Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  CHOPTOP CHRONICLES (Page 18)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 37 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
CHOPTOP CHRONICLES by madcurl
Started on: 04-11-2004 08:47 PM
Replies: 1450 (108038 views)
Last post by: Thegayguy1 on 02-11-2024 04:58 PM
Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2008 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are a couple at the gas station on the way out of town...BTW I averaged 27 mpg on the round trip from Phoenix to Flagstaff

[This message has been edited by Fierotaz (edited 10-26-2008).]

IP: Logged
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2008 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm baaaaack!

All is well with #020. No issues with the N* during the 2,800 miles or so. Along the way, I meet many people asking me about #020 and only two or three people knew what it was (because they'd owned a Fiero), but everyone else had no clue. I got plenty of "thumbs-up" while on the road and I took plenty of pictures.

If I may, let me discuss the last phase of my trip (a backwards Seinfeld episodes). I arrived in CA Saturday @ 03:15HRs from Flagstaff, AZ during our brief Super Friends Chop top meet. Meeting up with Leroy was the icing on the cake for he drove 2-hours just to see #020 and I too got a chance to see #013. We took plenty of pics and we even had one person hanging out until I arrived (I got lost trying to find Outback).

After 30 minutes of each other’s car we dinned one some nice juicy filet steaks at Outback’s (later Troy called) and we talked about our next chop top meet. After dinning I followed Leroy for additional picks at the gas station (oh yeah Leroy tail lamps look sweeter at night). During the gas-up the chop tops had a few people eye balling the cars. You can tell that both cars our made from the same kit, but each one uniquely tweaked.

After the "good byes," (20:00Hr) I was off to CA (7-hr trip). I drank a lot of Starbuck's double shot espresso at during my fill-ups (Flagstaff and Barstow). I arrived in TEH @ 03:00HRs and parked #020 next to #015 and #011... sweet! I until 05:00HR and went to bed. I woke up @ 08:00 for my drive to Fresno, CA. Before I took off I stopped for additional shots of espresso at Star back’s. I arrived in Fresno (Saturday) 11:00HR for alarm hook-up and stereo/speakers (I'll post picks later).

The center console worked performed by Kris (The Crew) was easy and to the point w/o issues. John (stereo installer) was pleased with the workmanship. I didn't get the color camera installed cause we were running out of time and the camera they had was "too big" (inside joke). I left Auto Sound Lab Saturday @ 18:00HRs and arrived in TEH @ 21:00HRs. I packed-up #020 for the Bay Area, but I had too much crap to haul so I opt out of driving it. I took off Sunday from TEH @ 05:00HR and arrived in the Bay Area @ 09:00HRs.

I think this was the best decision and it allowed me to reflex on #020 and I think I needed a break after driving nearly 3,000 miles! Besides, I wanted to be incognito mode from here out. Plus I need more clearance using the black out 18s for the fronts. #013 and #020 will meet-up again in NV in two weeks.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-26-2008).]

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2008 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DAMMIT.....I missed it. I was in Topock working at a PG&E site Tue-Thurs. I stopped in Barstow for gas also. If only I was a day or 2 behind schedule
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2008 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85duke:

Hey curly there is an outback here in chico and a very good chinese place in sac my treat. lol Still can't wait untill i can see your car.

I'll have to keep that in mind. I think I'm about a 100 miles from SAC, but I know some of guys here do have some type of Jelly bean run or something, so maybe we'll meet.

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

DAMMIT.....I missed it. I was in Topock working at a PG&E site Tue-Thurs. I stopped in Barstow for gas also. If only I was a day or 2 behind schedule

I'll give you a call in a few weeks. Once I get the black 547s rims shipped, I'll be back. Keep the grill warm!

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-26-2008).]

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2008 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:
I'll give you a call in a few weeks. Once I get the black 547s rims shipped, I'll be back. Keep the grill warm!

The grill has been warmed up for a long time
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2008 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

The grill has been warmed up for a long time

Cool. I need to check your build progress too!

Originally posted by exoticse:

Any curly sightings along the way ?

Hey Tony, you got mail.
rodneybooth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2008 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rodneyboothClick Here to visit rodneybooth's HomePageSend a Private Message to rodneyboothEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
#18 resurfaces! It has taken me three years to figure how to post. Well, that and a very busy schedule. I just installed an Archie G6 Kit and have been working on the car steadly. I am embarassed that with all the lurking, I have made under 20 posts. Anyway, i thought some pics were in order.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2008 02:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Travels of a madman,.... hehehehe !

Madcurl on the road with #20 after leaving Archies.

Curly stopping in Funk Grove, Illinios for a little rest.

Inside.

The view outside.

Will-Martin

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2008 07:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierotaz:

Well we met up and had a steak and a nice visit at Outback in Flagstaff. Here are a couple of pictures, there will be more posted in the morning.

HOLY COW!!!!!!! Those are two gorgeous cars!!! And to think they both started out with Fiero GT bodies! Great work guys, absolutely amazing.
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2008 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sooooo love the back of Leroy's car...
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2008 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
both of the cars look great! I am glad your trip went well with no problmes.
one question.........when are eather of those cars going to see somthing other than hot rod primer? LOL!
I know what Curly's plan is but what about the other?
any Ideas on a color?
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2008 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

I am glad your trip went well with no problmes.?

I had no issues with the N*, but along the way I had problems with IL hwy right before Funk Grove rest stop (the reason why I stopped in the first place).

When are eather of those cars going to see somthing other than hot rod primer? LOL!
I know what Curly's plan is but what about the other?
any Ideas on a color?

Leroy and I were going over the colors we'd picked and both cars will be painted prior to CTHC IV. #020 (I hope) is headed for paint in November 2008 and Leroy's prior to D9.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2008 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierotaz:

I averaged 27 mpg on the round trip from Phoenix to Flagstaff

That's pretty good Leroy. On #020 I averaged 28 mpg @ 77-82 mph.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2008 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More of #20 on the journey home.

Prior to leaving Archie's shop.

#20 at Auto Sound Lab getting the alarm installed.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 10-29-2008).]

rodneybooth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2008 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rodneyboothClick Here to visit rodneybooth's HomePageSend a Private Message to rodneyboothEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lots of thought in this design. Very, very creative and clean and slick. You should be very proud.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2008 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rodneybooth:

Lots of thought in this design. Very, very creative and clean and slick. You should be very proud.

Thanks.

Here's Jim88GT making the rounds with #010 at a local car show.

GODFATHER

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2008 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I just got to say it, that steering wheel has to go.

[This message has been edited by GODFATHER (edited 10-29-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2008 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GODFATHER:

I just got to say it, that steering wheel has to go.

I packed a MOMO sterring wheel, but the nearest shop that carried a MOMO adapter was two hours away in Chicago and none were for a Fiero.

New Mexico. #020 draws a crowd. The young kid's name is Billy. He asked me if he could sit in the choppper and later he dad asked too. I told him I'll send him a picture of them sitting inside the car, so they gave me their address. Cool.

(Thanks Thomas for resizing).

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-29-2008).]

blkpearl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2008 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blkpearlClick Here to visit blkpearl's HomePageSend a Private Message to blkpearlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have to give you credit Curly #20 has come together. For awhile now I thought it would not "flow" appropriately, but it has. That car is going to look Beautiful with a paint job. All I can say is nice mods and tastefully done. From the Corvette headlights I'm thinking Red? It would look fantastic in Red.

You really do show some great vision, and deep pockets

Well we have some Fiero's here in San Diego undergoing some massive changes now too. Fhakari's got a widebody kit, and I will next year too. We will need help on 19's and 20's and the choices. So please help with a thread I will start about where to buy wheels starting at 19x11 and up.

You is the man, and I love #13 that's my car in 9 month's but with a dog eared spoiler ala PPeater.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2008 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blkpearl:

I have to give you credit Curly #20 has come together. For awhile now I thought it would not "flow" appropriately, but it has. That car is going to look Beautiful with a paint job. All I can say is nice mods and tastefully done. From the Corvette headlights I'm thinking Red? It would look fantastic in Red.

You really do show some great vision, and deep pockets

Well we have some Fiero's here in San Diego undergoing some massive changes now too. Fhakari's got a widebody kit, and I will next year too. We will need help on 19's and 20's and the choices. So please help with a thread I will start about where to buy wheels starting at 19x11 and up.

You is the man, and I love #13 that's my car in 9 month's but with a dog eared spoiler ala PPeater.

Thanks for the compliment.

Yeah, no problem with 19/20 combos I'd love to help. Whodeanni and others too have alternative options using 19/20 too.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-30-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2008 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
At the upper Tip of Texas.

My brief stay in Armarrilo TX. I arrived 20:00Hrs and dinned at Hooter's. I got a hotel and rested for the night in route to Flagstaff. A chilly night stay in TX (high 20's) with frost on the car cover, but no issues with the N*. The defroster worked on que, but upon exiting the parking lot my front nose did "kiss thy earth." After breakfest I was off headed towards New Mexico.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-30-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2008 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
#020 entering AZ;

#020 seen between the legs, hehe. I didn't have time to take a picture of my favorites spot since I was trying to meet-up #013 in Flagstaff.

I finally mailed pictures (copies) to the young kid named "Billy" and his father. During my 3,000 mile exodus I ran into all types of peoples (young and old) with many taking pictures of the choptop. For the most part while getting refreshments I didn't have my camera with me, but people gathered around asking all types of questions.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-01-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2008 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Enjoying AZ; continued

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2008 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a quick update of my progress.

see my build for more.
I will have lambo doors & wheels soon.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2008 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

#020 seen between the legs, hehe. I didn't have time to take a picture of my favorites spot since I was trying to meet-up #013 in Flagstaff.

Flashback; #011 several yrs ago.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2008 03:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie and I hanging out. Discussion... choptops.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2008 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'll post some more later pip is not working right

Any new updates? are you getting a set of the VDI hinges also?
pic's ???????????????????
GODFATHER

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2008 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Any new updates? are you getting a set of the VDI hinges also?
pic's ???????????????????

Slow moving right now. I'm repairing my 300zx headlights, they where damaged from getting shipped. I should have more pic's and updates after this weekend. I ordered a set of VDI hinges from Archie. Madcurl made me do it. Madcurl feeds our addiction. LOL
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2008 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Slow moving right now. I'm repairing my 300zx headlights, they where damaged from getting shipped. I should have more pic's and updates after this weekend. I ordered a set of VDI hinges from Archie. Madcurl made me do it. Madcurl feeds our addiction. LOL

YES HE DOES! he is the kid our parents did not want us playing with. wait a minute we all were! LOL
has he asked you what mirrors you are going to use yet ?
I am still not sure on mine yet. I like the F430 mirrors but I called Ferrari yesterday and they want $2200.00 for the set so I think that is out.
I could just about do the V8 swap for that. I am still looking for other options. I will keep you posted if I find some that I like.
try to post some new pictures after this weekend. I will try to get some more new ones of mine then also. I get all weekend to work on mine so I might make some progress.
D.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2008 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

YES HE DOES! he is the kid our parents did not want us playing with. wait a minute we all were! LOL
has he asked you what mirrors you are going to use yet ?
I am still not sure on mine yet. I like the F430 mirrors but I called Ferrari yesterday and they want $2200.00 for the set so I think that is out.
I could just about do the V8 swap for that. I am still looking for other options. I will keep you posted if I find some that I like.
try to post some new pictures after this weekend. I will try to get some more new ones of mine then also. I get all weekend to work on mine so I might make some progress.
D.

Whodeanie,

If you want the ferrari mirrors go the salvage route ! That is what madcurl did and the set he got was fine, and tremendously cheaper.
Curly has some connections if you need them.

Don't even think about paying retail hehehehe.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2008 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Whodeanie,

If you want the ferrari mirrors go the salvage route ! That is what madcurl did and the set he got was fine, and tremendously cheaper.
Curly has some connections if you need them.

Don't even think about paying retail hehehehe.

Where have you been ?
I have talked to Curly and he is looking as well.
I talked to Archie yesterday and he said he was going to mount the first set of hinges on you car to get pic's and test them.
he was sick and he said he would be out of town today.
I can't wait to get mine. I sent him the rest of the money this week and he said they would be ready to ship next week.
D.
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2008 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Awesome news ! Can't wait to see my baby with wings !

Sorry i didn't know you had talked with curly about the salvage options.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2008 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Awesome news ! Can't wait to see my baby with wings !

Sorry i didn't know you had talked with curly about the salvage options.

I didnt mean it like that I was just wondering where you have been !

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2008 04:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SEMA, SEMA, SEMA!!!

Boy-o-boy was the SEMA a show great! Many new ideas for my next project, but first things first... I need to get #020 painted. Speaking of which, several car confirmed my original color for #020. I'm sticking to the Corvette example on the Mad-Arch thread. As for #015, that too was cleared for take-off. Leroy and I have plenty of pics revolving around tweaking the Fiero (what else did you think we were doing, hehe). I'll post on Friday once I burn a disc. Leroy should be arriving one-hour behind me so he'll most likely post on Friday too.

On another note. Guess who I ran into at SEMA?
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2008 04:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

SEMA, SEMA, SEMA!!!

On another note. Guess who I ran into at SEMA?

Alex (FieroGTRwideboby)?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2008 06:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

Alex (FieroGTRwideboby)?

No, but he has the fastest car on the forum.
gunslinger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2008 07:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gunslingerSend a Private Message to gunslingerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fiero X
Fiero38SC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2008 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero38SCSend a Private Message to Fiero38SCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RRunner?

Fastest straight line or around a track. You must be specific.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2008 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gunslinger:

Fiero X

Probably Fiero X,...... i thought i remember reading where he said he was going to SEMA also.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2008 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Leroy and I drove to the SEMA show in Las Vegas.

Chopper was washed; I was ready to roll.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-07-2008).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 37 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock