Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Audi A8 My Fiero (Page 47)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 55 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Audi A8 My Fiero by engine man
Started on: 06-10-2012 12:09 PM
Replies: 2191 (103417 views)
Last post by: MarkS on 12-05-2023 09:49 AM
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2018 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well it is coming along slow as i am trying to get it the best i can to make sure it is all square and right
IP: Logged
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2018 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today i decided that i would be putting in a roll cage it will be a rear hoop with legs that go forward at a angle and some short spuds that go to the rear fire wall right at the rear upper frame rail this should stiffen the car up and i might x brace the rear hoop to give it some torsional twist stiffness

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 12-05-2018).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2018 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
waiting for some steel so i can finish this as i like to do some more overlapping to get as much strength

Reallybig

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2018 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ReallybigSend a Private Message to ReallybigEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about doing a windshield swap that brings the leading edge further forward for a more raked look? I think it was a Chrysler sebring windshield others have done? You know, as long as you're this deep into a chop.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2018 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow it just got laid down about 9 degrees and you want me to change windshields so it is even more laid down that would take way more work than i am willing to do
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2018 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
picked up a pair of fiero gt seats today thanks onesexyfiero now i have seat that sit in the car the right way
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2018 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today i started to put in a roll cage so it stiffens up the chassis some more i want the car to perform as well as it is going to look
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2018 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yaa some steel showed up today so i got to do some work then i ran out if welding gas i think i will go up to a 80lb bottle from the 60lb bottle of gas
Bozzie

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2018 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MARK !!!! Seriously here........just WHO in there right mind would take a car that was pretty much done and cut'er up and do some more CRAZY mods ????!!!!! Your a jack of all man. I get it and applaud you ! Keep the pics coming

Boz
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2018 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Bozzie and as far as dong it over Hmm seems i know this guy who seems to be redoing his car lol i see yours is looking good i am glad to hear from you and see you are back at it i hope we both get them done for the summer and maybe we can plan to go to a show and park right next to each other and show the folks just how cool Fieros are and what the fiero guys do with there cars

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 12-19-2018).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2018 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today i did very little on the car and have decided to make sure i take my time on it so i don't stress out about getting it done and make mistakes as i have made a few and had to repair them but it is going good
PFF
System Bot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2018 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
today i did a little bit by putting in one of the rollcage door bars i would have done both but i screwed one up by cutting it to short oh well i will use that for coming off the top of the rollcage to the rear strut towers i also put the seat in to find out how i was going to fit in the car and found my head is right at roof height so i need to do some work getting the seat to sit lower i think i can gain 2 inches of head room by modifying the seat rails and floor seat riser brackets
onesexyfiero

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2018 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for onesexyfieroSend a Private Message to onesexyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Door bars and a choptop in a fiero? I hope you were a contortionist in a past life.

Seats look good in there. Nice and clean, arent they?
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2018 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i can get in over that bar and get in i have done it a few times now and i am fat and out of shape but i do need to try and get some more head room as my head is a inch or less from the roof i was hoping those seats i bought from you would do it but no such luck although they are better than what i had
onesexyfiero

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2018 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for onesexyfieroSend a Private Message to onesexyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can you bulge the roof a little like a ford gt? I find the fiero seats are too close to thr floor to begin with, and make my heels hurt on longer drives. Cant imagine lowering them more.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2018 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know what i can do just mount the driver seat without the slides and just mount it to the floor i bet that will drop it about 2 inches and i will just set it for me that way no one can drive but me
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post12-27-2018 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Someone else posted they have done that. It was probably a chop as well.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2018 02:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by engine man:

I know what i can do just mount the driver seat without the slides and just mount it to the floor i bet that will drop it about 2 inches and i will just set it for me that way no one can drive but me

Years ago V8 Archie posted how he lowers the seats in his choptops. His guide has been referenced many times here over the years. Perhaps someone might have a link to it... but basically the mounts for the seat rails are re-bent which allow the seats to sit a bit lower.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2018 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really don't mind if it is in a fixed position it will be no different than a race car i never had one with the seat on slides you sit in it get it where you like it then bolt it down
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2018 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Happy New Year Everyone
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2019 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok i started to mod the GT body first then i will put the Testarossa kit body on the back and glass it in

PFF
System Bot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2019 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i had to see if it is going to look as good as think IF i do a good job and i think it is going to look great

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2019 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok i have both rear quarters up on the car and level now i just need to fiberglass them on and make some braces and fiberglass them in

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2019 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today i started to fiberglass it all back together this is gonna take some time to get it looking good and be strong

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2019 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
today i got a few minutes to put a few layers of fiberglass i need to work on bracing it from the underside . this thing is gonna be great looking i think even if i don't get it perfect
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2019 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I riveted the bumper back on i moved it in 1 inch and squared it to the top so the gaps around the tail lights ar tighter and even i also put some braces on the underside of the rear body so the right side stayed flat and not tilted from inside out it is slow going but t takes time to get the way you want

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2019 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Quite the radical change since the last time I popped in.

Very Cool

Bob
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2019 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thank's RCR sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do and chopper her up
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2019 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
Sanding body filler is just so much fun it is as fun as sheetrock compound oh well this just how it is you sand then put more filler on then sand check it and just keep doing this process over and over until it is good and straight

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 01-17-2019).]

shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2019 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice work man!

shem
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2019 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank's shemdogg i just keep working on it and i am gaining ground and it really is ontack as i am not a bodyman but i know a bunch of them and with a project like this it might go a bit faster for them but it still takes them along time due to having to keep going over it all again and again it helps me practice patience
PFF
System Bot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2019 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well today since it is slow i am playing with the rear deck lid i am using a GT lid and have cut the back off the kit car lid and am attaching it to the GT lid this is giving me a much better fitting deck lid and better looking when shut or open

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2019 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just wanted to show how much better the taillights fit the first pictures was how they were before with some really big gaps now they fit nice and tight but i still need to do a bit more messaging but it is 90% good. you can also see the right hand side rear dips down from the inside to outside

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2019 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
oops DP

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 01-20-2019).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2019 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i threw the roof on just to see i did cut it as it needed to be shortened up and i have taken a few days off from it and will get back on it soon but i figure i have until May, as i would like to go to the home depot car show if they have it
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2019 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking great so far, taillights look much much better now.

shem
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2019 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks shemdogg I think the pictures really don't do it justice as to how cool it looks but i am bias on how it looks
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2019 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well i have kinda wondered why some have talked about VW W8 engine so i looked at it and now realize it is the engine to go with on a longitudinal 8 cylinder install as it is only like 16 inches long so there is plenty of room but it is 27 inches wide i will need to see if it fits between the strut towers it has a great exhaust note and i just looked at price and they range from $450 and up so if the Audi v8 dies then i think i will replace it with one of these as it should bolt right up to the tranny
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2019 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
today i bought a W8 passat and after i am done with the project at hand i will swap the engine out from the passat into a fiero as this engine is so short for a 8 cylinder i will not need to even touch the firewall at all and it will be a longitudinal install i am thinking a 5 speed automatic the 5hp19 tiptronic i will do a build thread on it but it will at least 6 months away
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post02-07-2019 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You know, the W12 is probably the same overall length. Hmmm.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 55 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock