriend and they broke up and she kept the car, and won't let him come see it.

Hmm. I don't think so or not while he's holding a Sawall, hehe.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2007 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2007 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am starting to think that he has had a real bad wreck, totaled the car and is ashamed to show any "recent" pics for fear of being laughed at.

I'm starting to wonder myself....

I got an email from a title company in Arizona referencing this thread and asking if this was a lamborghini and did I sell it to their client??? Maybe I did sell it and I just don't remember.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2007 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm starting to wonder myself....

I got an email from a title company in Arizona referencing this thread and asking if this was a lamborghini and did I sell it to their client??? Maybe I did sell it and I just don't remember.

Say what ??????????????????????
PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2007 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Say what ??????????????????????

I don't know what to make of this...it doesn't sound like a scam...but maybe they are trying to launder titles. All I know is I'm not giving her any information. The title of the email was 1999 Lamborghini

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Scott,

My name is Theresa Smith and I am an underwriter for CBIC. Today I received a submission for a title bond for the above vehicle which a John Scott sold to my client. The car had no title therefore the state of AZ is requesting a bond on it. My questions are you the same John Scott that sold this vehicle on Ebay? The car came from OHIO did you live their at one time? Is the vehicle the same vehicle shown on Pennock’s Fiero Forum in 2004. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/044137.html

Since there is no title it is difficult for our company to figure out true ownership. There was a bill of sale but it wasn’t notarized. I just wanted to make sure you sold the vehicle and everything was ok with the transaction. Thank you in advance for your reply I do appreciate it.

Thank you

Theresa

CBIC-Assistant Branch Manager/Underwriter

2999 N 44th Street, Suite 450

Phoenix AZ 85018

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 01-12-2007).]

jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2007 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Talk about strange, I like to play with scammers.

[This message has been edited by jmbishop (edited 01-12-2007).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2007 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Actually the best response might be no response,.. that way they can play with themselves !
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

It's time to wake-up this thread. Hello...CTHC-2.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There had better be some progress on this car this week. I have given up on D7, Maybe the CTHC-2 will be the grand re-unveiling?

That will give me more time to replace the dog eaten seats.
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

WOW ! It's like the little guys are thinking like me!!!

Is it done yet?
Is it done yet?
Is it done yet?
Is it done yet?
Is it done yet?
Is it done yet?
Is it done yet?
Is it done yet?
Is it done yet?
Is it done yet?
Is it done yet?
Is it done yet?
Is it done yet?
Is it done yet?
Is it done yet?
Is it done yet?
Is it done yet?
Is it done yet?
Is it done yet?
Is it done yet?
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Is it done yet?...

Is it done yet?

I couldn't agree more. At this rate Proud-2, 3, and 4 will be completed before #1.
Fiero_Adam

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2007 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_AdamSend a Private Message to Fiero_AdamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You need to go in there with your sawsall and that evil grin.

One thing I hope you consider changing is the front fascia. The rest is nice and smooth, but the front fascia has the factory ground f/x, then the bolted on chin spoiler. Doesn't flow real well. It would look better smoothed into the factory ground f/x. Or you could go with the bolt on chin spoiler from FieroWarehouse that bolts over the factory ground f/x. That one looks pretty cool.

------------------

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2007 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jscott all the trouble and delays you have had with painters,..... i think it is a sign from above.

Hehehe sell the wheels, get wider ones, and you are all good !
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2007 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks, he asked me if I wanted to change the color...heck no. First of all I like the Mazda Blue. Second, if he had to re-paint all the door jambs, and undersides of the hood, etc, it would take even longer. It's really just the parts that were exposed to the sun that had problems.

On second thought I am going to change the color...
PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2007 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

or maybe the car was built for a girlfriend and they broke up and she kept the car, and won't let him come see it.

No the car is not totalled, or taken by an ex-girlfriend, just really slow sanding, but finally I have progress to report.

The entire body is being sanded back down to the base color, (black, red, maroon, white, whatever) and being re-primed. Hopefully this time it will last more than a week.

A little extra smoothing going on here compared to last time:

A new madcurl style decklid???

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2007 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A new madcurl style decklid???

Nah man, don't do it! We need you and your car at the next choptop reunion at Archie's. Time waits for nobody.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2007 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It should have been sprayed by now, but it's been raining, and you know you can't paint when it's raining.
rgeeinc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2007 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rgeeincSend a Private Message to rgeeincEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nah man, don't do it! We need you and your car at the next choptop reunion at Archie's. Time waits for nobody.

Ya,Ya,Ya, Choptop reunion, I won't hold my breath, like we saw you at D7. If jscott gets the car done, and makes it to the reunion, there is no grantee you will be there. See you at D8, ....not
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2007 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jon,

Is that a JL Extractor hood scoop? You got another one lying around?....
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2007 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rgeeinc:

Ya,Ya,Ya, Choptop reunion, I won't hold my breath, like we saw you at D7. If jscott gets the car done, and makes it to the reunion, there is no grantee you will be there. See you at D8, ....not

HEHE.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2007 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

Jon,

Is that a JL Extractor hood scoop? You got another one lying around?....

No, Actually it's an AusFiero Stage 2 hood scoop. I think I might have the only one he has sold... and I don't know if he is going to make any more.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2007 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Scott, are you ready to open-up a can of "Wipe-ass" on the guy who's painting your car....you know Mr.Paint-slacker?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-20-2007).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2007 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Scott, the guy who's painting your car....you know Mr.Paint-slacker whats the status?

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2007 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll check on it tomorrow, he's recovered from the attack of the junkyard dog enough to work on it.

PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2007 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Is it done yet?
Is it done yet?
Is it done yet?
Is it done yet?
Is it done yet?
Is it done yet?
Is it done yet?
Is it done yet?
Is it done yet?
Is it done yet?
Is it done yet?
Is it done yet?
Is it done yet?
Is it done yet?
Is it done yet?
Is it done yet?
Is it done yet?
Is it done yet?
Is it done yet?
Is it done yet?

Nope...

It's a bittersweet day in Chop Top Land.

I repossessed my car from Mr. Slacker paint guy, (well about 98% of it that I could find).

He's had it for over a year, and I got tired of waiting. In the process he has nearly trashed it, the interior parts have been eaten and pi$$ed on by the dogs.

It will take months and lots of bits from my parts bin and the Fiero Store to put it back together.

Yes ladies and gentlemen I PAID someone to do this to my car.

I'll have to marinate on my next move...

revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2007 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh man!!
I think I understand how you feel, Jon. Sorry to ear it!
But you got most of it?? Like what is missing?

Don't tell me They swaped that slow 4.9 for a 3800sc on ya?? THOSE BA$TARDS!!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2007 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's a bittersweet day in Chop Top Land.

I repossessed my car from Mr. Slacker paint guy, (well about 98% of it that I could find).

He's had it for over a year, and I got tired of waiting. In the process he has nearly trashed it, the interior parts have been eaten and pi$$ed on by the dogs.

It will take months and lots of bits from my parts bin and the Fiero Store to put it back together.

Yes ladies and gentlemen I PAID someone to do this to my car.

I'll have to marinate on my next move...

Sounds like I'd be calling my insurance man for a very nice fat pay check. Let the insurance go after him for damages and then haul the chopper to Archie's for a widebody/6-speed. Hand Archie a check, fly out and then you can let it, "marinate."

Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2007 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

... the interior parts have been eaten and pi$$ed on by the dogs.

Well if you need them I have a pretty good set of grey seats out of an '86 I am parting out, they are yours if you need them.
Leroy
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2007 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierotaz:

Well if you need them I have a pretty good set of grey seats out of an '86 I am parting out, they are yours if you need them.
Leroy

Thanks, for the generous offer.

Coolblue 87GT has already donated a set of seat skins to me free of charge, (including the shipping). The slacker offered to pay to have my seats recovered, but I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for that to happen.

It's going to be alright, I always tell my son not to cry when one of his toys gets broken. They are only inanimate objects, they can always be fixed.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2007 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jscott,

Sorry to see the horrific shape of your car, but glad at the same time that you finally got it back.

What a total loser that guy was.

At least you can now move forward.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2007 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's truely amazing that nobody got hurt. Jscott I must say, "You're a better man than me."
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for memories
Gendo3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gendo3Send a Private Message to Gendo3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
woah~ that sucks...Glad I can paint my own car when it's ready...
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 23 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock