Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  CHOPTOP CHRONICLES (Page 32)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 37 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
CHOPTOP CHRONICLES by madcurl
Started on: 04-11-2004 08:47 PM
Replies: 1450 (108036 views)
Last post by: Thegayguy1 on 02-11-2024 04:58 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2011 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
#011 headed to SEMA 2011 in Las Vegas!

IP: Logged
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2011 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

When your dad has a choptop, and you become the coolest kid in school, it just makes you want to dance !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoYmY0Qitms&NR=1

Priceless !

A common request made from the son " Pick me up in the choptop ".

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2011 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was in Las Vegas last week. The convention center parking lot was full, so I took the next one down. A nice guy told me, "This car is too nice to park anywhere else. Make a U-turn and park it right up front." I came back several hours later and my car was there just as I left it (so I thought). I shook the guys hand and told him, "Thank you." He jokingly said, "Ah somebody hit your car and placed his business cards on the windshield." He quickly said, "I'm joking" and I found two business cards on the windsheild. Suprisingly one of the business cards is the owner of a paint shop in town. His name is Mike at Tehachapi Collision.

Later on, as I was stuck in traffic on the "Strip" a guy next to me in a grey pick-up truck as me, "Hey, what year is your Fiero?" I said, "87." He quickly said, I use to have one just like that, but it was a 1986 fastback." Before leaving I stopped by In & Out burger joint. I was wearing V8Archie T-Shirt and while in line several people started asking me questions regarding the Fiero. Since I was representing the company I talked about LS series and the F40. The guy was floored when I talked about a owner with a LS7/F40 in the back of his Fiero.

Before my food started to get cold-I left to eat outside. Otherwise, I would never get a chance to finish my food. While outside several people stopped to view #011 (not knowing that the owner is sitting right in front). It didn't matter what age or gender they all stopped and looked even though it was at night. While sitting I texted Carthan and Exoticse. Over-all it was a nice show and plenty of cars to glean ideas from. Hopefully, next year we'll have more than one chotop owner at the show. I didn't get a chance to call and hang out with FieroX. I think everybody was too busy enjoying themselves.

Back in CA, it started hailing and snow was seen on the mountain tops. #011 got me home without issues. I sure miss the cheaper gas in NV. My premiun was around $3.89 while in CA it's $4.08. Back to the Bay Area #011 was still turning heads. A guy in a truck next to me said, "What year is your Fiero?" and while getting some Chinese food I saw a couple pass by the chopper and then turned back to take another look. He peaked inside to see the dash. From across the street I could clearly see his jaw hit the pavement. His g/f took his hand and they left. As I was approaching my chopper two dudes were headed in the same direction. They didn't know the car was mine and I overheard them saying, "What kind of car is that?" I click on the key fob and raised my wings. As expected a conversation was started, but I had a few minutes before work, so I talked for about 3-minutes.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2011 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was enjoying my lunch break today while sitting in the chopper (so I thought). I was talking to Exoticse about "choptop" stuff, but as usual I had to answer a few questions regarding the car. Previously, at the bank a couple asked me what type of car was it? The older gentlemen thought it was a Lotus. He was kinda floored when I sad, "Pontiac Fiero."

Here's the pic outside Wing Phat's chinese joint.
shawnk

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2011 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkSend a Private Message to shawnkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

I was enjoying my lunch break today while sitting in the chopper (so I thought). I was talking to Exoticse about "choptop" stuff, but as usual I had to answer a few questions regarding the car. Previously, at the bank a couple asked me what type of car was it? The older gentlemen thought it was a Lotus. He was kinda floored when I sad, "Pontiac Fiero."

Here's the pic outside Wing Phat's chinese joint.

I need to see this car, I live in Daly city why have I not seen fit before

[This message has been edited by shawnk (edited 11-11-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2011 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by shawnk:

I need to see this car, I live in Daly city why have I not seen fit before

It can happen.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/087286.html
Lonster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2011 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LonsterSend a Private Message to LonsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

... it's basically stock body except the side vent, deck vent's, and rockers.

I'm sorry if you have answered this before... What was the inspiration for the rockers, or are they transplanted?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2011 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lonster:

I'm sorry if you have answered this before... What was the inspiration for the rockers, or are they transplanted?

The rockers are from the Pisa's ZR2 kit. IMHO it is perhaps the most over looked body panel for the Fiero. Granted, I only wanted the rocker FX and not the side vent. I had a shop in FL glass the panel onto the existing part.

http://pisafierohq.com/rebody_kits/zr-2/

Currently I have two cars using this idea. The nice feature about the ZR2 kit is the bell bottom flaring. It also slops downward near the rear instead of a straight back look. It also cleans up the separated body panels (something I hate to look at). PISA (Marty) sold me just the area I needed. I'm suprise nobody else is doing this mod.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-11-2011).]

Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2011 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am getting back on my feet and hope to be back in the game soon, I am for sure in on Sema next year so don't for get me. Good to see you are doing good.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2011 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierotaz:

I am getting back on my feet and hope to be back in the game soon, I am for sure in on Sema next year so don't for get me. Good to see you are doing good.

Yes. I was thinking about you during my last SEMA visit. I tried getting some of the choptop friends to come on out to Vegas, but I guess everybody had other plans.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-12-2011).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2011 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes. I was thinking about you during my last SEMA visit. I tried getting some of the choptop friends to come on out to Vegas, but I guess everybody had other plans.

Yeah was bad timing (again) for me. Been busy with wife's pregnancy and we closed on a new house that same week.

Next year,.. i hope.
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2011 02:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cornersonallrails:

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2011 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
At the bank today and an older couple come over the ATM and the man asked me if my car was a Delorean? I replied, "No. It's a Pontiac Fiero." The man paused for a moment and in disbelief he said, "Then why do the doors go upward?" I then said, "Well, you got to spruce an old car up a bit." I've had the car for several decades and the car has memories of my youth." The guy's wife said (with a smile), "That's so enduring. I like that." Another family sneaked over to get a closer look and was walking my way. I over heard them say something about the car, but I couldn't make out what they were saying.

After I got my money from the ATM I hoped back in the chopper and headed down Main Street. A father and son where waiting for me at the corner. He walked to the edge of his car and gave me the "thumbs-up" until I passed him. I gave him the "wave" gesture and down shifted to D3. The chopper is so low it's hard for a person to see me sitting in the car. At the next corner another man was waiting for me. He starred intently until I passed him. I stopped by Ace Hardware to pick-up some hex bolts for the F550 mirrors.

I parked on the opposite side of the store were there's plenty of room. A nice young man assisted me with the needed nuts and bolts, but he quickly handed back the F550 mirror. I think he knew it was worth a shiny penny and didn't want to drop it. I hope to have WCF weld the parts onto the car later on. I washed the car and removed a large Pine tree sap from the hood using rubbing alcohol. Car now cleaned I headed to the City. As usual the car got plenty of stares. Over the last 8 or so years I find that owning a Fiero Chop top is perhaps one of the best modifications one can ever have done to their car.

I regularly see Ferrari, Lamborghini, and Porsches up and down the street, but there's something about a chop top that is uniquely different. Maybe it's the fact that many haven't seen a Fiero fastback or one that is chopped that causes people to stare. I used to roll in a bubble top and I gotten some stares, but in a chop top it's totally different. I think it's time to switch choppers. #020 needs some winter exposure.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-14-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2011 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Midnight run:

While gassing up around 1:30 am at a Gilroy Chevron station I had all access to any pump at the station. I took a picture and right after that several cars were spotted driving in for gas and snacks. I had finished filling up and was in my chopper getting ready to leave when I noticed a young guy. The stopped a few feet ahead of the car and gave me the "thumbs-up" and was smiling. I quickly, nodded my head and waved back at him as he starred as I was leaving.

Around 4:30 am the same thing happened while at a Love's gas stating in Lost Hills. As I got gas a car with two guys yelled, "What type of car is that?" I said, "Pontiac Fiero." The said a curse word, "@^**8" you're kidding me? They continued looking until I left.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2011 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

At the bank today and an older couple come over the ATM and the man asked me if my car was a Delorean? I replied, "No. It's a Pontiac Fiero." The man paused for a moment and in disbelief he said, "Then why do the doors go upward?" I then said, "Well, you got to spruce an old car up a bit." I've had the car for several decades and the car has memories of my youth." The guy's wife said (with a smile), "That's so enduring. I like that." Another family sneaked over to get a closer look and was walking my way. I over heard them say something about the car, but I couldn't make out what they were saying.

After I got my money from the ATM I hoped back in the chopper and headed down Main Street. A father and son where waiting for me at the corner. He walked to the edge of his car and gave me the "thumbs-up" until I passed him. I gave him the "wave" gesture and down shifted to D3. The chopper is so low it's hard for a person to see me sitting in the car. At the next corner another man was waiting for me. He starred intently until I passed him. I stopped by Ace Hardware to pick-up some hex bolts for the F550 mirrors.

I parked on the opposite side of the store were there's plenty of room. A nice young man assisted me with the needed nuts and bolts, but he quickly handed back the F550 mirror. I think he knew it was worth a shiny penny and didn't want to drop it. I hope to have WCF weld the parts onto the car later on. I washed the car and removed a large Pine tree sap from the hood using rubbing alcohol. Car now cleaned I headed to the City. As usual the car got plenty of stares. Over the last 8 or so years I find that owning a Fiero Chop top is perhaps one of the best modifications one can ever have done to their car.

I regularly see Ferrari, Lamborghini, and Porsches up and down the street, but there's something about a chop top that is uniquely different. Maybe it's the fact that many haven't seen a Fiero fastback or one that is chopped that causes people to stare. I used to roll in a bubble top and I gotten some stares, but in a chop top it's totally different. I think it's time to switch choppers. #020 needs some winter exposure.

cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2011 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well today I was at the gas station and the women working the counter got on the PA system saying " Cool Car! ". Also a guy walked up at the pump who had a ricer and was looking the car over and asking a bunch of questions. Then this evening I had taken #24 to make a delivery to a customer and on my way back I was at a light and looked in the review mirror and the guy behind me was taking a picture of the back of the car...lol. I have to say that I had a lot of looks with the choptop all the time but the MadArch Widebody Archie had put on the car has times it X 10!!

Oh yea the older guy who was getting out of his car at BestBuy was like What is that car?? Pontiac Fiero was my response to which he replied, " I see a few red ones"

[This message has been edited by cornersonrails (edited 11-14-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2011 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cornersonrails:

Well today I was at the gas station and the women working the counter got on the PA system saying " Cool Car! ". Also a guy walked up at the pump who had a ricer and was looking the car over and asking a bunch of questions. Then this evening I had taken #24 to make a delivery to a customer and on my way back I was at a light and looked in the review mirror and the guy behind me was taking a picture of the back of the car...lol. I have to say that I had a lot of looks with the choptop all the time but the MadArch Widebody Archie had put on the car has times it X 10!!

Oh yea the older guy who was getting out of his car at BestBuy was like What is that car?? Pontiac Fiero was my response to which he replied, " I see a few red ones"

Crazy isn't it? Having a choptop is cool (nothings wrong with that), but once you slap on the MadArch wide body kit it's a whole different story. Please keep us updated.

edit: Digital pic.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-14-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2011 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Winter isn't over for #010. The chopper has won a total of 4-trophies and counting.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2011 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I stopped by AutoZone to pick-up a Eclispe manual and a Pizza from Hungry Howie's and in the parking lot there was a guy in a 1997 silver Porshe.

He waited until I got out of the chopper to ask me what type of car is that. He was shocked that it was a Pontiac, but his jaw dropped after I said it was a 1987. We stood in the parking lot for a few minutes asking me more about the car and joked about my girlfriend who was sitting in the car. The girl friend was the 305/25/20 PZero tire. We walked inside and continued our conversation as we odered pizza. Two other guys were inside and one of them asked me, "What type of car is that?" and another conversation was started. 20-minutes our pizzas were ready and I said, "goodbye" The owner of the Porsche his name was Paul and I forgot the others (Shaun or something?).

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-17-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2011 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
At WCF. Since #020 is headed to the paint shop I decided to do some bling cleaning.

85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2011 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Curly

What suspension do you have in the front, on your silver choptop ?

the car looks great
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2011 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85LAMB:

Curly

What suspension do you have in the front, on your silver choptop ?

the car looks great

Thanks.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2011 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Testing the 20x12 on #020. The 5" lip is pushing, but I like were it sits.

Totally a clear view using the 350Z glass. If you're having issues in the engine compartment you have no excuse if you can see the engine as you drive.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2011 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Today while airing up #020 rear tire a guy spotted me and made a U-turn. He asked me what year my Fiero was (he had a 1987 and sold it)? He was with his little daughter (poor girl-she had to listen to daddy talk 150-minutes about stupid Fiero stuff). He asked everything about the car and was upset that he sold his especially since WCF is in town. I got another pizza tonight and three people in the parking lot saw me arriving. The young guy asked, "What type of car is that?" Keep in mind, I don't badge my car as anything else but as a Fiero and my tail lamp is fully lite. The young guy must've been 17-19 years old, so I told him it's older than you my friend. I walked inside and order a pizza. 10-minutes later I saw a flash. It was them taking a picture.

Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2011 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
good to see this on the road and not in the garage or being trailered to shows.

[This message has been edited by Gokart Mozart (edited 11-19-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2011 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Choptop top and MadArch widebody wheels.

20x11 with 2' lip.

20x9.5 with a 2.5" lip.

20x11 with a 3.5" lip.

20x12 with a 5" lip (due to the design in the pic it looks shorter, but trust me-it's 5")

18x12 with a 5" lip.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-18-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2011 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Back spacing in sequence.

20X11 with 8.5 back spacing. WARNING: This wheel is a Corvette wheel which will not fit the Fiero regardless of what is used. It will be modified by HRE or using Held/Lee extend control arms and hubs. I'm showing you the difference between extreme wheels for MadArch wide bodies. Please don't get it twisted!

20X11 with 6.5 back spacing. Clears 10" coil-overs for 86-87

20X12 with a 7" back spacing. Used by Leroy and MadCurl and must be used with a 8" spring coil-over for 86-87. The 1988 Fiero is no issues either coil-over or stock.

18x12 with a 6.5" back spacing. Mounts and clears either 87-88.

The 20x9.5 is mounted on #011 and I was too lazy to demonstrate.

Disclaimer: FOR DEMONSTRATION ONLY USING HRE WHEELS.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-18-2011).]

85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2011 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Curley

My question was:

What suspension are you using up front ?

The reason I ask is because the car looks really low.
Do the front tires hit the fenders while driving or going over bumps ?

Nice brake set up
How big are those rotors ?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2011 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85LAMB:

Curley

My question was:

What suspension are you using up front ?

The reason I ask is because the car looks really low.
Do the front tires hit the fenders while driving or going over bumps ?

Nice brake set up
How big are those rotors ?

Here: http://www.westshorefabrica...iero/KitCarSport.htm
It's the same set-up as many here uses. Mine were from 1999 when a different owner ran the company. I believe Lee has worked out the kinks with the Fiero set-up.

The rears only tap out when I have luggage and another 200 lbs person in the car beside me. I should have at least a 3-finger clearance in the rear and currently it's 2-fingers. The front are really too low and they too rub whenever I come across deep dips in the road and currently I have less than 1-finger clearance. I should have at least 2-finger clearance. I notice that it's starting to rub more so now because I have the spare up front and I switched over to 235/35/19. Use to have 225/35/19 but they are just too small for my chopper.

I plan on getting a set of rears (285/30/20) next week and that's when I'll raise the car, but I really like the way it sits now. As for "dips" there's only two places and it's near Hart Flat, CA (where the pavement and bridge meet) and the other one is on 92 hwy. At 92 is where there's major dip in the section where the asphalt meets the concrete, which seems to the problem everywhere. I may need new shocks too since this chopper has many miles on it.

Edit: 13" rotors on all corners.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-19-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2011 02:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Comparison continued:

20x11. Not digging the ugliness in the back.

20x12. Learned from previous wheels and had the back side polished w/clear coat.

18x12. painted backs.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2011 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
I dropped off #020 at the paint shop around 15:00 hrs or so. I thought I had forgotten my cell phone so I headed back to the shop a little after 5pm. When I arrived #020 was parked inside and two of the employees were standing there pondering over all of the various items that were done to the car. One of the senior workers was standing with Richard (the one who is to work on the car) looking. I don't know how long they were looking, but they didn't expect me so I over heard part of the conversation which was, "Can you believe this is a Pontiac Fiero?"

Richard (who initially took down all of the information) was trying to figure out all of the various parts on the car. First off he didn't know that the headlamps were from a C5, but from something else. I guess he was trying to take in so much info that when he walked a few inches he found something else he didn't notice at first. I systematically went through a few of the items from the front to the back with both of them studying. I posed a couple of question if they knew what certain parts where from. The mirrors were easy but that body parts were really hard, so after guessing I told them.

Some if not many they over looked because it was just too much info to take in. I asked were the reflectors were from, the wing, the rear bumper vent (just to name of few) and they didn't know. Some items you just had to tell them like the wiper blade, hips, and door shelf. The senior worker had to ask, "Were in the world did you come up with these ideas?" He took several pictures of the car (front to back) to show his son. I told him it all started on mock-up car and it took off from there and now they sell a kit similar to this.

Richard threw out a price tag to build one like this around 20K. I said, "Okay" thinking to me, "Well, that’s enough to get you started. Anyway, after telling them there were at least 10 or more different parts from various cars they just shook their heads in disbelief. As I was leaving in #011 the senior worker saw me getting into the chopper. Well, that started another conversation about this car (in hind sight I think I should've bought the work car). As usual I got the same looks when driving down the street and when I gassed up. The wind was kicking up on Friday and my car cover blew off the Redux. I guess a couple of ricers were eye balling it. I used bungee cords to tie it down.

I called HRE regarding the refurbishing of the bent wheels I got several years back.

I already have set of hubs made by Eric (HM Motor sports) so it should be an easy tweak. I'll check back in on Monday to see how much the shop has done.

------------------

"Life is too short to drive stock."

PFF
System Bot
cornersonrails

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2011 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[B]Originally posted by Madcurl

Well she is in for paint! should put her back together in about a week or so. Pictures to follow.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2011 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well she is in for paint! should put her back together in about a week or so. Pictures to follow.

It appears that 2011 is the year for painting chop top Fieros.
cornersonrails

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2011 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Paint is coming along nicley and hope to have her back by the end of the week. The painter has taken a bunch of pictures that he said he will be sending me. I went and visited the car yesterday and the guy made a confession that he has been searching for a project Fiero since getting my car in and has been talking with some guy out in Ohio with one with a big block?? ...hehehe. I will post more when I know it.

edit: spelling

[This message has been edited by cornersonrails (edited 11-27-2011).]

85sliverGT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2011 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

At WCF. Since #020 is headed to the paint shop I decided to do some bling cleaning.

Do your wheels ever rub madcurl? Doesn't look like there's much room left for suspension travel
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2011 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85sliverGT:

Do your wheels ever rub madcurl? Doesn't look like there's much room left for suspension travel

Only during big dips while traveling beyond 45mph (on 92 and 58). The HREs are tucked inside the wheel well and the 235s are rolled.

I'm sure that the wheels wells show signs of rubbing, but I dig the look and stance. I've been telling myself to raise it 1-turn, but I haven't gotten around to doing it. There's two dips that I frequent. Here's one of them. LOL.

Dip on hwy 92. CALTRANS refusal to fix the dip has been a thorn in my side for years! The speed is 45mph, but going down hill you can easily reach speeds of 50+.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-27-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2011 03:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HWY1 near Daly City. There was a Boy Scout stand and two young boys were checking out the ride.

cornersonrails

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2011 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well as stated in Archies thread. #24 now has Paint! The mirros and deck vents I had powder coated black and the car color is Artic White with nothing added to the paint.

I used a very, very cheap paint where the whole kit was under $300.00....lol. I know , I know but this is a daily driver for me and is not babied. I expect rock chips and everything else.
shawnk

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2011 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkSend a Private Message to shawnkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ypu should plastic wrap the bumper to gaurd against chips
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2011 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well as stated in Archies thread. #24 now has Paint! The mirros and deck vents I had powder coated black and the car color is Artic White with nothing added to the paint.

Looking good. We need to get together & get some pics of our White ChopTop MadArch WideBodies.

P.S. Hey, You left your headlights on.

Archie
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 37 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock