Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  $$$$$$$$$$$$$ WOW! More updates on Fiero GT Tail light lens!!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ (Page 15)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 29 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
$$$$$$$$$$$$$ WOW! More updates on Fiero GT Tail light lens!!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ by kgoodyear
Started on: 05-10-2018 07:33 PM
Replies: 1147 (65741 views)
Last post by: kgoodyear on 10-17-2022 03:55 PM
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2019 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Shho13:
I'm rooting hard for this project to succeed...

It will. In spite of 2m4Fastback's best efforts.

(With that said, I wonder which previously-banned troll from Dallas, he is. For a relative noob, he seems to know his way around. )
IP: Logged
mptighe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2019 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

It will. In spite of 2m4Fastback's best efforts.

(With that said, I wonder which previously-banned troll from Dallas, he is. For a relative noob, he seems to know his way around. )

Oooohhhh, you know, I didn't even consider this.....

[This message has been edited by mptighe (edited 04-10-2019).]

Fiero2m4Fastback

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-10-2019 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m4FastbackSend a Private Message to Fiero2m4FastbackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's right, someone with insight into polycarbonate products who discusses potential problems must be a banned troll. I've not told anyone what to do, but there seems to be a few people who think they should tell me what to do. I have yet to say anything that was untrue or irrelevant.

[This message has been edited by Fiero2m4Fastback (edited 04-10-2019).]

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2019 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, you raised your point Robert.
Got it.
GM did a lot of testing.
They like it well enough to meet their standards.
Maybe it's time to move on ?

If the troll shoe fits, and your repeated comments point to that.......then suspicion that you should wear that shoe isn't out of order.

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 04-10-2019).]

Fiero2m4Fastback

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-10-2019 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m4FastbackSend a Private Message to Fiero2m4FastbackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Explain these repeated comments and how it would be trolling? This is the same mentality people use to justify calling people who don't agree with them "NAZI". You're trying to justify your inflammatory behavior.

[This message has been edited by Fiero2m4Fastback (edited 04-10-2019).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2019 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't explain it because I don't understand the troll mentality.

Nor did I call you a troll, even though your repeated comments could make you suspect.

Move on man, you've made your point.

You're in danger of belaboring the topic.

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2019 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fiero2m4Fastback

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-10-2019 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m4FastbackSend a Private Message to Fiero2m4FastbackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You made the inference and again, I've said nothing untrue or irrelevant, you and a few others are the ones trolling and trashing the tread.

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Ok, you raised your point Robert.
Got it.
GM did a lot of testing.
They like it well enough to meet their standards.
Maybe it's time to move on ?

If the troll shoe fits, and your repeated comments point to that.......then suspicion that you should wear that shoe isn't out of order.

Quoted to make edits more obvious.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2019 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, this guy will not stop until he has the last word. LET HIM HAVE IT!!!

edit: I rest my case

[This message has been edited by kgoodyear (edited 04-10-2019).]

Fiero2m4Fastback

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-10-2019 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m4FastbackSend a Private Message to Fiero2m4FastbackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kgoodyear:

OK, this guy will not stop until he has the last word. LET HIM HAVE IT!!!

Call it what you want, for the 3rd time, I've said nothing untrue or irrelevant and no matter how loud the dogs bark, it's not going to get the reaction they want.
anaverin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2019 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for anaverinSend a Private Message to anaverinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As a supporter of kgoodyear, i am super happy about this project.

HOWEVER, 2m4fastback has been negative ,but pretty calm and consistent. He really isn't being a troll in the conventional sense, just saying things alot of don't agree with / don't want to hear.

He has brought a point that some may find important, not all of us find it relevant.

i think his concern has been heard, and it won't stop people from buying the product.Time will tell on the longevity. Frankly none of the plastic on the fiero really holds up to uv over time, from the gauge needles to the GT windows and taillights, it all kindof is a wash. So it wouldn't take much to meet the OE quality IMO.

Lets stop arguing and see what happens. No need to kick him off the thread, we can all be civil to each other.

------------------
86 SE FASTBACK T-TOPS
88 FORMULA 4.9
87 GT MEDIUM RED METALLIC stockish

EMAIL : Anaverin@gmail.com

PFF
System Bot
viperine

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2019 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for viperineSend a Private Message to viperineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm sorry, but why did George suddenly turn into a gerbil without notice? All the cheese we were planning to tempt him with is now pointless!

On a serious note, I have purchased gm approved restoration parts with satisfaction to the same degree that NOS parts have offered. I do default towards NOS when I can, "just because", but I have extremely little concern over the "quality" of the part our friend is breaking his back (and bank!) to make for us here.

Nothing lasts forever. This part will likely hold up regardless for the garage queens. Those of us with daily drivers or less-than-ideal parking situations pretty much take what we can get. Accidents happen, and clear plastics eventually lose their glamour.

The sad reality in the automotive world is that so many consumers refuse to take care of things. Forums, like this precious hoard of information here on Pennocks, are why some of us actually do lubricate moving parts, treat soft seals with silicone, and apply the best cleaners to our precious dashes (armor-all, anyone?).

If you really take care of your stuff, it'll last. Take a moment and think about investing more than funding. Your time and care of a product will ultimately show the results when everyone else is slapping "new" on because it has a scratch.

Keith, keep up the good work. I know you're doing anything and everything to provide us with a product that is headache-free for both parties.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2019 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well said viperine!
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2019 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by viperine:

I'm sorry, but why did George suddenly turn into a gerbil without notice? All the cheese we were planning to tempt him with is now pointless!

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2019 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by anaverin:

HOWEVER, 2m4fastback has been negative, but pretty calm and consistent. He really isn't being a troll in the conventional sense, just saying things alot of don't agree with / don't want to hear.

I think you meant to say... "2m4fastback has not been negative". That one little word makes quite a difference with what you were stating!

[EDIT] I see that Fiero2m4Fastback has now been banned. For what exactly, I don't know. Tough crowd.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 04-12-2019).]

GfierOT87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2019 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GfierOT87Send a Private Message to GfierOT87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've been following the forum since I knew what Kgoodyear was working on the tool to make the Taillight GT lens. I have a fierce gt and I am glad to know that I am in the process of going back to that much desired piece to come out again since TFS stopped doing them. These days I have been seeing that an issue has been created regarding the quality of the product. I do not want to create another issue either because it does not contribute to anything, but what I want to say is that we all own Fiero what we do not have to be an issue and demotivate the person or people who are working to achieve that taillight lens gt will be available again. We should give thanks that Kgoodyear and his team are working on this project. We must also support them as this allows us the owners of Fiero gt we can have them in optimal conditions. Also in this way he or other people can bring more projects so that our Fiero can be for many more years in the streets. Thanks kgoodyear success in this project and in others that you can do for the owners of Fiero.

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2019 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GfierOT87:

I've been following the forum since I knew what Kgoodyear was working on the tool to make the Taillight GT lens. I have a fierce gt and I am glad to know that I am in the process of going back to that much desired piece to come out again since TFS stopped doing them. These days I have been seeing that an issue has been created regarding the quality of the product. I do not want to create another issue either because it does not contribute to anything, but what I want to say is that we all own Fiero what we do not have to be an issue and demotivate the person or people who are working to achieve that taillight lens gt will be available again. We should give thanks that Kgoodyear and his team are working on this project. We must also support them as this allows us the owners of Fiero gt we can have them in optimal conditions. Also in this way he or other people can bring more projects so that our Fiero can be for many more years in the streets. Thanks kgoodyear success in this project and in others that you can do for the owners of Fiero.

Thank you for the feedback. In one way or another, everyone in their own way, has inspired me to stay on task. I've gotten some news this morning that it is hoped, ......George can release to you toward the end of the week.

------------------
Goody & .......George

The beauty of a solution lies in its simplicity

fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2019 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hurry! Was checking the oil on my 87 and noticed the left tail light was standing out away from the car. When I checked it, I found that the lens had turned loose from it's base. I need new lenses soon.

Do the lenses come with any method of sealing them to the base or any recommendations for doing that? I found that the inside of my light assembly had accumulated a lot of dust and debris once the seal was broken. Apparently it's been loose for a while. I had to install a cracked but intact set of spare tail light assemblies.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2019 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Hurry! Was checking the oil on my 87 and noticed the left tail light was standing out away from the car. When I checked it, I found that the lens had turned loose from it's base. I need new lenses soon.

Do the lenses come with any method of sealing them to the base or any recommendations for doing that? I found that the inside of my light assembly had accumulated a lot of dust and debris once the seal was broken. Apparently it's been loose for a while. I had to install a cracked but intact set of spare tail light assemblies.

My lenses do not come with a sealant but there are products available that come in a tube or in a rope that one can put in the groove of the reflector assembly. This will seal the lens to the housing but its purpose is to prevent moisture from coming into the housing it is not ment to hold the lens in place. That would be done by the clips on the lens on the perimeter.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2019 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, my clips and tabs were intact. Not sure why they turned loose at the top. It was only the left one.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2019 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by kgoodyear (edited 04-16-2019).]

PFF
System Bot
Fiero Vice

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-16-2019 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Excellent job!

[This message has been edited by Fiero Vice (edited 04-17-2019).]

Shho13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2019 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yay! Great job! This is such a big milestone!

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2019 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2019 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

.......George wanted to let you guys know the DOT number is now part of the tool and have met another GM requirement.
hercimer01

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2019 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are P1 lenses production ones to be sold?

Can we find out a lead time based on where were at in the wait list?
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2019 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hercimer01:
Are P1 lenses production ones to be sold?
Can we find out a lead time based on where were at in the wait list?

As you may have guessed, yes, P1 is for production 1 of the lenses. Unfortunately our order was a very small one because GM is requiring tests on this series as well. From this batch, we have to send a final production lens along with another test on the P1 to GM before they will give me my license. We have no reason to believe the lens will fail. Equipment necessary for decorating has arrived and we are getting used to how it works. We are doing more of the work ourselves to keep our cost, and yours, down.

We also are looking at another demand from GM that we start distribution at the beginning of a quarter. We were not able to make Q2 so that makes it Q3. It's not all bad news though. As soon as GM gets me my license, we will shoot P2 which will be 1000 sets of lenses. Shipping is going to take a while and we will immediately begin decorating and building a back stock. We still have some logistics that need tweaking.

Now for your question about where you are in the list. First make sure you got a conformation of a return email stating I have added you to the preorder list. The first order was placed on 7/7/18 and the last just last week. Some orders are for multiple lenses but most are for single lenses. We are doing what we can to streamline the decorating process but not at the expense of quality. While I have looked up if someone is in my list it is difficult to tell where you are in the list. I realize you are excited about receiving your lenses but not as much as I am ready to get them going out the door.

Remember this is a two year project so it is best to get your order in within those two years. Don't take chances on me keeping a backstock as this is a poor business practice.
hercimer01

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2019 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is your email adress?
I cant find the email adress for you when I sent my registration for the wait list.

Can you edit the first post in this thread with purchasing infoplease?

Edit; I did send an email. earlier.

[This message has been edited by hercimer01 (edited 04-25-2019).]

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2019 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hercimer01:

What is your email adress?
I cant find the email adress for you when I sent my registration for the wait list.

Can you edit the first post in this thread with purchasing infoplease?

To place a preorder, (no down payment or obligation),
1) Send email to keith.goodyear@bellyacrestudios.com
2) Select the description and the quantity.
- Clear no decoration
- Clear decorated (this is like the OEM)
- Custom decorated Clear
3) Type your name
4) Shipping address
5) phone number
Once I receive your order I’ll put you in the pre order queue and will reply to you in the same email.
Lenses are sold only in pairs. We estimate the cost to be $400 USD + shipping and handling + applicable taxes.
It is difficult to be able to say when they will be ready as the product must be perfect and certain critical business practices must be in place to protect you, me and my investments.
My license restricts me to shipping only to Canada, America and Mexico.
I regularly post progress reports and answers to questions on the PFF Forum: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/098250.html
Once they are ready for distribution we will notify you.
Here are some videos you might enjoy in the meantime.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx7-bfBoBiI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EanCjtDkbuc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-HUsJWEtko&t=9s
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2019 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We also are looking at another demand from GM that we start distribution at the beginning of a quarter.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 04-28-2019).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2019 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Remember this is a two year project so it is best to get your order in within those two years. Don't take chances on me keeping a backstock as this is a poor business practice.

I have not committed as on any given day the funds may or may not be available. I can make it happen depending on when.

With all your time, effort, and tooling expense, might you produce another run time to time ?

I would think (but what do I know) that a small back stock would be a good business practice. If for nothing else, for the poor souls who happen to run into the back of our beloved GT's. That's on their insurance. The very poor soul who owns a GT will be glad you did. He might even have just bought a set from you.
PFF
System Bot
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2019 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

I have not committed as on any given day the funds may or may not be available. I can make it happen depending on when.

With all your time, effort, and tooling expense, might you produce another run time to time ?

I would think (but what do I know) that a small back stock would be a good business practice. If for nothing else, for the poor souls who happen to run into the back of our beloved GT's. That's on their insurance. The very poor soul who owns a GT will be glad you did. He might even have just bought a set from you.

My business plan to date is to keep it a 2 year business plan with a 6 month exit strategy I will have the tools put into storage and they will remain available for several years. I will make as many runs of 1000 I can sell. Keeping an inventory is probably what is going to be left over after the exit strategy.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2019 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My business plan to date is to keep it a 2 year business plan with a 6 month exit strategy. I will have the tools put into storage and they will remain available for several years. I will make as many runs of 1000 I can sell. Keeping an inventory is probably what is going to be left over after the exit strategy.

What's next ? Making exact replacement GT rear quarter windows ?

Hint hint.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2019 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hint hint.

While I do not have rear quarter sails on my GT (I have a scoop) it is my understanding The Fiero Store has some that are supposed to be very good. You might want to check them out.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2019 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

While I do not have rear quarter sails on my GT (I have a scoop) it is my understanding The Fiero Store has some that are supposed to be very good. You might want to check them out.

Thank you.
I have not checked them out because mine are in really decent shape.

I did however buy a set of new old GM stock, in the original boxes, off E-bay. $800.00 and change.
Just in case.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 05-01-2019).]

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2019 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hint hint.

Thank you.
I have not checked them out because mine are in really decent shape.

I did however buy a set of new old GM stock, in the original boxes, off E-bay. $800.00 and change.
Just in case.

This I think is why when someone says they are going to make something for the Fiero, everyone says I want it! It looks like the demand is there, then when it is made, no one is interested in purchasing said item.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2019 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:
This I think is why when someone says they are going to make something for the Fiero, everyone says I want it! It looks like the demand is there, then when it is made, no one is interested in purchasing said item.

I understand your sentiment. I don't think my posts did that. I did not say I want it. Also, I would have indeed bought them if he made them, if I had not spent $800.00 on exact replacement 1/4 windows.

I hinted with the suggestion for Fiero owners at large. Who indeed spent money on replacement 1/4 windows, only to be somewhat dissatisfied because they were not of exact curvatures. There are so many comments of members advising that so and so makes / sells the closest to exact fit.

Fact is, I do not need his brake light lenses but I am going to buy a set. Maybe / possibly two, as I have an 86GT parts Fiero with good lights but one with a crack / small hole.
lorennerol

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2019 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:
GM determined that they are good enough to put their name on, and sell as a licensed General Motors product.

Knowing all of this is certainly good enough for me.

GM has put their name on some real garbage, so I'm not sure I concur about that moniker being one that denotes certain quality. On my Saturn Sky: The cheap hose clamps on the charge air system leak causing CELs, the intercooler sintering fails, the passenger cup holder typically lasts about six uses before breaking, the door sills delaminate if they get too warm, the water pump fails around 30,000 miles, the stereo and other lighted gauges cannot be read in sunlight, the calipers rust within months, the plastic door handles fail and pull right out of the door, the plastic wheel well liners crack and fail in less than 10,000 miles. I've had every one of these issues, some more than once, and my Sky has 28,000 miles.

All that said, I am glad some testing was done on the tail lights and hope to see a production set in person soon.
Shho13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2019 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lorennerol:

GM has put their name on some real garbage, so I'm not sure I concur about that moniker being one that denotes certain quality. On my Saturn Sky: The cheap hose clamps on the charge air system leak causing CELs, the intercooler sintering fails, the passenger cup holder typically lasts about six uses before breaking, the door sills delaminate if they get too warm, the water pump fails around 30,000 miles, the stereo and other lighted gauges cannot be read in sunlight, the calipers rust within months, the plastic door handles fail and pull right out of the door, the plastic wheel well liners crack and fail in less than 10,000 miles. I've had every one of these issues, some more than once, and my Sky has 28,000 miles.

All that said, I am glad some testing was done on the tail lights and hope to see a production set in person soon.

Yeah! Let's face it, mid-late 2000's GM wasn't a good era...

The series 2 3800s may have been practically bulletproof (minus the deterioration of the LIM gasket prematurely from Dexcool, and shoddy coolant elbows by the water pump that crack), stuff would fall apart with normal use, like the radio buttons literally melting away and deteriorating on my moms 05 Monte, as well as a bunch of electric issues my sister's 05 Malibu has; including how sometimes she can't pull the key out of the ignition switch intermittently... (I think this may be a recall?)

GM can and will license crappy pars that won't last!

These lenses look *really* well made. Probably 1000% better and over-engineered than anything GM would put out...

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

[This message has been edited by Shho13 (edited 05-05-2019).]

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2019 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keith Goodyear has invested a good amount of research, money and time to bring these tail light covers to market. I have every reason to believe that they will be great reproductions. I hope that he shows the finished products at Carlisle

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 29 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock