Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  CHOPTOP CHRONICLES (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 37 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
CHOPTOP CHRONICLES by madcurl
Started on: 04-11-2004 08:47 PM
Replies: 1450 (108008 views)
Last post by: Thegayguy1 on 02-11-2024 04:58 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2004 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's been a while since previous choptop owners have posted current or finished projects. We all know what Chester is doing to the "Dirty Rat" and me. But what about other choptop owners who don't post here often. Are there anthing new that you would like to add here? Pics? And for those who are thinking about getting their cars chopped, what are some of the modifications you plan on doing? Notchback or Fastback which one? IRM, Fiero warhouse molds, or Ausie's? What type of engine/trans package? Crate, LT1, LS1, Northstar, or 3800SC?

Disclaimer: this thead is intended for the solely perpose of entertaining and not to "inflame or to mock others" so please lets all get alone, Curley (a.k.a Madcurl)

CHOPTOP OWNERS:

DL10......whats new with your choptop? Summers here, have you come out to play?

GMGW3....whats the latest news with your choptop? pics please?

Jim88GT....anything you can share with us here, pics please?

The new owner of the "Stinger" What are some of your experiences since you've gottne that sweet ride?

Dirty Rat's........once your car is finished with the Targa top, will you go insane while driving it? I know I would!

Edit" #15

JScott: First 4.9 chopper

Sharona chopper:

Sharkman: Europes first choptop Fiero.

Archie, what are your thoughts on having a choptop in every state of the union?

Silver Choptop.....me? Polished the rims after a brief snow storm while going through NM. Cruised down to Audi Dealer for the flip-up mold on the audi 2003 TT. No one was there to try make me buy a new car...go figure its Easter Sunday perrrrfect!

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2004 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Patience, patience, patience.........

Jim

sqoach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2004 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What I want to know is how many choptops plan to be at the Wheatstock event in Topeka?
Will-Martin

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2004 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sqoach:

What I want to know is how many choptops plan to be at the Wheatstock event in Topeka?

I second that!!!

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2004 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A Chop is on my shopping list, and there hasn't been a firebird interior chop yet

hint obviously I'm not talking about choping my t-top.

------------------
If you find my advice useful, then please give me a positive rating, thanks...

1988 GT (Firebird Interior),1988 Coupe (Daily Driver), 1985 SE (Project Car), 1985 Coupe (parts car), Firebird Interior Installation Website

chester
From: State of insanity...moved in and comfortably numb...

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2004 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:
Dirty Rat's........once your car is finished with the Targa top, will you go insane while driving it? I know I would!

Hell yeah! I'm going to enjoy and drive it for a few while I work on my tail light mod. It's going to be another unique feature of the car. Once the door panels are installed and done, and the tail lights - it will be time to paint...I also have the interior to address - new carpet, and audio/video system including alarm of course. Later down the line it will sport the Held 13" brake system, but I have to a) let me wallet recover a bit and B) get some things done to Elvira’s car. She's been really patient with me... I think she deserves a nice mod - like maybe a convertible.

As far as Wheatstock goes - I don't think I'm going to make it. I have to save my remaining vacation time to attend my daughters wedding later this year..
I will however invade as many local car shows as I possibly can!

Later

Rob D.

------------------

The Dirty Rat
Chopped, dropped and just plain NASTY!
383 Stroker MPFI with N2O
1" Drop
3" Chop
11" Brakes
19" Motegi Roja's wrapped in BFGoodrich Gforce T/A KDW-2 rubber
RCC Coilover Suspension
Updated Jan 21 '04 www.dirtyratracing.org

[This message has been edited by chester (edited 04-12-2004).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2004 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sqoach:

If my car was in OK I would, however I drove that puppy back to CA. I plan on going to the West fest show in CA. Thats if hell don't break loose in Europe before I get back?

Fiero Redux car may be on its way to Archie's for the chop, if things are going right by then?

------------------

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2004 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by Jim88GT:

Patience, patience, patience.........

Jim

How much longer? 2-3 months? Near completion? 90% finished? A sneek-peek pic please?

Question: where are most of the Choptop located? Backeast, right? What ever happend to the PPE and the Gun metal gray Choptop?

------------------

SLAMMED87GT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2004 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SLAMMED87GTSend a Private Message to SLAMMED87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is also the 1st choptop Archie ever did, his name on PFF is...choptop.

Will be interesting to know WHERE these car will be at shows this summer.

------------------
'87GT auto MODS!, 3" Drop on 17's, 3800 Turbo on the way....
'95 Eagle Talon TSi AWD Turbo 5-spd
'90 Plymouth Laser RS FWD Turbo 5-spd

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2004 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Experiences: (Person) see wall paper. Uhhh.......thats a Fiero, I haven't seen one of those in a long time. (Me) Yeah, there still around, but mine has a V8 in it. (person) hah? How does that fit in a Fiero? (me) Ahhh GM designed it that way, some race car guro's there had future plans or something. (person) Well I guess one would need to beef-up the brakes and suspenion? (me) yeah, most due with custom or Corvette brakes and suspenion. Some usually have a LT1, I have just the "old" mans N*motor. (person) Silence.........I didn't know that the doors open like that on a Fiero? (me) yeah, if you want them too, hehehe. I later click-onto Pennnocks. (person) what web site is this. He scrolls through site that Songman posted. (me) he had to leave due other people that I needed to see, but he did remember the name "Pennock's."

This was a brief conversation for about 2-4 minutes so I didn't go into detail. Hehehehe....what's so good about the conversation.....he didn't even notice the chop. Good Work V8 Archie for making a kit thats "looks" like it belongs there!
I'm going into Audi dealer again for next project. I need to buy those darn flip-ups for the dash. I'll park it on the side of the Porsche/Audi show room, hehehe. This usually brings out one or two salemens. Only this time it well be "deja vu" with the Audi 2003 TT gauges in! Hello!

------------------

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-12-2004).]

ChopTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2004 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChopTopSend a Private Message to ChopTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Actually I think I may be around number 3. The first choptop I remember seeing was in a FOCOA issue back in the early 90s. That convinced me to chop my Fiero, but the car was in CA, way farther then I was willing to drive to have my car modified. The second one I remember seeing was the Purple Pavement Eater that was done by the late Rick Warber who worked for or showed Archie how to chop the Fiero. Chicago's about a 4 hour drive for me so I drove it down in the fall of 95 and picked it up in the spring of 96. My 85SE was a non-sunroof coupe, but I took along an original sunroof with me and it was installed at the time of the chop. Since then I haven't done much and it sits in the garage. I did lower it, went to the aero fascia's (now back to 87/88 couple fascias), installed Beretta GT cross lace wheels, and that's it. This past winter I got ambitious and removed all the body panels to prep for paint, but that's as far as I've gotten. My problem is one it warms up I don't want to be in the garage, I'd rather be out and about enjoying the nice weather for the short amount of time we have it here in Michigan. I thought about selling it a few times but then I think of how nice it will look once it's finished. Time will tell.
PFF
System Bot
Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2004 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
for what it's worth, mine is sitting in my brother's back yard. bettween military, marriage, moving and 2nd shift work, i haven't messed with it in over a year.

i've brought body engine, interior, suspension parts and wheels that i could list but the short story is it's an unfinished project and i don't know when i'll get back to it. i do hope to though.

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2004 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We need to start a foundation to support the Chop Projects that are just sitting idle waiting for their owners to come to their rescue. I know the feeling about not wanting to be in the garage when the weather is nice. Around here that would be the winter time
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2004 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

We need to start a foundation to support the Chop Projects that are just sitting idle waiting for their owners to come to their rescue. I know the feeling about not wanting to be in the garage when the weather is nice. Around here that would be the winter time

I've found that the best time for ones car to be in the shop is during the winter months. I brought mine to Archie in November and Car Excess in November.

------------------

The_Ikon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2004 02:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The_IkonClick Here to visit The_Ikon's HomePageSend a Private Message to The_IkonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, Chopped guys. Is there a blue print of specs out there for chopping the tops of a Fiero? Or is it strictly confidential? I showed my body man a few of your cars and he said he can do it(he's the same guy that chopped my Karmann Ghia). However he said if he had some guide line info, it'll be much easier.

I'm not planning on a chop anytime soon, however for the rest of us drooling over your chops, we'll like to know. Or at least I would!!! Is there any plans out there? LOL..

Please share..... Oh by the way your cars are sweet.. As if you did not know it....

The Ikon

------------------
85' Fiero 5spd notchback
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bigtime1911/album?.tok=phlWNyABDV9Lapf.&.dir=/2a9c&.src=ph

65' Karmann Ghia
http://photos.yahoo.com/the_ikon1911

Jaguar XJ8 L
Audi A6 Quattro
Jeep CJ7
Lexus SC 400 *Best car ever RIP

XRacer Pro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2004 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XRacer ProClick Here to visit XRacer Pro's HomePageSend a Private Message to XRacer ProEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone done a chop on a 308 rebody?? If not, that may be my next winter project!!
DjDraggin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2004 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DjDragginSend a Private Message to DjDragginEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yeah I've been wondering that for a while, and talked it over with many. It could be done but would require extensive fiberglass reworking. Like our black side window vents, the whole rear fiberglass boot the louvers mount to (like fastback part). But man would it bring our cars just that much closer to real. (Imagine chopping a stinger!! and add the half window by the side mirrors!! Perfect!!) But I can keep dreaming at least.. projects projects!!
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2004 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm surprised there haven't been more choptop notchbacks. The stinger turned out so good, I think it looks better than a GT chop, myself. Has a more angular, arrow shaped look to it.

Hmm. But a targa for my Formula.... Now THAT would be sweet. Don't need the choptop. I barely have enough headroom as it is.

DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2004 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've got a few new mods planned for the GBCT, but for now I'm just driving the tires off of it.

------------------

Reality

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2004 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RealityClick Here to visit Reality's HomePageSend a Private Message to RealityEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well finally got it to work!

Thanks Rob!

Here yeah go Curly wasn't sure if you wanted an updated sig or not but I was bored anyway.

------------------

Get the Wallpapers here! and Get the T-Shirts here!

[This message has been edited by Reality (edited 04-13-2004).]

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2004 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by The_Ikon:

Hey, Chopped guys. Is there a blue print of specs out there for chopping the tops of a Fiero? Or is it strictly confidential? I showed my body man a few of your cars and he said he can do it(he's the same guy that chopped my Karmann Ghia). However he said if he had some guide line info, it'll be much easier.

I'm not planning on a chop anytime soon, however for the rest of us drooling over your chops, we'll like to know. Or at least I would!!! Is there any plans out there? LOL..

There's only two guys who really know all the "secrets" to chopping a Fiero... one is obviously V8Archie who has done pretty much all the well-known ones, then Orville out in California has done some interesting chop'd projects. And then there's also Driven Visions here in Minnesota - who was starting his own recently and is learning as he goes: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/045869.html ...but there are no "plans" available - so yeah, you could say they're rather "confidential"

As for what's going on with GTGeff and his new toy "Stinger" - he's been doing lots of cleaning and a few minor changes & revisions here and there... and then he showcased the car with our MFF booth at the Mpls World of Wheels show: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/039932.html

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

PFF
System Bot
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2004 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Reality:

Thanks Rob!

Here yeah go Curly wasn't sure if you wanted an updated sig or not but I was bored anyway.

*BUMP* & Sweet! Glad to see that it worked out as intended!

BTW: I thought everyone would probably get a kick out of this old pic now that MadCurl's car is "done"

from: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000001/HTML/20020825-2-018538.html

...is that forshadowing or what?

[This message has been edited by MinnGreenGT (edited 04-13-2004).]

Philphine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2004 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
there's also the guy in canada who did the real low one himself.
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2004 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Philphine:

there's also the guy in canada who did the real low one himself.

Oh yeah... I know he mentioned along the way that he was considering selling it - but I also recall he mentioned thinking of doing a 3800 or V8 swap. Wonder what he's up to now...?

This 1st thread (not the most friendly): //www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20020825-1-016703.html
And a later one: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20030531-1-024862.html

[This message has been edited by MinnGreenGT (edited 04-13-2004).]

XRacer Pro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2004 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XRacer ProClick Here to visit XRacer Pro's HomePageSend a Private Message to XRacer ProEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My homage to Curly's choptop...

From: Between The ATL and Augusta in a land of deer and cows

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2004 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 007Send a Private Message to 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That (XRacer Pro's pic above)is pretty darn cool!!
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2004 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

That's sexy because it's homemade.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2004 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i usually try to never say anything bad about someone else' car, but in this case,...

Every time i see that red chop top gone wrong it's like someone scraping a chalkboard with fingernails.

You have to be lying flat on your back to drive that thing !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 04-14-2004).]

evil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2004 03:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for evilSend a Private Message to evilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i was changing a clutch in that "breif" snow storm!
opm2000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2004 06:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for opm2000Click Here to visit opm2000's HomePageSend a Private Message to opm2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's not that difficult to do. It just takes time.

David Breeze

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2004 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Reality:

Thanks Rob!

Man, both pics are great. Reality's is straight and to the point and XRacer Pro is more "blade runner" like? Hmmmm.......?

Thats guys.

Chronicles updates: On my way to Bakersfield CA to check on the fiero Redux, I stop in Morgan Hill to get some gas. In doing so, a nice guy heard the V8 as I down shited into a lower gear. He later followed the roar and glanced at the car. He's jaw nearly hit the ground. He's daughter said that the car was a exotic or something? Here dad said, why does it say Pontiac in the back then?

Well you all know the rest. 15 minutes later he learned several new names that day, V8Archie and D1S. He was shocked when i told him that there are faster and prettier looking fiero than mine and one with a "targa top." Hello!

------------------

PFF
System Bot
Coinage

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2004 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoinageClick Here to visit Coinage's HomePageSend a Private Message to CoinageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

down shited

lol...cool story was the daughter goodlooking?

[This message has been edited by Coinage (edited 04-14-2004).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2004 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

He was shocked when i told him that there are faster and prettier looking fiero than mine and one with a "targa top." Hello!

Why did you lie to him ?!!??

There are no better looking fieros than yours !

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2004 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Why did you lie to him ?!!??

There are no better looking fieros than yours !

Hmmm....everybody has thier pics, however the "Dirty Rats is on a mission" and he ain't finished yet. I've been following his thread since he started and one can "see" where his car is headed. Black/pearled and flamed out and sport'n a targa should make his car look "black knight-ish" and true "race car-ish"? Also His engine compartment is all chromed out comparred to mine.

Mine is a little more "laid back-ish" or "bling-ish." One car looks like it's ready get onto the track and the other one looks like it's headed down PCH. Everthing else is just a toss-up, but one thing is for sure, GM should be proud of those who take their Fiero to higher limits.

------------------

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2004 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
News Flash!!!!!!!!

Choptop gets thumbs up from the import crowd.

A friend of mine posted the site of Pennock's Fiero Forum on their web page. It's like Pennock's but just imports. I was thinking nothing of it until he told that they all approved. He mentioned that I should put it into the upcomming Hot Import Night show in San Mateo CA.

I declined, due to it needing a paint, trunk, and interior carpeting.

------------------

Philphine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2004 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i just came back from lunch (2nd shift) and got a compliment on my convertible from some young guys. not sure how sincere it was but it's nice to think young people like it anyway.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2004 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Philphine:

i just came back from lunch (2nd shift) and got a compliment on my convertible from some young guys. not sure how sincere it was but it's nice to think young people like it anyway.

Philpine,

I know it is not finished but do you have any pics at all of your chop top fiero ?

Also that convertible you spoke of, is it a fiero also ? pics ??

Tony aka exoticse

87GTBro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2004 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GTBroSend a Private Message to 87GTBroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is the round-about figure for the cost of having Archie chop your top? i.e. How much does he charge?

------------------

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2004 02:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87GTBro:

What is the round-about figure for the cost of having Archie chop your top? i.e. How much does he charge?

about 4 K,... a little more for paint, a little less if you do the interior.

Philphine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2004 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Philpine,

I know it is not finished but do you have any pics at all of your chop top fiero ?

Also that convertible you spoke of, is it a fiero also ? pics ??

Tony aka exoticse

i have neither of either (working on my rap skills). i had pic capability for a short time and lost it again. there are pics of both in the archives. there are chop top pics from where fierodave was first selling it. he got it in a deal of a bunch of fieros and parts and no one seems to know who did the chop. i've made some changes but it shows how i got it. it's gonna be different from anyone elses, good or bad, cause so many unusual things were done that i can't and/or don't want to reverse. if i ever get to the point of showing it expect plenty of "ricer" comments.

the convertible pics are in the archives also. kind of blurry (like i said, i had pic capabilty for so short a time i never got good at it). i think in about three threads. some that were posted for me, some from when i put wire wheels on it (yes, they're a normal size and offset. people seem to automaticly think up the worst image they can), and some in the tech archives from a top down passenger compartment cooling project.

some semi good news is i'm moving soon. so while i anticipate being really broke, i'm hoping i can at least have a place to work on adding the parts i have for the chopper already.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 37 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock