Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  Whodeanie's custom shop is open (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 49 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Whodeanie's custom shop is open by whodeanie
Started on: 05-01-2009 10:55 AM
Replies: 1937 (109275 views)
Last post by: Gambit on 10-04-2013 07:17 AM
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2009 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Nice find on the wheels Dean !

How much are the hood vents ?

150 + shipping for the hood vent.

for the price I paid I could not pass the wheels up

also an update............ today I just got the clutch master cyl. for Nathan's car so now I can finish that one

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 09-24-2009).]

IP: Logged
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2009 06:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This weekend I was able to get Nathan's car back to him.
headers and clutch master and slave all new and installed.
I will not be working on anything for the next week or so because I have to go out of town to work on a job.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2009 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been very bussy this week out of town so I did not get anything done on the cars to post. I was able to work a little on the car on sunday but saturday was the best day for me.
one of my friends called me and asked if I wanted to go to some car shows with him and I said yes of corse.
so he tells me to come over in the morning so I can drive one of his cars to the shows. I get there and he tells me that I will be driving the 2010 Lambo LP560 spider
now let me tell you, I love this car
the best part was when people would come up and ask me how fast I have had it, I would smile and say 55
any way I just had to share.
here are some pics from the shows.
D.

ok here is a sneek peek at what I am up to with the new 88

yes they are 355 rockers and JimmyS side scoops and tapered door sides

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 10-05-2009).]

exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2009 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Loving the new mods Dean !

Jealous as he** about the Lambo !
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2009 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dean you have a PM.

BTW that Lambo is just sick!

Joe
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2009 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was finaly able to be in town long enough to work on the car for a little bit. yesterday I got the hood vent installed as well as test fit one of the new wheels on the front of the car to make sure they would work. I love the way the new wheels fit on the car the back spaceing they have makes them sit in farther than the wheels I had on the car so it does not look so bad from the front.
I also got started on building the new 355 rear bumper for the car as well. this part will take a lot of work to get it done. all the body mods should flow well together once I am done. the last part will be one of Rob's 355 noses. I will also be repainting the car a new color, ( I am not a big fan of red! ) I am thinking of a Titanium color for the car so it will show the body lines well and have a bit of class to it.
after all it is going to be my DD so it will not be over the top like the other one.
if I have time tomarrow I will try to get some pic's posted.
D.

the new job is making it harder to get things done as fast as I was before.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2009 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

any pics ?
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2009 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

any pics ?

not yet, Tony but I will be working on it this weekend so I will try to post some pics monday.
D.
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2009 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
whodeanie,
Cab we see pic's of the Lambo interior and motor?

Thank you,
Kevin

[This message has been edited by kevin (edited 10-23-2009).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2009 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kevin:

whodeanie,
Cab we see pic's of the Lambo interior and motor?

Thank you,
Kevin

I did not get any that day but the next time I go over his house I will try to get pics of them.
with the convertable top you can not see much of the motor because the top has a tub that it lays in that covers the motor.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I finaly am getting around to posting pics. I am planning to work on the cars this weekend as well so more to come.
D.

I was able to get the vent in the hood and on the car

the next photos are of the new wheels they sit in farther than the 87 wheels I had on the car.
I like the way they fit.

the new one!

the old one

and the rear in progress, still has a long way to go.
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good stuff !

The new wheels look hot ! The car is going to really pop when it all comes together. And to think this will just be your daily driver ! Most guys would be happy with this one !

Got the new nose yet ?

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 11-13-2009).]

carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know JimmyS did these a little different from Aus to make it flow better with the stock nose... they aren't as narrow in the front, can you pull back a little so I can see how they look with the rest of the car?

ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not to nitpick, but would it be possible to relocate the lower rocker scoop back beneath the larger one? I think that would improve the visual flow of the car.

[This message has been edited by ClayTonto (edited 11-13-2009).]

Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are the wheels TSW?
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2009 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, guys!
the wheels are Sao Palo wheels I bought off Craigs List they where on a WRX but not the stock ones.
I will see about getting a new pic of the side of the car soon.

also, I thought about moving the lower vent back but I kind of like the way it flows into the bottom of the door, and it would be a lot of work to do it.

I sent Amida a deposit for the nose this week so it will be a while before I get it. I hope to have the rest of the car done by then except for paint.
the wheels I am going to strip down and custom paint them to match the new body color on the rim with black spokes.
D.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
here is an update on my DD and others.
first off my DD I am still working on the rear bumper fitting it to the car.
I ordered one of Amida's front 355 noses allong with a few other parts I will post once I get them in a few weeks.
here are the pics Rob just sent me.

just one of them is mine. Nice job Rob!

as far as the other stuff going on. I have been collecting parts for Ben's 355 kit car motor swap 4.9 that we will be doing soon.
I talked to Clayton the other day and I will be starting the Lambo project soon as well.
D.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2009 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was finaly able to get back to work on the DD this weekend. I went back to work on the rear bumper, fitting the 355 rear has been way more work than I thought it would be and I still have a long way to go. for starters I hd to cut the ends off and section about 4" off the sides to get them to fit the car as wel as cut the exhaust locations to re locate them farther out the trunk was in the way of where they where.
last night I was able to glass the bumper back into one part and today I will be fitting and trimming to get it the way I want it.
I will get some pics today and post them monday.
D.
IVANNATINKLE

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2009 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

if anyone made those rockers id be all over them like fat kids on cake
also cars looking very nice cant wait to see the outcome

[This message has been edited by IVANNATINKLE (edited 11-29-2009).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2009 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
here are some pics of the rear bumper progress for the DD.
I still have more sanding and fitting to go but it is getting closer.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2009 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was able to work on the DD this weekend for a little while. first off I was able to get all the glass work done on the rear bumper and take it to my friend that does bodywork and paint to
do the finish work on it. I have also started on the wheels, I am taking them to the tire shop today to have the old rubber taken off. then I am going to repaint them. the way I want them done will take
a lot of time to do most of it will be in the tapeing and masking area. I will keep you posted on them.
I have decided to repaint the whole car a Titainium color from a 97 lotus. this will make the body lines stand out. the wheels will be done in part using the same color as the body.
I was also able to do some more work on the drivers side of the car as well, finishing the shape of the rocker,lower door sills and the side scoop.
the 355 nose for the car is being built by Amida and that will for the most part finish off the car as far as the body work.

Ben picked up an 86 GT that needs a little help to become road worthy. so I will have to get on that one soon.
PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2009 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was able to work on the DD this weekend. for the most part just a lot of fitting, trimming and sanding. I was able to get the drivers side of the car all fitted now I will have to take it all back off
so I can do some final glass and body work then it is on to the other side of the car. amoung other things I did one was to fill the holes in the rear deck where the wing was.
Will, this one is for you after talking to you about it in the past I decided to make the wing we talked about, it still has a long way to go but I will keep you posted.
here are the pic's
D.

a new horn for the car

waiting for the rear bumper to come back.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2009 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like.

Great job dean !

What is the rear bumper originally from ?

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 12-14-2009).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2009 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I like.

Great job dean !

What is the rear bumper originally from ?

It was the old bumper off Ben's 355 kit car. I saved it and hacked it up to fit it to the DD.
the same as the rockers I don't throw things away and I knew I could do something with them

I still have a set of C6 corvette front fenders that I have not figured out what to with

the wheels I picked up, I was able to get the tires off this weekend to have them painted and found that 2 of the wheels had bent inside lips
so off to the wheel repair place I went today. they will have them fixed by thursday for 115.00 (not bad) I still will only have 400 bucks in them.
D.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2009 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

what are your plans for the headlights and interior ?

stock or something else ?
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2009 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

what are your plans for the headlights and interior ?

stock or something else ?

for the interior for now I will just leave it stock, just clean it up a bit.
as far as the head lights I might do the F1F setup on it.
but as always I never know till I do it
D.

infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2009 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Schweeeeet! Dean-o that is exactly what I was talkin' about I get home tomorrow night and will be home for over 3 weeks WooHoo! Keep me posted

Will
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2009 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

Schweeeeet! Dean-o that is exactly what I was talkin' about I get home tomorrow night and will be home for over 3 weeks WooHoo! Keep me posted

Will

Will, I knew you would like that. I still have to re work the ends to fit them to the car and make it a bolt on part.
one cool thing I did that you can't see in the pic's is the shape of the underside of the wing has a down turn lip at the back to force air down at the motor.
I will keep you posted on the progress. once I get it done I will see about getting a mold off it.
Dean
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2009 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
a small update, I got the wheels back from getting fixed yesterday and last night I droped them off at the painters to be finished.
he said he was going to try to get them back to me before X-mas the rear bumper is still being worked on the progress on it is a little slow because of other cars he has to get done.
my part is worked on as he can get to it, but he is working on it the weather here is no help eather, it is hard to do body work and fiberglass when it is cold.
I am glad I have a heated garage

I did get a set of tires ordered yesterday for the car and I will be picking them up today. not a bad deal eather 4 new 225-40-18 tires for 300.

infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2009 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alright Dean, you know I am going to ask this so I might as well get it out of the way....

Can you take pix of how you mounted and wired your air horn? (I have the same one you pointed me to) No, I STILL haven't installed mine. I haven't found a suitable hot for the relay as my battery is in it's original location and I don't want to pull a positive from the trunk.

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 12-18-2009).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2009 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

Alright Dean, you know I am going to ask this so I might as well get it out of the way....

Can you take pix of how you mounted and wired your air horn? (I have the same one you pointed me to) No, I STILL haven't installed mine. I haven't found a suitable hot for the relay as my battery is in it's original location and I don't want to pull a positive from the trunk.

No problem Will. when I install this one I will send you some pic's of how it is wired
D.
PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2009 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was able to work on the car a little last night and I got the drivers side rocker and side scoop fitted. one thing I decided to do was to glass the rocker and the side scoop together for a few reasons.
one was that it was easier than trying to mount them by them selves. and this way it will stay where I want it. it will be like the one piece ones that Archie sells. but I did leave the lines in them so they will not look like one part.
over the holliday I will be working on it a bit more and will post some more pics once I get back to work.
have a great X-mas to all
D.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2009 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Moving right along !

This one should definatly be ready for the show !
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2009 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Moving right along !

This one should definatly be ready for the show !

That is the plan anyway
my rear bumper should be done next week. and I stoped by to see the wheels and they have the first part of the paint job on them now.
the painter will be masking them off today to spray the next part then they will get 3 coats of hard clear.
I can not wait to see them done they should look great
I will get pics once they are.
D.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2009 02:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

any new wheel or bumper pics ?

How is the rear roof spoiler going ?
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2009 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

any new wheel or bumper pics ?

How is the rear roof spoiler going ?

not yet the body shop is closed this week so no work on the rear bumper till next week and as far as the wheels I am not sure. I have to call him today and see what is up with them.
I did manage to get a little work done on the car yesterday. I finished up the drivers side rocker and quarter. now they will go to the body shop as well next week. I pulled the door skin off to finish the bottom molding as well as glass in the rear view mirror hole. I am going to use different mirrors on the car, not sure what ones yet I will have to find ones I like. I started on the tail light panel last night.
it will be a one off part, I will keep you posted once I get farther along with it. this week I will be starting the right side of the car on the rocker as well as the front fender I will be getting rid of the antena hole.
D.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2009 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
not much to see yet but yesterday I went to the junk yard close to home that I never knew about and found a few things that will work great for my cars.
I will be going to pick them up today.
what I found for the DD was a set of power mirrors that fold back from A Toyota Cellica. I glassed over the stock hole in the door and I will be mounting them up in the A piller part of the door.
I will have to make a plate to mount them to that will be welded to the door but it will update the look of the whole car. Once I pick them up today I will get some pic's.
here are a few pic's from this weekend, as I said not much to see at the moment.
D.

I almost forgot I whent to see how the wheels where going and they have been painted now they just need to be clear coated

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 12-29-2009).]

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2009 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dean, will the mirrors clear the raised window when the door is opened? I've looked at several stationary mirrors from GM cars that looked like they would fit onto that filler space, but when placed there, the door glass strikes the mirror.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2009 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Dean, will the mirrors clear the raised window when the door is opened? I've looked at several stationary mirrors from GM cars that looked like they would fit onto that filler space, but when placed there, the door glass strikes the mirror.

I am making a mount that will be part of the door not the A piller so they will never hit the glass. I think if any mirror was stationary to the A piller it would hit the glass.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2009 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you know that test where you try to stick a square beg in a round hole? I aced it!
so, I when to the junk yard and got the parts I wanted, whent home to see how close I was on my guess that the mirrors would be close to the size and shape I wanted.
I was dead on! this is going to work out great!
here are the pic's of the mirrors I picked up for the DD.
D.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 49 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock