Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  $$$$$$$$$$$$$ WOW! More updates on Fiero GT Tail light lens!!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ (Page 28)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 29 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
$$$$$$$$$$$$$ WOW! More updates on Fiero GT Tail light lens!!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ by kgoodyear
Started on: 05-10-2018 07:33 PM
Replies: 1147 (65806 views)
Last post by: kgoodyear on 10-17-2022 03:55 PM
fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2020 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey got my 2 sets. They are absolutely beautiful!!

I will get you a present in the mail Monday or Tuesday

Thanks for the fast shipping,and I hope you and George are proud of your product if not y’all should!

(Edit to add page 28 ownage!!)

[This message has been edited by fireboss (edited 07-03-2020).]

IP: Logged
kgoodyear

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2020 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fireboss:

Hey got my 2 sets. They are absolutely beautiful!!

I will get you a present in the mail Monday or Tuesday

Thanks for the fast shipping,and I hope you and George are proud of your product if not y’all should!

(Edit to add page 28 ownage!!)

Most excellent! I am so glad to have a happy customer!--George
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2020 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
dremu

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2020 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dremuSend a Private Message to dremuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"They won't know what it was ... but they sure will remember who made it."

Last year's Vine Run we had, what was it, 14 Fieros?, and at the gas stop, the lady next to me asks "What ARE those little cars??" They got more attention than the Ferrari club going the other way (though there were only five of those, and fourteen Fieros is a sight!)

She also couldn't believe that they were three decades old, but then these are well-kept examples. Hell, mine doesn't even NEED your lenses, but I still bought my set Just In Case they get broken or whatever down the line. And to support your efforts and keep George in Cheezits.

-- A
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2020 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The other day at the ice cream store I had a fellow ask me what I had there. I told him it was a fiero. He looked at me in that quizzical way I am sure wondering if I said Ferrari. I told him what what I had under the hood and told him it gets me from point A to B,. Yeah, i imagine pretty fast. They do get a lot of attention the only other people more fascinated with the car are current Fiero owners. Well, unless you USED to own one! Can you imagine what would happen if another Fiero pulled out in front of you??
dremu

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2020 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dremuSend a Private Message to dremuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I say "Fiero", I get one of three responses:

1. "What's that?" (non-car people who are feigning interest)
2a. "My friend used to have one" (but doesn't any more)
2b. "*I* used to have one" (but don't any more)

But I do get stopped at the gas station a fair bit ... "Hey, is that a *Fiero*?" Why yes, yes it is.

-- A
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2020 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dremu:

When I say "Fiero", I get one of three responses:

1. "What's that?" (non-car people who are feigning interest)
2a. "My friend used to have one" (but doesn't any more)
2b. "*I* used to have one" (but don't any more)

But I do get stopped at the gas station a fair bit ... "Hey, is that a *Fiero*?" Why yes, yes it is.

-- A

3) "Where can I get a set of those tail light covers for my Firebird??
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2020 03:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Outstanding product by the looks of things if i still didn't have a new pair in the boxes I would be all over these.
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2020 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kgoodyear:

Lenses are sold only in pairs.
The next step is sending the file to the tool maker where he will work with the file so he can inject and remove the lens. After that, we are going to print out a set and check for fitment. I'll be sure and include those pictures in this thread.

The lens is made of poly carbonate.
Yes, I see George is a girl mouse......
With respects to Steinbeck, Warner Brothers or who ever owns the rights to "George" the mouse.

To place a preorder, (no down payment or obligation),
1) Send email to keith.goodyear@bellyacrestudios.com
2) Select the description and the quantity.
- Clear no decoration
- Clear decorated (this is like the OEM)
- Custom decorated Clear
3) Type your name
4) Shipping address
5) phone number
Once I receive your order I’ll put you in the pre order queue and will reply to you in the same email.
Lenses are sold only in pairs. We estimate the cost to be $400 USD + shipping and handling + applicable taxes.
It is difficult to be able to say when they will be ready as the product must be perfect and certain critical business practices must be in place to protect you, me and my investments.
My license restricts me to shipping only to Canada, America and Mexico.
I regularly post progress reports and answers to questions on the PFF Forum: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/098250.html
Once they are ready for distribution we will notify you.
Here are some videos you might enjoy in the meantime.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx7-bfBoBiI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EanCjtDkbuc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-HUsJWEtko&t=9s
We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Project idea for you sunroof with air vents.

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2020 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2020 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

kgoodyear

808 posts
Member since Apr 2014
PFF
System Bot
Infinity

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2020 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for InfinitySend a Private Message to InfinityEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I picked up last week 10 sets from a guy who transported the boxes with a cargoship to the Netherlands and all have them will find their way to their new owners. Thanks Keith for making this possible for all of us!

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2020 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Infinity:

I picked up last week 10 sets from a guy who transported the boxes with a cargoship to the Netherlands and all have them will find their way to their new owners. Thanks Keith for making this possible for all of us!

It has been quite the adventure and i've learned a lot. I'm glad you like them. I still have plenty to sell
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2020 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hopefully soon to get a custom set as I love the original design I bought from you. What is the contact info for the custom guy? I know I could search this thread but also wanted to bump it for you.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2020 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LornesGT:

Hopefully soon to get a custom set as I love the original design I bought from you. What is the contact info for the custom guy? I know I could search this thread but also wanted to bump it for you.

david@rpmproto.com Thanks for the bump!
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2020 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

------------------
Goody & .......George

The beauty of a solution lies in its simplicity

rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2020 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just placed an order. Can't wait to get them.

------------------
USMC V13 2015-2019
USMCR 2019-Present
North Carolina REALTOR®

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2020 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
skywurz

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2020 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skywurzClick Here to visit skywurz's HomePageSend a Private Message to skywurzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Order form submitted.. I honestly was looking all over because I knew someone was making them but then they looked out of stock or something... Then i found this thread.!
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2020 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I got mine and love 'em, might order a second set soon.

I'm curious Keith, How many sets have you sold altogether?
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2020 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Over the past 3 years (about) we have sold only about 600. We are hoping to sell another 400 and then we can maybe order another 1000 if GM will work with me. The challenge is getting the word out to Frugal Fiero Fans who don't use social media.
PFF
System Bot
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2020 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Over the past 3 years (about) we have sold only about 600. We are hoping to sell another 400 and then we can maybe order another 1000 if GM will work with me. The challenge is getting the word out to Frugal Fiero Fans who don't use social media.

Or Notchie lens.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2020 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would hope but keep in mind it will cost the same to make the coupe lenses as it did the gt lenses and will sell for half the price. I have got to sell more of the gt lenses to make up the difference. We just need to keep punching away at the GT lenses and GM.
skywurz

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2020 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skywurzClick Here to visit skywurz's HomePageSend a Private Message to skywurzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got mine today! Looks great!!

[This message has been edited by skywurz (edited 11-19-2020).]

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2020 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just think how great they will look with the packing off of them!!!
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2020 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just got a shipment of Butyl for your lenses and offering this deal through the end of the year.

------------------
Goody & .......George

02greens10

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2021 05:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 02greens10Send a Private Message to 02greens10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do the old lenses come off in good condition? I have a decent set on my car now but I would like them perfect. I would like to be able to sell the take offs if I can to help recoup the purchase.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2021 06:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

To be honest till I popped into this thread I had no idea you were this far along. I am glad you are to market now.

The thing is you really need to get the word out in various ways. Have you done much with POCI? Pontiac or Perfection Magazine? Might offer to advertise if they would do a story on it. Market to the Pontiac clubs too. I know you want to keep cost down but there are creative ways to market today.

Even a simple basic web site to market the lens may be needed.

I have seen the younger kids are now really paying attention to the Fiero. This weekend was a good example of how they feel about the car. A web site that pops up with google would do much to helping people find it.

I know owners have been cheap but now we are seeing cars now start to increase in value so this may change soon.

I appreciate the coupe tail lamps but they are not hard to find a good set. The side sail panels have been hard to find in good condition in original and mixed in the repops. I'm running 84 SE glass panels as there were no real options I liked in the repops. I did not wan to tear apart my originals.

I just got a 31K mile GT on the road and he needs 85 panels.

Anyways I know I don't have a simple answer to this or I would offer it. But thanks for your efforts as this was something many have needed for a long time.

If not for this thread I would never have known and I have been a Fiero owner for 36 years.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2021 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 02greens10:

Do the old lenses come off in good condition? I have a decent set on my car now but I would like them perfect. I would like to be able to sell the take offs if I can to help recoup the purchase.

There is the old butyl that will have to be removed but anyone buying your old ones would expect this.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2021 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The major issue with removing the old lenses is that the tabs tend to break. A hairdryer and a lot of TLC might be able to save them. If you can lay them out in the sun to let them warm, it will help with the butyl sealer.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2021 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We have about 100 sets of new manufactured lenses available and probably 20 decorated and ready to ship. I've ordered 500 more sets of lenses for your Fastback Fiero but with logistics being what they are I have no idea when they will be here so get them while you can. www.bellyacrestudios.com

PFF
System Bot
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2022 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My Frugal Fiero Fans: Recently due to slow sales, I GM and I came to a mutual decision to end production of the Fiero Fastback tail light lenses. We still have about 650 lenses left waiting for decorations. We can not make more but we have until May 9, 2022 to sell the 650 what we have left in stock or what ever is decorated. It is currently unclear what will happen to the remaining lenses. We do know however, there will never be more made.......again...... If there was ever a time you should replace your lenses for your rig, future rig or just an investment, it is NOW. Many people are buying up stock to sell later and they damn sure won't cost less. Right now they are $450 + shipping and handling. I can't stress enough the importance of getting these lenses. Most of you have been with me all through the process and know the quality of these lenses. To order your lenses go to www.bellyacrestudios.com and place your order before May 9. After you place your order I will send you an invoice and you then pay that invoice. Many of the Fiero Forums have countless reviews that attest to their quality. Please, don't miss out on this opportunity to make your car look like new. If you have any problems ordering call 405 921 8903.

------------------
Goody & .......George

Skybax

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2022 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkybaxSend a Private Message to SkybaxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Reflecting on this project from beginning to end, its kinda sad when you consider the ridiculous amount of time and energy invested for this kind of ending (aka the GM licensing ordeal). On the bright side, your efforts did not go to waste, there are hundreds and hundreds of Fiero GT owners who have quality new taillights they never would have had, and hundreds more will still be in circulation in the years ahead for owners in need. Thanks again for taking on and investing in such a difficult project, and overcoming all the obstacles and criticism. <salute>
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2022 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you so much for such kind words. We are hoping to some how save the lenses. Feel free to tell your friends and let them know they will never have a better shot at replacing these troublesome lenses.

------------------
Goody & .......George

LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2022 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keith
I sent a request for clear lens on Monday maybe as late as Wednesday but I haven’t seen an invoice. Thought it was more of a quote for me but I am ready to order my second set. Great stuff and here is a bump.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2022 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
give me a call tomorrow 405 921 8903 and let's get this worked out
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2022 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

give me a call tomorrow 405 921 8903 and let's get this worked out

Bank card comprised yet again. I will give you a call when the new one arrives.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2022 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kieth,
I wanted to say a personal "Thank You" for what you have done for our little community. We aren't expensive Ferarris or collectible Rolls Royces. Our community members basically function on passion not price. Our cars willl never be the desirable show stealing cars...but somewhere along the line of life they stole our hearts. I can't even pass one on the road without wanting to buy it!!!!! Thank you for pursuing something we benefit from full knowing you would struggle to recover the cost of doing so on. Thank you for doing what some of us lack the knowledge, the capability, or he drive to do. Thank you for seeing it through to completion. and lastly, thank you for doing it with a smile on your face the whole way!! We are truly blessed.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2022 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not sure what to say to such a kind accolade. It has been quite the adventure and it isn't over yet for a few more months. I've made a lot of friends and also envision owners standing back six feet from their new taillights and noticing quite the change, Someday I really want to write a book about this--small book--about all the adventure, things we did wrong, things we did right and the ins and the outs of developing such a project. Thank you everyone.

------------------
Goody & .......George

LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2022 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

Kieth,
I wanted to say a personal "Thank You" for what you have done for our little community. We aren't expensive Ferarris or collectible Rolls Royces. Our community members basically function on passion not price. Our cars willl never be the desirable show stealing cars...but somewhere along the line of life they stole our hearts. I can't even pass one on the road without wanting to buy it!!!!! Thank you for pursuing something we benefit from full knowing you would struggle to recover the cost of doing so on. Thank you for doing what some of us lack the knowledge, the capability, or he drive to do. Thank you for seeing it through to completion. and lastly, thank you for doing it with a smile on your face the whole way!! We are truly blessed.

I totally agree and hope some money was made or at least broke even. Nobody wants to break even and maybe there is still money on the table to be made in April. I would have to have the my XRP crypto come out of the lawsuit and go to the moon before then but I would be willing to buy what is left and hold on to them for later sales. Hopefully if I can’t someone will make it happen as it would be such a waste to see a your hard work and great product be crushed.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 29 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock