Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Photo Chop Shop is open lets give it a shot! (Page 36)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 64 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Photo Chop Shop is open lets give it a shot! by 85SEnochie
Started on: 12-19-2007 01:00 PM
Replies: 2550 (102500 views)
Last post by: engine man on 11-04-2018 06:32 PM
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2011 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The second pic I took today....I was trying to get the picture alignment a bit better....

Yummy!
IP: Logged
NEVERDONE

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2011 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEVERDONESend a Private Message to NEVERDONEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cant wait!!
FieroGT-Lithuania

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2011 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT-LithuaniaSend a Private Message to FieroGT-LithuaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Could somebody put porsche 968/993 mirrors on that car?
http://images.fieroforum.co...rfrontwithmirror.jpg

Today I take molds from porsche mirrors, and I need to decide put it on fiero or not...
CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2011 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Can I talk someone into changing the luggage rack on that to a standard Formula wing? You can get a full resolution image at http://cowspatoot.freezoka.net/IMG_3731.JPG
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2011 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGT-Lithuania:

Could somebody put porsche 968/993 mirrors on that car?
http://images.fieroforum.co...rfrontwithmirror.jpg

Today I take molds from porsche mirrors, and I need to decide put it on fiero or not...

Forever and a day late but here is the pic you may allready have them on but what do you think?

------------------

Love The Excitement! https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/068738.html

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2011 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

85SEnochie

2081 posts
Member since Oct 2007

Originally posted by CowsPatoot:

Can I talk someone into changing the luggage rack on that to a standard Formula wing? You can get a full resolution image at http://cowspatoot.freezoka.net/IMG_3731.JPG

don't look close I could not find a wing at that angle that was high rez what do you think?

Lowered it a little

------------------

[This message has been edited by 85SEnochie (edited 10-12-2011).]

BoxerFanatic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2011 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoxerFanaticSend a Private Message to BoxerFanaticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought I would put some of my highly-amateur photo-chop efforts up, and see what you guys think.

I am trying to homage the Maserati Bora/Merak, DMC12 Delorean, (all by Giugiaro/ItalDesign) and the M-B C111 concept, with a generalized mash-up of traits from all of them.

I have yet to try a photo-chopped slight chassis stretch, to fit my preferred drivetrain... a Subaru EG33 flat 6 (or an EZ30/36), with a longitudinal 2WD converted Subaru manual gearbox. Possibly twin-turbocharged and inter-cooled, and arranged much like a Ferrari 288 GTO's longitudinal driveline, which was converted from the transverse 308 GTB.
CowsPatoot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2011 03:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85SEnochie:

don't look close I could not find a wing at that angle that was high rez what do you think?

Lowered it a little

Thanx. I like the wing, I think we will be doing that shortly. Not sure I like it lowered though. That would be about a two inch drop, right? Maybe if we cut it back to about an inch...I think a set of Eibach lowering springs would be perfect on it. If it were as simple as switching springs, no problem...but if I am going that far in, I am going to do Poly bushings...and then I might as well put new joints in it...and then I might as well powdercoat all the suspension parts while I have it torn down...and it would be a shame to have everything else perfect without reconditioning the frame around it. Yeah, its sitting real good the way it is for now.

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2011 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CowsPatoot:

Thanx. I like the wing, I think we will be doing that shortly. Not sure I like it lowered though. That would be about a two inch drop, right? Maybe if we cut it back to about an inch...I think a set of Eibach lowering springs would be perfect on it. If it were as simple as switching springs, no problem...but if I am going that far in, I am going to do Poly bushings...and then I might as well put new joints in it...and then I might as well powdercoat all the suspension parts while I have it torn down...and it would be a shame to have everything else perfect without reconditioning the frame around it. Yeah, its sitting real good the way it is for now.

Cool glad you liked the wing! Nice work on the roadster buy the way!
lol yah I hear you on that as for the lowering part. It's one thing to lower a new car buy a set of springs and call it done but with these beautiful old cars there is allot more to consider

Terry

------------------

[This message has been edited by 85SEnochie (edited 10-13-2011).]

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2011 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

85SEnochie

2081 posts
Member since Oct 2007

Originally posted by BoxerFanatic:

I thought I would put some of my highly-amateur photo-chop efforts up, and see what you guys think.

I am trying to homage the Maserati Bora/Merak, DMC12 Delorean, (all by Giugiaro/ItalDesign) and the M-B C111 concept, with a generalized mash-up of traits from all of them.

I have yet to try a photo-chopped slight chassis stretch, to fit my preferred drivetrain... a Subaru EG33 flat 6 (or an EZ30/36), with a longitudinal 2WD converted Subaru manual gearbox. Possibly twin-turbocharged and inter-cooled, and arranged much like a Ferrari 288 GTO's longitudinal driveline, which was converted from the transverse 308 GTB.

I like your photo shops they are clean!
How much of a streach do you want to see I would like to give it ago if you don't mind?
OOOO yah can we see what you started with on the photo? I like to see all the details in what you changed.

Terry

------------------

BoxerFanatic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2011 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoxerFanaticSend a Private Message to BoxerFanaticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks,

I am not sure how much the stretch would be... I would have to measure from the hub-center axle line to the firewall clearance on the car, and the axle-center to crank pulley on a Subaru drivetrain to be swapped in. It would be less than what is necessary for a longitudinal V8 re-fit, as a flat 6 is shorter in both length and height.

A shorter turbo flat 4 might not even need a stretch, but I love H6 engines with 60 degree firing order. The rear trunk might have to give up some depth, or be cut out altogether.

The "donor" car for my photo-editing, was the V8 Archie-built Stinger, it is a fantastic, CLEAN example. I wouldn't replicate Stinger directly obviously, probably not even the color, but with a similar clean execution, with a lack of extra add-ons to dilute the form.

The front and rear fascias, window sill, side mirror, and obviously the fastback shape are the areas I focused on.

original:
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

changed: (without permission, not for profit or redistribution, and for demonstration purposes only.)

[This message has been edited by BoxerFanatic (edited 10-13-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2011 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks,

I am not sure how much the stretch would be... I would have to measure from the hub-center axle line to the firewall clearance on the car, and the axle-center to crank pulley on a Subaru drivetrain to be swapped in. It would be less than what is necessary for a longitudinal V8 re-fit, as a flat 6 is shorter in both length and height.

A shorter turbo flat 4 might not even need a stretch, but I love H6 engines with 60 degree firing order. The rear trunk might have to give up some depth, or be cut out altogether.

The "donor" car for my photo-editing, was the V8 Archie-built Stinger, it is a fantastic, CLEAN example. I wouldn't replicate Stinger directly obviously, probably not even the color, but with a similar clean execution, with a lack of extra add-ons to dilute the form.

The front and rear fascias, window sill, side mirror, and obviously the fastback shape are the areas I focused on.

original:
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

changed: (without permission, not for profit or redistribution, and for demonstration purposes only.)

Yah the stinger is a nice platform to play with! I could not help myself and worked on it allready probable a 2 or 3 inch in this chop.
I liked the black on the roof in the first one you did so tried to put it in this one and thought a GT marker light with trim would look good on the front fascia?

------------------

BoxerFanatic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2011 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoxerFanaticSend a Private Message to BoxerFanaticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good.

The stretch doesn't distort the lines much at all.

It might also favor a slight and very gradual rear fender flare across the whole panel, as well. A Subaru Turbo 4 or an NA flat 6 with some tuning is capable of 300+ horsepower to the rear wheels... one might want to fit some substantial width tires back there.

The GT truncated front indicators look nice, and I can see why to smooth the nose. I also considered a unitized front end, with the top half of the fenders, and the top of the nose panel unified with the hood, all opening forward, sort of like a Ferrari Berlinetta Boxer. I would use the belt-line to hide the panel seam. (and I'd probably recess the belt line, rather than having it protrude, and it would also be black.

And maybe this color, or something similar.

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2011 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looks good.

The stretch doesn't distort the lines much at all.

It might also favor a slight and very gradual rear fender flare across the whole panel, as well. A Subaru Turbo 4 or an NA flat 6 with some tuning is capable of 300+ horsepower to the rear wheels... one might want to fit some substantial width tires back there.

The GT truncated front indicators look nice, and I can see why to smooth the nose. I also considered a unitized front end, with the top half of the fenders, and the top of the nose panel unified with the hood, all opening forward, sort of like a Ferrari Berlinetta Boxer. I would use the belt-line to hide the panel seam. (and I'd probably recess the belt line, rather than having it protrude, and it would also be black.

And maybe this color, or something similar.

How is this?

I know the color does not match but just having some fun with it what do you think?

------------------

pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2011 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi all

Hopefully the pics work rite away.....

Looking for a chop of the munson style front-end with a pisa ZR-2 front end.......

The very top of the Munson front-end, those scoops that are molded into the bumper to allow air to the radiator, could you put those in the ZR-2 front bumper, the same spot, PWEASE??????

Munson bumper:

Zr-2 bumper:

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines....
Enzo Ferrari...

Today they are called garage's, yesterday, they were stable's! Eric Jacobsen.... An advancement, of other
voices I came across.

S.F??, hint, it's a car manufacturer....

Do not walk infront of me, I may not follow. Do not walk behind me, I may not lead. Walk beside me and be my friend forever.
-unknown- found here: http://crystal-cure.com/love-quote.html

gtxbullet

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2011 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'M IN LOVE!!!!
the yellow one looks like a Fiero and Delorean hooked up.
I'd say it could be mistaken for a Fiero prototype. looks like a good one!
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2011 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pavo_roddy:

Hi all

Hopefully the pics work rite away.....

Looking for a chop of the munson style front-end with a pisa ZR-2 front end.......

The very top of the Munson front-end, those scoops that are molded into the bumper to allow air to the radiator, could you put those in the ZR-2 front bumper, the same spot, PWEASE??????

Munson bumper:

Zr-2 bumper:

I finished the pix when pip starts working again I will post

Terry

------------------

pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2011 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HI all

Thanx bro!!
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2011 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pavo_roddy:

HI all

Thanx bro!!

Here you go what do you think?

------------------

pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2011 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HI all

Knew it would look good, but not that great!! Awesome job!!!
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2011 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gtxbullet:

I'M IN LOVE!!!!
the yellow one looks like a Fiero and Delorean hooked up.
I'd say it could be mistaken for a Fiero prototype. looks like a good one!

Yah I think Boxerfanatic did a great job both with his vision and the photo shop

------------------

[This message has been edited by 85SEnochie (edited 10-23-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2011 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OOOOOOOO Goody! Another lizardo to play with it looks good in yellow I think what to do? what to do?

Ok I know the pillar angle is not wright but had to chop it anyway

------------------

[This message has been edited by 85SEnochie (edited 10-26-2011).]

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2011 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A little PISA converion action notchie to fast back.

------------------

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2011 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just to bump it a little

------------------

redraif

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2011 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for redraifSend a Private Message to redraifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lol!

Edit... stupid link in sig... GRRRR
------------------

1984 Indy Fiero Pace Car

[This message has been edited by redraif (edited 11-04-2011).]

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2011 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by redraif:

lol!

Edit... stupid link in sig... GRRRR

You got it now

------------------

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2011 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some ideas for RBS in Limbo

------------------

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2011 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

85SEnochie

2081 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Now I'm just messing with differant thoughts. Let me know if you like any of them john?

------------------

[This message has been edited by 85SEnochie (edited 11-16-2011).]

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2011 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
how about

With this front bumper?

Never a big fan of the huge holes in the front of a car.
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2011 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Finally_Mine_86_GT:

how about

With this front bumper?

Never a big fan of the huge holes in the front of a car.

Something like this?

------------------

Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2011 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85SEnochie:

Some ideas for RBS in Limbo

I like this one.
PFF
System Bot
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2011 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hockaday:

I like this one.

Thank man I like that one too.

------------------

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2011 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
close enough... thank you!
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2011 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Finally_Mine_86_GT:

close enough... thank you!

No problem let me know if I can get it closer to what you want to see?

------------------

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2011 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trying an RX7 rear window for a notchie hatch back ?

and the notch unmodified with same window

and the RX7 that I got the window from.

------------------

[This message has been edited by 85SEnochie (edited 11-19-2011).]

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2011 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

85SEnochie

2081 posts
Member since Oct 2007
ok after the last post I had to make a notchie RX7

------------------

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2011 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can someone show a Mera with Chromadora wheels in British racing green? That is beyond my skill level and I would like to get an idea as to what the car looks like before selecting this color.

Nelson
CowsPatoot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2011 04:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hnthomps:

Can someone show a Mera with Chromadora wheels in British racing green? That is beyond my skill level and I would like to get an idea as to what the car looks like before selecting this color.

Nelson

Forget the photoshop...just look at this nice one I saw at Daytona 2010...even had the T-Tops
CowsPatoot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2011 05:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

CowsPatoot

2792 posts
Member since May 2007
OK, OK...for those who didn't get the joke, that picture was photoshopped from Nelson's blue Mera...

CowsPatoot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2011 05:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

CowsPatoot

2792 posts
Member since May 2007
Or was it his lavender one? I lost track. How many Meras DO you own, Nelson?

[This message has been edited by CowsPatoot (edited 11-21-2011).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 64 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock