Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Audi A8 My Fiero (Page 27)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 55 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Audi A8 My Fiero by engine man
Started on: 06-10-2012 12:09 PM
Replies: 2191 (103467 views)
Last post by: MarkS on 12-05-2023 09:49 AM
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2016 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
surprisingly my new clutch ,pressure plate & throw out bearing came in so i should be able to put that all together and put the engine up in the car this weekend and i might even get started on wiring .

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 04-06-2016).]

IP: Logged
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2016 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well the trany is on and it is on the cradle
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2016 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
good thing i moved that firewall i only have about a 1/2 inch between the pulley and firewall

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 04-08-2016).]

motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2016 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is tight...

Joe
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2016 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yup it is a tight fit but it is all under the deck lid so no one will know
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2016 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
worked on the wiring and i now have the injectors wired to the megasquirt i will wire up the ignition coils tomorrow
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2016 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
today i cut away all the wires that i will not need on the old fiero harness as i am putting the megasquirt ecu in the trunk area
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2016 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have any of you tried Extreme tape it is rated to 500 degrees F and it has no glue and you heat it to get it to bond i am going to try it on the wiring harness i am hoping for good results
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2016 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i tried some of the tape and it work good i will finish putting the harness together and then use it . the only thing i don't like about it is you have to cut off a length of it to be able to wrap the wiring it is hard to use right off the roll but i will take pictures off the harness when done
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2016 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where did you buy this "extreme tape"

Any pictures of it?

By the way, great work on the build. I check back periodically... it's going to be quite the beast!

[This message has been edited by doublec4 (edited 04-16-2016).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2016 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i bought it on Amazon
PFF
System Bot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2016 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thought i would post a few pictures of the wiring i still need to wirer the TPS and knock sensor and wore power wires and ground wires then i can wrap the harness

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2016 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow I just found this info last night this transmission comes from a Acura Legend it would allow you to do a LS or SBC longitudinal it comes as a 5 speed standard or a 6 speed and a 4 speed slush box as you can see the diff is mounted more like a THM 425 from GM

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2016 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i just need to wire the knock sensor but i am taking the weekend off but on Monday i will wire that up and should be able to finish the wiring then i will give it a test before wrapping it then put some oil in it and fire it up
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2016 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i have a few ground wires and one power wire left then i can finish wrapping the wires i do like this tape i am using

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2016 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well today was a sad day as my mother passed away at the age of 86 she had Alzheimer for over 10 years she fought hard and passed quick and with little pain due to the great program and nurses to make sure she was not hurting in the end
Neils88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2016 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So sorry to hear about your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2016 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Neils88 i just cant say enough great things about my Mom and I will miss her
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2016 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
today i tested the megasquirt and wiring the only thing i have wrong is 2 wires on the tps just need to swap the ground and 5 volt positive and i need to run a injector and ignition test
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2016 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by engine man:

Well today was a sad day as my mother passed away at the age of 86 she had Alzheimer for over 10 years she fought hard and passed quick and with little pain due to the great program and nurses to make sure she was not hurting in the end

I lost my grandmother to Alzheimer's a long time ago, it was very painful to watch her slip away, you and your family have my condolences.

Joe

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2016 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
motoracer838 it isn't so bad at first when they are just forgetful but in the end when they become like a vegetable and can not talk or move and even getting them to just eat because they don't know how to anymore and they have no clue who you are and don't even know you are in the room with them it makes you sad for them
PFF
System Bot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2016 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i fixed the 2 wires on the tps and the wiring is done and i put the exhaust on so now i just need to plumb up the fuel lines and coolant lines and vacuum line then add some oil and battery and start it up
1shot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2016 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1shotSend a Private Message to 1shotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mark,
Sorry to hear about your Mom.
Looks like that tape is working well, I may just have to give it a try.
George
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2016 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks 1shot and the tape works really well i would buy it again
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2016 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
a few new pictures

1shot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2016 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1shotSend a Private Message to 1shotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good call on the header wrap, it makes a pretty good difference in the engine bay. You can actually touch the exhaust with the engine running.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2016 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yep i like the header wrap they had it in many colors bought it on ebay for $15 for 50 ft roll
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2016 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
has any of you tried this intellitronix digital create a dash kit like on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/291...e=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2016 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow I just found this info last night this transmission comes from a Acura Legend it would allow you to do a LS or SBC longitudinal it comes as a 5 speed standard or a 6 speed and a 4 speed slush box as you can see the diff is mounted more like a THM 425 from GM

I had no idea the legend had this kind of drivetrain .I always thought they were rear wheel drive . That is really interesting , I found Legends for as cheap as 500.00 on kijijii ontario . Thanks for posting this , I wonder what the whole assembly weighs .

[This message has been edited by wftb (edited 05-04-2016).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2016 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i like that it is set up for rear mount starter so the flywheel just needs to be made with the Honda ring gear

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 05-04-2016).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2016 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
the Acura Legend transmission and differential weighs around 150 Lbs from what i can find
PFF
System Bot
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2016 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

i like that it is set up for rear mount starter so the flywheel just needs to be made with the Honda ring gear

I like that the differential could be swapped out with one from another MFG with a more appropriate final drive. Plus it would be rather simple to install a small drive shaft to get it out from under the engine and can flip the diff and use it for an extended wheel base mid engine setup.

Lots of possibilities... All it needs to be even better is for the output shaft from the transmission go out the backside as well for AWD applications.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2016 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
look it can have a shaft on the back side so you could do AWD i think just remove the plug that is next to the bolt they have circled

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 05-04-2016).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2016 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saturday i will be trying to get this to start up and have a video posted if i get it running
Will

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2016 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

look it can have a shaft on the back side so you could do AWD i think just remove the plug that is next to the bolt they have circled

Well... you'd have to figure out how to put a diff rather than a spool in that side housing if you were to do AWD.
However, it would be find for use "Lambo Style" with the pulleys to the back, the transmission ahead of the engine and the diff back by the pulleys
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2016 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well did some work on it but dint get it done enough to start and have a few things on order
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2016 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
back to work the weekend is over need make some money to spend on the addiction
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2016 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
? what diameter are the fiero manual transmission cables i have found some 1/4 and 10-32
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2016 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i ordered the 1/4 inch cables so we will see how it works out they where $50 each at 102 long
1shot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2016 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1shotSend a Private Message to 1shotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hope those cables work out for you. If they do, I might have to order some myself. What kind of shifter did you use and was it a 5 or 6 speed?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 55 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock