Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  CHOPTOP CHRONICLES (Page 20)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 37 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
CHOPTOP CHRONICLES by madcurl
Started on: 04-11-2004 08:47 PM
Replies: 1450 (108007 views)
Last post by: Thegayguy1 on 02-11-2024 04:58 PM
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2008 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

glad you took the time to explain that one...
There for a second I thought it was that ridiculous 'GM Mark of Excellence' badge or somesuch...
IP: Logged
Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2008 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Austrian Import:
Madcurl, did you take any pictures of Jay Leno's EcoJet interior? Dash, etc?

Not sure if Curley took any more of the interior, but here are a couple I took...

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2008 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierotaz:

you would think they could have put the box somewhere else. not inside of the car at a show. LOL
that is like throwing the dirty rags on the flor behind the front seat because you don't think people will see them there.
Austrian Import

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2008 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the interior. Very functional, and clean looking. I see Jay Leno likes Alcantara as well. (seems to be much in style lately. - Maybe it's because the newer batches are durable, unlike Alcantara of years past.)

The EcoJet dash reminds me a bit of the upcoming Lotus Evora's.

(2+2 seats mid-engined (engine behind driver))

[This message has been edited by Austrian Import (edited 11-24-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2008 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sunday night 00:45HR.Bambi, Rudolph, and the Arch Rival.

There I was traveling on the twisting and there I see Bambi and friends foraging near an opening along side the highway. I’ve been traveling this hwy for quiet some time so I’m aware of the areas where they like to come-out late at night, so before I traveled up the hill I took the car out of over drive and stepped down a gear allowing the engine to rev higher thereby alerting Bambi.

Bambi saw me and so too her companion, but the question is…..will they dart out in front of me? As usual I was a bit cautious during my approach, Bambi raised her head and then as if there was some type of agreement between animal and machine she continued to foraging. Okay, coast is cleared, right? NO.

As I was entering town, Rudolph (you know, the one with the red nose) was trotting in the middle of the road! To my surprise Rudolph turned his head (as if to comically jester) “I see you coming, but you’re okay to pass me on my right.” So, that’s just what I did. I swerved a bit to the right and passed while Rudolph continued trotting on the double yellow line. So far, #020's nose is okay.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-25-2008).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2008 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Godfather, any updates?
as far as mine I got the hinges on, my wheels will be here tuesday, and a friend picked me up a set of Hela Ferrari horns.
after turky day I will have 3 days to play with my car. maybe I will get something done for a change.
GODFATHER

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2008 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still working on the 300zx headlights. The lights are mounted I just got to figure out away to mount the hood hinges. It's got me baffled. Got my vdi hinges from Archie, I might take a break and install them and then go back to the hood. I won't be able to do anything till next week. Other projects to finish this weekend.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2008 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Christmas came early for me! look what just came today

I will test fit them tonight when I get home to make sure all is good before I have the tires mounted.
also I took some pics of the car outside and posted them on my thread.

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 12-01-2008).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2008 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anxiously awaiting the test fitting pics !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 12-02-2008).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2008 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Anxitously awaiting the test fitting pics !

they are posted on my build thread now!

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2008 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dells 2007; Hanging out with wide body friends.

Hmm. I wonder what my car would look like with a Mad-Arch kit?

Leroy thinking....hmm? Boy, I'd sure like a wide body, but if something were to happen along the way home..... like

Look what we've created. Troy's car is going home and Curley's is about finished. Yeah, we're done.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 12-03-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
fieroboom

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2008 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is a chop-in-progress ok?
I'm a little unorthodox, but it is being chopped... along with a metric crapton of other mods...
In the first image, I was using masking tape & some trigonometry to determine a fairly exact rake angle & angle difference with a given drop measurement (ie, 3" chop, or 2", etc).
Second image is my desired finished roofline in masking tape.
The other 3 images are post-chop. I went with 2" because I'm 6'4"...

------------------
Journal of a concept: http://southeastfieros.com

Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2008 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good luck on your chop fieroboom. If everything works out for me during the winter I'll be doing mine in late spring. Can't wait.

Dave
joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2008 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fieroboom, if you cut your b-pillar at an angle so it ends up at the top of your door you will have an a better angle for your windows. It's just something I wasn't happy with on my first chop and corrected on the second one.
fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2008 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Daredevil05:

Good luck on your chop fieroboom. If everything works out for me during the winter I'll be doing mine in late spring. Can't wait.

Dave

Thanks! Check out my site in my sig above if you wanna see the progress. I didn't wanna start a build thread cuz I'm not really doing anything interesting yet... at least I'm not sure if it'd be interesting to anyone.
fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2008 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fieroboom

2132 posts
Member since Oct 2008

Originally posted by joshua riedl:

fieroboom, if you cut your b-pillar at an angle so it ends up at the top of your door you will have an a better angle for your windows. It's just something I wasn't happy with on my first chop and corrected on the second one.

Well, if you look at my drawings, the B-pillars don't exist really... They'll be shaved back, the top of the door extended back, and a roll bar will come up basically across the firewall, because it's going to be a removable hardtop, like the image below. It's gonna suck getting door glass, but I'll cross that bridge later...

GODFATHER

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2008 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fieroboom, I noticed you have your doors off. Do you have the car supported in the center? With all the cutting your doing you don't want anything throwing your measurements off. Looks like you got a good start.
Joe
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2008 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More good time pics from the Dells 2007;

fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2008 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GODFATHER:

fieroboom, I noticed you have your doors off. Do you have the car supported in the center? With all the cutting your doing you don't want anything throwing your measurements off. Looks like you got a good start.
Joe

Yeah, it's not seeable in the images, but there are a few blocks of wood under the car at all four corners and in the center. It's the best I could do for a jig, and it seems to be working ok so far. Thanks for the props
So far, everything is laying out exactly as I expected it to, which is kinda starting to scare me... because if everything goes perfect to begin with, then it usually means a larger disaster later... at least for me anyway Oh well, pluggin away!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2008 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boom

From one chopper to another, good luck on the project !

You really should start a build thread, most would love to follow the progress.

BTW there seems to be a few rust issues, how do you plan to address those ?
fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2008 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boom

From one chopper to another, good luck on the project !

You really should start a build thread, most would love to follow the progress.

BTW there seems to be a few rust issues, how do you plan to address those ?

Thread started... *should* be in my sig...

------------------
Journal of a concept: http://southeastfieros.com
Build Thread

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2008 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jscott1,

There should be some good stories after that 100 mile jaunt in the new shoes !
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2008 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jscott1,

There should be some good stories after that 100 mile jaunt in the new shoes !

Not too much to report...but a crowd does tend form around a chop top

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2008 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Mad-Arch Christmas Poem
By madcurl

Twas the night before Christmas, when all through my V8 house, not a stock Fiero was stirring, not evens a mouse. Chop-tops were parked, in the garage with care, in hopes of Curley T, would soon be there.

The children were nestled; parked in their beds, while visions of chop-top chronicles, dance in my head. So with a flick of my wrist my doors started to lift, for I knew then, that this sleigh ride couldn’t be old St. Nicks.

As I sat in the seat and turn the key, the V8 started to whistle, while prancing at my feet. My eyes- they twinkled, for all my cars are tweaked! I shouted out a cry, "oh-damn this must be sweet!

Now Eleven! Now, fifth-teen! Now twenty! All were there. Each one sitting on 20's, with chrome rims popping everywhere. So fill your stockings, for the Mad-Arch kit is sweet, for now there's no need for any stock Fiero to become weak!

As I end this poem, for those who may seek. I give you this fare warning, for those who may weep. Make sure to tweak, and to call V8Archie next week.

"Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good-night!"

------------------

"Friends don't let friends drive stock"

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2008 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Awful quiet on the chronicle front.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2008 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Awful quiet on the chronicle front.

yah, someone needs to get thier car back to FL...........
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2008 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll owe Jscott a dinner if Tony get #004 at D9. If not, it's gonna be good eating at Outbacks, right Jscott?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2008 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

At the banquet the two ends of the Fiero spectrum met..."Friends don't let Friends drive stock" versus "Factory stock...the way God intended"

(sorry it's out of focus)
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2008 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

I'll owe Jscott a dinner if Tony get #004 at D9. If not, it's gonna be good eating at Outbacks, right Jscott?

It will be amazing if #004 can even make it back to Florida... What's the deal Tony??
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2008 03:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Guess whose coming to dinner? Leroy. We had good time chatting about our chop tops and what's in store for 2009. From the discussion I think Tony will need to step-up to the plate for D9. Due to limited time and painting-#013 and #020 will not attend the show. Dean, Godfather, Demancheo, and possibly JScott will have to represent the chop tops.

Leroy and I hung out at Outbacks in San Jose, CA. After dinner I was on my way down to southern CA and caught snow around 2300 feet. Good thing I wasn't driving on the morbidly phat 305s chop top tires.

I guess this is my first snowing for 2008, cool!

House and driveway covered in snow. I had to get a running start to get into my drive way.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 12-16-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2008 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Next day everything is all-good, except for the weather. It's 40 degrees outside.

#011, #015, & #020

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2008 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Next day everything is all-good, except for the weather. It's 40 degrees outside.

#011, #015, & #020

That is one sick garage ! hehehe

Daylight, daylight,...roll 'em out !
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2009 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I took #13 over to the pontiac dealer to get my tires filled with Nitrogen and you should have seen the smile on the techs face when he drove my car back up to the drive. There were some guys on a balcony that started yelling down questions about the car and we ended up talking for about 20 minutes.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2009 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got a few looks this week. I accidently rode the emergency brakes going down the hwy for about 1/4 mile, so when I pulled over smoke was billowing from the back (the rotors wasn't a flaming red). It was totally my fault since the gage indictated that the brakes was on.... duh! The technician locked the emegency brakes thinking #020 was a stick. I've only used my emergency when my car is parked up or down a hill.... it's a automatic.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 01-17-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2009 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I took #020 out for a spin and during so I snapped a few necks. The car receives many stares in and around the city and an I got a "thumbs-up" from a sports biker while I was stuck in traffic. Today a couple of delivery guys spotted me getting out of the chopper and asked me if it's a Fiero? I happily said, "Yes." He smiled and said it looked really good. On Sunday, a 2003-04 Corvette driver decided to test what I had under the trunk during a 6% grade going up hill... that was fun.

I'm digging the chrome plenum and I can't wait to "pop" the rest of the engine parts. The chrome plenum was a bit dirt dirty from the road dirt coming from under the car and towards to the vents. I used a wet cloth and wiped- followed by a semi dry cloth. The platting is holding-up and hasn't flaked or cracked from the heat of the N*. I sent a few items to Unique Chrome for platting.

Reason #2 for getting a 350Z glass…. To add some “pop to your chop.”

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 01-20-2009).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2009 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The neighbors must think i am crazy.
Fiero Owner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2009 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero OwnerSend a Private Message to Fiero OwnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So madcurl, if the engine cover gets dirty from driving for a bit, does the window get very dirty after driving for a while too?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2009 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
THEY START YOUNG:

Drying the chopper off after rinsing off all the dirt and two little figures sheepishly approach the end of my driveway. They say nothing to me, but talk amongst themselves:

Neighbor boy 1: Wowwwwww

Neighbor boy2: Whispers something inaudible

Neighbor boy 1 Responds in kind.

Neighbor boy 2: yelps i know what it is,...that is a lamborghini !!

Neighbor boy 1 No it isn't !!

They then proceed to scurry off, one on a bike the other on foot arguing the whole way.

Mind you these kids were like 7 years old,...how the heck do they know about lamborghinis ???

I guess it didn't hurt that i had the passenger side lambo door in the air hehehehehe

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 01-23-2009).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2009 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8649 posts
Member since Jun 2003

CHOPTOP EFFECT !

It's kind of funny that the first time i get to experience #4's " choptop effect " on people, that i am not even the one behind the wheel.

This morning AM/PM car carriers dropped my car off at a local shopping mall, because the double decker hauler needed a lot of room to unload. From there the truck driver drove the fiero and followed me in my other car back to my house, and i in return drove him back to his truck.

While he was behind me i could look in my side and rear view mirrors, and out the drivers window and watch the response of other drivers. Talk about Wow !

People were slowing down going the opposite direction, , riding beside the car, and pretty much doing anything to get a glimpse.

This is going to be fun !
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2009 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Owner:

So madcurl, if the engine cover gets dirty from driving for a bit, does the window get very dirty after driving for a while too?

Just the back window and the trunk lid (metal lid just below the lower portion of the 350Z glass). Hindsight, it would've been better to allow for a vent that way air could flow through this area.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 37 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock