Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Audi A8 My Fiero (Page 41)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 55 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Audi A8 My Fiero by engine man
Started on: 06-10-2012 12:09 PM
Replies: 2191 (103366 views)
Last post by: MarkS on 12-05-2023 09:49 AM
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2018 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok Battery is charged turns over and runs and sounds fine now onto a few other things like the right rear brake caliper bleed screw is stuck cant bleed the brakes and i know i need brakes
IP: Logged
Reallybig

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2018 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ReallybigSend a Private Message to ReallybigEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I once had the same problem on a different car where I had to take the caliper off, put the bleeder screw in a vice, and use a pipe as leverage to twist the caliper off of the bleeder screw. I'm still surprised it didn't snap off...

[This message has been edited by Reallybig (edited 05-12-2018).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2018 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yup i had to take it off put in vice use the torches and put the heat to it then it came out and i have put it back on and bled it so it should be fine if not i have a rebuild kit
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2018 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
well tomorrow i will finish a few things and take the fiero for a test drive a short test drive a few miles at most
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2018 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will say that adding the SC has made tuning the engine a bit harder as i have loaded a base map and the car runs and i can drive it but i can't hit the throttle fast or it stumbles i need to get out and take it for a ride and log what is going on with my laptop and maybe turn on the auto tune on MS tuner studio hopefully i can read some more and get this sorted out .
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2018 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
today i looked to see what boost i should be getting with my blower setup i have a M122 so it is a 122 cubic inch supercharger and with a 6.5 crank pulley and 2.625 i should have 23 psi of boost oops i need to change that blower pulley to the 3 inch that drops boost to 17 psi i used this calculator with engine efficiency of 90 percent and supercharger of of 80 percent http://performancetrends.co...Boost-Calculator.php
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2018 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
today did some more work on the fuel map and i am getting it better as it is not having the violent swing from lean to rich with small movements of the throttle i still can't just floor it but i might go back this afternoon and do some more tuning
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2018 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
today was a good day even though it is not running perfect it just seems so good to be able to take it for a ride and could even drive it to the dyno so i could have it tuned but i am having fun learning how to tune efi and i like the challenge of doing it

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 05-20-2018).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2018 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I went out today and ran it up the road and just feel it is not the best place to be tuning since i need to at some time do full throttle runs and that is going to get me a trip to court and a fine i bet so i will just spend the money at the dyno
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2018 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It feels so good to drive the car even though it is not 100 percent done or running correct now i see all the work is paying off i can see things i need to repair and things i think i just need to change but for now it is a driver and as it gets tuned and i get a interior together and repair body issues it really is all good especially when i get to puff my chest out and say yes i built it all good or bad i am a proud owner of it .
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2018 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i tried a automatic belt tensioner and i am having belt problem so i am switching back to me manually tensioning it and we will see how that works

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 05-27-2018).]

PFF
System Bot
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post05-27-2018 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wonder what the 0-60 is going to be like? I'm still enjoying following the AUDI build and progress and it seems like a solid decision to dyno tune it. Because of this thread an Audi 2.7tt (380-400 hp) build is in my future.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2018 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not sure how quick it will be but even not tuned well it pulls hard and i can't slam the thing to the floor as it just stumbles due to it being so bad but i drive it and tune it over and over so it keeps getting better i need to get it the best i can before going to the dyno
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2018 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today i think i found my belt problem in a strange looking idler pulley as it feels out of round and has the finish worn off in one part of the pulley but it is not worn all the way around the pulley it is about half way around
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2018 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fiero video with clearest sound and it 's a flame thrower https://www.youtube.com/wat...FGY&feature=youtu.be
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2018 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by engine man:

...it 's a flame thrower

Hard to spot... I had to listen for it.

shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2018 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice man! sounds meaty! car looks good too!

shem
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2018 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guy's i feels so good to get it out on the road and i am still working on getting it tuned as it is still very rich when i stand on it but i am slowly getting it there
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2018 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just talked to Marc at EFI Express in Lee NH and set up a time for 10 am on the 16th cant wait to have it running right He has Built and raced this engine with turbos and NA so he should be my best bet for dyno tuning
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2018 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well yesterday the fiero got me with its crappy fuel gauge ran out of gas with it saying just under 1/4 tank but good did come from it as i thought something else happened it tossed the serpentine belt and when i got that back on i thought i had flooded it so i pulled the plugs and found i was getting strange reading cylinder to cylinder so i did more looking into it i only had 4 injectors firing i did not turn on the other injector drivers so it would run semi sequential so i turned them on

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 06-10-2018).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2018 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
I want to know if i can just bend the float arm on the sending unit to make my fuel gauge work correct
PFF
System Bot
br1anstorm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2018 07:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for br1anstormSend a Private Message to br1anstormEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
41 pages and one thousand six hundred and twenty (1620) posts so far - and still counting....!

Is there a technical question in all that which has - or hasn't - been solved? It's getting a bit hard to search.

Maybe engine man should be aiming to write a book? Or perhaps PFF could create a special area in the forum where he can keep a daily diary/log?

Maybe I need advice on how to prevent my tongue getting stuck in my cheek?
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2018 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well br1anstorm I am just posting my journey and tech stuff i am running into as it is a 1 off car and no one is making you read it but i suppose opinions are like A holes every one has one have a nice day
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2018 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mark, the Brit's just trying to Yank your chain.
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2018 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Mark, the Brit's just trying to Yank your chain.

Brit? Lol!
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2018 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by David Hambleton:

Brit? Lol!

Got a problem with that, Canuck?

David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2018 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Got a problem with that, Canuck?

Methinks the Scot's chain is tight...

And to Mark, congrats on your perseverance. Great job! I always look for your progress posts.

[This message has been edited by David Hambleton (edited 06-11-2018).]

br1anstorm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2018 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for br1anstormSend a Private Message to br1anstormEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Brit, eh? Huh. Scot, to be precise. Sometimes described as a "Jock". But I gather that has another meaning across the pond.

But enough - we risk going off-topic! And that wouldn't do at all.

Onward and upward. The A8 experiment is a brave, if complicated, one. Respect to Mark/engine man for the effort. We all wait with bated breath for the final outcome of the epic story, where everyone lives happily ever after.....or drives off rejoicing into the sunset?

[This message has been edited by br1anstorm (edited 06-11-2018).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2018 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by David Hambleton:

Methinks the Scot's chain is tight...

How so? What's your definition of a Brit?

Originally posted by br1anstorm:

Brit, eh? Huh. Scot, to be precise.

Sure, but you're still a Brit. You've just narrowed it down, is all.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 06-11-2018).]

br1anstorm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2018 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for br1anstormSend a Private Message to br1anstormEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sure, but you're still a Brit. You've just narrowed it down, is all.

No dispute: I'll answer to both (and no intention of voting for ScotNat independence!).
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2018 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2018 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well today i took it for a ride and it runs better now that all the injectors are working not sure 1st gear is even worth having as it seems to be time to shift before you know it and i did not even get it to the floor i would say about half throttle and 6000 + rpm's are there before you know it and this is a un-tuned engine that is still going rich but all cylinders are firing . i also worked on pulley alignment and shimmed the supercharger pulley and 2 guide pulleys that make more belt wrap on the supercharger pulley i am not sure the clutch or transmission are going to last a real long time as i was told third gear is really weak .
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2018 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saturday will be hear soon cant wait for Marc to tune this engine any guesses on how much power it will make at the wheels i have seen 13 psi of boost so i think it will top out at 15 or 16 psi of boost the engine had 300 hp at the crank NA and i am running water methanol injection 50/50 mix
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2018 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am getting pumped up for Saturday on the dyno i am hoping to see 450 plus wheel HP not sure it will but i hope it will

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 06-14-2018).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2018 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well at 10 tomorrow it is going on the dyno hope it all go's well
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2018 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well i went to the dyno and he got the engine to run better but i need to do something about the belt driving the blower as it is a 6 rib and it just is slipping you can hear it and it finally started to shred. he got 1 pull to 5000 rpm with it not tuned it hit 14 psi then dropped in boost as rpm increased due to belt slip i also need to move my air intake temp to after the blower and move the water methanol injectors to after blower so i am going to pull the engine and put in a new crank seal as i have a oil leak up front Marc was a great help and i hope to get back down there soon
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2018 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i looked at my ignition timing map and he has pulled a ton of timing out and it is set at 12 degrees under boost and that is just killing the power but he only did one run and that was just a starting point i think it will be around 24 degrees or maybe more
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post06-17-2018 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Worth the effort to do it again once the changes are made, I say (a paid tuning session). How many ribs should the belt have? I drove a 4.2 S4 6 spd recently and it was pretty enjoyable.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2018 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes i need to do those things i am not sure i will go back not that he did anything wrong it just is a long day and i think i can do this i just need to put my mind to it and do more reading and watching the videos i have paid for i wish there where a class near me i could take
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2018 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
I ordered 2 pulleys toothed t5 belt tooth by 25 mm wide bottom is 60 tooth top is 26 tooth that works out to 2.307 ratio and at 6500 that puts the blower speed at 15000 and that is right where Eaton wants the blower to run there will not be any belt slip now !
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 55 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock