Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  $$$$$$$$$$$$$ WOW! More updates on Fiero GT Tail light lens!!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ (Page 17)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 29 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
$$$$$$$$$$$$$ WOW! More updates on Fiero GT Tail light lens!!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ by kgoodyear
Started on: 05-10-2018 07:33 PM
Replies: 1147 (65740 views)
Last post by: kgoodyear on 10-17-2022 03:55 PM
David Hambleton

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2019 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ken Keith travelled 1261 miles from Edmond Oklahoma to Carlisle, donated a set of lenses for a draw, served up a fabulous wheel of cheddar and appears to be wrestling successfully with a lumbering behemoth corporation!
I hope his venture rewards him in kind. And I'm a notchback guy...

[This message has been edited by David Hambleton (edited 06-25-2019).]

IP: Logged
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2019 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wonder if George feels like a trip to Frazee at the end of July?

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 06-23-2019).]

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2019 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by David Hambleton:

Ken travelled 1261 miles from Edmond Oklahoma to Carlisle, donated a set of lenses for a draw...........

I think you mean "Keith"

yamaha94

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2019 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yamaha94Send a Private Message to yamaha94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
keith - ken meh same thing... i called george greg the whole time. He didnt correct me at all.
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2019 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was great to meet you Keith. Cant wait for the final product!
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2019 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

------------------
Goody & .......George

The beauty of a solution lies in its simplicity

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2019 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

kgoodyear

808 posts
Member since Apr 2014

------------------
Goody & .......George

LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2019 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is that the last GM bump in the road? Your perseverance is probably better than mine but at this point I am sure you have many $ invested and can’t give up. I hope you sell more than expected and get to live the good life after your well deserved profit. As Rush says time for an extreme profit break.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2019 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

------------------
Goody & .......George

Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2019 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey.......

Who cut the cheese
hercimer01

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2019 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kgoodyear:

Where do you find these pictures?
PFF
System Bot
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2019 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2019 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are these lenses ready for purchase or not? Sorry, don't have the patience to read through all the pages, just curious

thanks
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2019 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you very much for your interest in our Fiero GT tail light lenses!!
To place a preorder, (no down payment or obligation),
1) Send email to keith.goodyear@bellyacrestudios.com
2) Select the description and the quantity.
- Clear no decoration
- Clear decorated (this is like the OEM)
- Custom decorated Clear
3) Type your name
4) Shipping address
5) phone number
Once I receive your order I’ll put you in the pre order queue and will reply to you in the same email.
Lenses are sold only in pairs. We estimate the cost to be $400 USD + shipping and handling + applicable taxes.
It is difficult to be able to say when they will be ready as the product must be perfect and certain critical business practices must be in place to protect you, me and my investments.
My license restricts me to shipping only to Canada, America and Mexico.
I regularly post progress reports and answers to questions on the PFF Forum: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/098250.html
Once they are ready for distribution we will notify you.
Here are some videos you might enjoy in the meantime.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx7-bfBoBiI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EanCjtDkbuc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-HUsJWEtko&t=9s
We look forward to hearing from you soon!

------------------
Goody & .......George

Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2019 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Keith,

two questions: is the black out decor inside the lens the same as the factory original or have you used a different method to avoid the same delamination problem over time?

also, will you have a website ordering system in place and are you set up to take credit cards or paypal ?
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2019 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The method of decorating is far different and won't delaminate. The process is proprietary.

I wish George could redo my website to include or even feature the lenses but the code is long gone so i depend on my email and PFF and a little bit of FaceBook. So right now I am depending on these social outlets, word of mouth and going to Fiero shows and sharing the product with Frugal Fiero Fans like yourself.

I will be using Quick Books so I will be able to use MC, Visa and PayPal as well. I will not take checks and all costs must be paid before it goes out the door. All orders must go through my email and I do not take phone orders gracefully so avoid that.

George will gracefully answer any questions that come through the email but to talk to George on the phone ends up being a very confusing series of squeaks and peeps so just email either of us with your questions, comments, compliments, complaints concerns or orders.

George@bellyacrestudios.com
keith.goodyear@bellyacrestudios.com

------------------
Goody & .......George

[This message has been edited by kgoodyear (edited 07-15-2019).]

Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2019 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd never bother George, I know how busy he is
Mike in Sydney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2019 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike in SydneySend a Private Message to Mike in SydneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keith, What's the latest on the lens project? (Enquiring minds want to know )

------------------
Mike in Sydney

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2019 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As always, I have tried to be as transparent as possible. In turn I thank you for your enthusiasm and support as we work through this project. With a product as complicated as these lenses are, we have had some problems but nothing that is unexpected. The bottom line is that we are able adapt to these challenges and it is hoped Frugal Fiero Fans continue to have the patience they have had over the past (thirty-) three years.
As we have stated, our QA standards are set at a very high bar and this, along with language and cultural barriers with China have netted us some benefits and challenges. We benefit with an affordable product yet the ongoing challenge is a slower response time and not having the control over production process as desired which leads to a delay in a finished product.
Yet again I need to tell all of you that there is another delay in having product ready to deliver. My entire team is working diligently to remedy these issues.
Writing this kind of update kills me each time. All I want to do is tell everyone that the new lenses are ready for purchase. My end goal is making a product worthy of the Fiero and the Fiero community.
The long wait will be worth it.
viperine

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2019 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for viperineSend a Private Message to viperineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Keith/George. Have you given much thought to how you'll suggest installation? Will an adhesive be provided or suggested? I am eagerly awaiting these lenses, and have multiple GT's that vary from original lenses to FieroStore lenses, adhered with factory "goop" to blue silicone, respectively *facepalm*

I was just curious if you tried tackling this part of your product yet.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2019 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
Mike in Sydney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2019 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike in SydneySend a Private Message to Mike in SydneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the update, Keith. We appreciate the trouble and effort.
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2019 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey George!

What's the latest word?
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2019 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

George
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2019 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mike in Sydney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2019 02:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike in SydneySend a Private Message to Mike in SydneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You "da Man", Mr. G.
turbodad2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2019 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbodad2Send a Private Message to turbodad2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hercimer01:

Where do you find these pictures?

Reminds me of the movie “Dinner for Schmucks,”
Larry Nakamura

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2019 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larry NakamuraSend a Private Message to Larry NakamuraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I now get to be one of the Fiero owners that needs to fix a tail light assembly
after a fellow car club member back into my 88GT and broke the passenger tail
light assembly lens. I have added my name to the waiting list, but I have a few
questions.

1: I will need to give a price for the lens cover to the insurance company. So
do I tell them $400 plus shipping to California, or should I tell them it's
probably going to be more? I would hate to tell then a number and have it turn
out it actually cost more.

2: Can you have a utube video of how to take off the old lens and put the new
one on? Looking at the lens cover it looks like the bottom is held on with 3
clips. Not sure about the top. Is there any cutting involved?

3: I think they originally used something like 3M Windo-Weld Ribbon Sealer to
seal up the tail light assembly (auto glass replacement kit). It's like a rubber/tar
material that doesn't try up over time.
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2019 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello. Is this product available for sale now? I really don't want to spend an reading through 18 pages of chat, just looking for a yes or no answer please. Maybe a new For Sale thread would be great if they are actually available now?

thanks, much appreciated
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2019 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

------------------
Goody & .......George

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2019 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

kgoodyear

808 posts
Member since Apr 2014

Originally posted by cam-a-lot:

Hello. Is this product available for sale now? I really don't want to spend an reading through 18 pages of chat, just looking for a yes or no answer please. Maybe a new For Sale thread would be great if they are actually available now?

thanks, much appreciated

While the product is not for sale yet, I strongly suggest you get your name on a no cost or obligation waiting list that get you in the queue to receive a set as they arrive from the decorator. Once the lenses start being distributed I am sure you will see plenty of activity on this thread as well as FaceBook. Use the instructions below to put your name in the preorder queue.

To place a preorder, (no down payment or obligation),
1) open an email to keith.goodyear@bellyacrestudios.com
2) Select the description and the quantity.
- Clear no decoration
- Clear decorated (this is like the OEM)
- Custom decorated Clear
3) Type your name
4) Shipping address
5) phone number
Once I receive your order I’ll put you in the pre order queue and will reply to you in the same email.
Lenses are sold only in pairs. We estimate the cost to be $400 USD + shipping and handling + applicable taxes.
I regularly post progress reports and answers to questions on the PFF Forum: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/098250.html
Once they are ready for distribution we will notify you.
Here are some videos you might enjoy in the meantime.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx7-bfBoBiI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EanCjtDkbuc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-HUsJWEtko&t=9s
Lenses are GM Certified Restoration Parts licensed by GM (pending)
We look forward to hearing from you soon!

PFF
System Bot
Larry Nakamura

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2019 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larry NakamuraSend a Private Message to Larry NakamuraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, So I guessing the price will go up a bit say $425 + shipping ($25) + handling ($25).
Therefore I will tell the insurance company it will be $475 for the lens. Does that sound good?
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2019 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Larry Nakamura:

OK, So I guessing the price will go up a bit say $425 + shipping ($25) + handling ($25).
Therefore I will tell the insurance company it will be $475 for the lens. Does that sound good?

I think this would be a pretty fair estimate. That being said, it is imperative you get your order in immediately. It might be helpful to reiterate your situation in the preorder.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2019 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

kgoodyear

808 posts
Member since Apr 2014

Recently I asked my toolmaker about the status of our order with China. What is on their way are lenses that are proofs of the production run. We are all anxious to take possession of the proofs and if they pass QA, finally place our final order.

------------------
Goody & .......George

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2019 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

kgoodyear

808 posts
Member since Apr 2014

------------------
Goody & .......George

cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2019 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What you are looking at are ejector pins. The two halves of the mold are called core and cavity. If you have mold specific questions and the Chinese molder is sending you technical jargon that is not clear, please feel free to PM me and I will do my best to help. Have built and ran many injection molds, so I am very familiar with them

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2019 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keith ... Pre-Order sent. THANK YOU !!!!

------------------

My PFF Store
Black Widow Build Thread 2007 - 2014
Tylers Toy

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2019 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

Keith ... Pre-Order sent. THANK YOU !!!!

Thanks! I got it!!! We are getting closer and closer to distribution of an absolutely beautiful product. It has become apparent to the team of just how what seems a simple object can have so many challenges.

------------------
Goody & .......George

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2019 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

kgoodyear

808 posts
Member since Apr 2014

------------------
Goody & .......George

Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2019 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just sent you a email to add me to your list. Thank you for all your hard work.

Thomas

------------------
1987 Fiero GT T-Top
1988 Fiero Formula
2018 Ford Ecosport Ecoboost
2017 Kia Forte S

FieroNews
FieroNews Spare Tire Cover
FieroNews Windshield Banners
FieroNews Hoodies and T-Shirts

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 29 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock