Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Audi A8 My Fiero (Page 52)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 55 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Audi A8 My Fiero by engine man
Started on: 06-10-2012 12:09 PM
Replies: 2191 (103366 views)
Last post by: MarkS on 12-05-2023 09:49 AM
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2019 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i get a kick out of looking through the construction zone you have builds that belong and some that don't seem worthy like a stock refreshing it seem you need to be politically correct and in the click i am neither and my punctuation sucks Lol
IP: Logged
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2019 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i have a idea for my side sail windows that is to form them out of lexan or acrylic as you could form them with a scoop then paint from the back side and leave clear what you want i just need to make some molds to do this and a homemade vacuum former
shemdogg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2019 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet car buddy! Looks like someone recommended this for the construction zone! U shoulda been here ages ago, well deserved!

shem
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2019 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow never thought it would happen but you must have taken it over the top thanks to you and all those before you . Now i have a ? I have been trying to do a burnout with the fiero and have as i can see where both tires are spinning but it just won't leave rubber marks nothing at all have any of you had tires that won't leave black marks and yes my buddy was standing there and the tires are spinning i just never have seen this
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2019 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes Ive had tires that are totally silent, Ive had tires that do everything. The falkens on the mustang break loose and make tons of noise but wont get me sideways, just slow down n roast. I had just put hei in a customers 57 belair and went for a test drive. He backed out, put in gear and pushed the gas like normal. Tires started spinning but just a zzzzzzzzztttt kinda noise, I thought it was awesome he was doing a burnout in front of his house. Noticed he was looking at me w a weird look on his face and I had to tell him to let up off the gas. Funny chit. Motor had way more power, hadta tell him to chill because the brakes still sucked.

shem
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2019 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i know i won't attempt taking the car and drag racing it or any time of racing as it has low grip i am embarrassed that my tires won't lay rubber or squeal or smoke when doing a burnout
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2019 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have decided to make a tail light panel as i can't buy a new set of tail lights like i have as they do not make them anymore and these are scratched and broken in the corner and letting dust and debris in
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2019 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Go buy 2 used tires for burnouts! Make a video! Thats be pretty bad arse if you made your own lenses. I need new ones too, found a guy thatll make lens covers for 100 each or buy the oem ferarri ones offa ebay. Going w the new ones for sure, would have to cut off the old lenses and glue the new ones on. everythings really worn on mine. Maybe make a change to different taillights?

shem
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2019 06:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi shem i am going yo use some round led tail lights that i have ordered and 2 led backup lights the plan is to use 1/2 thick Black Acrylic it needs to be 6 3/4 wide and 84 long and i will need to make 2 90 degree bends one at each end about 6 inches from the end
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2019 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You are finally in the construction zone. Congrats!
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2019 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks wftb i am glad to be here
PFF
System Bot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2019 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow my brain just keeps going around and around on what to do for the quarter windows one second i think make your own then buy some fiberglass ones with the scoops and mod them by cutting them i think that the fiberglass ones would be the cheapest and fastest
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2019 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i ordered some quarter windows with scoops from PISA yesterday i should have them next week then i need to modify them to fit
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2019 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
today i ordered up some different tail light due to the ones i have they don't make anymore and they are scratched and have some lense breakage on the corners and letting dust and dirt in and i can't clean it out .
these cost $67 not sure i am going to like them but for that price i had to order them and see
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2019 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those look good, youll be able to make them work. They do look "newer" than the style of the body tho. They would look good smoked too.Maybe you could mod some 80s camaro or mustang gt taillights? Theyre kinda L shaped. Ive tried finding different lenses for mine w no luck. Maybe you could mod some 80s camaro or mustang gt taillights? Theyre kinda L shaped. Closest thing to mine are schoolbus or trailer taillights lol, not much in 5-6" diameter

shem
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2019 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the tail lights that are on the car are 79-93 fox body mustang euro aftermarket but i can't get them any more i wish they did but we will see how those look as i am up in the air over them
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2019 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
88-91 honda civics had L shaped lights too, still some euro ones around

shem
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2019 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
those in the picture are for 88-91 honda civic but i am not sure i like the style and really won't know until i try them but as soon as i get them i will put them on and take some pictures and i will post the pictures and give a opinion on how good or bad they look
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2019 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well today my quarter windows with scoops came in today now i must modify them so they fit the chop top as they are made for a stock Fiero GT they are fiberglass so i will cut and fiberglass them back together and will add a tinted window in the scoop
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2019 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
today i started to modify the sail window scoops i have one cut down but not fiberglassed yet but the pictures below will give you a idea of how much i cut out and what it will look like

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2019 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Watched video of this and it looks much better on video !
PFF
System Bot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2019 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thank you exoticse i still have room to make things fit better and there are things needed to finish it up and the interior i am not sure what i am going to do with it as i never have done anything but put stock interior in but the trim parts are not going to fit in stock form
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2019 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well it looks like i am going to need to do some more body work to get the quarter windows to fit and i am not sure i will paint them the same color as the car i might go matte black

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2019 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the honda civic tail lights came in and i took a look at them sitting them in the opening for the tail light they do not look good they just are to small . I am thinking of drilling a small hole in the tail light that i have that look right and pouring glass cleaner in shaking them then drain and put a small rubber plug in the hole

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 09-18-2019).]

shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2019 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry the civic lights didnt fit, they looked good. Maybe you could smoke the original lights to make em look better?

shem
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2019 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i bought a set of these but i will need to tint them they are halo lights the bottom picture is how it should look with tint amd the led halo on

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 09-18-2019).]

shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2019 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is that a benz emblem in the centers? Open them up n put something over that for sure. U get the outside smoke tint or the spray in stuff? I got some of the outside stuff coming to play w the taillights on wifeys ride.

shem
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2019 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well so far they have not even been confirmed so paypal has not paid them and i tried calling to ask about the order and it was a auto shipping company so it is not looking like i will get them it is looking more like the corvette lights put in a panel that i will need to make
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2019 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not sure this will help anyone but i was messing around with the Water/methanol control on the megasquirt 3x and i found i had the Hz set wrong for the solenoid as i had it to high so it was not running the solenoid on lower duty cycle like 30 percent duty so i was not getting any injection at 5 pounds of boost but now that i have it working right i can make a map of how much water/meth i need at x amount of boost and rpm giving me a better methanol delivery for better performance
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2019 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
took a few new pictures of how the car looks today i still need to do rockers then just massage

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2019 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
next up is the rockers as i just ordered up some 18 gauge steel i know it is a bit heavy but i want them to be strong so they last
PFF
System Bot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2019 07:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well I am working on buying a Mustang chassis dyno that was used for smog testing even though i think it can't do really high horsepower and will need upgrading but it is $1000 and it works
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2019 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
i bought this Mustang dyno it was used for emission testing but i will convert it to what i want not sure if it will need just software or hardware or both . sime videos of it https://www.youtube.com/wat...6TmfZ4rpnJAiigsVFpyw
https://www.youtube.com/wat...6_VsiTXYcUupCy9h3wk0
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2019 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is that a fronius or a sunny boy in the background? Check out some forums, somebodyll have some software to mod that smog dyno. Probably have to upgrade a few parts for the high horsepower testing. Car looks great, the back sail panels are very diggable!

shem
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2019 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks shem i have found a diy dyno called your dyno had free software and i will be picking the dyno up this weekend i do want to clean it up and paint it so i will disassemble it clean it sandblast paint it then mount on a trailer as i want it to be mobile so i can go to any place to dyno cars

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 10-08-2019).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2019 06:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
picked up the dynamometer and have been doing some research and it is good for about 500 whp it is going to be awhile before it is up and working as it will be mounted on a trailer and i need to get a controller update with software
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2019 06:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok the 18 gauge sheet metal cam in for the rockers came in now i need to move the dyno so i can lower the fiero and make the rockers so this should happen in the next few weeks then she will be going to bed for the winter in the inclosed trailer i bought . life is good right now as i have a bunch of projects going on and i like it
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2019 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Heat the garage and keep workin bro! lol Free wood fuel at construction sites, always scraps! They might even pay you to haul the fuel away! BAM! Im waiting for the pic of your fierrari on the dyno w a 500hp reading. Chop chop

shem
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2019 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by engine man:

i bought this Mustang dyno it was used for emission testing but i will convert it to what i want not sure if it will need just software or hardware or both . sime videos of it https://www.youtube.com/wat...6TmfZ4rpnJAiigsVFpyw
https://www.youtube.com/wat...6_VsiTXYcUupCy9h3wk0

Freaking cool
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2019 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Rickady88GT as i also think it is cool . I just bought a labjack u6 pro to run it now i just need to put it all together

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 10-18-2019).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 55 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock