Tail light lens problem by kgoodyear
Started on: 05-05-2016 05:59 PM
Replies: 3 (535 views)
Last post by: kgoodyear on 05-05-2016 06:31 PM
kgoodyear

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2016 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is something going on with my 87 gt tail lights. I've seen this on other Fieros too. Does anyone know what is going on and what it is going to take to fix it?

------------------
Goody

The beauty of a solution lies in its simplicity

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Richjk21

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2016 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That would be classic GT tail light delamination...... almost all of them get it... just a matter of time.........

Options are limited.... there is someone on here that refinishes them to mask the problem by painting the black areas on the outside of the lenses.....

There is also someone who is making covers that recreate part of the lens and you have to modify your existing lens to accept the cover.... but the whole endeavor is somewhat of a soap opera....

You can find more info on both options in the Mall section of the forum.

Rich
Napoleon_Tanerite

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2016 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm your guy. I can refinish those lenses to look brand new. Check out my thread in the mall

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/073299.html

Now, here's the catch-- I can NOT fix cracks, chips, or any other damage to the lens itself. If your lenses are intact minus the delamination they are good candidates for my refinishing service. If you're interested, send me a PM.
kgoodyear

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2016 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looks like you do a thorough job. I'll definitely put your information into my notebook and look at doing this after paying for body paint.

[This message has been edited by kgoodyear (edited 05-05-2016).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock