Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Audi A8 My Fiero (Page 28)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 55 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Audi A8 My Fiero by engine man
Started on: 06-10-2012 12:09 PM
Replies: 2191 (103495 views)
Last post by: MarkS on 12-05-2023 09:49 AM
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2016 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
using stock fiero 5 speed shifter 1shot did you get your transmission and start on your car

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 05-12-2016).]

IP: Logged
1shot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2016 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1shotSend a Private Message to 1shotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, I did. Also got the adapter from KEG.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2016 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so how is it going have you started on it yet ? and how much was the adapter and what came with it

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 05-12-2016).]

Kemp3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2016 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kemp3Send a Private Message to Kemp3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by engine man:

Wow I just found this info last night this transmission comes from a Acura Legend it would allow you to do a LS or SBC longitudinal it comes as a 5 speed standard or a 6 speed and a 4 speed slush box as you can see the diff is mounted more like a THM 425 from GM

I am not 100% certain but I believe the Legends engine spins CW. Just a heads up to try and verify you don't end up with 5 reverse gears .

1shot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2016 04:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1shotSend a Private Message to 1shotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Actually, I have started on it. I've got the top chopped and the front clip shortened while waiting for the adapter.
This week I've been working on the rear engine compartment and modified the cradle to accept the longitudinal positioning of the SBC.
I've done something a little different in modifying the rear. Something I haven't seen here on Pennocks. Keeping my fingers crossed it's not a complete failure.
The adapter was a little pricey, but they make a top shelf product. It cost $2000 with pressure plate, clutch plate and starter.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2016 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
finished wiring

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2016 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
it starts on starting fluid now i need to put fuel in it and plug in the fuel pumps and get it to run
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2016 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
i had a leak so i have to put a new fuel filter and fuel line
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2016 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
one thing i must make is a air intake tube that go's from 6 inch oval to 3 1/2 inch round i think i know how to do this. one way is to take a 3.5 to 4.5 exhaust reducer and squashing the 5 inch side down so it ends up at 6 inches wide by about 3 inches tall
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2016 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dam injectors not firing well time to start testing them i know the ignition works as it start every time with starting fluid but i have tried to do a injector test that did not work
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2016 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
megasquirt not firing the injectors i am getting sick of this pos
PFF
System Bot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2016 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i am starting to think i am going to have to buy a peak & hold injector driver box
Will

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2016 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you trying to drive Low Z injectors with High Z drivers? Do you keep burning out injector drivers?
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2016 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought the same thing Will but i did a ohm check on the injectors as well as looked up what they were and they were high z and ohm tested at over 11 ohms
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2016 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
found the problem now it runs and here is the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4nroMOQfKU
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2016 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OMG, dude, that thing sounds wicked...

Good work. Joe
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2016 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks i thought it sounded good and responsive just need it to burn off the rest of the Marvel Mystery oil and the rest of the oil that was in the exhaust from the other engine
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2016 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i will be plumbing the cooling system and do what i need to do to the shifter for the new cables as i got 3 inch stroke cables and only needed 2 inch but nothing a little steel and welding wont fix
1shot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2016 04:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1shotSend a Private Message to 1shotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Mark,
Sounds real good. Good to see you making progress. Can you get some pics of those cables? And where did you purchase them from?
George
onesexyfiero

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2016 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for onesexyfieroSend a Private Message to onesexyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking, and sounding really good, Mark. I haven't been posting, but I have been lurking and keeping tabs on that chassis.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2016 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i will post some pitcher's of the cables a bit latter and and the web link and thank you both for your words of encouragement

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 05-21-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2016 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Music to the ears !! Nice Job

Boz
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2016 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

found the problem now it runs and here is the video

Won't be any mosquitoes left alive in your garage after that! Hopefully the smoking does stop. Sounds great.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 05-21-2016).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2016 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i ran out of welding wire and needed some more parts to do the cooling system so i snapped a few shots of the cables and made another short video of the mosquito killer lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99TVb-R0qxs

the web site for the cables http://steinjager.com/shop/...tierSeven=&home=true

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2016 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

... made another short video of the mosquito killer lol

Damn, grease that door hinge!

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 05-21-2016).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2016 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No i am not greasing it lol

FIEROPHREK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2016 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No i am not greasing it lol

Perhaps WD40? Aerokroil?

Your swap sounds awesome! I'm definitely looking forward to seeing this car on the road!

------------------

ARCHIES JUNK IS FASTER THAN SHAUNNA'S JUNK

12.3 is faster than a 13.2

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2016 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lol ok ok i will oil it or grease it . well today I finished the shifter and coolant tube plumbing
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2016 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
you know it gives me a sense of pride like all the folks who build something you put your heart and soul into so it feels great when your peers approve of it
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2016 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...it feels great when your peers approve of it

This swap is super-cool. It's so different. Although I haven't posted a whole lot in this thread, I look very forward to every update!
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2016 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Patrick
PFF
System Bot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2016 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
a few mods made to the shifter i had to move the cable attachments back and remove the pins the cables attach

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2016 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well the shifter is all in and hooked up i had to do 1 mod to the cable bracket on the transmission and i now know i could have used 90 inch cables with 2 inch throws
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2016 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
new upper pulley ordered 2.625 this should put me in the 12 psi boost rang i think
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2016 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds bad ass! Can't wait to hear some videos of it actually under load
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2016 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks doublec4 i took today off from working on it and will be back on it tomorrow and depending on my what i can spend this month on it it could be on the road by the end of June
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2016 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
battery is all in now
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2016 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have decided once i get all i need off my 88 gt T top car i will give it away for free with T Tops intact i think the car could be rebuilt if you want to take the time to repair some of the places i cut or just take it for the T Tops but the whole car must leave I will let every one know when i am done with it
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2016 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
worked on the brake lines today and will finish them up tomorrow and i will put the axles and rear struts back in if i had a throttle cable bracket i could drive it around the yard but i need to find some parts so i can fab something up
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2016 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow i am down to 3 things before i start on body and interior and that is throttle cable bracket , exhaust hanger's and the 2 rear bolts on the front K member need to be put back in . it is going better than i thought it would and i have never worked on a fiero that was taken apart this much .
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 55 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock