Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  $$$$$$$$$$$$$ WOW! More updates on Fiero GT Tail light lens!!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ (Page 22)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 29 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
$$$$$$$$$$$$$ WOW! More updates on Fiero GT Tail light lens!!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ by kgoodyear
Started on: 05-10-2018 07:33 PM
Replies: 1147 (65843 views)
Last post by: kgoodyear on 10-17-2022 03:55 PM
kgoodyear

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2019 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cam-a-lot:

I had my doubts that this product would come to fruition, since I have been heavily involved in the injection mold design and manufacturing indusrtry, and am well aware of what is involved. I am very glad to have been proven wrong, and want to congratulate you Keith for walking the talk and seeing this through. Thank you for your perseverance.

Thank you for the kind words. In one way or another every Frugal Fiero Fan has helped in one way or another in keeping the process moving forward and a learning experience. That said, once I committed on the tool I knew I was in for the long run. I have been told the project is three years old now since concept and for the most part only slightly over budget.

Now my team and I must focus on improving decorating, logistics, promotion and the distribution process. I have been informed my packing materials will be here Wednesday and I can finally send out my first P1 set. George wants some sort of celebration I am sure will include a number of his friends. No doubt he will have pictures and some humor to make it all fun.

IP: Logged
HarryT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2019 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HarryTSend a Private Message to HarryTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you manufactured a set with Fiero on them? If so, could you post a picture?
HarryT
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2019 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kgoodyear:

They are available with Fiero on them as custom decorated. That being said, "FIERO". used in this way, is just as copyrighted as "PONTIAC". As part of the agreement I am able to use both or either

Are there any other "sanctioned" options?
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2019 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Are there any other "sanctioned" options?

Not from me. I can sell you a clear lens and what becomes of it is not my concern. As for something sanctioned by GM, they would not allow anything other than the word PONTIAC. The word FIERO was slipped in because I thought it might be helpful somewhere down the line. GT is public domain. If I am not mistaken I can also use the Pegasus as well. No doubt GM would yank on my leash for using it on a lens though. Keep in mind I would still have to pay royalties on all these just as the "PONTIAC" . It's kind of confusing. Short story: I'm on a short leash and don't aim to tug on it.

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2019 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2019 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

kgoodyear

808 posts
Member since Apr 2014

Fred and I met at the 35th and while our visit was short it didn't take long for me to realize he knew everything there was to know about the Fiero. Thanks Fred!

[This message has been edited by kgoodyear (edited 11-05-2019).]

mptighe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2019 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If people in line ahead of me have ordered multiple sets, I’m definitely not in the first batch. I’m waiting for the email patiently (not too patiently).
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2019 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mptighe:

If people in line ahead of me have ordered multiple sets, I’m definitely not in the first batch. I’m waiting for the email patiently (not too patiently).

Hang in there. We are going to try and make the transition between P1 and P2 seamless.
da.slyboy

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2019 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for da.slyboySend a Private Message to da.slyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Though it was a hassle, I do quite like seeing the GM restoration parts sticker on those boxes
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2019 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by da.slyboy:

Though it was a hassle, I do quite like seeing the GM restoration parts sticker on those boxes

The story is a long one and one I will write about some day.
hercimer01

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2019 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi all.
I am #5 on the queue. I just received my invoice from Keith and I paid it.
There wasn't a request for a shipping address so I replied to the initial email with it.
I assume that i will receive some sort of confirmation or tracking number.
I just wanted to update y'all.

------------------
Project Genisis Lo Budget 3800SC swap
12.840@104.8 MPH Intense-Racing 1.9 rockers, 3" exhaust, 3.4 pulley, ZZP tune and 18 year old tires.

88 Coupe under construction SOLD

88 formula 3.4L 4t60 swap SOLD

88GT resurrection in progress.

PFF
System Bot
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2019 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hercimer01:

Hi all.
I am #5 on the queue. I just received my invoice from Keith and I paid it.
There wasn't a request for a shipping address so I replied to the initial email with it.
I assume that i will receive some sort of confirmation or tracking number.
I just wanted to update y'all.

I can't help you much with an alias on here and it would be best done in a sidebar. you can email me at keith.goodyear@bellyacrestudios.com and I'll get you what ever information you might need

hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2019 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keith, I just got a reply to my email from you saying that you would be shipping the lenses out tomorrow.
Thanks, I know that I and alot of people are watching with baited breath here.
I just want to keep every one in the loop.
Thanks again. Looking forward to showing off my car, all my friends call it the junker because it looks ratty.
I've been holding off starting a build thread because of the taillights looking so bad because its a heat stroked desert car.
Not any more though, I might even give her a coat of House of Kolor Root Beer.
Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2019 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got my email to keep an eye out for the invoice! Hyyyyyype! Can't wait to give you my money! Congrats! A lot of hard work has lead to this moment, GREAT JOB!!!

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Shho13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2019 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BOUGHT MY SET!!!

I am super hyped to get em! This is the best thing to happen to the Fiero community in YEARS!!!

------------------
"Discord"

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Easy8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2019 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Easy8Send a Private Message to Easy8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Happy day!! I recieved a call from Keith about my order. We got everything worked out and I recieved my invoice and Keith was taking my order to the post office tonight... I think I heard George demanding a break and some cheese in the back ground.. Seems Keith is working him hard to get these out to us. Now the hard part, Hurry up post office!!!
railshot

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2019 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey George,
Ask Keith how long we have to respond and pay for our invoices once we get them, and what happens to our order if we miss that timeline.

Curious minds want to know.....
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2019 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by railshot:

Hey George,
Ask Keith how long we have to respond and pay for our invoices once we get them, and what happens to our order if we miss that timeline.

Curious minds want to know.....

George just woke me up from a well deserved nap. It feels like a huge load has been lifted off my back knowing our team has done the best we can but still are working to make the purchasing experience a pleasant one and to smooth out our logistics bumps.

Originally I thought i would preface the bill with an email saying the lenses are ready. George told me this wasn't working and told me to figure out something better. So I did.

It seems many of our frugal Fiero fans don't check their mail like I do. Some customers didn't even know they were ready. So now I go to the bottom of the list and get a name and call them. If they don't answer I leave a message to call me back. In most cases customers are near their computer or can easily get to them. (I found calling after 5:00 gets more people at home from work. )

If they answer their phone, most get on their computer and in the amount of time it takes them to get to their computer the invoice is waiting on them. Every customer has had no problem paying for the lenses by clicking on the "Pay Invoice Now" button. The whole process only takes a couple of minutes and I have the boxed lens sitting right next to me and I put on postage, get George out of the box then set it by the door to take to the post office.

Once I receive verification it has been paid (about a minute) I move the customers order to another list and go on to the next one.

If you are unable to pay right away and we visit about the situation I will delay the shipment for only a couple of days. All the time I am moving up the list and in some cases I will call more than once because I want them to have their lenses.

------------------
Goody & .......George

The beauty of a solution lies in its simplicity

[This message has been edited by kgoodyear (edited 11-08-2019).]

Shho13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2019 03:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can vouge for the Oklahoma area code! I answered it expecting a telemarketer!!!

"Hello welcome to Chili's!"

Lmao!!!

------------------
"Discord"

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2019 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Shho13:

Can vouge for the Oklahoma area code! I answered it expecting a telemarketer!!!

"Hello welcome to Chili's!"

Lmao!!!

Yeah it took me back a bit! I didn't know if I had dialed a wrong number or what. Fortunately I proceeded forward and had a great selling experience with Shho13. I'm still waiting for my order of onion rings though!

[This message has been edited by kgoodyear (edited 11-09-2019).]

Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2019 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stupid Question - has the que been published anywhere?
PFF
System Bot
hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2019 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jim88GT:

Stupid Question - has the que been published anywhere?

No. I emailed Keith and he replied.
hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2019 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hercimer01

2289 posts
Member since Mar 2008
Loook what the postman just dropped off!! Thanks Goerge and Keith! These are spectacular!

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2019 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hercimer01:

Loook what the postman just dropped off!! Thanks Goerge and Keith! These are spectacular!

I'm stoked that you got them. Oddly, the picture that really catches my interest is the first. It looks like the lens made it through the postal system without damage. I see a little dent there on the corner. The boxes are really heavy duty.

x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2019 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good, but have one question about the box, does it say "Fragile" on it anywhere? From the pics you're shown, I don't see it but there are more sides of the box we haven't seen yet.
If it doesn't have fragile on it, might be a recommendation to have it stamped on the boxes.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2019 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by x-thumpr-x:

Looks good, but have one question about the box, does it say "Fragile" on it anywhere? From the pics you're shown, I don't see it but there are more sides of the box we haven't seen yet.
If it doesn't have fragile on it, might be a recommendation to have it stamped on the boxes.

Forgive me but I had to snicker at it. It might be a good idea though; frankly i'd never thought of it. I couldn't break the things when I tried! George and I will take it under advisement.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2019 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My wife had received things through USPS and they had found a way to break them. Putting FRAGILE on it may give them incentives to try.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2019 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

My wife had received things through USPS and they had found a way to break them. Putting FRAGILE on it may give them incentives to try.

Fair enough.
hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2019 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kgoodyear:

Forgive me but I had to snicker at it. It might be a good idea though; frankly i'd never thought of it. I couldn't break the things when I tried! George and I will take it under advisement.

I was thinking the same thing.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2019 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Richjk21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2019 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WooHoo!! Just got the call, and got my Invoice and paid.

Looking forward to getting my lenses!!
PFF
System Bot
Rick Morehouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2019 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick MorehouseSend a Private Message to Rick MorehouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
VERY COOL! Pics 4&5 seem to show some inscription/detailed info as Mr. Goodyear indicated they should. No, I haven't gone out to look @ my Gt nor looked @ the spare ragged out set in the shop, purely an observation. Look forward to a call/email to pay up, get lenses, be happy.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2019 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got the call yesterday but I was otherwise engaged. Just Called Keith back, invoice sent / received in minutes, paid, and got a text saying they'd go out today. Can't wait. I'm good for another set down the line.
anaverin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2019 02:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for anaverinSend a Private Message to anaverinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi all. I wanted to let you all know that i have been working with Keith, and Received my lenses on Saturday. We are going to be doing a review on our youtube channel Lightspeed Fieros. ( http://youtube.com/c/lightspeedfieros ) I am going to go over installation, my notes on quality, as well as having a special guest Ronnie Finger, from Fiero Revival series on youtube. I hope to answer everyones questions about the lenses, as well as show they restoring the worst set of GT tail lights i have ever seen. If it can fix them, it can fix yours! Ok so stay tuned.

------------------
86 SE FASTBACK T-TOPS
88 FORMULA 4.9
87 GT MEDIUM RED METALLIC stockish

EMAIL : Anaverin@gmail.com

Mike in Sydney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2019 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike in SydneySend a Private Message to Mike in SydneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keith, you have a PM.

------------------
Mike in Sydney

vitog44

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2019 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vitog44Send a Private Message to vitog44Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got mine today!

Will post pictures once installed.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2019 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

George and I took about 15 boxes to the post office today! It took 2 carts to carry them all in to the postman. Tonight I have another five to box up and send out. I've left messages on several phones and not all you guys are calling back!!!!! If you ordered around 8/14/18 you need to check your phone or keep it close.
Easy8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2019 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Easy8Send a Private Message to Easy8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine arrived safe and sound, they look perfect. I will get some picks up once I get em painted (I am the guy who wanted undecorated ones) I now get to move my plate down so I can open my trunk.
George P Wood

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2019 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for George P WoodSend a Private Message to George P WoodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just paid for sets 29 & 30.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2019 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by George P Wood:

Just paid for sets 29 & 30.

I am not sure but I think George may have gotten in the box while I was packing. If he is in there you have to feed him.

Boss Man
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 29 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock