Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  CHOPTOP CHRONICLES (Page 21)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 37 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
CHOPTOP CHRONICLES by madcurl
Started on: 04-11-2004 08:47 PM
Replies: 1450 (108038 views)
Last post by: Thegayguy1 on 02-11-2024 04:58 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2009 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A brief conversation with someone of the street today regarding #020. Apparently he knew at V8Archie, but didn't know exactly what's is and what isn't involved with the Mad-Arch kit. I only took a few minutes for I had to go to work, but I think he liked the kit and I showed him the details of what your getting. As always, you don't get what you see and I have to let him know that the glass, nose and a few body mods are different.

He also wanted to know about the engine and what type V8Archie installs.... which was a bit strange. Anyway, I told him Archie only installs chevy V8s, but you can put what you want in the back. I guess seeing the the N* threw him for a loop? Anyway, a good 5-minute conversation and I was off to work with pizza in tow, hehe.
IP: Logged
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Some goodies i recieved along with my choptop. Thanks Archie.

One T-shirt for me and one for the girlfriend, plus a pictorial CD detailing all the work done by Archie and crew on #4
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just for perspective the community mailbox for my street is directly in front of my house.

Mailman - Yells from his truck " Heyyyyyy is that a Pontiac " ?

Me - Yes.

He then jumps out of his truck and comes over to the car where i just finished vacumming with the music bumping.

Mailman - " a pontiac fiero ??! "

Me - (Thinks well at least he got it right first time out of the gate) "Yes"

Mailman - Wow what year ?

Me - 85

MM - i haven't seen one of these in a long time ,..does it run ?

Me - Certianly

He then began to fire off a zillion questions about the car, the engine being a 4 cylinder ( i corrected him, v-6), and the chop. He noticed it was low, but couldn't figure out why. i told him about the CFF fiero club and about how others on Pennocks do vette engines, northstars, and 3800 engines.

The lambo doors kind of really caught his eye. i showed him some pictures i had on hand of the widebody kit i want to install.
He seemed quite excited by the whole encounter and said he was anxious to see it when i was finished.

Right before he left he remembered that there is a young girl with a nice red fiero on one of his nearby routes.
I think the car is burgandy cause i remember seeing a girl about a year or so ago driving a very nice, almost new looking, notchie in my area, but i have never seen it since.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 01-26-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Just for perspective the community mailbox for my street is directly in front of my house.

Wait until #004 hits the streets. You'll get plenty of comments. Some people will guess it right while others won't.

Today, while at Starbucks a young guy (maybe 20-21 yrs old) asked about #020's nice exhaust sound. He peep'd me coming in town late at night while the import kids hang out at the local 7-11 store viewing each others cars. Me-coming off a small hill, I down shifted to reduce the speed to 35mph and the rumble of the N* perked their ears. He asked what type of exhaust system, but I had to tell him, "it's not your off the shelf system," but is a custom unit using various components." The young guy owns a sleek looking SRT Neon.
GODFATHER

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pulled the car out so I can clean up my garage. I layed the panels on so I can get some pics. All of the major fiberglassing is done just have to do body filler and make the seams match then primer.

[This message has been edited by GODFATHER (edited 01-27-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Coming along nicely Godfather. I notice your going for a different type of headlamp system... is it the 300Z? Do you think your car will be painted by D9 show?
GODFATHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope to have it in primer by D9. I want to drive it before paint because I still need some more idea's on side markers and rear tail lights. And yeah 300zx headlights will be installed. I haven't been doing much body work on it since the temp. been in the 50's but its starting to warm up so I hope to make some head way in the next couple of weeks.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2009 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I drove #020 late last night 2am. A squad car was parked in the dark at the corner and he heard something that sound like a V8.... so he followed me.

I turn off and entered a shopping center to unload my DVDs from Blockbuster and get some cash from the local ATM. However, the officer kept on going, but quickly at the light made a u-turn and entered the parking lot blocking #020.

During which I exited #020 and was walking towards the ATM and he got out and asked could he check out my car (not investigating), but to look at the car (good thing I don't smoke the Chronic).

I got my cash from the ATM, dropped the DVDs in the drop box, and walked over to #020. The first thing the officer said, "So what was the original car and what is it now?"

Okay, 10-15 minutes later the officer was some what puzzled for I explaned that ever body mod is actually a original Fiero part, but pulled out from the car or re-arranged. It was complete silence for a few seconds while he took in the information.

I continued to point out other parts that aren't Fiero, but the last thing that intriged the officer was, "it's a Fiero and Fieros don't have V8s." He saw he N* sittin pretty thus additional minutes went bye.

The officer took a cell phone picture and asked who did the work..... He never knew that the car was chopped nor did he mention that something (other than body modification) the roof was changed or odd.

edit: I can't spell.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-01-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2009 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
While on hwy 58 entering Bakersfield, CA a group of kids (teenagers) passed me, but soon slowed down to check out #020. A girl in the back seat lowered her window and gave me the . I honked my horn and we split in different directions.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2009 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
During a U-turn today on my way from lunch, a young officer name Beal followed me to work 2-blocks away. I parked and he pulled up next to me. Most of the local cops are pretty cool and had seen the car in town while coming in late at night or in the morning at the local Starbucks.

Officer: What type of car is that?
Me: A 25-yr old Pontiac Fiero.
Officer: What!!!

15-minutes later the officer knew everything about the car and he was amazed as-to all the little details and parts. Keep in mind, people were staring while we talked and some even honked there horns. He agreed with my reason for leaving the “PONTIAC” tail lamps because by running my plates the car would be in question (tags/plates). Anyway, a cool guy who just wanted to know what type of car it was.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-05-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2009 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any updates?

PFF
System Bot
GODFATHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2009 07:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just finishing up on the bodywork from the windshield back. I'll be consentrating on the frt next week.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2009 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GODFATHER:

Just finishing up on the bodywork from the windshield back. I'll be consentrating on the frt next week.

Sounds good (don't forget the pics).

side note; driving #020 over the weekend- I parked at the local pizza joint. A women who saw me getting out of the chopper asked, "Where's the local strip club?" I chuckled for a moment (trying to hold-back from laughing out loud)- I told her, "I have no idea" but instead focused on the three girls getting out of their Lexus wearing a micro mini dress. Next door to the pizza joint; there's a club/bar/band that mainly serves 21-25-ish youngins.

#020; driving during heavy rains in CA.

No problems. No over-heating issues, venting okay, with little water inside the engine compartment (due to the 350 side vents). I have notice water shoting from underneath the car onto the passenger side (where the battery used to be), but only little droplites and during heavy down pores. Having glass in the back is great- you can see potential problems before they start.
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2009 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looking great Godfather!
you have passed me up. I will get mine going again as soon as people start getting back to work and building again.

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 02-25-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2009 03:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today was a very good day. The weather was pretty good for garage tweaking, so I decided to started the day where I left off (last week) on #020 driver's side dash and it's my final phase prior to the stereo shop. Measure, cut, fiberglass- walk away come back in 1-hour, repeat.... boring. I decided (while fiberglass was drying) to get started on #015 air intake. The 4.6 has a 3.5" throttle body and I think I'll need a 35% turn, a 5" straight pipe and another 35% out towards the side vents. I cheated using PVC pipe from the hardware store as a tool prior to buying the chrome tubing.

out with the old;

I'll need to order a K&N air filter.
Side note: Monday night I stopped off at a local gas station. A guy name Roy (some type of producer/director) come over to ask about #020. Roy thought it was a Fiero, but wasn't sure (gotta love the tail lamps). He saw me pass him on the freeway and it just so happened we both stop at the same place. 15-minutes later he know all about V8Archie and the Mad-Arch widebody kit. He didn't know the car was chopped. He gave me his business card and told me to give him a call once the car is finished.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2009 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Due to having too much fun driving the chopper, I decided to park #020 and take a brief rest and enjoy the quiet sound of the Eclipse's 4-banger engine and it's incogitoness. Besides, I need to check out some rims I wanted to buy and I don't want to dude to see my car and then decide to jack-up the price. Also, GM parts department still hasn't delivered those side marker lamp wires. I think he's stalling.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 03-04-2009).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2009 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I want one !!

Got the chance to see Fierocious GT's widebody choptop in person today and WOW !!!

This thing is going to definatly snap some necks. The new wheels really, really set it off !

Sorry no pics yet,..but soon hopefully. Congratulations Dave.
timcha

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2009 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timchaSend a Private Message to timchaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Question........with all of these works of art, I don't see any t-top chops........has anyone ever seen or done one? Is it possible? If so, I would love (when finances allow) to chop my beloved 86 GT.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2009 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by timcha:

Question........with all of these works of art, I don't see any t-top chops........has anyone ever seen or done one? Is it possible? If so, I would love (when finances allow) to chop my beloved 86 GT.

T tops? dont chop it! anything can be done but someone here tried it and I don't think it worked out well.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2009 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

whodeanie

3819 posts
Member since Jan 2008
the Chronicals continue,
I am back to work on the car now after about 3 months of not doing anything to it because of funds and time.
but I have a little of both again. I have been posting in my build again and hope to have way more to post by next monday.
for now I just wanted to post this teaser for the pic's to come monday!
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post03-20-2009 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You are going to love those tires. I have those, allbeit in a different size. They are quite sticky on our light weight cars. There is a bit of tireslap on the highway, but then again, these aren't luxury cars. The grip is completely tenacious!

Edit: The wheels are pretty nice also.
------------------

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 03-20-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2009 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

T tops? dont chop it! anything can be done but someone here tried it and I don't think it worked out well.

One word... GLASS

The Chop top is possible because the existing windshield is layed back allowing a stock windshield to be used. Consequently the roof gets shorter. A stock sunroof still fits, but there is no room for stock t-tops.

One solution would be to get a shorter windshield...that's what Will-Martin assumed when he chopped his t-top.

However you would need to at least have an idea what windshield you were going to use and chop around it. But Will more or less arbitrarily chopped the car with no windshiled. He had a glass guru lined up who said he could find a windshield to fit but the guru disappeared before that could happen.

I bought the car from Will thinking I could make it happen, but I sold the car before I did.

So as far as I know, it's possible, but no one has completed a chop top T-op
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2009 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

One word... GLASS

The Chop top is possible because the existing windshield is layed back allowing a stock windshield to be used. Consequently the roof gets shorter. A stock sunroof still fits, but there is no room for stock t-tops.

One solution would be to get a shorter windshield...that's what Will-Martin assumed when he chopped his t-top.

However you would need to at least have an idea what windshield you were going to use and chop around it. But Will more or less arbitrarily chopped the car with no windshiled. He had a glass guru lined up who said he could find a windshield to fit but the guru disappeared before that could happen.

I bought the car from Will thinking I could make it happen, but I sold the car before I did.

So as far as I know, it's possible, but no one has completed a chop top T-op

now that is sad! I own a glass shop and as far as windshields I have cut them down before. when I built my Lamborhhini kit I ended up cutting about 30 of them for the guy who made the body.
if you cut the top of the car to fit the t-tops would you not have to change every window except the tops?
I don't know because I have never worked on one but Glass I can do!
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2009 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

now that is sad! I own a glass shop and as far as windshields I have cut them down before. when I built my Lamborhhini kit I ended up cutting about 30 of them for the guy who made the body.
if you cut the top of the car to fit the t-tops would you not have to change every window except the tops?
I don't know because I have never worked on one but Glass I can do!

Could you make door glass for chop tops or guide us or point us to the vendor that could do the glass? As I understand it the problem is the curvature.

link: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...1/HTML/074795-3.html
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2009 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

Could you make door glass for chop tops or guide us or point us to the vendor that could do the glass? As I understand it the problem is the curvature.

link: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...1/HTML/074795-3.html

Troy, I have given Rodney all the help I could on the door glass.
for the Fiero I can only do the windshield and back glass. I think Rodney may be close to comming up with somthing.
we will see.

pss. a pic of my car with the wheels and tires finaly on it!

D.
ps. your car looks great! when are you going to get it? I may be going to Archies in April with Clay to get his car and I would love to see yours
if it is still there.

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 03-23-2009).]

DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2009 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your car is really starting to come together...........Great job so far. I'm pretty sure Troy’s car will be there until early May. You should make the trip to Archie's with Clay, let me know what day you guys are coming and I will drive up to meet you. I can check on the progress on the GBCT too.

------------------

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2009 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DL10:

Your car is really starting to come together...........Great job so far. I'm pretty sure Troy’s car will be there until early May. You should make the trip to Archie's with Clay, let me know what day you guys are coming and I will drive up to meet you. I can check on the progress on the GBCT too.

sounds like a plan! I will keep you posted.
D.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2009 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pss. a pic of my car with the wheels and tires finaly on it!

D.

Now that's a custom one-off ride! You can see the Fiero's DNA , but due to it's uniqueness it could be viewed as a newer car, especially with the tweaks and massive rollers. Great job Dean.

------------------

"I drive modified Fieros- anything less would be uncivilized."

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2009 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:
Now that's a custom one-off ride! You can see the Fiero's DNA , but due to it's uniqueness it could be viewed as a newer car, especially with the tweaks and massive rollers. Great job Dean.

Thanks Curly
it still has a long way to go but it is looking better all the time.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2009 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So Dean, what is next ?
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2009 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
So Dean, what is next ?

I think I am finaly done with the tweaks to the body now it is just a matter of finishing the body work to get in primer.
then I will work on the inside so I can drive it.
next up will be saving a bunch of money for my LS6/ F40
I have an extra cradle for the swap so I can drive the car with the 6 for now while I build the other one.
once I have everything together I will do it all at once.
as well as suspension and brake upgrades.
and last but not least tunes!

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2009 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PEEK-A-BOO !

While my fun monies are currently on hold, i decided i could still brainstorm and play around with some mockups while i wait for the ole wallet to reload.

Was an absolutely beautiful day today here in Orlando. At any rate i went out to my garage and began tinkering with some ideas on how to design my hood, decklid and dash. It is actually nice to be able to do it in your garage that way the nieghbors don't think you are totally crazy sitting and staring at the damn car for hours hehehehe.

At any rate it was such a beautiful day i decided to open up the garage, and enjoy the sunshine. Once done i turned my back to the road and returned to my tinkering.
A flick of the wrist and the driver side lambo door was open easy as could be.

Throughout the process my dog kept barking like a madman and i could not figure out what the deal was. I originally thought it was a stray cat that seems to be roaming the neighborhood.

After a while i began to realize it was a four wheeled one, and not a four legged, visitor that was causing the stir.

Nearly ever other car that passed the house, braked to a slow roll. After about 10 minutes of this rubber necking I was starting to get a bit paraniod and decided to close the garage.

Don't want too many people getting too curious just yet. Curly i am begining to see what you have been saying all along.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 03-26-2009).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2009 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL! I know what you are talking about every time I start a new project every teen in the neighborhood
ends up at my house to see it when I pull it out of the garage.
the exoctic kits are always good for that
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2009 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had #020 outside today and it got plenty of views from the neighborhood. A neighbor came by to see what I had in the back (for he could hear me coming a block away). Another neighbor wanted to know-- what I had in the back. Apparently, he thought #020 was a front engine car. Either way, today was a good day.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 03-28-2009).]

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2009 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Is that your new driveway around the house & into the back yard?

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2009 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Is that your new driveway around the house & into the back yard?

Archie

Yes. It's been a year since they laid the concrete down and I'm going to have extended concrete laid beyond the gate in a couple of months.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2009 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We shall return,........

D-9 came and went and not a single choptop in sight !!! Twas a sad, sad day indeed.

The superfriends in attendence gathered and vowed to never let this happen again.

(Left to Right: Dave aka FierociousGT, Tony aka exoticse, Dean aka whodeanie)

Come D-10 we will have our revenge,....hehehehe

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 03-29-2009).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2009 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Daytona was fun, now back to work.
I did find some nice parts for my car at the swapmeet in Daytona.
a set of Recaro seats for 200.00 and a fiberglass head liner for my car.

the seats are going to be redone in leather at a later date
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2009 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Went jogging with the girlfriend and the pooch the other day (Sunday) and one of my neighbors who lives around the corner was out fiddling with one of his toys, a really nice white late model trans am.

Now this guy has some toys, all look brand new ! The Trans AM, A Caddy XLR, an awesome tricked out truck, and my favorite, a slammed bright red corvette with sweet SSR rims !

He also had another slammed red corvette, that i used to see, but i later found out he sold it. I used to drool on myself driving by seeing those two low red beauties sitting in his driveway.

At any rate i had never talked to the guy as i had never really seen him out, just his cars. Well as we jogged by i was going to go over to talk to him, but then said no and backed off.

On the way back the gf eggs me on and says go for it, so i cross the street and approach him. Turns out to be a really, really super nice guy by the name of larry. He seemed a little leery at first, but once i introduced myself and the car talk started his eyes lit up like a pinball hehehe. He is a real car junkie, who enjoys driving his cars and not just looking at them.

We got to talking about his rides and i asked him about shows and mentioned Daytona, and he said oh crap i forgot that was this weekend, and i told him we just came back. Well at that point he asked if i worked on Vettes or cars and i said i have a little pontiac fiero that i am building and that is when his eyes really lit up !

He says he used to have an 86 GT and that was his favorite car and he wishes he still had it. He then asked what i was doing and i mentioned the choptop and widebody, and he looks a bit shocked and says" widebody !?? "

HIM: They have widebodies for those things now ?

Me: Yep.

HIM: If i had known that i would never have gotten rid of mine !

I then went on to tell him how troyboy recently stuffed an LS7 in one and how the various engine swaps had evolved.
He seemed very interested.

He gave me the lowdown on his vette and it had some ridiculous horespower, but i was more focused on his wheels. They are just what i want. Sorry no pics this time, maybe next. They are 3 piece SSR rims that look like curly's HRE rims, but the price was about half !!

So it looks like i made a new friend and a possible fiero re- convert hehehe. This guy could always use another toy.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 04-02-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2009 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I called Orville a few minutes ago to see how he's doing and he informed me that something exciting will happen in a few weeks-- stay tuned.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 37 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock