Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  The Official History of JScott1's PROUD 1, or Meet Chop Top #14 (Page 22)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 23 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The Official History of JScott1's PROUD 1, or Meet Chop Top #14 by jscott1
Started on: 07-29-2004 11:12 PM
Replies: 911 (67381 views)
Last post by: jscott1 on 05-17-2020 12:44 AM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2009 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Spring bump!

My goodness. We can't let this thread go into the archives!
IP: Logged
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2009 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I wish I had an update for the new page, but at least I'll repost some better images than a spring

ghost187x

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2009 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i bet jscott gets all the ladies :P nice pix!
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2009 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
here's what I wish my garage looked like:

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2009 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice to see #014 getting some sun shine... before winter hits really hard!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2009 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2009 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I figured enough pictures of wooden crates have been posted, but this will be my winter project.

skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2009 02:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just sat here and read the whole bloody thing... Amazing.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2009 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

I figured enough pictures of wooden crates have been posted, but this will be my winter project.

Cool. What are you going to do with the other glass windows... sell them?
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2009 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Cool. What are you going to do with the other glass windows... sell them?

Naw, since it's unlikely for Archie to ever have any spares made I'll keep my other windows as emergency spares.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2010 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2010 bump!

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-06-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2010 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I seem to only have enough brain energy and money to work on one Fiero at a time. I've been trying to resurrect Proud-2 for the past couple of months and that job is not complete yet.

Not really an update, but since you gave me a bump, I'll repost the Ruckus Pics

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2010 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So you've been holding out on us, hehe. Nice pics. You going to D10?
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2010 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It would be nice to go to D10, but it's probably not in the cards for this year.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2010 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jscott nice pics !

Is there anything left you want to accomplish on #14 ?
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2010 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to see you got the crate safe and sound. We will have to go to Houston in April, if you want me to help you get the windows in let me know.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2010 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Jscott nice pics !

Is there anything left you want to accomplish on #14 ?

Thanks... the body is substantially complete but I have a million little jobs to complete along with completing the interior and detailing everything. I don't know if it will ever be a show car as I don't really enjoy the detailing part too much. And as Mike indicates I still need to put the side glass in.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2010 03:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Now that it is painted and rimmed up, what kind of reaction and comments are you getting when you take it out ?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2010 02:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Spring forward bump. Anthing new Jscott?

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2010 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dusted the car off and took it out for a spin for 4.9 day (4/9) 2010.

Drove past a playground and all the kids stopped playing and started pumping their fists in the air and shouting at the car. I guess they liked it.

The lighting on these shots was really funky so if I ever want to imagine I have a purple car I can just look at these pictures.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 04-10-2010).]

randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2010 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The lighting on these shots was really funky so if I ever want to imagine I have a purple car I can just look at these pictures.

Looks blue to me
PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2010 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

Looks blue to me

Yeah,because it is blue.

I reposted lighter versions of the original uncompressed images

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2010 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With a car like that ya need a siggy around here

fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2010 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought you had repainted it. I think it would look good that Lexus black sapphire that I had on that GT I had at round-up last year.

------------------
Life is just SO much better when you own AND drive a Fiero!

randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2010 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah,because it is blue.

Here's a lighter version of the original uncompressed image

I know that a lot of professional automotive photographers love that early evening light for shots, when the sun is lower and they get more color "richness ' and better reflections off the subject, but that evening light is also tricky and brief. You obviously know how to manipulate your digital images, so having the original files, it looks like you can work them a bit to get close to what you want.
Your car looks fantastic!
(I shoulda chopped my top..I shoulda chopped my top...I shoulda chopped my top......wanders off mumbling to himself.....)

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 04-10-2010).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2010 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

...that evening light is also tricky and brief. You obviously know how to manipulate your digital images, so having the original files, it looks like you can work them a bit to get close to what you want..

Yeah I should have lightened them before posting but I was too lazy. I was quickly snapping pics before I lost all the light altogether. Thanks for the compliments Randye

I don't think I will be repainting this car any time soon... if you review the last 10 pages or so of this thread you will know why.

Thanks for the sig Danyel. I generally don't use a sig because most people here know me...but it probably wouldn't hurt to use one occasionally.

Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2010 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bumps are great, it gives people who have only recently been paying attention a chance to check out some really amazing Fieros.

That's one helluva nice weapon you've got there Jscott, the trials and tribulations have ultimately resulted in the building of one seriously mean machine. And made me want vertical hinges!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2010 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Jonathan. You got mail.
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2010 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I kind of like how the rims look without the center caps.

------------------

Red: TPI V8 + 6-Speed Yellow: Nitrous 3.4 + 5 speed
304rwHP/366rwTQ

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2010 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alex4mula:
I kind of like how the rims look without the center caps.

Yeah I lost two of them and I just gave up on buying replacements. Eventually I intend to find smaller caps for just the hubs. For now I think they look alright like that too.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Jonathan, have you installed Archie/Booth choptop glass yet?
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2010 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
JScott, I just finished installing NSX scoops in my hood. Is that what you used? I barely squeezed mine in in such a manner that I didn't have to modify the front compartment and weather stripping. Did you have to modify yours? I like how yours looks on the inside better than what I came up with. Was filler used to make the scoops "blend in"? Thanks!
10speeder

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-06-2010 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 10speederSend a Private Message to 10speederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mr Scott,
very nice write of your car. very inspiring!
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carnut122:

JScott, I just finished installing NSX scoops in my hood. Is that what you used? I barely squeezed mine in in such a manner that I didn't have to modify the front compartment and weather stripping. Did you have to modify yours? I like how yours looks on the inside better than what I came up with. Was filler used to make the scoops "blend in"? Thanks!

No, those are Aus Fiero stage II Scoops imported from Australia. I blended them in myself with fiberglass and mat and then smoothed over with filler. I don't know of another completed example of those scoops so they may be the only ones in the world.

My front compartment weather strip is unaffected by the vent.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jscott1

21676 posts
Member since Dec 2001

Originally posted by 10speeder:

Mr Scott,
very nice write of your car. very inspiring!

Thanks!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2010 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Any future tweaks on the horizon ??
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2010 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Fiero projects are going on hiatus for 6 months....
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2010 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The Fiero projects are going on hiatus for 6 months....

What! You getting married or something?

Spring backward bump!
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2010 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not married, but my job has me very busy for the next six months. By the time the last shuttle flies the Fieros will come out of storage.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 23 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock