Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  What's Up at Archie's (Page 69)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What's Up at Archie's by Archie
Started on: 12-28-2002 01:35 PM
Replies: 3125 (350159 views)
Last post by: RACE on 03-12-2024 12:13 AM
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2011 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I also think you should order more windows. I'm still farting around with my aftermarket seats trying to get them to sit lower and still be comfortable so I can order my choptop kit .

EDIT - And yes I OWN page 69. Can't get a better page than 69. I could read page 69 all day long.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Custom2M4 (edited 09-09-2011).]

IP: Logged
el_roy1985

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2011 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for el_roy1985Send a Private Message to el_roy1985Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be doing a chop top eventually, and it sure would be nice to be able to get some windows for it. Don't remember the price at all, but I'm sure I'd do whatever I needed to save up for them.
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2011 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tomorrow is FieroRama.

A sneek peek for those that won't be there.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 02-22-2012).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2011 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

vERY COOL !

New tail lights,..details, details !
rcp builders

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2011 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are those new Camaro tail lights? Notchie widebody is looking real nice. Great job, Ray
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2011 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rcp builders:

Are those new Camaro tail lights? Notchie widebody is looking real nice. Great job, Ray

Yes they are Camaro tail lights.

Thanks

Archie

I'm thinking about posting up some pics on how they were done.

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 09-12-2011).]

GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2011 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie... Why 3 lights per side. Just curious.
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2011 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GADJet:

So he can have them go "Blink - Blink - Blink" in order.

Arch, what tips are those. I'm still "tip-less" but I like those.

Rob
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2011 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GADJet:

Something about being old enough to remember "....all the Jag could see were my 6 tail lights...."

Honestly I originally bought enough lights for 2 per side. Then we found one of those sequential light conversions that I had bought years ago & decided to use it.

Besides, with 2 lights, evenly spaced, it would have looked funny & with them spaced like they are now, it would have left a blank space someplace.

Pick any or all of the above reasons.

Archie
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2011 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

I'm thinking about posting up some pics on how they were done.

Please?

Joe
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2011 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by qwikgta:

Rob

Sorry, but I don't know, the tips were on a 6 cyl. Fiero I bought a long time ago & are used.

There are no marking on them for brand or part number.

Sorry.

Archie
PFF
System Bot
Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2011 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rob

Look almost identical to the 70 Chevelle SS tips.....

Jim
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2011 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sorry, but I don't know, the tips were on a 6 cyl. Fiero I bought a long time ago & are used.

Sorry.

Archie

Well, I think I remember them from the old shop. They were sitting with all the "stuff" you had. I remember them because at the time, I liked them, and I do recall we had no idea what brand they were. I knew they looked familar.

Rob
SCCA FIERO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2011 03:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCA FIEROSend a Private Message to SCCA FIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rob

I have some that (are not for sale) came from here http://www.drgas.com/exhaust_products.htm . I can't find them right now, but they look close. Notice the Fiero exhaust? That's mine. Look around and you might have better luck than me...
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2011 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Something about being old enough to remember "....all the Jag could see were my 6 tail lights...."

You sure they weren't frenched?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2011 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

You sure they weren't frenched?

LOL, thanks for the link. Oldie's on YouTube, who'da thunk.

Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2011 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, It's back for more goodies........

You may remember a few months ago Chris Lewis had his ChopTop car back in here so we could fix-up his 300ZX headlight install & put a new Fiberglass nose on the car.

This time We're putting a WideBody on his ChopTop.

You won't see a lot of the initial assembly of the WideBody here, it will mostly be the finishing of the body & a few other things. Several months ago, we had begun the installation of the WideBody on another car. About half way thru that install the customer found that he couldn't complete that part of his conversion. So we had to remove the WideBody & put his original parts back on the car. So this rear clip, the door panels, front fenders, Rockers & rear bumper were already on the shelf when Chris brought his car in a week or so ago.

It didn't take long to remove his original body

And start installing the WideBody parts

In the mean time chris was searching for a wheel/tire package that didn't break the bank.

He found something that looks pretty good & is REAL inexpensive. He has 9" wide wheels in the rear & 8's up front. On my White ChopTop car I had used some 2" thick wheel adapters in the rear. The adapters have inside & outside registers & are made by a great old Drag Racer in CA.

With them on, it looks pretty good.....

We also are installing one of our decklid spoilers. These fit all fastback style Fieros. You don't need a ChopTop or WideBody to use this spoiler.

These are in process pics.....

More to come....

Archie

Boogaloo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2011 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoogalooSend a Private Message to BoogalooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sorry.

Archie

Those tips are made under the brand name "Ractive" and are stainless steel in either black chrome or chrome.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2011 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looking good !

I take it by the red trim on the wheels, the car is going to be red ??
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2011 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Looking good !

I take it by the red trim on the wheels, the car is going to be red ??

Nope, think of the Red as a Highlight.
FieroDev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2011 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroDevSend a Private Message to FieroDevEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Archie, do you happen to have any more info on how you did this taillight mod?

Dev

[This message has been edited by FieroDev (edited 10-20-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2011 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well, It's back for more goodies........

And start installing the WideBody parts

More to come....

Archie

Another choptop widebody to the group!

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-20-2011).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2011 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ok Archie,

Time to fess up ?

Madcurl and i were chatting and he was joking about how at one time you didn't really think the widebody kits would sell,...is curly just blowing smoke ?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2011 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroDev:
Hey Archie, do you happen to have any more info on how you did this taillight mod?

Dev

Yeah, I should have written this up before, but I never got around to doing it.

So remember, you asked for it.

Using the Camaro lights was just an idea we (Rob, Kris & myself) had when standing around trying to figure out something different to do to the rear end treatment. Initially I thought that it might be a new product we might develop for the Fiero people. Initially my specifications for coming up with something was that it had to fit in the notchie space. I didn't wnat to modify the tail light height. I didn't want to modify the trailing edge of the trunk or the top of the bumper. So that ment that we had to find a tail light that wasn't too tall.

However, as you look thru this, you'll see that it turned out to be much more complicated than you might initially think. So the idea of a kit has been put aside for now.

By now everyone has noticed that we mounted the Camaro lights upside down, but we also mounted them on the other side from where they are mounted in the Camaro. Of the 4 Camaro taillights none of them are identical. The outside Camaro lights have more curve to them than the inboard lights. So we ended up buying 3 each of the inboard Left & Right side Camaro lights. We then inverted them & swaped sides for the Fiero installation.

Initially we were thinking about having 2 of them per side, so I bought 4 lights to start with.

We mocked up the initial tail light concept....That's when we found that we could us 3 of them per side.

I ordered 2 more lights from the dealer & we made a pc. of flat fiberglass to start the mock-up.

The Camaro tail lights were deeper than the original Fiero lights, so we had to remove the plastic pockets that the original lights set into. Later, we also removed a little of the sheet metal in this area of the trunk.

We had to come up with a way that the lights & light panels could be removed & replaced for painting & future service. So we made a flat fiberglass floor & in these pics we temporarily hot glued the legs from the vertical fiberglass to the floor.

To make this mounting so it would be a bolt in we made pockets on the top so that they could be bolted in using the same fastener holes that the original lights used. Then the bottom of the mounting would snap in at the bottom & bolt in from the top.

We also had to figure out how to mount the lights solidly into the mountings, that's why you see the fiberglass walls we made between each of the light openings.

Then we mounted the mountings back into the car & temporarily hot glued the taillights exactly where we wanted them.

Out of the car again, we made 3 mounting tabs for each of the lights...

We then removed the lights again & fiberglassed the mounting tabs in place....

Then we put them back into the car & you can see the backs of the lights from the trunk area. We will fix that later by boxing it in.

We fitted & removed the assemblies several times to build the details into the fiberglass housings. We had to build the outboard ends....

& the edge of the floor along the bumper..

Now, you gotta admit that Rob & Kris are pretty good at taking a concept & making it work.

Then we put some primer on the parts to see how it was going to look....

Like I said, I was initially thiking I might make a kit out of this but it would be pretty intricate & complicated to make a mold or tooling to build these assemblies.

Fot the center part, we made up a fiberglass part that bolts on with a stud thru the center of the rear wall of the trunk area...we are going to decorate it later when we figure out what we want. This center section has to be removed first when you're wanting to remove either of the tail light assemblies.....

These pics show the metal box we welded into the holes in the trunk area....

After painting, the detail of the tail light assemblies looks pretty good.

Archie

infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2011 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 01-05-2016).]

Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2011 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love that chop top of yours Archie. If I had the cash I would make an offer for sure.

------------------
1985 Fiero GT 4speed 1986 Fiero GT
1997 BMW 328 1984 Porsche 944

FieroNews~Boots~Bag's~Walle ts~Headliner~Spare Cover~
Visors~Sunshads and T-Top Sunshades~Download the Fieronews Catalog HERE~

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2011 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since Archie's and myfiero are the only sites up and going-is there going to be any flaring to the corner area behind the front wheel?

dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2011 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Damn! I love that car. I'm amazed at how easy the tail light mod was.
cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2011 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Since Archie's and myfiero are the only sites up and going-is there going to be any flaring to the corner area behind the front wheel?

Not sure what you mean? I dont think anything will be tweaked at all.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2011 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cornersonrails:

Not sure what you mean? I dont think anything will be tweaked at all.

It's the small flaring on the rocker just behind the front tire. You can go two ways. Either raise the rear to match the bumper and make a flare to match the nose.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2011 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie, any new pics of cornersonrails choptop ?
PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2011 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie, any new pics of cornersonrails choptop ?

Yeah, we've been working on it, coming along each day.

Here's some pics over the last week, you can see the progress.

We should be putting some primer on it by Friday or Monday.

Fiberglassing the spoiler on....

Filling, sanding then repeat.....

mounting the side marker lights.....

Locate the cutout & size it for the lights.....

Once we have a perfect hole.....we wrap the light with plastic tape & use it to kake the pocket the light will sit in.

And today....

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 10-26-2011).]

Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2011 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lookin Good!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2011 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice. Looks like the Copper side markers lamps are a hit with the MadArch widebody owners.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2011 02:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Nice. Looks like the Copper side markers lamps are a hit with the MadArch widebody owners.

Yep and we gotta give the nod to Dave aka fierociousGT for being the first to incorporate them and start the craze.
cornersonrails

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2011 07:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car is looking real good. I can't wait to see it all one color. The car hasn't been all one color since I've owned it.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2011 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Congratulations cornersonrails !

I can't wait to hear the stories of the reactions of people when you get her back and take it out !
cornersonrails

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2011 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Congratulations cornersonrails !

I can't wait to hear the stories of the reactions of people when you get her back and take it out !

Thanks Tony I can't wait to hear your stories as well. We need to make a dent against Curlys stories. Hehehe
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2011 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

HI all

I luv the lites that away!!! Totally reminds me of the Omega shape!! Yeah, GODLY will do just fine... lmao...

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines....
Enzo Ferrari...

Today they are called garage's, yesterday, they were stable's! Eric Jacobsen.... An advancement, of other
voices I came across.

S.F??, hint, it's a car manufacturer....

Do not walk infront of me, I may not follow. Do not walk behind me, I may not lead. Walk beside me and be my friend forever.
-unknown- found here: http://crystal-cure.com/love-quote.html

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2011 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Continuing on Chris' car.

With the MadArch WideBody kit, we keep the original door handle in the original location but with the WideBody it's located up under the Door Caps. The original door lock is located up under the door cap too. On several of the WideBodies, including my White notchie ChopTop WideBody, we've moved the lock location down 1.5" so that it will still be functional.

To do this, we put a 2nd hole in the door panel.....

Then we take the original door lock mounting .....

and modify it to remount the lock lower....

Then, yesterday, we started priming the body with some high fill primer

Now it's time to put the car back together & get it out the door...

Archie
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock