Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Audi A8 My Fiero (Page 54)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 55 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Audi A8 My Fiero by engine man
Started on: 06-10-2012 12:09 PM
Replies: 2191 (103495 views)
Last post by: MarkS on 12-05-2023 09:49 AM
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2020 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes i took long needed vacation to get me back to feeling like even looking at it or any of my projects i have been following yours and it is coming along nicely
IP: Logged
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2020 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
Ok tonight without data logging i first tried to give it some more acceleration enrichment that was the wrong way as i did data log that and it just stumbled all over being to rich so i pulled that back out plus some more then i pulled some water meth out and it is better now i will data log and am sure i will need to pull some fuel out and maybe some more water / methanol . i do know one thing when i finally get this to where i can just slam it to the floor it is going to really be a hand full !
pmbrunelle

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2020 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Methanol is fuel, so when you're on the spray, you should cut back a bit on the gasoline to maintain the same lambda.

Is your dyno working now? On the dyno it would be a good way to measure the difference with/without the water/meth.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2020 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
no pmbrunelle that is another project that needs finishing but it would be helpful right now
Franked

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2020 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrankedSend a Private Message to FrankedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi, I just read through almost the whole 54 pages of this over the last few days. I am off work for a couple weeks because I may have the dreaded COVID.
I skipped a few pages here and there, but i saw you saying it was for sale a while back, but you still have it. I am glad you didn't sell it. I read Shem's whole build too, you guys are awesome, saying how you hate bodywork, but you kick ass, my body work would look like a lumpy potato.
Anyway, love your build, want to see dyno runs and drag strip time slips, don't get rid of that car!!!!
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2020 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Franked as i am not going to sell as i have to much into it and it seems people think they can buy it for next to nothing
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2020 07:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well it looks like the slipping belt is back so i will try one more thing by going back to a manual belt tensioner on 1 of the belts and if that does not work then i need to either go to a toothed belt or just pull the Supercharger and put a turbo on but i am pretty sure i will end up with the toothed belt as i do really want this to work .
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2020 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
Ok i just ordered this SBC drive kit for water pump and alternator it give me a crank pulley and i think the alternator pulley i will use on the blower as i think it is a 2 to 1 ratio so at 6500 the blower will be turning 13000 rpm but this will get me going to a non slip solution and it cost me $113 to start
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2020 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
one of these days i will get the Fiero engine tuned correctly as still can not go right to the floor but with what i can do it pulls hard i can't wait to see how it pulls when i can just jump on it as know it will be the fastest street car i have driven in both Quickness and top speed
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2020 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmm walked back ignition timing 4 degrees but no change it is still showing knock even though i can not hear anything i am starting to think i might be picking up noise from something else but on the plus side i have made more progress getting it tuned now i can floor it and it goes but it is still about 10.5 to 1 mixture so it need some more leaning out in places
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2020 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok i just did another run and put some timing back in since it seems me i am getting a false reading i am not sure but i think the supercharger is causing it but i am also getting the fuel much better it seems to pull hard in third gear and i am sure it would continue in forth but i am already going over the legal speed limit
PFF
System Bot
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2020 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Such. Cool swap. Thanks for rhe continued updates.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2020 06:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you Rickady88GT i hope it is informative to everyone as i learn things and have questions like right now i am trying to figure out my knock sensor setting on the megasquirt 3 as i want them working but i am getting false readings in fact i data logged some just sitting in the garage in neutral and if shows noise and the second you rev it it is showing knock i have turned the gain way down played with the frequency now am starting to play with the sample time to see if i can get this to work as i feel this would be a good thing to have working right
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2020 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
anyone with high powered 88 Fiero have any Problem with it giving you a squirmy rear end handling feeling under acceleration
dremu

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2020 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dremuSend a Private Message to dremuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by engine man:

anyone with high powered 88 Fiero have any Problem with it giving you a squirmy rear end handling feeling under acceleration

Heck, my STOCK one's like that. Thought it was par for the course for 30-year-old short wheelbase RWD cars

-- A
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2020 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i had a 85 with a 88 rear cradle in it and a 3.4 dohc and it was not like this and the car was not like this until added the supercharger and i had this combo without the supercharger in my 88 GT T Top and it did not act like this but this is scary the way it is moving around i am not sure if it is the links running forward or if the cradle is flexing but i am going to X brace the cradle i hope it solves the problem
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2020 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sounds like you need rod end lateral links if you don't have them already.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/120882.html
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2020 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok i can build those as my buddys speed shop is out front of my shop that i rent off him and he has 1/2 -5/8 rod ends along with radius rod as i built these for my motion simulator and i used the QA1 ends
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2020 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok today I took the car over to the shop and tightened all the lateral link bolt as tight as i could , then i X braced the bottom of the cradle but before i was done welding i ran out of welding gas so now i need some more welding gas so i can finish that up . when i drove it home but not pushing it hard it felt tighter in the backend but i really won't know until i really stand on it.

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 08-30-2020).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2020 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just ordered Heim joints and radius rods and 5/8 to 12mm spacer bushing paid $132 i should have it all next week
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2020 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well today i took it for a ride up over 100 and it seems to be fine now that i have cross braced the bottom and tightened all the lateral link bolts up good and tight but i will make sure with the solid links that i have on the way
PFF
System Bot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2020 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i bought some 5/8 rod ends and rods and some 5/8 to 12mm spacers , i only bought 8 of the spacer to do the inner mounting points but i will drill & tap the knuckle to 5/8 Ok
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2020 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just the other day i was looking at the car and see where i am going to need to do some repair as the fiberglass is cracked as i just did not make it thick enough but that is all right as i will repair all those things i feel that can be done better on the body but as far as the engine tune it is good now and the car runs fast and quick i want to do both a 1/4 mile and a top speed run i just have not had the time to go to the drag strip as it is about 100 miles away and i have had a bunch of things on my plate
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2020 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow today i did a experiment first i ran the car down the road and brought it up to 6500 in 2nd gear got 14 psi boost then i removed just the air filter and did the same thing and got 16.7 psi of boost a 2.7 pound gain i say it is time to find a better air filter or maybe dual filters as that from what i think is 50 to 70 hp it is costing me
pmbrunelle

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2020 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fixing that would give a lot of hp for the dollar!
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2020 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pmbrunelle yes i need to do something do a dual air cleaner so no restriction and like you said cheap HP per dollar
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2020 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I put a new Airaid air filter on today and went and tested and all is good now i am hitting 16.8 pounds of boost @ 6500 rpm and the car is getting really close on the tune i did a test from a dead stop and i know that in 1/10th of a mile it does about 90 mph

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 10-10-2020).]

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2020 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow today i did a experiment first i ran the car down the road and brought it up to 6500 in 2nd gear got 14 psi boost then i removed just the air filter and did the same thing and got 16.7 psi of boost a 2.7 pound gain i say it is time to find a better air filter or maybe dual filters as that from what i think is 50 to 70 hp it is costing me

WOW, crazy. I guess clean costs? Either in upfront restrictions or back door completely that takes up valuable space, time and resources.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2020 06:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes Rickady88GT it pays to get a better filter the correct size and i even wonder if i took my air intake off completely if it would pick up even more boost amd think about smoothing things out in the blower to get more flow and then going to larger pully to slow it down but but keep the same boost due to improved flow in the blower
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2020 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well the car is up or the rest of the year and I am in a happy place about the car as t is close on the tune and it needs some minor work on the body as I did not get the fiberglass thick enough in a few places and it cracked but not a real big deal so I could just take it out next year and drive it or I could repair it first
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2020 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well done sir, well done. Whatcha gonna work on in the meantime?

shem
PFF
System Bot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2020 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
shemdogg working on my house now every one wants out of the city and is moving to small town USA like where I am and housing is selling like it is on fire so gonna cash in on it and I will build a new one as I am capable and am going 30 X 40 2 story garage 1t floor living space 2nd floor
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2020 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice man, Im on that train too hopefully soon. Cant wait to get outta commiefornia and move to america lol

shem
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2021 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow it has been awhile but the house will be on the market Friday and I have been looking for a place in FL and looking for a project to do after I finish this car and i ran across A Manta Mirage that I will buy if there after selling the house . see picture below
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2021 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finished working on my house and it is on the market as of yesterday and i am looking at houses in FL so i hope to be back working on my project by late spring to early summer
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2021 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok we have the new project

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 03-11-2021).]

sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post03-12-2021 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WooHoo! Cool.
What's that other red car in the 3rd picture. Looks like it's straight out of a Rush song. Looks like a death machine. I want one!

[This message has been edited by sourmash (edited 03-12-2021).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2021 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not sure what the other kit car was in his shop but I can tell you it was SBC powered and around 2000 Lbs he also told me 50/50 weight balance

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 03-12-2021).]

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2021 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This will be a cool build! I am more partial to the Montage, but this one is super cool as well!
I think that other car is a Cheetah replica.
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post03-12-2021 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Similar to the Cheetah, but it's flatter in the quarters and a little (very little) longer in the tail. A little more like a Lucra(?). I can't find what it is. Similar to a Scaglietti. I've seen a real something with that tail before. 50s or 60s.

[This message has been edited by sourmash (edited 03-12-2021).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 55 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock