Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  CHOPTOP CHRONICLES (Page 15)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 37 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
CHOPTOP CHRONICLES by madcurl
Started on: 04-11-2004 08:47 PM
Replies: 1450 (108037 views)
Last post by: Thegayguy1 on 02-11-2024 04:58 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2008 05:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Took a ride in Orville's chopper and it was a blast! 0-60 was pretty fast if not faster than my N*. Take offs included some wheel spin and necks snap n' w/o the loud V8 noise from the exhaust and was some what quieter than a stock V6. During the 0-60 run the car remain straight w/o pulling to one side and no front wheel hop while the boost gauge kicked in on the monitor. The passenger side leg room was somewhat tight with maybe 2" from my knee caps and there was enough head room despite me wearing a hat. The drivers side had plenty of leg room and lateral movement.

The Honda mirrors looked really nice and aided in the over-all look of the car w/o being too noticeable. The PIAA headlamps worked really well with duel beams and duel turn signals. The Lexan side glass worked w/o the need for them to be coached into position. The cars stance was perfect using Held 1" drop spindles and Rodney's 1" drop ball joints and the car rode like stock. I did have additional pictures of my visit, but I somehow misplaced my SD memory card. I hope I left the slim card inside the chopper or else I'll need to pay Orville another visit.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-28-2008).]

IP: Logged
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2008 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Troyboy's adventures with the New York Corvette groupies.

Date: 2007 After the Dells show.
Event: A corvette show on the East Coast.

Troy has been holding out on his choptop adventures. A gang of Corvette sharks incircled #022 on his way to a showing along strip of hwy while cruising @60-7-MPH. A scout in a newer Corvette pulled up along side troy's driver side, starred for a moment and gave Troyboy the thumbs up. The corvette guy then pulled in front to view, then along side the passenger side, rolled back to the rear, and finally back to the drivers side.

He then gave the ole' finger move, pointing straight ahead for a quick goosing. Troy gave the head nood and before the 1.2.3.-go! The corvette had goosed it on 2. Troy dropped out of 6-gear and red lined it to 3th to reduce the distant, up to 4th, to the 5-th and between 5th and 6th he had passed the Covette and was somewhere in the triple digit range. The Corvette dude stayed back while a larger shark rolled near.

This time it was a Z06. A doctor with a 36k upgrade from one of those high perfomance after market companies whom GM send their customer's car directly to. They all ended at the car show in record time. They gathered around #022 to see what was under hood. Troy (being a smart Alex) opened up the hood. "Oh you wanted to look at the engine, huh?" He popped the deck lid and conversations got started. The first Corvette guy wanted to know why #022 was so quick since he knew about those quick burn motors. Troy later informed him it's been beefed-up. The guy in the Z06 had a duel turbo set-up with over 600HP.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 03-01-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2008 02:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
#013 enjoying the AZ rounds: From these angles the chotop looks like a new car from GM

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2008 07:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Troyboy's adventures with the New York Corvette groupies.

Date: 2007 After the Dells show.
Event: A corvette show on the East Coast.

The guy in the Z06 had a duel turbo set-up with over 600HP.

I'm sure he had way over 600 hp and that's why all I saw was Z06 tail lights. Man that ride was sweet, but the Union held it's own.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2008 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

I'm sure he had way over 600 hp and that's why all I saw was Z06 tail lights. Man that ride was sweet, but the Union held it's own.

Ahh, Troy you're too modest. The Corvette doc may have a sweat ride, but "the Sharks" where gathering around #022- a 20 year plus Fiero with white primer. The fact that "they" were looking upfront for the engine is hilarious. I'm sure this year, the Corvette guys will be suprised...again!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2008 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I did have additional pictures of my visit, but I somehow misplaced my SD memory card. I hope I left the slim card inside the chopper or else I'll need to pay Orville another visit.

Slim card found, hehe.

Laws of Misplacements: Like always, look for another item you've misplaced and you'll (eventually) find the other lost item. I found the slim card while moving the seat back to retrieve some important papers under the sear. The slim card was tucked in a tight spot behind the passenger seat; although I looked in the same spot several weeks ago.

Anyway, one of the concrete layers and I needed to head out to the Mojave Block company for brick, concrete (ect.) and I need to remove items from the seat and to push back the seat. As I was driving the work car backwards the worker got a glimpse of #015; although the front fenders and rockers were off the car, right away he recognize it as a Fiero. Before he got a chance to lick his chops and review the car, I closed the garage door. Business is business and I need my driveway fix ASAP and didn't want to spend several hours reviewing #011 and #015. Maybe next time; once the job is completed, I'll let him check-it-out.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 03-19-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2008 05:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Slim card found, hehe.

My 5 o'clock appointment; hey, I was 3 hours late, hehe.

The unveiling:

It's has Pontiac badges;

on the rear;

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 03-26-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2008 05:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
A nose similar to a Solstice;

A mirrors of an Bonnavell 3880SC

No need for the DMV inspector to check Orville's brake set-up; he saw the new rotors behind the 16s.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2008 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Orville revisited: Orville removed several inches of the mirror's legs stands (stubby now).

Normally the mirror stands might be idea for a wide body, but in this case reducing the stands fits perfect on Orville's chopper.

rear pic;

HC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2008 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HCClick Here to visit HC's HomePageSend a Private Message to HCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wtf? I don't think I like that... Do you have a better view of it?
blkpearl

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2008 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blkpearlClick Here to visit blkpearl's HomePageSend a Private Message to blkpearlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think Orville car is coming along nicely now. The paint looks great and the badges add finishing touches.

I would like to know if Orville started the swap including engine BEFORE ever meeting with the DMV for the start of registration/ inspection and then the SVN registration. Or whatever it's called. Anyone can tell me? that would be a big help.
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2008 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blkpearl:

I think Orville car is coming along nicely now. The paint looks great and the badges add finishing touches.

I would like to know if Orville started the swap including engine BEFORE ever meeting with the DMV for the start of registration/ inspection and then the SVN registration. Or whatever it's called. Anyone can tell me? that would be a big help.

If I may say, this isn't Orville's first swap, but is his third and therefor he knew all the details (prior) that involved regarding Smog rep/DMV, and CHP. In this case, Orville made the engine swap first and completed everything that you now see in the picture. In December 2007 he sought out DMV for proper SB100 paper work (misnamed?). The first week of January he was at DMV to receive his # sequence (500 per yr) and I think Orville was #380 something. I forgot which one came next, but CHP needed to make sure items are legit and not stolen, then back to Smog rep and I think, back to DMV. It seems like a "plan," but one of the agencies screwed up and that delayed the process.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2008 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curly is #11 rolling yet ?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2008 03:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Curly is #11 rolling yet ?

No, but I look at it every time I go out of the garage to fight with the contractor.

I did call Trendzs to see if my Eclipse mirror and rear reflectors arrive. The reflectors did arrive, but they sent them back thinking I wasn't going to pick them up. Now I have to order them all over again.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2008 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Gotta be some fresh stories out there somewhere ??
GODFATHER

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2008 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Soon. Very soon.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2008 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hanging out with friends; Steak N' Shake.

Discussing V8 engines, trannys, and choptop.

Bob Ryan (front left), (madcurl rear left)

Troyboy (front right), V8Archie (rear right)

Next night @ Outbacks Mark (firefox) joined the crew.

Sorry for the blurry pics. The waitress had the shakes.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-24-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2008 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Choptop additions: #022

It looks darn good and matches the choptop (recessed/Frenched-in)

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-24-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2008 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
The "Stinger" was in for some needed fixes prior to the 25th.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2008 06:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hanging out with Troyboy and going over various choptop modifications.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2008 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
While getting the slim card copied onto a disk at Kinko's one of the employees glanced down at one of the photos and asked what type of car that. I quickly told him it's a Fiero so he wanted to see the rest of the batch of pics and few minutes later he was asking more questions, but I had to go.

My visit back to chop top haven was "all good" and plenty of goodies to be viewed.

It seem like yesterday when there was a different attitude regarding the power steering unit, oh well progress waits for no one.
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2008 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More friends stopping in for some Steak N' Shake.

Paul V. on the left front and Chris on the front right.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-27-2008).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2008 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

guys any idea of how many choptops will be at the 25th ??
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2008 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
guys any idea of how many choptops will be at the 25th ??

I don't know, but #014 will be there. I just got off the cell with Jscott and his smiling from ear to ear about picking up his chopper from Archie's. They're about an 1-hr outside Machessney Park, IL heading toward TX (19 hr haul). People are viewing the car as they pass so, Jonathan may have some experiences to relate. Anyway, I'm happy for Jscott, its been just over 2-yrs and he's getting ready for the 25th.
Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2008 04:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't know, but #014 will be there. I just got off the cell with Jscott and his smiling from ear to ear about picking up his chopper from Archie's. They're about an 1-hr outside Machessney Park, IL heading toward TX (19 hr haul). People are viewing the car as they pass so, Jonathan may have some experiences to relate. Anyway, I'm happy for Jscott, its been just over 2-yrs and he's getting ready for the 25th.

Pics???
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2008 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will-Martin:

Pics???

Yeah, got lots of pics. However, he's been waiting a long time for this car to be presentable.

I'd like to let him post the 1st pics of the car once he gets home.

I do have this one to prove that he was here.

What's up with your car? How about an update.

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2008 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Archie

Looks like Jonathan has gotten younger in the pic, lost some weight, and is wearing a Caddy cap. I was on my tread mill today trying to loose some of my gut.
blkcofy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2008 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blkcofySend a Private Message to blkcofyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Orville revisited: Orville removed several inches of the mirror's legs stands (stubby now).

Madcurl....please tell me you took pictures of the interior!! I'm dying to see Orville's Grand Prix dash swap!

blkcofy
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2008 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blkcofy:

Madcurl....please tell me you took pictures of the interior!! I'm dying to see Orville's Grand Prix dash swap!

blkcofy

Look on Pg. 14.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-18-2008).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2008 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looks like Jonathan has gotten younger in the pic, lost some weight, and is wearing a Caddy cap. I was on my tread mill today trying to loose some of my gut.

Good eye! I wore the Caddy Cap to reinforce the fact that Archie has now installed a 4.9 almost from scratch. he he

On the road I got the usual questions..."is that a Lamborghini?" "no it's a Fiero"....puzzled look

"how fast is it?" etc.

A group formed at a gas station and all I hear yelling from the Mom is "Get away from the car, boys!"

Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2008 05:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, got lots of pics. However, he's been waiting a long time for this car to be presentable.

I'd like to let him post the 1st pics of the car once he gets home.

I do have this one to prove that he was here.

Archie

Sweet, MAN I just love the blue on this car. You guys sure did a good job up there Archie.

As for my car, not sure what the status is. It is still at Loyde's and after I get it back from him, I still have to redo the interior and finish the bodywork. Last month Loyde had the steering out, not sure what he is up to now. I will try to give him a call tomorrow.

--Will
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2008 05:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

As for my car, not sure what the status is. It is still at Loyde's and after I get it back from him, I still have to redo the interior and finish the bodywork. Last month Loyde had the steering out, not sure what he is up to now. I will try to give him a call tomorrow.

--Will

Will the chopper be ready for the 25th?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2008 05:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-20-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2008 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
A Perfect 10; Jim88Gt making the rounds at a local car in #010 chop top and wowing the crowd.

You get a perfect 10 in my book with this interior;

We need more pics from Jim, right?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-20-2008).]

Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2008 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Will the chopper be ready for the 25th?

Doubt it.
Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2008 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

Hey guys, straight from the horse's mouth - my car will be ready by the end of July. Pretty happy. Some big problems have been worked out on Loyde's behalf and I wish him the best!
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2008 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey guys, straight from the horse's mouth - my car will be ready by the end of July. Pretty happy. Some big problems have been worked out on Loyde's behalf and I wish him the best!

As a fastback??

Congratulations!!

Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2008 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

As a fastback??

Congratulations!!

No, I doubt the fastback will be done.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2008 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's Jim88Gt striking the "Pose" next to the Perfect 10 (#010).

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-04-2008).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2008 02:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Question from guy at the tire store...

"What kind of Pontiac is that?" (I'm still running with the stock taillights).

My answer, "Fiero"

He responds, "never heard of it."

(The guy appears to be about 20 years old)

I told him he probably wasn't born yet when they stopped making them.

"Is it fun to drive"

"You bet!"
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 37 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock