Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  $$$$$$$$$$$$$ WOW! More updates on Fiero GT Tail light lens!!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ (Page 23)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 29 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
$$$$$$$$$$$$$ WOW! More updates on Fiero GT Tail light lens!!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ by kgoodyear
Started on: 05-10-2018 07:33 PM
Replies: 1147 (65812 views)
Last post by: kgoodyear on 10-17-2022 03:55 PM
kgoodyear

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2019 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
hercimer01

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2019 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am taking my set to the NIFE Club meeting this weekend for a little show and tell.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2019 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hercimer01:

I am taking my set to the NIFE Club meeting this weekend for a little show and tell.

Wow! that is great. If you would like to put me on speaker phone I can maybe answer any questions your members might have.

------------------
Goody & .......George

The beauty of a solution lies in its simplicity

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2019 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keith, I get dozens of spam calls every day, due to my IT related job. I don't answer my cell phone unless I know the number or it is added as a contact on the phone.

I ordered on May 15th of this year, so I know I am pretty far down the list, but I wanted you to be aware of the limitations with calling people. I respond better to email than phone. Others may as well, so it may make sense to email AND call.

Nice work on bringing these to market!
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2019 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Keith, I get dozens of spam calls every day, due to my IT related job. I don't answer my cell phone unless I know the number or it is added as a contact on the phone.

I ordered on May 15th of this year, so I know I am pretty far down the list, but I wanted you to be aware of the limitations with calling people. I respond better to email than phone. Others may as well, so it may make sense to email AND call.

Nice work on bringing these to market!

Great idea Synthesis. Actually it is my third way of notifying customers. First is to call, second to leave a message and third is to send email and finally is for me to mail George to the customer where he will help with the process.

------------------
Goody & .......George

Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2019 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got mine yesterday! They look PHENOMINAL. We are currently living in a world where there's an opportunity for no Fiero GT to be stuck with the notorious delaminated tail light lenses anymore!!!

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

hercimer01

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2019 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kgoodyear:

Wow! that is great. If you would like to put me on speaker phone I can maybe answer any questions your members might have.

I'll see what we can do. I think they podcast the meeting under video library.
http://www.fierofocus.com/events.html

ferg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2019 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fergSend a Private Message to fergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just received my order last night and wanted to tell those who may be on the fence to BUY THEM!!!

The quality is top notch, the ordering process is smooth and simple, shipping was very fast. I placed my order on Saturday and received on Tuesday.

I was impressed with my first look at them. They feel substantial and not flimsy. The P-O-N-T-I-A-C letters were cut cleanly and font matched the originals perfectly. I haven't tried to mount them to a housing yet but I don't anticipate any issues. It's quite amazing how tired an original lens looks when you hold up the new lenses. From memory, the originals seemed brittle but the new version doesn't.

General observations - I held the replacements up to an original set and noticed the N and the T were spaced just slightly differently. The originals had maybe 1/4-3/8" from the edge of the lens to the letter and the new version has maybe 1/2" or less. You can only see this difference if you hold the replacement up to an original. I also noticed the new lenses are clearer than my original set.

My second observation was at the corners near the lock, there is a curved line in the black part of the lens, which i figured out was part of the manufacturing process, but I thought it was a crack or delamination at first. It's really noticeable under direct light and hopefully not noticeable once installed. The picture below shows what I'm talking about. I can see the lines pretty easily from all angles.

The couple of initial observations I had are just that... observations. If you didn't have an original to look at or didn't know the cars that well, you'd never know there was a difference. I'm really thankful Keith invested the time and resources to make this project happen. Without his efforts, we'd never have them. This is a great product. Buy a set while you can.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2019 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This all sounds very encouraging!! Thank you for the overview. You are right, the curved line is part of the manufacturing process and was actually one of our biggest challenges. Other options were just not feasible and cost effective. If you have a chance, a photo of a tired lens and the new juxtaposed lens would be cool to see. Being on this side of the project I don't believe i've ever compared them in that way. George wants pictures.
vitog44

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2019 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vitog44Send a Private Message to vitog44Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm very pleased with the product. I installed them as soon as I got them...a straight forward process . It took me about a half hour to remove the old and install the new. In my case I replaced mine for cosmetic reasons. The original ones, although in excellent condition, were beginning to show signs of delamination at the top. Since I had serviced them a few years ago, I did not have to remove the original adhesive at the edge of the back frame as indicated in the accompanying mounting instructions. In daylight I do notice the semi-oval back molding frame by the trunk key area and at the top back assembly clip insert locations. Also to note and be aware that since this, I would assume, it's some sort of acrylic or poly-carbonate plastic, it will easily scratch. Avoid cleaning them other than with lukewarm water and light soap.
I want to thank Keith and his mascot for making this possible.

Christine

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2019 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The lenses look great I should be getting mine soon, my old ones are in fair condition but have a few flaws and are getting moisture in them now so I will need to replace the butyl tape when I install the new ones. Does anyone recommend a particular brand or type of butyl tape for the taillight lenses? I would like to get it a hard of time so I can install them when I get them in a couple of weeks.

Keith, thanks for making them.
PFF
System Bot
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2019 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My friend went back into the history and accumulated several threads concerning the lens project. Someday (after my contract with GM) I’ll write a book. My friend will be tasked with writing the forward.

The Fiero tail light lens project has a long history. It began with noticing the delaminated and cracked lens on my “new” Fiero.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/137913.html

I can see where I am working on a price range here. Several comments deserve some follow up in an upcoming book about the project.

The second is when you had the lenses scanned. 12-28-2017
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/097982.html

Clearly I have committed to the project from a financial point. Up to this point I have gotten a project manager and toolmaker on line. Initial estimates for tooling were about $150,000 but done in USA. I originally wanted everything done stateside and while I have much of it done stateside we had to go to China for tool work (not design) and shooting the lenses. I’m also tinkering with the time line. Ohhh what a disaster that was. I had no idea what I was getting into.

The third is yet another update thread. 01-24-2018
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/098029.html

I remember this thread and realizing communications with my Frugal Fiero Fans we becoming somewhat distracting and that I needed to focus on the project and pay attention to my chosen advisors.
The fourth is when you started the whole project moving forward. 3-20-2018
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/098136.html

Scanning the following thread I imagine I would have been feeling a bit frustrated but was probably in close touch with my financial advisor. She is always watching my back. Again, I probably was being a bit distracted from the challenge at hand
The fifth is you begging for a set of housings to use… 4-5-2018
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/098175.html

I can see here I am working toward a commitment to the project but and probably had an exit strategy to bail if it was just going to cost too much. I have never done anything like this or exposed my financial portfolio. I imagine I would have been very nervous but not smart enough to back out. I notice I vented on JohnWPB but thankfully he is one of my favorite supporters.
The sixth is you posting yet another thread about the lenses. 4-11-2018
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/098193.html

My beloved mascot George makes his entrance. He has added humor and is a good assistant.
The seventh, is you posting another thread about the lenses. 5-4-2018
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/098236.html

railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2019 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My friend went back into the history and accumulated several threads concerning the lens project. Someday (after my contract with GM) I’ll write a book. My friend will be tasked with writing the forward.

Probably time to come out of the closet and confess.... LOL.
I have been way in the background doing what I do best..... just being there when needed, and offering insights from my injection molding background.

These are all interesting, and sometimes funny reads, so I suggest if you have the time, look back and see how this all developed.

Though I have no financial investment, and expect no rewards for this success, (I had thought of doing this myself) I really wanted to see someone succeed and finally put this to rest for the Fiero community.

Keith has had his fair share of questioning himself, the project, etc. but I am "giddy as a school girl" that he has taken it to the point of shipping out replacement lenses.
That is where I came into the picture.... just someone to complain to. (oh boy, did I get a lot of calls..... heheh).

I daily look for reviews and input as much as he does..... lol, probably more, now that I am retired and he has a "full time job" going to the post office with "George"!

Glad I was a very small part of this, and also very happy to have someone I can honestly call my friend because of this.

Keith,
I will be sending my psychiatric assistance bill to you soon...… heheh……

Well done!
(Hint: the book should be called "Of Mice and Fiero's"..... lol....)

Dave
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2019 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by railshot:
Keith,
I will be sending my psychiatric assistance bill to you soon...… heheh……

Well done!
(Hint: the book should be called "Of Mice and Fiero's"..... lol....)

Dave

Your bill will be worth every dime. Good idea on the name of the book.

------------------
Goody & .......George

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2019 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

https://www.youtube.com/wat...LkNdj-WG4XDnaRAy2W2I

------------------
Goody & .......George

mptighe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2019 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got mine yesterday. I'll unpack them today just to inspect them, but they're going back in the box until I get the rest of my parts in for my InfiniteWill / Yellowstone taillight mod. Thanks Keith!
turbo86se

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2019 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo86seSend a Private Message to turbo86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! Thank you for making these. Just by looking at the pictures they look amazing. I was dead set on the Corvette tail light panel, even have a one-piece panel I bought on here a couple years ago. Now I just don't know. The factory tail lights are beautiful.

Got any other parts in your mind you might produce?
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2019 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by turbo86se:

Wow! Thank you for making these. Just by looking at the pictures they look amazing. I was dead set on the Corvette tail light panel, even have a one-piece panel I bought on here a couple years ago. Now I just don't know. The factory tail lights are beautiful.

Got any other parts in your mind you might produce?

I'm glad you like them. If you held them in your hands you would immediately feel the quality of the lenses. If you ever get a chance to handle them cease the moment to do it. If you can't, I have no doubt any reviews you read or see will endorse my own goals.

------------------
Goody & .......George

Sledgehammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2019 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SledgehammerSend a Private Message to SledgehammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keith,

Sent you an email regarding the tail light lenses. I hae been on your list but hae heard nothing so far. My last email to you was in October where you said you were still waiting for GM approval. So I am confused as to status . I forwarded another email to you today , hopefully I will hear from you.
We spoke quite a bit about that “Chilled carafe” so time ago, hopefully this will remind you who I am.

Sledgehammer (Gerry)
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2019 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sledgehammer:

Keith,

Sent you an email regarding the tail light lenses. I hae been on your list but hae heard nothing so far. My last email to you was in October where you said you were still waiting for GM approval. So I am confused as to status . I forwarded another email to you today , hopefully I will hear from you.
We spoke quite a bit about that “Chilled carafe” so time ago, hopefully this will remind you who I am.

Sledgehammer (Gerry)

You are at about #200 in the order queue. This will probably put you in my next batch of lenses.

Trinten

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2019 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just got a call from Keith!
Invoice is paid!
Two sets of lenses will be heading my way...
PFF
System Bot
0z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2019 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 0zSend a Private Message to 0zEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for sticking with this despite all of the obstacles.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2019 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 0z:

Thanks for sticking with this despite all of the obstacles.

Thanks for the kind words. I've gotten great feedback from Frugal Fiero Fans that has made the obstacles just a bit easier to jump!
anaverin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2019 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for anaverinSend a Private Message to anaverinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
we got a chance to get a first look at the new tail light lenses and do an exclusive review thanks to Keith. I wanted to post it here for all of you to check out. If you havent checked out our channel yet, we do just fiero stuff, and we are doing some cool builds like an 88 cjb ttop with a turbo 4 cylinder ecotec, as well as 3800sc swaps, etc. Cheers!

oldrock2401

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2019 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for oldrock2401Send a Private Message to oldrock2401Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had emailed you earlier this year for a single set and I am so excited I did, this is so cool that it is finally coming to reality, I hope there is enough at the end of everyone's pre-orders for me to get a 2nd set to have for the future.

Congratulations on the success of bringing this product to the community, I hope it works out for the absolute best of you.

------------------
--- 86 GT, my pride and joy (currently undergoing turbo 3.8 swap)

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2019 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keith, Any chance you can post where you are in the list, by number, every so often?
(No... I'm not a bit anxious. )

If not, I understand, and will go back to patiently lurking.

Thank you sir!

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 11-17-2019).]

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2019 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Keith, Any chance you can post where you are in the list, by number, every so often?
(No... I'm not a bit anxious. )

If not, I understand, and will go back to patiently lurking.

Thank you sir!

Hey Radar,

The way a queue works is names are constantly being added at the "bottom" while customers are being removed from the "Top". This always makes your position in the queue relative at any point and time. This is why, recently, I have had to approximate a customer's position in the queue as I work my way along the queue.

I know Frugal Fiero Fans are so anxious to get your lenses and I will work to get them to you as soon as I can as it is in my best interest as well. It may help to understand that the most important part of the process is the most obvious and that is the decorating. Relatively this is a labor intensive process when compared to the complete process.

So I hope this helps just a bit. George and I need to get to work packing up lenses and calling customers for their orders. Remember to keep an eye out for that (405) 921- 8903 phone number. In the meantime, I will try and maybe figure out a more accurate way of noting your position in the queue.

EDIT: I might also add, that the number of people ordering multiple sets also changes the rate I move through the queue.

[This message has been edited by kgoodyear (edited 11-17-2019).]

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2019 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

kgoodyear

808 posts
Member since Apr 2014

Originally posted by oldrock2401:

I had emailed you earlier this year for a single set and I am so excited I did, this is so cool that it is finally coming to reality, I hope there is enough at the end of everyone's pre-orders for me to get a 2nd set to have for the future.

Congratulations on the success of bringing this product to the community, I hope it works out for the absolute best of you.

Thank you for the kind words.

Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2019 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by turbo86se:

The factory tail lights are beautiful.

I can attest to this statement! I was born in 91' (yeah I know they were long out of production by then) but when I was a little kid I remember seeing Fieros specifically because of the really cool tail lights. Sitting in my parent's car going wherever they were talking me and seeing the glowing Pontiac is what initially made me fall in love with the car when I was super young.

I was lucky enough to get a set of Slammed's covers a few years back. They still look good, but I still got a set of these. Like I said a page ago they look GREAT. To have peace of mind that I got a second set of lenses hanging around is awesome... I have had nightmares of someone not paying attention, texting or something, rear ending me and being up a creek afterwords...

Btw that darker black line is what looks to me like something there for "structure"... You can see on the painted side the plastic has a narrow band that is thicker there. You can barely see it honestly.

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2019 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Radar,

The way a queue works is names are constantly being added at the "bottom" while customers are being removed from the "Top". This always makes your position in the queue relative at any point and time. This is why, recently, I have had to approximate a customer's position in the queue as I work my way along the queue.

<snip>

Gotcha! Cool. Thanks for the comment.

<back into "lurk" mode. >
viperine

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2019 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for viperineSend a Private Message to viperineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This seriously needs to be made available as a bumper sticker!!

Originally posted by hercimer01:

PFF
System Bot
Rick Morehouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2019 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick MorehouseSend a Private Message to Rick MorehouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I joined the pre-order list 23 sept-19. So I kinda figure I could get my lenses for my B-Day in Feb-2020. Not being a wise guy here, just the slow boat from China, decorations, packing/shipping, it all takes time. That's cool. But damn if I ain't ready to get that call!

So Mr. Goodyear; say you call a customer to tell them their order of 3 sets are ready to ship, then they suddenly want 50 sets on that one pre-order, do you ship only the 3 sets & tell them to get in line again or are you obligated to complete their order @ 50 sets? This could impact 12-15 customers down the line who may not get their order filled at all? I mean, this customer may not be able to even spel Pontiac, but can see a bright future where these sets could buy them a fiero & some REAL fiero people might not get a set of your new lenses.

I know this may sound sinister & it is not meant to be. Your business model is straight up & is being fulfilled as you promised, we couldn't ask for any more sincerity. All customers so far are very pleased & amazed @ the quality of your lenses, fit & finish is above reproach. I look forward to getting mine, "IF" I decide to order a third set, I'll follow your protocol & get in line after you have filled all your pre-ordrers & if there are any left. Thanks for a super product. Rick
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2019 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think these are all legitimate concerns and great questions probably on the minds of Frugal Fiero Fans.

I joined the pre-order list 23 sept-19. So I kinda figure I could get my lenses for my B-Day in Feb-2020. Not being a wise guy here, just the slow boat from China, decorations, packing/shipping, it all takes time. That's cool. But damn if I ain't ready to get that call!

I started the preorder list last year around October. Ever since that time George and I've been encouraging GT owners to get their names on the list as it wasn't going to get shorter (sort of). Currently the queue stays about the same size. (They go out a bit faster then they come in.) One of the problems is and always has been the challenge of the decorating. While not a labor intensive, GM's version may have been faster but clearly had problems. Ours is more labor intensive and demanding but robust and no worry of delamination.

As ready as you are to get your lens, I am as anxious to get a capital return on my investment. So we are always looking for ways to streamline the project. Sadly there can only be a first in line then everybody else. With this being said, if I make a call and no one answers I leave a message, note it in the log and move on to the next customer. I keep going until someone answers their phone and buys the lens. The next day, i review my comments from the previous day and call the customer again or send emails and so on. I repeat the process. Between calls I pack lenses and do other processes necessary to accommodate the decorator. There are several caveats where I have to adapt but that's the general idea.

So Mr. Goodyear; say you call a customer to tell them their order of 3 sets are ready to ship, then they suddenly want 50 sets on that one pre-order, do you ship only the 3 sets & tell them to get in line again or are you obligated to complete their order @ 50 sets? This could impact 12-15 customers down the line who may not get their order filled at all? I mean, this customer may not be able to even spel Pontiac, but can see a bright future where these sets could buy them a fiero & some REAL fiero people might not get a set of your new lenses.

What a great problem for me to have. Fortunately--or not--these kinds of numbers haven't come across my desk. To date my largest order is three or four I think. However, they were in the queue in that position and for the most part I stick to the queue and the orders they request. I am not sure how I would deal with your scenario but likely I would deal with it fairly. Make no mistake though, I am a businessman and have substantial funds that must be recouped as fast a possible. In the end, I would do what would be in the project's best interest.

I know this may sound sinister & it is not meant to be. Your business model is straight up & is being fulfilled as you promised, we couldn't ask for any more sincerity. All customers so far are very pleased & amazed @ the quality of your lenses, fit & finish is above reproach. I look forward to getting mine, "IF" I decide to order a third set, I'll follow your protocol & get in line after you have filled all your pre-ordrers & if there are any left. Thanks for a super product. Rick

Our first order, P1 was for 200 lense sets. P2 will be for 800 and we damned well better sell every one of them and not dilly dally doing it either. I'll be ordering those in a couple of days. This is a significant risk with not only my finances but also GM's significant demands. (But that is another story.)

I hope this helps. I realize there may be some double speak here but at all times I must be mindful of the best interest of the project and that involves a lovely dance between investment capital and the demands of the business.

If you have any other questions you feel other GT owners might have, clearly state your question or comment and I'll address it. However, keep in mind this could be a distraction from the task at hand.

[This message has been edited by kgoodyear (edited 11-19-2019).]

Trinten

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2019 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm glad P2 will have 800 units! Next March I plan on getting at least a few more. Some for gifts, some to lock in a vault...
Rick Morehouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2019 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick MorehouseSend a Private Message to Rick MorehouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mr. Goodyear; Sir, I certainly don't want to be a distraction and didn't mean to be in my previous post which was as sincere as is your response, which I respect. Business is foremost. I've sent ya an email to upgrade my order to three sets. When I get my GT on the road, it'll have the best taillights available, thanks only to you. Hope the next 800 sets sell out quickly & GM isn't a pain to you if you wish to order more. Regards. Rick
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2019 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rick Morehouse:

Mr. Goodyear; Sir, I certainly don't want to be a distraction and didn't mean to be in my previous post which was as sincere as is your response, which I respect. Business is foremost. I've sent ya an email to upgrade my order to three sets. When I get my GT on the road, it'll have the best taillights available, thanks only to you. Hope the next 800 sets sell out quickly & GM isn't a pain to you if you wish to order more. Regards. Rick

I didn't mean to imply your questions were a distraction; in fact, they were not and I enjoyed thinking about the responses. Your questions were questions I am sure were on everyone's mind. My hope is this answered the questions of others as well and others' submit theirs as well defined. Thank you.

------------------
Goody & .......George

Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2019 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My lenses arrived today - well packed and looking good! Looking forward to installing them this weekend.

Thanks again Keith for your perseverance in bringing these to market!

Jim
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2019 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jim88GT:

My lenses arrived today - well packed and looking good! Looking forward to installing them this weekend.

Thanks again Keith for your perseverance in bringing these to market!

Jim

Send pictures!
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2019 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Send nudes!

Uh...

Entirely kidding of course, but couldn't resist.

I LOVE seeing the pictures/videos of these installed. I'm getting antsy thinking about them on my car.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 11-20-2019).]

Fiero Turbo NS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2019 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero Turbo NSSend a Private Message to Fiero Turbo NSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
AWESOME !! mine are good but have slight delamination bubble inside

------------------
lets fix it

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 29 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock