Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  Whodeanie's custom shop is open (Page 36)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 49 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Whodeanie's custom shop is open by whodeanie
Started on: 05-01-2009 10:55 AM
Replies: 1937 (109275 views)
Last post by: Gambit on 10-04-2013 07:17 AM
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2012 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Justinbart:

Builder Error.

How so. I have not read the thread but what I got is "The car is in my garage, we know the fuel pump is shot at 22psi but we are running it anyways with 20:1 AFR". Now if the car left deans shop with the wide band reading that afr I would have not accepted delivery until it was corrected. Im not trying to ruffle any feathers I just noted the lean conditions and the damage afterwords. I dont know who tuned the car, if dean test drove the car running it super lean or what. I will read this thread in its entirety at work tonight.
IP: Logged
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2012 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

I would have not accepted delivery until it was corrected.

You'll soon find that he demanded the car back uncorrected. He didn't trust giving Dean more time to complete the car since his initial quote of 6 weeks had turned into 6 months.
Ang84Indy

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2012 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ang84IndySend a Private Message to Ang84IndyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, the engine has been torn down, and the problem is verified to be with the rings/bores?
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2012 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And I quote Dean verbatim:

9/6/12 5:03pm
"WTF! I did not say it would not have a tune in it. I said it would be a basic one to run the car without any issues".

9/8/12 9:34pm
"She runs OK, still Babying her trying to get the tune right".

/End quote

So, its not a problem on my part. It was noted the car smoked the day he delivered it. When I found the way the oil return line was routed, that was the prime suspect. While the scavenging pump helped a lot, it only solved the turbo drain problem, not the internal engine problem.

Now come on... you guys cant possibly ignore what is right in front of you.

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 10-15-2012).]

Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2012 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
my 1986 with the stock 2.8 with 184,000 miles on it doesn't smoke like that.
Justinbart

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2012 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just put a $300 junkyard long block in there and be done with it.

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 F23 5spd spec5
11.54@132.7

Pappy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PappySend a Private Message to PappyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't have a screaming sheep in this song

But BV what was your reasoning for the "Dean screwed over an disabled 11yr US Army COMBAT vet" statement?
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post10-16-2012 02:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am wondering, out of respect for the forum, this can be continued here...? https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/088664.html

Just trying to be a moderator. My best to all.

Tony

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 10-16-2012).]

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 07:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

I am wondering, out of respect for the forum, this can be continued here...? https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/088664.html

Just trying to be a moderator. My best to all.

Tony

How about out of respect to the FORUM MEMBERS Dean steps in and does the right thing. Or even better, the members actually do the right thing. My concerns are from a deal with Dean and pertain 100% to THIS thread. C'mon now!

You all keep saying Dean is "the man", or Dean is a "stand up guy", well lets see what he does about his engine. I'm betting not a damn thing... you remember my engine warranty was voided (by the builder) over some vaporware video of alleged car abuse. When I posted the actual video of the delivery, the builder sulked away.

You guys are conditioning Dean's reaction. Just so you know. Think Pavlov's dogs (conditioned response).

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 10-16-2012).]

FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
<reserved>

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 10-16-2012).]

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My advice to Dean...Don't say a word.
PFF
System Bot
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On the phone with David

FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
<reserved>

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 10-16-2012).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-16-2012 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Before I read another reply BV, DON"T FRICKIN'N YELL AT ME! I DO NOT DO WELL WHEN I AM ANGRY! Do not bark at this dog. He bites back.

Tony

Actually, screw you!

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 10-16-2012).]

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL Me and David are on the phone...
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

4821 posts
Member since May 2001

Before I read another reply BV, DON"T FRICKIN'N YELL AT ME! I DO NOT DO WELL WHEN I AM ANGRY! Do not bark at this dog. He bites back.

Tony

Where am I "YELLING AT YOU"?
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

4821 posts
Member since May 2001
We are talking on the phone

deezil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for deezilSend a Private Message to deezilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tony

Actually, screw you!

Oh my!

What did you read that I did not?

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by deezil:

Oh my!

What did you read that I did not?

x2!
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-16-2012 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BV... Just listen to your lawyer. 'Nuff said.

Tony
mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trying to stay out of your business guys.

I don't know Dean OR BV well enough to know which side is closer to the truth. This is all just stuff on the internet to me right now. That said, I am concerned for everyone involved. I don't want what BV says to be true. I don't want another Fiero related shop to have issues. I also don't want BV to have to go through the same kind of stuff that I went through with other shops. For these two reasons BV I do hope things aren't as bad as you've been saying. I fear they probably are in at least some ways, I just don't know how much your perception plays into this.

FierociousGT, I take it from you asking for an update in your thread you didn't get your car back yet? You and the other customers should have a very honest discussion with Dean. He may not be creating this on purpose, but his lack of communication is creating quite a bit of it. I think you need to say to him what you've said to others in pm's.

I'm still hoping this all works out. BV stop making public issues. Make ALL correspondences through your attorney. If the engine is shot, then have your attorney contact Dean to ask for reimbursement for the repair costs. If it is his fault, and he refuses (I don't see why he would voluntarily cover them now after the fallout), then your only recourse is to sue him. This will likely have to be in Georgia, and the judge will probably ask if you tried to work with Dean for a resolution. Again, I don't fall on a side here, I'm just saying what I think.

I know you're pissed, but you're making more stress for yourself this way. Please start moving past this before it affects your health.
PFF
System Bot
HIOSILVER!

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HIOSILVER!Send a Private Message to HIOSILVER!Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think also what should be addressed is keeping personal info also out of it.

PM's with phone numbers? Discussing new or old girlfriends of someone elses talking about how she behaves like a stripper? Come on clean it up even if just for those of us that are just watching and hoping for a good outcome of this mess and hoping to see everyone get back to whats important. Keeping these cars going.
My unsolicited .02 cents.
topcat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Me thinks that BV is so spun up over this issue that he can not keep silent - no matter what the consequences. When this episode of "Dean screwed me" first started I was on the fence, and saddened to see this happeneing to a Fiero owner. As time goes on and as BV continually make claims, I am getting the sense that he was a very hard person to work a project for and might have had unreasonable demands. Without hearing Dean's version, I can see how this unfolded in the way that it did and while I fault Dean as well, the majority falls to the owner - BV in my opinion. If the engine is shot, good luck proving that it is a result of Dean's shoddy work. You demanded the car be completed and when that date came, you (from what I've gleaned) demanded it be delivered or else. That sort of falls in to the completed or not category in my mind.

The only advise I have is to take a step back... regroup, and come up with how to recoup your costs... if that means a lawsuit, then go forward, but make sure the message is delivered correctly. Johnyrottins military interpetation analogy is spot on. Get your lawyer to do his job, and work it thru the courts. You will not win a popular vote on PFF, but if your case is solid, you could possibly win in courts. Take your emotions out of it, as emotions serves no purpose at this point.

BV... Just listen to your lawyer. 'Nuff said.

Tony

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have to say I am pleasantly surprised... that was a great phone conversation.

To PFF, I want to publicly apologize to David aka FierociousGT for my comments.

Deanswife

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeanswifeSend a Private Message to DeanswifeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

So you ran the car leaner than **** and cracked a skirt/burned a piston/cracked a ring or something along those lines.[/QUOT

[This message has been edited by Deanswife (edited 10-16-2012).]

GADJet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BV MotorSports:

I have to say I am pleasantly surprised... that was a great phone conversation.

To PFF, I want to publicly apologize to David aka FierociousGT for my comments.

Kudos
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Who needs soap operas when you have pff?

Keep it going guys, I've been thoroughly enjoying it

deadwood

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deadwoodSend a Private Message to deadwoodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nitroheadz28:

Who needs soap operas when you have pff?

Keep it going guys, I've been thoroughly enjoying it

Bidness is picking up again in this one-

------------------
'86 Fiero 2M6

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Deanswife:

Wouldnt be smiling to big on this one..This is builders error amd has nothing to do with the customer. Fuel pressure is one of the first things that should be checked when a swap fires up. On a high HP build there should always be a fuel pressure gauge installed to monitor fuel pressure. Along with the tune having the wrong injectors tuned in I see so many problems. This swap was doomed from the beginning when the builder gave a 3 month completion date to the customer. That told me right there the builder did not know what he was getting into..
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Smile now... there is Dean, his truck and the trailer. Notice the smoke in BOTH vids.... by the way, these are just snips from the ENTIRE time you guys were at my house.

Right off the trailer

http://youtu.be/g0Pah0zckx4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7vwMRa7CEM

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 10-17-2012).]

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

4821 posts
Member since May 2001

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

Wouldnt be smiling to big on this one..This is builders error amd has nothing to do with the customer. Fuel pressure is one of the first things that should be checked when a swap fires up. On a high HP build there should always be a fuel pressure gauge installed to monitor fuel pressure. Along with the tune having the wrong injectors tuned in I see so many problems. This swap was doomed from the beginning when the builder gave a 3 month completion date to the customer. That told me right there the builder did not know what he was getting into..

68# injectors installed... tuned for 45# (!!!!!)

6 WEEKS not 3 months but we all know that turned into 6 MONTHS.

PFF
System Bot
Vendetta

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the duck tail spoiler. I have the same one molded in on my car. Maybe saying something positive in this thread will catch on.

Austin

Originally posted by BV MotorSports:

And I quote Dean verbatim:

9/6/12 5:03pm
"WTF! I did not say it would not have a tune in it. I said it would be a basic one to run the car without any issues".

9/8/12 9:34pm
"She runs OK, still Babying her trying to get the tune right".

/End quote

So, its not a problem on my part. It was noted the car smoked the day he delivered it. When I found the way the oil return line was routed, that was the prime suspect. While the scavenging pump helped a lot, it only solved the turbo drain problem, not the internal engine problem.

Now come on... you guys cant possibly ignore what is right in front of you.

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

68# injectors installed... tuned for 45# (!!!!!)

6 WEEKS not 3 months but we all know that turned into 6 MONTHS.

I would be more than glad to take a look at the file and or write one for your car if you would like a 3rd party to look at things.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

I would be more than glad to take a look at the file and or write one for your car if you would like a 3rd party to look at things.

When I pick up my car I get a copy of the file for you. PM me your email addy. Charlie said tried to band-aid the tune by adding 25% to get the AFR down to 14.7-15 at idle.

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

4821 posts
Member since May 2001

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

So you ran the car leaner than **** and cracked a skirt/burned a piston/cracked a ring or something along those lines.[/QUOT

No more smiles, eh? Thats right... we know whats on the video, dont we? One way or another, PFF will know the truth. What, you thought I was bluffing?

Deanswife

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeanswifeSend a Private Message to DeanswifeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Smile now... there is Dean, his truck and the trailer. Notice the smoke in BOTH vids.... by the way, these are just snips from the ENTIRE time you guys were at my house.

Right off the trailer

YES YES , I do remember that day !!! I kept my mouth closed , and my eyes and ears open... You sir Have a Wonderful Evening....
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

YES YES , I do remember that day !!! I kept my mouth closed , and my eyes and ears open... You sir Have a Wonderful Evening....

Oh I am just getting started Steph. But I will admit my problem isnt with you, its with Dean. So have him come fight his own battle.

Edit.. BTW I said something about you earlier, something regrettable. I directed my anger at you and that was uncalled for. I deleted the comment, and I am sorry.

seafoodlover

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seafoodloverSend a Private Message to seafoodloverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hold on everyone...This thread should be cleaned out by the MODS. Where are the mods? This thread is about Whodeanies not a rambling thread for personal use. BV please keep your own problems on your personal thread. I see that you already started another topic in the forums so please stay OUT of this one. Mods please move all rambling over to the other thread that BV already started. We DO NOT NEED TWO THREADS ON THIS! ....PLEASE MODS FIX THIS FOR US. Thank you mods.....
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by seafoodlover:

Hold on everyone...This thread should be cleaned out by the MODS. Where are the mods? This thread is about Whodeanies not a rambling thread for personal use. BV please keep your own problems on your personal thread. I see that you already started another topic in the forums so please stay OUT of this one. Mods please move all rambling over to the other thread that BV already started. We DO NOT NEED TWO THREADS ON THIS! ....PLEASE MODS FIX THIS FOR US. Thank you mods.....

Oh I am sorry, I though this was a thread about Whodeanies... and seeing that I am a Whodeanie CUSTOMER (IIRC, unlike yourself) I have just as much right to post as any other Whodeanie customer. But thanks though.

Justinbart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 F23 5spd spec5
11.54@132.7

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 49 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock