Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Audi A8 My Fiero (Page 26)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 55 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Audi A8 My Fiero by engine man
Started on: 06-10-2012 12:09 PM
Replies: 2191 (103366 views)
Last post by: MarkS on 12-05-2023 09:49 AM
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2016 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i ordered this on ebay for $50 i think it will look good in the hood
IP: Logged
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2016 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
some pictures of the rear upper frame & trunk it will need some repair so i will get on it as soon as i can

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2016 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well saturday i should be able to get the things cleaned up modified and painted then i can start to put it together
IVANNATINKLE

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2016 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
as always man looking GREAT!!!
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2016 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks i just keep plugging away at it i should have it done this summer i think
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2016 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i was looking at electric power steering pumps today i have found that the Volvo s40 pump from a 2005 and up where priced pretty low i have seen them as low as $30 and i would use a F body rack or is there a better rack or electric pump i was also thinking hydroboost for the brakes

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 02-01-2016).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2016 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i am slowly working on it i have done the mods that need to be done but have not welded every thing

IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2016 06:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would look into the MR2 PS pump from the Second Generation. I know the steering on them felt decent
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2016 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i don't think the feel would be the same due to i would be using a F body rack and the pump would be set so it ran at a constant pressure
IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2016 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
AHH valid point good Sir
ericjon262

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2016 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the MR2 pump accepts a VSS input to not run constant speed.
PFF
System Bot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2016 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so there must be some sort of brain needed for the MR2 pump to do that and you would need to know the pulse per mile that it works on correct
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2016 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
this is the Volvo pump it is made by Ford i think it hooks up to the vss as well
ericjon262

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2016 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by engine man:

so there must be some sort of brain needed for the MR2 pump to do that and you would need to know the pulse per mile that it works on correct

my understanding is it accepts an 8000 ppm signal.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2016 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i have found some info on the Volvo S40 pump and to make it run you hook up the red + and black - to 12V and the blue gray wire turns it on when hooked to 12V+
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2016 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hood mod

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2016 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well thought i would post that i haven't been doing to much but working and gathering a few parts but plan on getting back at it in then next few weeks
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2016 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i am getting close to start putting it together i have chosen a color it is Royal blue pearl i bought bags of the pearl pigment from paint with pearl i will try it over a black base and a white base to see what i like best
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2016 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have found that the royal blue pearl must go over black base to look good but it looks great
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2016 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to see your still moving forward with this, I wound up going a different way, picked up a C5 Vette parts car and a Boxster s 6 speed transaxle, I need to pass emissions with the car and from what I could see, reprograming the Audi pcm is a pain that I don't need.

Keep up the good work. Joe
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2016 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well hope to see a build thread of what you are doing and i will start putting things together next weekend
PFF
System Bot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2016 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2016 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am at a bit of a dilemma i just pulled the GT in and looked at it and not sure of what i really want to do, do i put the engine in it or take it all apart and do the notch back it is less work to do the GT and it is in just as good a shape as the notch back but it has a bit of flex due to the T Tops so i would need to address that
TommyRocker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2016 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Look up swapping roof sections. You can swap the t-top section out for the solid roof, without destroying either. Keep the GT together and put the solid roof on it, then sell the t-top stuff to somebody like me who wants a t-top.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2016 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i don't want to be cutting cars up a roll cage will stiffen the car up

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 03-25-2016).]

TommyRocker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2016 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Then I'd vote sell the t top car and use the other car.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2016 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
today the engine tomorrow the front end
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2016 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i have thee front suspension out and i just need a bit more off the GT then it will be sold
dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post03-27-2016 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

i don't want to be cutting cars up a roll cage will stiffen the car up

Why not weld in X-bracing under the car? This is what others have done for roadster builds for example. See //www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/000055.html#p1
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2016 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes dobey i could have done that but i am just not feeling the T Top thing and like i said it is apart now with just a few things left i need to take from it then some one who wants it can put the time into repairing it or cutting off the t tops for there car
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2016 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am not a big fan of X bracing .It is prone to twisting corner to corner and takes up valuable space unde the car .I think Archie built a Finale kit car roadster and he added intregral bracing in the rocker panels and beefed up the areas fore and aft of the doors.Much stronger and a cleaner install .
PFF
System Bot
Neils88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2016 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wftb:

I am not a big fan of X bracing .It is prone to twisting corner to corner and takes up valuable space unde the car .I think Archie built a Finale kit car roadster and he added intregral bracing in the rocker panels and beefed up the areas fore and aft of the doors.Much stronger and a cleaner install .

I agree, X bracing actually does very little. Rocker bracing is good, but additionally, the best bracing is along the top of the gas tank tunnel, tied into the front and rear firewalls.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2016 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i got the front end cleaned but not painted so i will paint it when i have time tomorrow, i also noticed that i will need to move the firewall at the top to about 6 inches down and just between the 2 deck lid hinges i only need a 1/2 inch for the pulley to clear but since i am going to move it i will do 2 inches so my wiring has room . i will make it tapper from 2 inches at the top to zero at the bottom 6 inches down.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2016 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i had a few minutes at the end of the day so i put the front suspension back in had a little hard time with the steering shaft as it had some rust om the inside that slides over the shaft that comes out of the rack i am hoping to get the engine cradle all cleaned up and painted and put the new engine on and mod the firewall and put that in this weekend then i can move on to making the wiring look good
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2016 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i ordered up a new clutch , pressure plate & throw out bearing since i have it apart i thought it would be a good time to do this. i have cut the firewall now i just need to weld in the steel but i just wanted to relax today

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 04-03-2016).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2016 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...but i just wanted to relax today.

There's no rest for the wicked.

I'm enjoying following your progress.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2016 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
had some time to kill so started on the firewall mod

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2016 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
Hi i need to know what i should use to bond the hood vent / scoop down to the hood and the rockers to the front fender both are made of fiber glass
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2016 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm using Evercote SMC panel adhesive.

http://www.tcpglobal.com/FI...48P8HAQ#.VwROJ6QrKUk

Bob

[This message has been edited by RCR (edited 04-05-2016).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2016 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks for the info i will look for it at the parts stores i deal with
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 55 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock