--------------- GT tail light lenses update --------------- by kgoodyear
Started on: 03-20-2018 11:08 AM
Replies: 22 (1349 views)
Last post by: Thunderstruck GT on 05-11-2018 08:00 AM
kgoodyear

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2018 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I wanted assure my frugal Fiero fans know I have not forgotten about you and the GT Taillight project.

I've contacted, through one means or another, over 250 companies across the US that do injection molding. Due to the size of the tool(s) there are very few that can handle the tool let alone shoot the lens in the quantities we are requesting.

We need one more solid quote and still need to get some other information that will help us decide if it is a go-no go project.
We still and always will have budget considerations to work out to keep our costs minimized.

Know for sure we are working on the project and so far it seems to be a very viable project.

------------------
Goody

The beauty of a solution lies in its simplicity

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
railshot

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2018 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent with a few questions for you!
Dave
KMFDMFAN

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2018 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KMFDMFANSend a Private Message to KMFDMFANEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for the update.

I'm sending encouraging thoughts your way.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2018 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool!

Best of luck, as always.
Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2018 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Much more and better intel than on a certain flush headlamp ordeal and you are not asking for any money up front. Thank you sir for your ongoing efforts and dedication.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2018 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will NEVER ask my frugal Fiero friends for money up front -- they are too frugal.

------------------
Goody

cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2018 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you are looking to get an injection mold built for these lenses, consider looking in Windsor ON as well, next door to Detroit. Since the Canadian dollar is quite weak compared to the USD currently, you may be able to get a mold built for considerably less than in the USA. There are dozens of mold shops in the area, doing work for all major automotive companies.

Good luck with the project.
PARAD0X

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2018 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PARAD0XSend a Private Message to PARAD0XEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cam-a-lot:

If you are looking to get an injection mold built for these lenses, consider looking in Windsor ON as well, next door to Detroit. Since the Canadian dollar is quite weak compared to the USD currently, you may be able to get a mold built for considerably less than in the USA. There are dozens of mold shops in the area, doing work for all major automotive companies.

Good luck with the project.

Hey I sent you a message...
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2018 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for the feed back.

Things are going swimingly.
anaverin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2018 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for anaverinSend a Private Message to anaverinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you got to give us more then that!
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2018 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by anaverin:
... you got to give us more then that!

No he does not. He is trying to give us more of which we did not have. Give a man some space. I am sure his life does not revolve around about providing us a solution to many a problem.
Mine does not.

I hope he has success. I have been an upfront quarter window replica ... not investor, I paid to help make it happen. It did not. I lost my money. Worth every penny if it did happen.

Give the man some space.
PFF
System Bot
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2018 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

you got to give us more then that!

Courtesy of Merriam-Webster

swim·ming·ly
ˈswimiNGlē/Submit
adverb
smoothly and satisfactorily.
"things are going swimmingly"
synonyms: agreeably, charmingly, delectably, deliciously, delightfully, dreamily, enchantingly, enjoyably, favorably, felicitously, fetchingly, gloriously, gratifyingly, great, nicely, palatably, pleasantly, pleasingly, pleasurably, prettily, satisfyingly, splendidly, sweetly, welcomely, well, winningly

------------------
Goody

86.4SPD.GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2018 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86.4SPD.GTSend a Private Message to 86.4SPD.GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe others have already seen this, but these all are eBay auctions that ended yesterday (just to show current market for rare NOS fiero stuff).

Tail Light Lenses

Sail Panel Windows

T-Top Glass

[This message has been edited by 86.4SPD.GT (edited 03-31-2018).]

anaverin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2018 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for anaverinSend a Private Message to anaverinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Look, I'm just on the edge of my seat.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2018 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Look, I'm just on the edge of my seat.

Anaverin, et al.

I know you are. I am too......I am living it. I promise to keep my Frugal Fiero Fans up to date with information I feel will not jeopardize or distract me from the project.

------------------
Goody

[This message has been edited by kgoodyear (edited 03-31-2018).]

fieroparts.com

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 185
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2018 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86.4SPD.GT:

Maybe others have already seen this, but these all are eBay auctions that ended yesterday (just to show current market for rare NOS fiero stuff).

Tail Light Lenses

Sail Panel Windows

T-Top Glass

I do not believe that those tail light lenses are OEM, look at the A on the front side the line is not straight. on the back side of the LH one the divider between the clear and black part has a curve it should be straight. They sure look like TFS ones.

Back on topic,

I think if you price these for 350.00 each or 600.00 a set/pair these will sell like crazy.

You can put me down for at least 2 sets.
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2018 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroparts.com:
I do not believe that those tail light lenses are OEM, look at the A on the front side the line is not straight. on the back side of the LH one the divider between the clear and black part has a curve it should be straight. They sure look like TFS ones.

Back on topic,

I think if you price these for 350.00 each or 600.00 a set/pair these will sell like crazy.

You can put me down for at least 2 sets.

And what about these > https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mi...AOSw9t1aspnx&vxp=mtr

Typically NOS will do 2 to 3 times what a repop part is worth.
86WhiteLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2018 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86WhiteLightningSend a Private Message to 86WhiteLightningEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Thunderstruck GT:

And what about these > https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mi...AOSw9t1aspnx&vxp=mtr

Typically NOS will do 2 to 3 times what a repop part is worth.

I missed buying those by 10 mins. I have a good one coming from Danyel to replace my busted one.

[This message has been edited by 86WhiteLightning (edited 04-01-2018).]

86WhiteLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2018 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86WhiteLightningSend a Private Message to 86WhiteLightningEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

86WhiteLightning

16 posts
Member since Aug 2017
Also if you start making a good quality aftermarket lense I would be in for a set. Hell maybe even 2 sets. Get em while you can I guess. Ya never know.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2018 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86WhiteLightning:

Get em while you can I guess. Ya never know.

I think when they become available people will hoard a set or two

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2018 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

At some point there may be a saturation point or I will want to sell the tool. I'm retired and I may get burned out on the hastle especially after I replace my own.

------------------
Goody

PFF
System Bot
Lord Razz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2018 04:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lord RazzSend a Private Message to Lord RazzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I be buying a set when you have them ready. I've been looking for a long while.

Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2018 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

GUILTY

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock