Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  $$$$$$$$$$$$$ WOW! More updates on Fiero GT Tail light lens!!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ (Page 25)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 29 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
$$$$$$$$$$$$$ WOW! More updates on Fiero GT Tail light lens!!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ by kgoodyear
Started on: 05-10-2018 07:33 PM
Replies: 1147 (65741 views)
Last post by: kgoodyear on 10-17-2022 03:55 PM
kgoodyear

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2019 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Trinten:

Awesome! How do we get on the purchase list out of this run? Just shoot you an email again?

Yes. Send your name, address and phone to keith.goodyear@bellyacrestudios.com

IP: Logged
marlonthewhitecat

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2019 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for marlonthewhitecatSend a Private Message to marlonthewhitecatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I assembled and installed my tail light lenses the other day. It was easy, fit was perfect. And it looks great, fabulous actually. Very happy.

Nothing fancy, mostly stock 88GT, high mileage. I love driving it though.

[This message has been edited by marlonthewhitecat (edited 12-28-2019).]

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2019 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by marlonthewhitecat:

I assembled and installed my tail light lenses the other day. It was easy, fit was perfect. And it looks great, fabulous actually. Very happy.

Wonderful! the final stoke on a work of art! Thanks for the feedback. Can you send pictures. If you send them to me I will put them up for you. People really love to check out the pictures.

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2019 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Most of the butyl tapes I have found are too wide and must be hand rolled to reduce it's size. The windshield setting tape I have on hand is 3/8 inch square.

This material is what's used for attaching the door moisture barriers. It's already in a 1/4 inch round roll and is narrower than the channel on the tail light housing. One roll should be able to do both tail lights.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B...?tag=viglink20337-20 3M 08620 Window-Weld 1/4"
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2019 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierofool

12808 posts
Member since Jan 2002
George said that after all the trouble he and Keith went through to bring these lenses to market, he's not letting them out of his sight.

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post12-29-2019 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

George said that after all the trouble he and Keith went through to bring these lenses to market, he's not letting them out of his sight.

It seems that George has been mouseknapped!

I do not post in this thread much. Just wanted to say how amazing this has become. Thanks to those involved.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2019 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:
It seems that George has been mouseknapped!

I do not post in this thread much. Just wanted to say how amazing this has become. Thanks to those involved.

George is well traveled!

Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2019 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[size=2][/size]More installed pics:

Jim

[This message has been edited by Jim88GT (edited 12-31-2019).]

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2019 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's nice to see the detail, but could you reduce the size a little to fit the screen? It makes reading the rest of the thread a little difficult, having to scroll side to side to see the full text. Thanks.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2019 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierofool

12808 posts
Member since Jan 2002

Originally posted by fierofool:

Most of the butyl tapes I have found are too wide and must be hand rolled to reduce it's size. The windshield setting tape I have on hand is 3/8 inch square.

This material is what's used for attaching the door moisture barriers. It's already in a 1/4 inch round roll and is narrower than the channel on the tail light housing. One roll should be able to do both tail lights.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B...?tag=viglink20337-20 3M 08620 Window-Weld 1/4"

A word of warning when ordering this through NAPA. Even though their online ordering idicates the pricing for 1 roll, and that's what I ordered and paid for, when I arrived at the store to pick it up, they said NAPA wouldn't allow them to sell an individual roll. I had to buy a case at $256.00.

I took my NAPA receipt to O'Rielly's Auto Parts and they ordered 1 roll and price-matched NAPA's $12.20 price even though they list it at $25 per roll.
88TTopGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2019 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88TTopGTSend a Private Message to 88TTopGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a fix for the yellowing o we time on the polycarbonate. I am a Detail shop manager and IDA certified detailer of 25 yrs. There is a ceramic coating that is used specifically for this purpose, it’s chemical composition is pure silicon carbide. The product ensures no loss of gloss or degradation from UV exposure including yellowing. It should be applied when new to get the maximum benefit, but corrective wet sanding, then compounding can be done to expose a perfect surface for the coating application on used parts.
PFF
System Bot
Trinten

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2019 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88TTopGT:

I have a fix for the yellowing o we time on the polycarbonate. I am a Detail shop manager and IDA certified detailer of 25 yrs. There is a ceramic coating that is used specifically for this purpose, it’s chemical composition is pure silicon carbide. The product ensures no loss of gloss or degradation from UV exposure including yellowing. It should be applied when new to get the maximum benefit, but corrective wet sanding, then compounding can be done to expose a perfect surface for the coating application on used parts.

Product name? There are a few "ceramic nanocoats" out there designed for automotive paint and even wheels.... if you've used this stuff for years without any issues, knowing exactly what to get would be a benefit.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2019 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88TTopGT:

The stuff I have seen was called F11 and the owner had been using it since he got the original lenses and I was really impressed!!! I don't know if this is what TTop was talking about but nevertheless I was really impressed.

A_Pegasi

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2020 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for A_PegasiSend a Private Message to A_PegasiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No Pix yet, but both my OEM lenses lit "Pontiac" and custom "Blank" lenses have arrived and they look FANTASTIC!

Thank you Keith & George!!

------------------
A_Pegasi
RCHal486@aol.com

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2020 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by A_Pegasi:

No Pix yet, but both my OEM lenses lit "Pontiac" and custom "Blank" lenses have arrived and they look FANTASTIC!

Thank you Keith & George!!

YEAH!!! Boss Man is gonna be happy.
By the way you can access the latest version of the instruction manual here:

Care and Application of the new Fiero Tail Light lenses
Hortguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2020 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HortguySend a Private Message to HortguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I received THE call from Keith on the evening of Thursday, January 10 as we drove to dinner. I found his email and quickly paid my money. I received a shipping notification early the next morning (Friday) and received my new lenses a few minutes ago (Monday, January 13)! The packaging is solid (double-wall cardboard with individually wrapped and padded lenses placed in such a way that it would be almost impossible to harm them opening the box). However, it looks like one of George's assisatants got a little too close to the stapler during the packing process. I promise we'll take good care of the little guy. Thanks George (and Keith!)

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2020 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hortguy:

I received THE call from Keith on the evening of Thursday, January 10 as we drove to dinner. I found his email and quickly paid my money. I received a shipping notification early the next morning (Friday) and received my new lenses a few minutes ago (Monday, January 13)! The packaging is solid (double-wall cardboard with individually wrapped and padded lenses placed in such a way that it would be almost impossible to harm them opening the box). However, it looks like one of George's assisatants got a little too close to the stapler during the packing process. I promise we'll take good care of the little guy. Thanks George (and Keith!)

OH WHAT FUN!!!! Surely would like to see some pictures after they are installed. We were wondering where George's cousin went. Cheese--lots of cheese!

------------------
Goody & .......George

The beauty of a solution lies in its simplicity

topcat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2020 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I am extremely late to the game - I have not been of the forum and really too busy to read thru 25 pages of responses. I got thru the first three pages. Is there a single link to a website to order these, or do I need to follow the directions on the page 1 post which more than a year old?

I would like to buy a set as a spare set.

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2020 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by topcat:

So I am extremely late to the game - I have not been of the forum and really too busy to read thru 25 pages of responses. I got thru the first three pages. Is there a single link to a website to order these, or do I need to follow the directions on the page 1 post which more than a year old?

I would like to buy a set as a spare set.

One can cut to the chase by sending an email to keith.goodyear@bellyacrestudios.com. Include your name, shipping address, cell phone number and finally the quantity. That will get you on the list.
topcat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2020 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kgoodyear:

One can cut to the chase by sending an email to keith.goodyear@bellyacrestudios.com. Include your name, shipping address, cell phone number and finally the quantity. That will get you on the list.

Email sent. Thanks
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2020 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm patiently waiting.
I have been in communication with David, and have already finalized what I need. Told him that I am not in a hurry, but I am excited nonetheless.
I'll post pics when I get them installed. Will be... different.

------------------
Raydar
88 Formula IMSA Fastback. 4.9, NVG T550

Praise the Lowered!

PFF
System Bot
copperhens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2020 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for copperhensSend a Private Message to copperhensEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keith, I see you’re putting out feelers for making notchback lights. I don’t have a notchback, so sadly it wouldn’t apply to me.

Would you ever think to reproduce the backs of the tail lights? One of my tabs is completely broken, and two others are cracked!
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2020 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by copperhens:

Keith, I see you’re putting out feelers for making notchback lights. I don’t have a notchback, so sadly it wouldn’t apply to me.

Would you ever think to reproduce the backs of the tail lights? One of my tabs is completely broken, and two others are cracked!

There are so many notchback cars available for salvage that making a part that is not in high demand is futile--as far as a profitable enterprise. Even with the current demand for lenses i am cautious in thinking there is room for profit.

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2020 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got my lenses today! Quite nice. Quite!

My wife even said, "You did good with those!"

I'll post pics, later on.

------------------
Raydar
88 Formula IMSA Fastback. 4.9, NVG T550

Praise the Lowered!

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 01-24-2020).]

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2020 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tinted with a honeycomb pattern.

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2020 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Tinted with a honeycomb pattern.

SWEET!! Others might be interested!

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2020 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's a vinyl wrap film made by Vvivid. The Vvivid Hex+ wrap can be applied the same way as vinyl wrap. I applied it to the inside of the lens, heated it to set the adhesive, and trimmed it.
Rick Morehouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2020 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick MorehouseSend a Private Message to Rick MorehouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool-very cool. ?does the pattern appear somewhat darker when not back lit as much?

Mr. Goodyear, any update on the 800 sets shipped from China? Thanks
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2020 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rick Morehouse:

You bet. The lenses (p2) have arrived and going into storage in Chicago tomorrow. Why Chicago? Because that is where they are decorated. There are 12 pallets of lenses. Man! that is a lot of lenses. You have to help me sell them now please! The sooner we sell these the sooner we can start another project.

-- George

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2020 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cool-very cool. ?does the pattern appear somewhat darker when not back lit as much?

It's just a very subtle addition to the lighting. When everything is off, the lights will appear darker than normal, and there will be a faint pattern. I have a darker version of the tint, but it was too dark to get by without risking a ticket.
da.slyboy

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2020 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for da.slyboySend a Private Message to da.slyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, I feel fortunate that I was part of the P1 group!! Payment was easy, shipment was quick, and lens look fantastic. Best part, is that since these lens will be my spares, I no longer have to get nervous any time I or an object gets within 5 feet of my taillights
PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2020 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by da.slyboy:

Wow, I feel fortunate that I was part of the P1 group!! Payment was easy, shipment was quick, and lens look fantastic. Best part, is that since these lens will be my spares, I no longer have to get nervous any time I or an object gets within 5 feet of my taillights

I'd actually use these as your daily drivers and put your OEM ones away safely.
Rick Morehouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2020 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick MorehouseSend a Private Message to Rick MorehouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well Sir Mr. Goodyear; I'd very much like to advance your sales, maybe here on the East Coast as an outlet, however I'm not prepared nor able to provide a suitable business/property that would meet your standards. Also as I've stated & shown on this forum I'm "NOT" the most computer savvy person. Granted, my wife's been on me to go to Tech for their CFD course which I just haven't done. Too many other projects pop up. And I truly believe you have a super grasp on the Fiero needs(things that need/could be re-made, that is @ a profit), that my scope/vision may not compliment yours. I believe between the Fiero Factory, The Fiero Store & your outlet & a few other folks making Fiero stuff, we Fiero fools are well served. With Respect. Rick

Look forward to getting my lens sets.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2020 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well Sir Mr. Goodyear; I'd very much like to advance your sales, maybe here on the East Coast as an outlet, however I'm not prepared nor able to provide a suitable business/property that would meet your standards. Also as I've stated & shown on this forum I'm "NOT" the most computer savvy person. Granted, my wife's been on me to go to Tech for their CFD course which I just haven't done. Too many other projects pop up. And I truly believe you have a super grasp on the Fiero needs(things that need/could be re-made, that is @ a profit), that my scope/vision may not compliment yours. I believe between the Fiero Factory, The Fiero Store & your outlet & a few other folks making Fiero stuff, we Fiero fools are well served. With Respect. Rick

Look forward to getting my lens sets.

Thank you for the feedback. It is still undecided if we are going to take on another project. It really depends when my investment is returned and if the profit I make will support another project. Having gone through all the steps I feel confident in doing another PolyCarbonate project for GM. There is also a chance GM may have a project they want us to do. That would be an interesting challenge. But, first I've got to get my investment returned and prove myself to my financial advisor.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2020 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll just drop these here.

Aside from wanting to showcase Goody's lenses, I'll ask everyone a question...
This is actually a test fitting.
One reflector is chrome. The other is painted white, in all bulb positions.
Does anyone care to guess which side is which? Or state an opinion for which side looks brighter? (I really can't tell a difference, but it's pretty bright in my garage.)

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 02-01-2020).]

Rick Morehouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2020 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick MorehouseSend a Private Message to Rick MorehouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dang Raydar, It's hard to distinguish the difference, my guess is the pass. side is backed by the chrome reflector. No matter, that looks super.
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2020 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:
Aside from wanting to showcase Goody's lenses, I'll ask everyone a question...
This is actually a test fitting.
One reflector is chrome. The other is painted white, in all bulb positions.
Does anyone care to guess which side is which? Or state an opinion for which side looks brighter? (I really can't tell a difference, but it's pretty bright in my garage.)

Lol! I dunno about the lumens emanating from the lenses, but I'm bright enough to see the difference between those lenses and lenses that fit MY Formula...

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2020 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dang Raydar, It's hard to distinguish the difference, my guess is the pass. side is backed by the chrome reflector. No matter, that looks super.

Looking at the pics, it's hard to tell. Heck... standing behind the car and staring at it, it's hard to tell.
The right side is actually using white reflectors. Standing behind the car and looking at the glow very carefully, the white reflection seems to be more uniform, from near the bulb, to away from the bulb.
The chrome reflector tends to be marginally brighter, but concentrates the brightest part of the reflection to the area right around the bulb.
I'm doing them both in white, but I wouldn't recommend going go to the trouble, if you don't have any reason to. (Like both of your reflectors are in good shape, etc.)

Of course, if I go to LEDs, the story may change.

Anyway... didn't intend to hijack. Get your orders in! I don't think you'll be disappointed.
88FieroGT TTops

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2020 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FieroGT TTopsSend a Private Message to 88FieroGT TTopsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got mine yesterday!!--they look great!!--will put them on when weather gets better

------------------
Pat Jones

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2020 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88FieroGT TTops:

Got mine yesterday!!--they look great!!--will put them on when weather gets better

Send pictures when you get them mounted!

------------------
Goody & .......George

The beauty of a solution lies in its simplicity

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 29 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock