Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  $$$$$$$$$$$$$ WOW! More updates on Fiero GT Tail light lens!!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ (Page 16)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 29 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
$$$$$$$$$$$$$ WOW! More updates on Fiero GT Tail light lens!!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ by kgoodyear
Started on: 05-10-2018 07:33 PM
Replies: 1147 (65806 views)
Last post by: kgoodyear on 10-17-2022 03:55 PM
viperine

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2019 03:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for viperineSend a Private Message to viperineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Besides, it's not like his name is Keith Firestone!

Seriously though. Why is this durability issue so prevalent suddenly? I don't see any threads about the fierostore lenses with the exception of lettering flaws, which turned out to be an OE lens issue as well.

I have some perfect 30 year old GT taillights and I have some with cracks, some with delam.

It's hit or miss with originals, but the design behind our Fiero tails is better than I find with modern cars. I see new cars with water in the lenses already! Nothing new is being done here to promote that kind of fail.

We're seriously chalking this up to a comparison between hazy headlight lenses that see debris out the wazoo, to tails that suffer wind whipping. UV is the only real concern. Wax them with sunscreen if it worries ya so much!
IP: Logged
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2019 07:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by viperine:

I have some perfect 30 year old GT taillights and I have some with cracks, some with delam.

It's hit or miss with originals, but the design behind our Fiero tails is better than I find with modern cars. I see new cars with water in the lenses already! Nothing new is being done here to promote that kind of fail.

From what I now about printing Lexan and Plexiglas, Keith's process will long outlast the original GM process. Even more than 12 years after the last Fiero GT was built, GM was still making tail lights with the laminated masking inside. My wife's Grand Prix tail lights delaminated worse than any Fiero tail light I've ever seen. One of her headlights had water in it, and it even crosses the span of other automakers. My Ford truck occasionally shows water droplets on the inside of the headlights. Both of them, not just one.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 05-06-2019).]

kgoodyear

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2019 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Keith Goodyear has invested a good amount of research, money and time to bring these tail light covers to market. I have every reason to believe that they will be great reproductions. I hope that he shows the finished products at Carlisle

Thank you for the kind feedback. It seems the more challenges the more I learn and the more I get great support and encouragement. I have some business to work on for the decorating. I am going to try to give you an update at the end of this week.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2019 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

kgoodyear

808 posts
Member since Apr 2014
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2019 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For Pete's sake, we are talking about taillight, not headlights.

For those who are having problems with water inside the taillight, it simply because the lens isn't seated good enough with sealant.
I've never had a problems with my taillight that I replaced with TFS re-pro taillight lens and my original 88GT with stock taillights. GM did
a great job sealing them from the factory.

Now for Keith's sake, lets get back on topic.

Keep up the great work Mr. Goody. 100% Potential buyer talking here.

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. Beechwood interior, All original.

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2019 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought I would do some tinkering tonight and this is what I came up with.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2019 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kgoodyear:

I thought I would do some tinkering tonight and this is what I came up with.

How would the lettering be "distributed" across both halves of the center panel?
I'm thinking the seam would be a detriment.
If not, I have another idea for my lenses. (Dave has my original idea.)

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2019 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Each rectangle is the amount of room available for custom decorating. I, however can not make anything but the original per my license.

This is for my back window (with all due respect to my pig......)

[This message has been edited by kgoodyear (edited 05-07-2019).]

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2019 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is time for an update. Today I packaged up the lenses to have them decorated and final testing for GM. Providing we pass the customer shipping test and a couple of other tests we will receive our license and we will be able to proceed with our P2 (second production) run.
We have received all the stickers and finalized the shipping container that will also be examined and scrutinized. OEM numbers are now a part of the lenses and we have part numbers and serial numbers ready to go.
I’ve been told the cost of shooting the lenses has gone up and I may or may not be able to absorb this increase. I am still estimating $400 + shipping and handling. But I am cautiously optimistic that I will not have to pass along the increase in manufacturing.

------------------
Goody & .......George

The beauty of a solution lies in its simplicity

copperhens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2019 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for copperhensSend a Private Message to copperhensEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It is time for an update. Today I packaged up the lenses to have them decorated and final testing for GM. Providing we pass the customer shipping test and a couple of other tests we will receive our license and we will be able to proceed with our P2 (second production) run.
We have received all the stickers and finalized the shipping container that will also be examined and scrutinized. OEM numbers are now a part of the lenses and we have part numbers and serial numbers ready to go.
I’ve been told the cost of shooting the lenses has gone up and I may or may not be able to absorb this increase. I am still estimating $400 + shipping and handling. But I am cautiously optimistic that I will not have to pass along the increase in manufacturing.

I've been following from the beginning. I'm getting really excited and appreciate all you have done.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2019 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

------------------
Goody & .......George

PFF
System Bot
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2019 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I expect that you will be very popular!
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2019 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Look forward to seeing you at Carlisle.
GT-George

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2019 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT-GeorgeSend a Private Message to GT-GeorgeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Carlisle? We are going to Carlisle?! This is the first I have heard of it. I can't wait! WooHoo!

.......George
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2019 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pennsylvania has really good cheese.....
da.slyboy

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2019 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for da.slyboySend a Private Message to da.slyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Look at that grand GM restoration parts logo
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2019 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We are so excited to have you! ;-) For more on Carlisle head to mafoa.com!
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2019 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL, I thought I was going crazy. You mentioned it not me?

[This message has been edited by Spadesluck (edited 05-20-2019).]

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2019 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spadesluck:

LOL, I thought I was going crazy. You mentioned it not me?

:-) Short trip? LOL. We're excited to have you coming in also!
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2019 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

........George has been getting some bits and pieces of stuff that may or may not interest you.
hercimer01

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2019 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2019 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We just had a conference call with GM today and we are SOOOO close to getting our license. Today we are decorating the lenses and tomorrow we are looking at putting together "The Customer Experience" where we send to GM as if they were a customer. This is a very exciting time. Wow, can you believe it. Three years!

edit: We also go word we can use the Fiero horse and the word "Fiero". This is a big win!!! This means we can make custom decals with the horse and the word Fiero.
------------------
Goody & .......George

[This message has been edited by kgoodyear (edited 05-21-2019).]

Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2019 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We just had a conference call with GM today and we are SOOOO close to getting our license. Today we are decorating the lenses and tomorrow we are looking at putting together "The Customer Experience" where we send to GM as if they were a customer. This is a very exciting time. Wow, can you believe it. Three years!

edit: We also go word we can use the Fiero horse and the word "Fiero". This is a big win!!! This means we can make custom decals with the horse and the word Fiero.

Damn! I can't believe it's been 3 years already.

I'm a little disappointed though.

I was looking forward to seeing you use George as the Fiero logo.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2019 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Thunderstruck GT:

Damn! I can't believe it's been 3 years already.

I'm a little disappointed though.

I was looking forward to seeing you use George as the Fiero logo.

I'm working on it Thunder.

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2019 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"The Customer Experience" where we send to GM as if they were a customer.

Wow, that is fantastic! You do know GM has relocated their QC department to Florida.....West Palm Beach as a matter of fact..... I will PM you their new address

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 05-21-2019).]

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2019 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We still be here.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2019 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Fiero horse ?

My good sir, I have always known it as a Pegasus.

By the way, I went from "wanting" to "needing".
Put me on the list.

Am I too late for the "buy one get one for half price" special ?
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2019 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

The Fiero horse ?

My good sir, I have always known it as a Pegasus.

By the way, I went from "wanting" to "needing".
Put me on the list.

Am I too late for the "buy one get one for half price" special ?

Oops, my bad. Pegasus. Yeah, good luck on that twofer deal. Attached are the instructions for pre orders.

To place a preorder, (no down payment or obligation),
1) Send email to keith.goodyear@bellyacrestudios.com
2) Select the description and the quantity.
- Clear no decoration
- Clear decorated (this is like the OEM)
- Custom decorated Clear
3) Type your name
4) Shipping address
5) phone number
Once I receive your order I’ll put you in the pre order queue and will reply to you in the same email.
Lenses are sold only in pairs. We estimate the cost to be $400 USD + shipping and handling + applicable taxes.
It is difficult to be able to say when they will be ready as the product must be perfect and certain critical business practices must be in place to protect you, me and my investments.
My license restricts me to shipping only to Canada, America and Mexico.
I regularly post progress reports and answers to questions on the PFF Forum: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/098250.html
Once they are ready for distribution we will notify you.
Here are some videos you might enjoy in the meantime.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx7-bfBoBiI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EanCjtDkbuc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-HUsJWEtko&t=9s
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2019 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you.

GT-George

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2019 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT-GeorgeSend a Private Message to GT-GeorgeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know it is a little early, but I am so excited! I am all packed and ready to go! ! !

tazome

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2019 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tazomeSend a Private Message to tazomeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
any updates on the lens covers? , hope all is going well.
PFF
System Bot
vitog44

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2019 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vitog44Send a Private Message to vitog44Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Waiting with bated breath!
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2019 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Each rectangle is the amount of room available for custom decorating. I, however can not make anything but the original per my license.

Gotcha! (I like the window sticker, BTW... )

So what is the scale of the graph? Each small block = ??
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2019 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That is huge win Keith! Congrats, look forward to what other products you can put out that will be properly licensed. Hopefully this helps you recoup more of your costs in getting this going.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2019 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keith, look forward to meeting you at Carlisle and seeing your excellent products. I'll be wearing a name badge so I'm easy to find. As I've said before, these tail light covers should be a successful venture. Original lens' won't last forever and if not now, its just a matter of time before they need to be replaced on all GT's . Enjoy a safe drive out to Carlisle.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2019 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey guys, I'm looking forward to seeing you at the Carlisle. I'll have lenses there to show and will be taking orders, listening to your suggestions and sharing feedback.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2019 07:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was able to see and handle Keith's repro GT taillight lens' at Carlisle and they are far better than I could have even imagined. IMO, they are perfect high quality products as good if not better than the GM originals. While I have yet to place an order; like most of us here, its just a matter of time.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2019 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was great to finally put a name to so many faces! I got a lot of great feedback and encouragement.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2019 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

kgoodyear

808 posts
Member since Apr 2014
It was great to finally put a name to so many faces! I got a lot of great feedback and encouragement.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2019 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some things just bear repeating! 😉
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 29 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock