Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  $$$$$$$$$$$$$ WOW! More updates on Fiero GT Tail light lens!!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ (Page 19)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 29 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
$$$$$$$$$$$$$ WOW! More updates on Fiero GT Tail light lens!!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ by kgoodyear
Started on: 05-10-2018 07:33 PM
Replies: 1147 (65830 views)
Last post by: kgoodyear on 10-17-2022 03:55 PM
GDC88

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2019 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GDC88Send a Private Message to GDC88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will do and looking forward to your call.

Greg
IP: Logged
kgoodyear

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2019 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
tazome

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2019 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tazomeSend a Private Message to tazomeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what are the payment options going to be? paypal?
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2019 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tazome:

what are the payment options going to be? paypal?

Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2019 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kgoodyear:

I have until Oct 1 to evaluate contracts and pay $18000 for royalties not yet paid. Yes, pre paid with no refund.

Out of curiosity, after the $18k are royalties done, or do they make you pay more later?

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 09-19-2019).]

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2019 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Out of curiosity, after the $18k are royalties done, or do they make you pay more later?

The $18k is GM's way to get their money if I should fail quickly in the early stages. This 18k is "escrow" for upcoming sales. Once that 18k is gone, I will file quarterly with them showing all sales. The royalties per quarter are significant. Most retail stores don't make in profit what GM charges for royalties! Royalties are charged on retail NOT wholesale. So, GM gets a percentage of every set sold at $450. I probably should not have tossed that information out there but I guess I was feeling a bit pissed and let it slip.

------------------
Goody & .......George

The beauty of a solution lies in its simplicity

[This message has been edited by kgoodyear (edited 09-19-2019).]

Trinten

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2019 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the update!

Sorry to hear GM is so hard on you about Royalties.

I'm really excited about this... as a matter of fact, I need to dig up the old email where I originally reached out to be in queue. I think I forgot to send the follow up email on the second set with the custom lettering option, if you're still offering that. (I'm off to read all the updates I haven't read!!)

Thanks again for all the work you guys have put into this. This is one of those very tricky pieces, and even with the restoration efforts out there, eventually the physical damage to the outside of the units would make even that difficult.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2019 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Trinten:

Thanks for the update!

I'm really excited about this... as a matter of fact, I need to dig up the old email where I originally reached out to be in queue. I think I forgot to send the follow up email on the second set with the custom lettering option, if you're still offering that. (I'm off to read all the updates I haven't read!!)

Thanks again for all the work you guys have put into this. This is one of those very tricky pieces, and even with the restoration efforts out there, eventually the physical damage to the outside of the units would make even that difficult.

Thanks so much for the encouraging words. Today I talked to finances and by the skin of my teeth the money mill is closed. As i have limitations on what I can do or say from GM. I'm going to suggest you keep your ear to the wire and you will find information on someone to decorate your lenses for you.

------------------
Goody & .......George

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2019 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

... I'm going to suggest you keep your ear to the wire and you will find information on someone to decorate your lenses for you.

tazome

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2019 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tazomeSend a Private Message to tazomeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello ther, I was wondering if the GM strike is going to cause any delay on the tail light lens production??
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2019 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tazome:

Hello ther, I was wondering if the GM strike is going to cause any delay on the tail light lens production??

GM's only roll in this project is to gut me for royalties and cause problems.
PFF
System Bot
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2019 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

kgoodyear

808 posts
Member since Apr 2014

Originally posted by Trinten:

Thanks for the update!

I'm having problems with your pm for some reason. try my email keith.goodyear@bellyacrestudios.com
jjd2296

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2019 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there a web page for purchasing orders
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2019 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jjd2296:

Is there a web page for purchasing orders

Or a new thread once they are actually ready and in stock? This thread reads like War and Peace..... I just want to buy some lenses when they are available without knowing the life story of a mouse....

thanks

[This message has been edited by cam-a-lot (edited 09-23-2019).]

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2019 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cam-a-lot:

Or a new thread once they are actually ready and in stock? This thread reads like War and Peace..... I just want to buy some lenses when they are available without knowing the life story of a mouse....

thanks

send email to keith.goodyear@bellyacrestudios.com, quantity, shipping address, cell phone number.

Rick Morehouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2019 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick MorehouseSend a Private Message to Rick MorehouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for adding me to the pre-order list. Rick
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2019 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sent. And thanks!
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2019 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Guys
We are getting so close to getting the license to use the Pontiac name.
For the success of this project I can’t emphasize the importance of realizing this is a two year project and everyone that needs these lenses needs to get them within the next two years.
No doubt sales will pick up once we start distribution but I know there are more GTs out there that our data are indicating right now.

------------------
Goody & .......George

Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2019 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Guys
We are getting so close to getting the license to use the Pontiac name.
For the success of this project I can’t emphasize the importance of realizing this is a two year project and everyone that needs these lenses needs to get them within the next two years.
No doubt sales will pick up once we start distribution but I know there are more GTs out there that our data are indicating right now.

Pontiac = The "old" GM

Funny how the "new" GM distances themselves and doesn't give a damn about the "old" GM but has no problem capitalizing on it.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2019 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2019 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats Keith! Must be gratifying to see those pics after all that effort & expense...
PFF
System Bot
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2019 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by David Hambleton:

Congrats Keith! Must be gratifying to see those pics after all that effort & expense...

Thanks for the kind words. It has been a long time coming for all of us. In the next day or two we will have our license.

Easy8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2019 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Easy8Send a Private Message to Easy8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats!! when you get a second get something cold and sit back and reread this

You can not make GTTail Light lenses for a profit

Then enjoy the drink and smile about the out come... Thanks
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2019 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Easy8:

Congrats!! when you get a second get something cold and sit back and reread this

You can not make GTTail Light lenses for a profit

Then enjoy the drink and smile about the out come... Thanks

OMG!!!! Did I say all that??? Sometime I want to tell you all the story. I owe it to the kind Frugal Fiero Fans and the naysayers saying it could not be done. We are go for throttle up.. Tomorrow I believe I sign the contract with GM. Thank you all.

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2019 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
👍🏼👍🏼
da.slyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2019 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for da.slyboySend a Private Message to da.slyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome. I'm glad you have remained consistent and followed through on your promise to bring the much needed item to the community. I feel you will get a much greater return than you realize because I suspect many haven't replied and are just waiting in the corners to see if these lenses truly become available (which it has)
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2019 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keith and George deserve this. What a long, strange trip its been > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuyaK0hGxWk
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2019 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Thunderstruck GT:

Keith and George deserve this. What a long, strange trip its been > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuyaK0hGxWk

Thanks Thunder!

[This message has been edited by kgoodyear (edited 09-27-2019).]

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2019 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

kgoodyear

808 posts
Member since Apr 2014
mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2019 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do we have a final cost shipped? Since I'm within that first 200 on your list, should we send payment now?
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2019 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mptighe:

Do we have a final cost shipped? Since I'm within that first 200 on your list, should we send payment now?

We think the shipping will be around $10->$20 (USA) and the handling around $15 (USA). We do not mark up postage.

PFF
System Bot
x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2019 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We think the shipping will be around $10->$20 (USA) and the handling around $15 (USA). We do not mark up postage.

What do you expect the shipping to Canada be like?
I could always have my set shipped to a US address and pick up from there if need be.

------------------

G.T. Fieros

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2019 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by x-thumpr-x:

I could always have my set shipped to a US address and pick up from there if need be.

I would strongly suggest sending to an address in USA. I think it will be much cheaper. I have several customers in Canada. Anyone outside USA and Canada must have an advocate in USA.

Bugzy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2019 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BugzySend a Private Message to BugzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will you be making some Notchback tail light lenses?
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2019 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

------------------
Goody & .......George

[This message has been edited by kgoodyear (edited 09-28-2019).]

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2019 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

kgoodyear

808 posts
Member since Apr 2014

Originally posted by Bugzy:

Will you be making some Notchback tail light lenses?

It all depends. There has been interest in making these lenses as well. There are several issues here though.

1) there were many more coupes made than GT so there are many more salvage lenses and frugal Fiero owners will opt for those before buying new
2) Coupe lenses are not over-molded so there is less to go wrong with them
3) Cost for making these lenses would be comparable to the GT lenses.
4) I've encouraged others before you to do the research, and convince me and once given the task they are quick to drop it. This speaks volumes

Convince me......
------------------
Goody & .......George

[This message has been edited by kgoodyear (edited 09-28-2019).]

David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2019 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by x-thumpr-x:

Shipping via United States Postal Service & Canada Post might be cost effective if the packaging isn't too big since there's no weight issue...

Shipping to Canada via courier results in additional fees that make shipping to a US address like http://247parcel.com/ worthwhile for larger & heavier items.

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2019 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

My bad ?
This thread was brought up in your link. My thought was on quarter windows of which some were delivered. I gave $250.00 and got nothing. I was just asking.
Should I have done it in your newer thread ?

Not that I brought this thread up for you but I thought you would be prouder reading this thread, knowing you proved them wrong.
Congratulations also.

Cliff,

Many of the earlier posts were started on new threads every time I thought I had something significant. Surely, there is a lot of history on those early threads--most of which was less than encouraging. After a couple of members pointed out the obvious now, I abandon the old threads and left them to history. No doubt if I write a book about the adventure I may access them.

Best thing is to follow progress reports on this theat

------------------
Goody & .......George

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2019 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cliff, ...
Best thing is to follow progress reports on this thread.

Believe me, I have been. I did not want to pollute this thread with a quarter window question of which I had a $250.00 interest in.

Sorry.
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2019 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I figured the clear lense would not be available but with the above pics I am wrong. I thought the Pontiac portion and lense was one piece so that delaminatiion would not be a problem. It has been so long ago I read this thread that I am now confused but not willing to read it all again. Congratulations on completing this project.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 29 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock