Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Audi A8 My Fiero (Page 38)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 55 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Audi A8 My Fiero by engine man
Started on: 06-10-2012 12:09 PM
Replies: 2191 (103366 views)
Last post by: MarkS on 12-05-2023 09:49 AM
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2017 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

Bob

------------------
88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo, water/meth injection
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project
01 BMW 525i: The other summer car
14 GMC Sierra: Daily Driver

IP: Logged
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2017 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What the hell i started on my pacifica to change the water pump and timing belt it took me all day Saturday and i was not done until 2 pm today dam bolts break off and getting the belt on right i needed some cloths pins to hold the belt i just struggled with that and never got to the fiero . the one good thing is my micrometer 0-6 showed up as the post office delivered them on a Sunday ii need them for building my other Engine for the race car

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 11-12-2017).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2017 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
today i had some time as a few customers canceled so i put the cam locks on the new engine and pulled the timing belt and water pump off the junk engine

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2017 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
today i had some cancellations so i had time to put the timing belt and water pump on so that is now done
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2017 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok i just need to change one valve cover and put on the bracket that hold AC pump and put the serpentine belt back on bolt the transaxle on and put it on the cradle and put it back in
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2017 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi everyone have a great Thanksgiving as i already am having one with great Friends , Family & Customer and i live in the Greatest Country of all and for all of that i am truly Thankful
shemdogg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2017 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
happy thanksgiving man, that motors beeeaaauuuutifulllll
chop chop lol

shem
MarkS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2017 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkSSend a Private Message to MarkSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by engine man:

Hi everyone have a great Thanksgiving as i already am having one with great Friends , Family & Customer and i live in the Greatest Country of all and for all of that i am truly Thankful

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2017 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well i had a great day the food was great and the Family was great to i hope all of you had as great a day as me
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2017 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i wanted to work on the fiero today but i needed to work on the car i am giving my dad and tomorrow i need to do a gas tank in a ford f150 and a few other things so i can get caught up on work maybe Sunday i will get a chance to play
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2017 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
man the shop is going strong but i did get a chance to put the transaxle on today it is coming along slow now but i have plenty of time to get it going for next year.
PFF
System Bot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2017 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
today i bolted on the last of the brackets and i am waiting for a grooved idler pulley to come in then i can put the belt on and put it back on the cradle . i feel next weekend it will be back in the car and running as long as i don't have something i need to do on the weekend
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2017 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
it is ready now just need to put it back in

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2017 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok i put it back on the cradle and all i need to do is put the exhaust back on and it can go back in the car but i need to change out the shifter cables as the old ones i used are to long and heaver than needed

motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2017 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good to see it going back together.

Joe
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2017 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes it has been awhile since i wanted to even work on it but today i got the engine back in now i just need to hook everything back up
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2017 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good sir!

shem
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2017 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks as i was so upset about the last engine not even making it out for a drive it just crapped out in the garage and if i get a minute tomorrow i think i am going to pull a head and see what went wrong

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 12-10-2017).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2017 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

i got the engine back in now i just need to hook everything back up

Looking real forward to seeing and hearing it run again!

Blast from the past...

Mark, I hope you've greased that damn door hinge by now.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 12-10-2017).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2017 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ya i am going to make a video of me just opening and shutting that door Lol
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2017 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok today i got some of the wiring hooked back up on the underneath of the car i just have one connector left i think it is temp gauge then i need to put a new oil filter in and drain any old oil out once that is done then lower the car and hook all the injector and coils up hook the fuel lines up and put the crank sensor back in i think that is it oh ya put oil in then start it up
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2017 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2017 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
all wire are hooked up and no start sound like late timming on the valves or something as it sounds like it is going by the exhaust valves so i will check the cam timing by putting one of the cam locks on and see if it is on tdc like it should be but that wont be for a few day so i am done for now
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2017 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
well i will need to check and see if the timing mark on the balancer is right with a tdc stop then crack the cam timming belt pulleys lose as they are on tapperd cam shafts so they are not keyed and can be adjusted
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2017 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well the engine is back out and i have looked and it looks like i had it 1 tooth of on the belt so i did it a bit different and it looks good now so i should be able to get it back in by the end of the weekend
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2017 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok everything is back on the engine and it will be back in the car tomorrow and should be running by no latter than Sunday and i will shoot a video of it running again this engine better run or i will beat it with a hammer lol
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2017 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

this engine better run or i will beat it with a hammer lol

You can fix it with a hammer? How big? Lol!

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2017 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lol that will fix it
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2017 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i might have a hours worth of work at most to finishing it up then starting it up . it should start tight up and if it wont i am not sure what to do
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2017 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
oops DP

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 12-23-2017).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2017 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok the sound suck but it is running and Patrick the end is just for you lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e7uWHS3wmA
PFF
System Bot
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2017 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
congrats on the startup!
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2017 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks now i can put the suspension back together and at least be able to move it in and out of the shop
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2017 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ok the sound suck but it is running and Patrick the end is just for you lol

Excellent!
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2017 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes Patrick even the door is good lol
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2017 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice! Now you can put the hammer down!
Well, maybe after you nail some wheels on...
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2017 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ya i had to put the hammer away but i wasn't sure at first as it would not start but it had so much oil it took a bit to get it started but once it started she started right back up
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2017 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

yes Patrick even the door is good lol

Oh yeah, I didn't miss that.

Mark, I get a kick out of how you pronounce "door". It somehow develops a second syllable, something like "dough-ah". Is this a Boston accent?
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2017 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks everyone and have a merry christmas as mine has been great already with the car starting up
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2017 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I find the swaps intriguing. I'm a stock guy myself since I got my first Fiero (new in May '84 - SE 4 speed still in daily use), but I did one exotic swap.
Took the rattling 2.5L out of my '86 and swapped in.... wait for it.... an '87 2.5L
I've always thought that if I ever had a 'hot rod', I'd like the wheelie bars to engage the pavement when I put the hammer down.
Congrats on clearing the latest big hurdle; I wish you success completing the project!

[This message has been edited by David Hambleton (edited 12-24-2017).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 55 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock