Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  $$$$$$$$$$$$$ WOW! More updates on Fiero GT Tail light lens!!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ (Page 21)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 29 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
$$$$$$$$$$$$$ WOW! More updates on Fiero GT Tail light lens!!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ by kgoodyear
Started on: 05-10-2018 07:33 PM
Replies: 1147 (65806 views)
Last post by: kgoodyear on 10-17-2022 03:55 PM
Formula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2019 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats! I've been on this forum for 20 years and your the first person I've seen actually make a GM licensed product and on top of that having a bunch of these floating around now will make it easier to build a nice Fiero for years to come.
IP: Logged
kgoodyear

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2019 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula:

Congrats! I've been on this forum for 20 years and your the first person I've seen actually make a GM licensed product and on top of that having a bunch of these floating around now will make it easier to build a nice Fiero for years to come.

Thank you for the kind words! It is Frugal Fiero Fans like yourself that have made it fun and sometimes humorous .
We have a lot of lenses we HAVE to sell to be able to make something else possible in the future. We ran this one down to the wire.

By the way, I think my thread is the only one of its size that doesn't have bickering in it. --George

------------------
Goody & .......George

The beauty of a solution lies in its simplicity

mptighe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2019 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kgoodyear:

By the way, I think my thread is the only one of its size that doesn't have bickering in it. --George

I disagree, you doodiehead
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2019 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mptighe:

I disagree, you doodiehead

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2019 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, there is the "Girls with Fieros" thread....
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2019 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Well, there is the "Girls with Fieros" thread....

While I haven't read it all I can't think of one thing to fuss about. I stand corrected! --George

------------------
Goody & .......George

Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2019 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Raisins or Raisinets
Richjk21

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2019 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I stand corrected! --George

Orthopedic Shoes??

Rick Morehouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2019 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick MorehouseSend a Private Message to Rick MorehouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any updates?
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2019 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rick Morehouse:

Any updates?

It does look like it has been a while since I've updated you guys. I've spent time building a presence over on FaceBook though PFF is still my favorite source for updates. So let's get to it.

The P1 lenses are at the decorator and he will begin decorating the beginning of next week. I'm not quite sure about the delay but I am sure it is a good one. As he does a bulk box of lenses they are shipped to me here in Oklahoma and in turn I will ship them to you. Our logistics are still a little rough around the edges but right now it seems to be the best way to do it.

I have a request for the costs of shipping the next 800 sets in but haven't heard back. I'm trying to make the transition from P1 to P2 seamless but as before it is out of my hands.

I can't think of any other updates unless you have some questions.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2019 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can lenses be ordered with Bad Mother****er decorated on them? Asking for a friend.

[This message has been edited by mptighe (edited 10-25-2019).]

PFF
System Bot
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2019 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Can lenses be ordered with Bad Mother****er decorated on them? Asking for a friend.

My license with GM allows me only to sell sets of lenses decorated like OEM so, no. On the other hand if you could buy a clear lens and have it custom decorated that may be available. I would suggest though, the wording is in bad taste and may only be humorous to your friend and offensive to anyone else. Besides, gratefully, there are too many letters.

The idea of taking a product of which I am very proud and slathering tasteless garbage on it is akin to The Joker and his henchmen slinging paint on priceless art in a museum: reprehensible....
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2019 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was just kidding. It was a Pulp Fiction reference.
Rick Morehouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2019 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick MorehouseSend a Private Message to Rick MorehouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For those of us not on social media, would you update please,,,,well hell, I should just wait for my email invoice & press pay now. Sorry.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2019 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

For those of us not on social media, would you update please,,,,well hell, I should just wait for my email invoice & press pay now. Sorry.

I'm not real good on social media either. I am receiving my first set of 15 decorated lens sets this week and will begin shipping out to the people in the queue starting with the first. We have 200 for the first set called P1. As soon as we can we will order the next 800 and it is hoped we receive the next 800 (P2) by the time we have the first 200 delivered. It would be great if Frugal Fiero Owners would email pictures of their cars with their new lenses on and we will post them. I am told these are the best set of lenses they have ever seen. Out of 200 sent there were no lenses that failed our QA standards.

Easy8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2019 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Easy8Send a Private Message to Easy8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It does look like it has been a while since I've updated you guys. I've spent time building a presence over on FaceBook though PFF is still my favorite source for updates. So let's get to it......

.......I can't think of any other updates unless you have some questions.

so we don't get a preview of Gerore's halloween get up?? hmmphhh I think somebody neeeds to work less and play more

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2019 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Easy8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2019 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Easy8Send a Private Message to Easy8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would have agree, that effort is not worth a crumb of cheese. Give him back his paint brush and send em to getting the P1 stuff done.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2019 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Easy8:

I would have agree, that effort is not worth a crumb of cheese. Give him back his paint brush and send em to getting the P1 stuff done.

DONE!
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2019 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPybrOxRoT4

George is dressed in his finest.

------------------
Goody & .......George

[This message has been edited by kgoodyear (edited 10-30-2019).]

mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2019 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you have an idea on how long of a grace period you’ll give to people on the list before you move to the next available?
PFF
System Bot
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2019 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Did you have an idea on how long of a grace period you’ll give to people on the list before you move to the next available?

I will go through the list starting from the earliest. As I fill an order I remove them from the list and move on to the next one. If I don't get a response to my initial email I will probably call or text them. If there is no contact I will immediately move on to the next. That being said, if the customer contacts me and I have passed their turn I will go back and fill that order because they, indeed, had placed their order earlier. If I run out of a batch of lenses I simply begin where I left off with the new batch.
Mike in Sydney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2019 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike in SydneySend a Private Message to Mike in SydneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keith, Are we close to shipping? I'm in the first batch. (Can't think of a nicer early Christmas / Birthday present for myself than the two sets I've ordered. Woohoo!)

------------------
Mike in Sydney

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2019 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mike in Sydney:

Keith, Are we close to shipping? I'm in the first batch. (Can't think of a nicer early Christmas / Birthday present for myself than the two sets I've ordered. Woohoo!)

Hey Mike. They would make a nice holiday gift and I don't see why we can't make it. We have a couple of days delay as the company only today shipped the packing supplies.
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2019 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[

George is dressed in his finest.

Great Halloween costume George!

Scared me for sure...… Heheh….
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2019 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm anxiously awaiting my notification that my lenses are ready to ship. Been waiting through this whole ordeal and put the money aside during that time. A Fiero GT Nose Badge Medal of Honor has been earned by Goody.

While searching for a replacement tail light for my sister's Dodge Journey, it occurred to me that I have bought complete reproduction headlight units for my Dodge truck, my wife's Grand Am, tail lights for her Grand Prix, and a tail light for my Ford truck. None of them had any major manufacturer markings or approval or genuine product identification on them. They all looked identical to the original part. Don't know why they required it of a Fiero part except that they still harbor some ill feelings toward the Fiero. But kudos for going through the red tape.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2019 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

I'm anxiously awaiting my notification that my lenses are ready to ship. Been waiting through this whole ordeal and put the money aside during that time. A Fiero GT Nose Badge Medal of Honor has been earned by Goody.

While searching for a replacement tail light for my sister's Dodge Journey, it occurred to me that I have bought complete reproduction headlight units for my Dodge truck, my wife's Grand Am, tail lights for her Grand Prix, and a tail light for my Ford truck. None of them had any major manufacturer markings or approval or genuine product identification on them. They all looked identical to the original part. Don't know why they required it of a Fiero part except that they still harbor some ill feelings toward the Fiero. But kudos for going through the red tape.

I think i sort of understand what you are saying. The funds paid to GM and GM's significant involvement came from using the "PONTIAC". The word "PONTIAC" is obviously copyrighted and with that comes involvement in development, testing and so on. Had we not done this, there is no question the lawyers would have come after us with more than a cease and desist order. I think this might answer your question . If not, feel free to clarify.

fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2019 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, that's logical. None of the lights I bought had any vehicle identification on them. The company, AutoAndArt.Com sells headlight and taillight assemblies for practically all makes and models of vehicles, and maybe that's why they never produced a Fiero GT tail light. Never looked to see if they did a 300ZX tail light.

Do you think you would have had to involve GM if you were producing lenses with plain black panels or with 3800SC or 4.9 V8 or LS3 V8 and the like?

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 11-01-2019).]

Formula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2019 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Yes, that's logical. None of the lights I bought had any vehicle identification on them. The company, AutoAndArt.Com sells headlight and taillight assemblies for practically all makes and models of vehicles, and maybe that's why they never produced a Fiero GT tail light. Never looked to see if they did a 300ZX tail light.

Do you think you would have had to involve GM if you were producing lenses with plain black panels or with 3800SC or 4.9 V8 or LS3 V8 and the like?

I just looked and they dont seem to make sunfire lights either, they also said Pontiac on them
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2019 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula:

I just looked and they dont seem to make sunfire lights either, they also said Pontiac on them

GM gets a handsome royalty for using their name

Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2019 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry. Had to.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 11-01-2019).]

PFF
System Bot
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2019 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Herre is a box of lenses I am working from. I'm gathering all the labels, stuffin', instructions and so on. Sadly though, I got word today my packaging is delayed until Wednesday. The ANTICIPATION of getting these out to you guys is getting crazy for George and me.

I looked through the lenses and they are just beautiful. The letters are so sharp and well formed. There aren't even any dimples in the flow gates. BEAUTIFUL!

[This message has been edited by kgoodyear (edited 11-01-2019).]

HarryT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2019 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HarryTSend a Private Message to HarryTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Personally I would have liked the tail lights to say Fiero not Pontiac. I would probably buy them if someone made them.
Harry
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2019 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by HarryT:

Personally I would have liked the tail lights to say Fiero not Pontiac. I would probably buy them if someone made them.
Harry

They are available with Fiero on them as custom decorated. That being said, "FIERO". used in this way, is just as copyrighted as "PONTIAC". As part of the agreement I am able to use both or either

Rick Morehouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2019 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick MorehouseSend a Private Message to Rick MorehouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So if I understand correctly, we can get your lenses w/Pontiac "or" Fiero decorated on them? Is there a third option: Pontiac Fiero? Dang; another decision? If I get a 3rd set, the wife will extract the other testicle. However, a super product. Rick
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2019 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So if I understand correctly, we can get your lenses w/Pontiac "or" Fiero decorated on them? Is there a third option: Pontiac Fiero? Dang; another decision? If I get a 3rd set, the wife will extract the other testicle. However, a super product. Rick

Wow man, that's gotta hurt. This spouse problem is an ongoing issue among many. The lenses have been tested using the Angry Spouse Test and it passed with flying colors however, depending on how they land on the concrete or asphault you may find some damage depending on how hard the spouse threw it.

Yes that is correct. The problem is you don't have room for all those letters. The lenses would be custom decorated.

mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2019 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you started collecting payment from the first batch recipients yet?
fierobear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2019 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow man, that's gotta hurt. This spouse problem is an ongoing issue among many. The lenses have been tested using the Angry Spouse Test and it passed with flying colors however, depending on how they land on the concrete or asphault you may find some damage depending on how hard the spouse threw it.

Yes that is correct. The problem is you don't have room for all those letters. The lenses would be custom decorated.

I used to sell and install big satellite dishes way back in the day. When a potential customer would say “I’ll go talk about it with my wife”, I knew I was “no sale”, and I took to calling it “the (dreaded) wife factor”.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2019 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Have you started collecting payment from the first batch recipients yet?

I do appreciate all the Frugal Fiero Fans offering down payments, however, I don't take down payments on the lenses as with this kind of project that is just not a good idea. Can you imagine the bad press I would have if I was taking money when I started? Whoooo!!! So, the cost of the lenses, shipping and handling is all due when the lens is ready to ship. You will may have to hide the money until then but it is better you have it than I.

------------------
Goody & .......George

cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2019 06:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I had my doubts that this product would come to fruition, since I have been heavily involved in the injection mold design and manufacturing indusrtry, and am well aware of what is involved. I am very glad to have been proven wrong, and want to congratulate you Keith for walking the talk and seeing this through. Thank you for your perseverance.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 29 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock