Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  *************** GT TAIL LIGHT LENS UPDATE w/ pictures! **********************

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
*************** GT TAIL LIGHT LENS UPDATE w/ pictures! ********************** by kgoodyear
Started on: 05-04-2018 02:01 PM
Replies: 17 (1326 views)
Last post by: kgoodyear on 05-11-2018 10:01 AM
kgoodyear

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2018 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GT Tail light update for Friendly Frugal Fiero Fans

Options will be clear with no decoration, clear with decoration, tinted with decoration, tinted without decoration.

Remember: Lenses are for off-road use only, sold only in pairs and are for the GT.

Over the next few days I will address appropriate questions that Frugal Fiero Fans might have. Early next week i'll have news on the progress and some new pictures to look at.

This picture shows the planar slices of the lens. What I have seen shows incredible detail and realizing this same detail is going to go into making the tool! We have made a few changes. The one most evident is the removal (actually placement) of the rib. We have moved it to the sides and we have also narrowed the slots on the bottom side of the lens.

This is the inside view of the lens with the rib gone but in this case, the buttresses to the rib are still there. These will be moved to the sides. Also, there will be a 15/1000 reveal around the perimeter to aid in decorating. The pictures I post next week will show this better

This is the money shot! where you see silver is where there were flaws in the original (though used) OEM lens. The lens surface is now perfectly "flat."
Except for some minor changes it is hoped we will send the finished file to the tool maker early next week!

------------------
Goody

The beauty of a solution lies in its simplicity

[This message has been edited by kgoodyear (edited 05-04-2018).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2018 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Getting closer!
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2018 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great work Goody...:P

Nice to see the rib affair is regulated that I posted out earlier in this project.

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. Beechwood interior, All original.

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2018 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogt28:

Great work Goody...:P

Nice to see the rib affair is regulated that I posted out earlier in this project.

That rib and its buttresses have been a pain. Some team members want it in. I wanted it out. I pay the bills. We compromised. We are going to have to wait until we print the lens to find out if the compromise works.

------------------
Goody

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2018 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good show!
Thanks for the update.
zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2018 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome!
predmeister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2018 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for predmeisterSend a Private Message to predmeisterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
kgoodyear you need to come to the Fiero Club Oklahoma meetings. We are on facebook.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2018 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kgoodyear:
... we will send ...

We ? Do you have a mouse in your pocket ?

Thank you and your mouse.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2018 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

We ? Do you have a mouse in your pocket ?

BUSTED!
Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2018 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL!
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2018 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i need to pay more attention to the forums.... Ill be checking back on these. Or if possible keep the FB group updated as well? :P

PFF
System Bot
freedom0226

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2018 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for freedom0226Send a Private Message to freedom0226Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry if this has been discussed before but have you determined what the final price will be for a pair.. also sorry for my dumb question here but what do you mean by off-road I just want some tail light lenses that are not cracked so I can drive my car
fierobrian

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2018 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobrianSend a Private Message to fierobrianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Off road means they are not dot approved .
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2018 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by freedom0226:

Sorry if this has been discussed before but have you determined what the final price will be for a pair.. also sorry for my dumb question here but what do you mean by off-road I just want some tail light lenses that are not cracked so I can drive my car

Freedom,

Not long after I started the project, I needed to know what Fiero owners would be willing to pay because, i know fiero owners can be.........well........frugal. I got several responses but not nearly what I had hoped to be able to develop a good bell curve. It finally ended up (the mean) around $375. Now, what does that mean? It would of course mean you would expect a decorated OEM-type tail lens. Right now, we are busting our humps trying to figure out a frugal way to decorate these lenses and it is proving to be a bit of a challenge. We have had challenges all along here so it's nothing new. Worse case, Freedom, we may have to throw more money at it and that could affect the final price. My to main goals here is to make a quality product at a reasonable price. As many already know, this is an expensive process and while i busting my butt trying to stay on budget I will need the fiero community to be on board to get my investment back. It may just take longer to get my investment back. I just don't know.

------------------
Goody

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2018 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

kgoodyear

808 posts
Member since Apr 2014

Originally posted by hookdonspeed:

i need to pay more attention to the forums.... Ill be checking back on these. Or if possible keep the FB group updated as well? :P

Hmmmm.........don't know FB group.

The best way is to keep an eye on the forum for my threads. I release as much information as I can and not expose proprietary information.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2018 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kgoodyear:

Hmmmm.........don't know FB group.

You can find THE PAGE HERE. Over 7,000 members, and honestly, probably a lot more activity than here lately.

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2018 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

You can find THE PAGE HERE. Over 7,000 members, and honestly, probably a lot more activity than here lately.

OK sounds like an idea but I don't do social media. Perhaps you could be persuaded to pass information along?

------------------
Goody

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2018 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WE ARE TRYING TO CONDENSE THREADS CONCERNING THE FIERO LENSES DOWN TO ONE THREAD.

PLEASE USE THIS THREAD FOR YOUR REPLY

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/098250.html

THANKS!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock