Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Politics & Religion
  War in Middle East (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 20 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
War in Middle East by olejoedad
Started on: 10-11-2023 09:38 AM
Replies: 774 (8523 views)
Last post by: olejoedad on 05-06-2024 07:23 PM
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2023 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

More history.....this time a presentation from Prager University

https://youtu.be/76NytvQAIs0?si=TLx4sQ7gAgGY3pMc

Clear and succinct.

From page one of this thread:

Originally posted by williegoat:

Israel has only one path. There are no options. How they do it is for them alone to decide, but they cannot hesitate.

IP: Logged
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2023 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:

FALSE WITNESS

JC said not to
but the rump fans do it all the time here

prager U is 100 fake false frauds plus spin
no truth inc the fact that they claim to be what they ain't

At the very least, we know where you stand.

Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2023 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You can expect similar attacks here in North America.
Marxist guerrilla warfare, rear action surprise attacks by hamas sympathizers and their zombie ilk.
Executive Order 9066, '42, the precedent in law.
Sure, stage a hamas rally in Central Park, collectivize the ilk, then,
transport them to the Arizona limestone quarries and mines by railway cattle cars, to begin their seven year reeducation curriculum.
Look, cheap labor is easy to come by, if you need to dig underground nuclear bomb shelters.
' You'll love it here in sunny Arizona ! '
' Sure, you can get wifi in the tunnel, here's your shovel, it's your rainbow color, nice, huh ? '
Ah.. the future life of humanity underground, a thousand years beneath the the Planet of the Nukes.
Perhaps Israel should simply sustain the attacks in a peaceful manner, roll over and submit to Islamic terrorism.
Then, finally, there would be peace.
Reconquista
You'll have to fight on your own soil to destroy the evil axis of terror.
Start today, talk to your local militia for training.
They will set you straight.
' Hmmmn.. this looks like a job for the 2nd Amendment ! '
' Good thing we have a Constitution, the right to defend ourselves. '
' Excuse me, isn't that an Uzi ? '

Makes you think, huh ?
The eternal questions, to be or, not to be.. ~ Billy Shakes 1599
Starship Troopers

Doug85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2023 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hamas Charter

Article 7 of the Hamas Charter

The Islamic Resistance Movement is one of the links in the chain of the struggle against the Zionist invaders. It goes back to 1939, to the emergence of the martyr Izz al-Din al Kissam and his brethren the fighters, members of Moslem Brotherhood. It goes on to reach out and become one with another chain that includes the struggle of the Palestinians and Moslem Brotherhood in the 1948 war and the Jihad operations of the Moslem Brotherhood in 1968 and after.

Moreover, if the links have been distant from each other and if obstacles, placed by those who are the lackeys of Zionism in the way of the fighters obstructed the continuation of the struggle, the Islamic Resistance Movement aspires to the realisation of Allah's promise, no matter how long that should take. The Prophet, Allah bless him and grant him salvation, has said:

"The Day of Judgement will not come about until Moslems fight the Jews (killing the Jews), when the Jew will hide behind stones and trees. The stones and trees will say O Moslems, O Abdulla, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him. Only the Gharkad tree, (evidently a certain kind of tree) would not do that because it is one of the trees of the Jews." (related by al-Bukhari and Moslem).

Source of the quote at the end of article 7.

Abdullah b. 'Umar reported that Allaah's Messenger (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) said: The Jews will fight against you and you will gain victory over them until the stone would say: Muslim, here is a Jew behind me; kill him.

Ibn 'Umar reported Allaah's Messenger (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) as saying: You will fight against the Jews and you will kill them until even a stone would say: Come here, Muslim, there is a Jew (hiding himself behind me) ; kill him.

Abdullah b. 'Umar reported Allaah's Messenger (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) as saying: You and the Jews would fight against one another until a stone would say: Muslim, here is a Jew behind me; come and kill him.

Abu Huraira reported Allaah's Messenger (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) as saying: The last hour would not come unless the Muslims will fight against the Jews and the Muslims would kill them until the Jews would hide themselves behind a stone or a tree and a stone or a tree would say: Muslim, or the servant of Allaah, there is a Jew behind me; come and kill him; but the tree Gharqad would not say, for it is the tree of the Jews.

Source hadith
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2023 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We'll see what "our" President has to say tonight.

I have no doubt it will involve Billions of $$$$.

Rams
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2023 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is going to be a fun one to watch.

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2023 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2023 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

I wonder how much of the $10 billion marked for Border Security will be spent on new wall construction, versus funding for processing and housing the illegal aliens flooding our southern border.

It would be interesting to see a breakdown of the information.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2023 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

olejoedad

18130 posts
Member since May 2004
jdv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2023 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jdvSend a Private Message to jdvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

This is going to be a fun one to watch.

Wichita+25
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2023 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jdv:
Wichita+25

It's amazing how little it takes to impress certain people.

I'm sorry to see it.
PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2023 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm sorry to see it.

Says the man impressed by CNN, MSNBC, the NY Times, et al.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2023 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Even if one posits that Hunter Biden's transgressions are a really big deal, or that the "Biden crime family" is a tenable assertion, this meme is stale and shopworn.

It's tediously predictable. It's a boring meme. It's a meme that fails on the aesthetic criteria. It's an embarrassment for a cultural demographic that is constantly bragging on how they (in their own imagination) are the "masters of meme." They even indulge themselves with a crap slogan "The Left can't meme."

Some people have not the wit to be embarrassed for themselves.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 10-21-2023).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2023 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When you're right, you're right.
Look in the mirror.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2023 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Captagon (a drug) found in the HAMAS Terrorist's pockets. Apparently provides (using this term in a very loose way) courage.

Similar to cocaine. Big in the middle east, probably coming our way.

------------------
Rams
Learning most of life's lessons the hard way. .
You are only young once but, you can be immature indefinitely.

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 10-20-2023).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2023 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Captagon (a drug) found in the HAMAS Terrorist's pockets. Apparently provides (using this term in a very loose way) courage.

Similar to cocaine. Big in the middle east, probably coming our way.

It has been so, in that corner of the globe forever. Look up the etymology of the word "assassin".
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2023 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm sorry to see it.

You're looking at it all wrong.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2023 03:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:
I wonder how much of the $10 billion marked for Border Security will be spent on new wall construction, versus funding for processing and housing the illegal aliens flooding our southern border.

The White House National Security Package includes $13.6 billion for U.S. border security, to fund more border patrol officers, immigration judges, shelters and detention centers; it also includes more than $1 billion to counter cross-border trafficking in fentanyl.

It does not accommodate two high profile "asks" from Republicans: funding for border wall construction, and changes to the way migrants seeking asylum are allowed into the United States.

"Details of Biden’s $105 Billion Funding Request for Israel and Ukraine"
Karoun Demirjian for the New York Times; October 20, 2023.
https://www.nytimes.com/202...-israel-ukraine.html

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 10-21-2023).]

theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2023 06:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just read through the whole thread.

It’s remarkable to see how this war has resulted in yet another Republican vs. Democrat discussion. Incredible.

American politics are related, sure, as we are close allies with Israel. But this conflict has been ongoing for so long and is largely unrelated to anything here.

Would be nice to actually discuss some of the stuff going on in Gaza…

Israel has not been kind to the Palestinians, but I’m not sure they really “owe” the Palestinians kindness. Yes, Israel needs to account for international law, law that is relatively new for war, especially war like this between neighbors. The recent allowance for relief aid is a good sign that it’ll be followed better going forward. But the Palestinians didn’t decry Hamas when they were talking about exterminating Israelis, they only decry Hamas now that they have real repercussions.

I’m largely against war of most kinds. It’s usually a lot of innocent people getting wrapped up in some bullshit. But let’s not pretend like over half of Gaza didn’t support Hamas before this thing accelerated with their terrorist attack. They shouldn’t be murdered either, but Israel has been held to a much different standard than the terrorists they’re fighting.

I’m not an expert on the region or its conflicts. But damn do I wish I could have seen what the region could look like with a secular one-state solution from the get-go, one that respected religious beliefs of everyone. Didn’t kick folks out of existing homes, just made room in the vastly underdeveloped areas and welcomed the Jewish population that had been kicked out of Europe, Africa, and the Middle East. Maybe that alternative history would end up in the same place, I can’t tell you. But it would be interesting to see.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2023 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:
I’m not an expert on the region or its conflicts. But damn do I wish I could have seen what the region could look like with a secular one-state solution from the get-go, one that respected religious beliefs of everyone.

The Israelis are not trying to eliminate Islam. Many Muslims are trying to make a one state solution by eliminating Jews.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2023 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

The Israelis are not trying to eliminate Islam. Many Muslims are trying to make a one state solution by eliminating Jews.

Precisely!

Rams

PFF
System Bot
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2023 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

… now. I think you missed where I referred to an alternate history. It wasn’t always like this, and didn’t have to be like this.

Many mistakes on both sides resulted in where we are today. Not taking away from the terror attacks or putting blame on victims.

I’m just saying I wish we could see what that alternate history might have looked like. Maybe the Muslims of the area would have still been radicalized much like their neighbors and it would look similar to today. Or maybe it wouldn’t.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2023 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Israel allows people to practice their own religion.
They have ceded land to their neighbors.
They have been rebuked by their Muslim neighbors five times since the British gave part of the old Ottoman empire to the Jews after WWI.
The Muslims have attacked them every time their is a conflict in the region.

There was a chance for your alternate reality, the Muslims did not want it
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2023 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just read through the whole thread.

It’s remarkable to see how this war has resulted in yet another Republican vs. Democrat discussion. Incredible.

American politics are related, sure, as we are close allies with Israel. But this conflict has been ongoing for so long and is largely unrelated to anything here.

Would be nice to actually discuss some of the stuff going on in Gaza…

Israel has not been kind to the Palestinians, but I’m not sure they really “owe” the Palestinians kindness. Yes, Israel needs to account for international law, law that is relatively new for war, especially war like this between neighbors. The recent allowance for relief aid is a good sign that it’ll be followed better going forward. But the Palestinians didn’t decry Hamas when they were talking about exterminating Israelis, they only decry Hamas now that they have real repercussions.

I’m largely against war of most kinds. It’s usually a lot of innocent people getting wrapped up in some bullshit. But let’s not pretend like over half of Gaza didn’t support Hamas before this thing accelerated with their terrorist attack. They shouldn’t be murdered either, but Israel has been held to a much different standard than the terrorists they’re fighting.

I’m not an expert on the region or its conflicts. But damn do I wish I could have seen what the region could look like with a secular one-state solution from the get-go, one that respected religious beliefs of everyone. Didn’t kick folks out of existing homes, just made room in the vastly underdeveloped areas and welcomed the Jewish population that had been kicked out of Europe, Africa, and the Middle East. Maybe that alternative history would end up in the same place, I can’t tell you. But it would be interesting to see.

HAMAS has the goal to destroy Israel and all Jews. We (the US) are also considered villains.) While Israel has allowed around 20K Gaza residents to cross the border and earn a living in Israel each day, the Gaza residents still (supposedly) selected HAMAS as their governing authority. Hard for me to blame Israel for much. No, I'm not Jewish but.......................

Hostages taken, Israelis murdered................... Iran backs several Islamic Terrorist Groups, who do you think is to blame? US politicians have and do play a role in our policies and in the money we send to terror organizations for humanitarian reason that end up supporting those terrorist groups and doing anything but humanitarian things.

Rams
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2023 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

blackrams

31843 posts
Member since Feb 2003

I’m just saying I wish we could see what that alternate history might have looked like. Maybe the Muslims of the area would have still been radicalized much like their neighbors and it would look similar to today. Or maybe it wouldn’t.

My first thought was, wish in one hand and crap in the other to see which one fills up first.

It takes two to dance as a couple and two sides to agree on peace. In this case, we're short one.

Rams
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2023 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

HAMAS has the goal to destroy Israel and all Jews. We (the US) are also considered villains.) While Israel has allowed around 20K Gaza residents to cross the border and earn a living in Israel each day, the Gaza residents still (supposedly) selected HAMAS as their governing authority. Hard for me to blame Israel for much. No, I'm not Jewish but.......................

Hostages taken, Israelis murdered................... Iran backs several Islamic Terrorist Groups, who do you think is to blame? US politicians have and do play a role in our policies and in the money we send to terror organizations for humanitarian reason that end up supporting those terrorist groups and doing anything but humanitarian things.

Rams

Kinda feels like you didn’t read what I wrote.

I mentioned Israel is held by others to a higher standard than the terrorists they fight. Hamas is the terrorist group I'm talking about—not sure I can be any clearer on how I feel about them.

But we can’t ignore that Israel literally propped up Hamas. Ignoring that doesn’t do us any good. I support Israel and believe them to be overall better than their neighbors. But they’ve made mistakes too, and they’ve killed innocents as well.

This isn’t a “both sides” argument. Hamas is a terrorist organization, and literally over 50% of people in Gaza support them. I’m just suggesting that there is an alternative history somewhere where, 80 years ago, we started from a different slate and ended in a different place. It’s just a lamentation for what could have been, nothing more.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2023 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Kinda feels like you didn’t read what I wrote.

I mentioned Israel is held by others to a higher standard than the terrorists they fight. Hamas is the terrorist group I'm talking about—not sure I can be any clearer on how I feel about them.

But we can’t ignore that Israel literally propped up Hamas. Ignoring that doesn’t do us any good. I support Israel and believe them to be overall better than their neighbors. But they’ve made mistakes too, and they’ve killed innocents as well.

This isn’t a “both sides” argument. Hamas is a terrorist organization, and literally over 50% of people in Gaza support them. I’m just suggesting that there is an alternative history somewhere where, 80 years ago, we started from a different slate and ended in a different place. It’s just a lamentation for what could have been, nothing more.

I'm relatively indifferent, though I totally support Israel's right to defend itself and fight back. The older I get, and having done this nonsense before, I'm somewhat getting tired of always getting involved in other wars. I do understand that, if we don't, then others will... and how will that turn out? So sometimes it's in our best interest.

But with this conflict... the Jews have been there for over 3,500 years. Islam didn't even exist 1,000 years ago, and this concept of "Palestine" was created just 70 years ago under British direction. So honestly... unless the Pagans want to come back and say the land of Israel is rightfully theirs... I kinda think the people who identify themselves as Palestine are sitting on stolen land.
ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2023 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
THEY DO not read

they react to preCONceived NOTIONS

they buy the christian END TIMES MYTHS

SO THE ZIONIST STATE MUST WIN

SO THEY CAN REBUILD THE TEMPLE

AS THAT MUST HAPPEN BEFORE THE TRUMP [NO NOT HIM] THE EVENT when they fly

so they do not care about the illegal immoral actions of the zionist state or the victims in gaza

only the end times/trump matter

sorry no matter no god/man is coming is it is just a myth
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2023 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

THEY DO not read

they react to preCONceived NOTIONS

they buy the christian END TIMES MYTHS

SO THE ZIONIST STATE MUST WIN

SO THEY CAN REBUILD THE TEMPLE

AS THAT MUST HAPPEN BEFORE THE TRUMP [NO NOT HIM] THE EVENT when they fly

so they do not care about the illegal immoral actions of the zionist state or the victims in gaza

only the end times/trump matter

sorry no matter no god/man is coming is it is just a myth

Ray, are you responding to anyone specifically? This feels like you're yelling indiscriminately about the end times into a room full of people having a conversation. I like you bro, but it's really hard to follow you sometimes.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2023 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ray must have loaded up his pipe with some more of that 'untruth' stuff.....cause he wouldn't recognize the truth if he smoked it.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2023 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

olejoedad

18130 posts
Member since May 2004
And a few words on the situation from Professor V.D.H.

https://youtu.be/FG0cgViEcc8?si=dc1rZaL8fVBPeli2
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2023 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

Ray, are you responding to anyone specifically? This feels like you're yelling indiscriminately about the end times into a room full of people having a conversation. I like you bro, but it's really hard to follow you sometimes.

I don't. Not even a little bit.

He's like a kid, shouting at the darkness. (He'll probably like the "darkness" analogy.) Can't carry on an intelligent conversation. Has to result to metaphors and derision, while insulting others' beliefs (while believing that he is being "clever".)
Personally IDGAF what/that he doesn't believe, but he seems obsessed and insulted when other people do. Not unlike a lot of the lefties who I personally know.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 10-21-2023).]

theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2023 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
I'm relatively indifferent, though I totally support Israel's right to defend itself and fight back. The older I get, and having done this nonsense before, I'm somewhat getting tired of always getting involved in other wars. I do understand that, if we don't, then others will... and how will that turn out? So sometimes it's in our best interest.

But with this conflict... the Jews have been there for over 3,500 years. Islam didn't even exist 1,000 years ago, and this concept of "Palestine" was created just 70 years ago under British direction. So honestly... unless the Pagans want to come back and say the land of Israel is rightfully theirs... I kinda think the people who identify themselves as Palestine are sitting on stolen land.

I am aligned to your first paragraph. Regarding the second, it’s a bit of a fallacious argument and ignores recent history. Yes, Jewish people have been there for thousands of years and I don’t think anyone would ever argue that. But nobody can lay claim to land because their ancestors were there—which is essentially your argument. Both Muslims and Jews owned land in the area before and during WW2. During and after WW2, there was a mass (and sometimes forced) migration of Jews to the area, even though it was illegal (much like Jewish migration was illegal in most countries—they’ve been mistreated for so long by so many). Then there was a war between Israel and multiple Arab countries, after which Palestinians were forcefully removed from Israel.

The combination of poor treatment of Jews and poor treatment of Palestinians back in the 1930s-1940s has far more repercussions today than who lived there 3000 years ago. You still see “right of return” being a huge deal to recent negotiations. Make no mistake, this is simply a reality of war, sometimes the loser walks away with permanent repercussions. But when people say land was stolen, they aren’t talking about 3000 years ago or 600 years ago. They’re talking about when families that are still alive today were forced out of their homes.
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2023 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

He's like a kid, shouting at the darkness. (He'll probably like the "darkness" analogy.) Can't carry on an intelligent conversation. Has to result to metaphors and derision, while insulting others' beliefs (while believing that he is being "clever".)
Personally IDGAF what/that he doesn't believe, but he seems obsessed and insulted when other people do. Not unlike a lot of the lefties who I personally know.

I was on topic and responding to the dub who said

''Kinda feels like you didn’t read what I wrote. ''

I think the point is if radar can't stand derision
about why we are paying for death and destruction with tax money
in the so called ''holy land'' to support beliefs
I am closer to the TRUTH then he wants to admit

my point is there is no god to fight over

the idea was king tut's dad [no not a metaphor real kings of egypt]
one god sun god aton
likely the jews took that idea as they are next door
then the guy saul called paul got JC's story and we have Christians
a while Later MO demoted JC and tryed the one god thing again
same idea same root
different spin

your attempts to bann me for my ideas that you do not like
is the same root as wars
give peace a chance
try to understand the other side
we need more unity and far less my way only
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2023 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ray b

12583 posts
Member since Jan 2001

Originally posted by Raydar:

believe all you want

it is the real results of belief I do not like
like bad laws
OR WARS
or cults
if your religion said you can't do X
I am fine with that
BUT IF YOUR RELIGION DEMANDS I NOT DO X
WE HAVE A PROBLEM

and it seams to me you are demanding I never criticize religion or the results of religion
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2023 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

give peace a chance
try to understand the other side
we need more unity and far less my way only

And you figure that ranting against everybody who believes in anything at all is the way to achieve that.

I get it.

No, wait...I don't get it.
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2023 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

And you figure that ranting against everybody who believes in anything at all is the way to achieve that.

I get it.

No, wait...I don't get it.

deep back ground of who hates who why
you call any questioning of the god thing
or trying to explain why I do not want to support X
does NOT mean I favor Y

I still say
no one is correct
everyone is wrong
in the wars in the holy land

zionist Israel's apartheid against Palestinians
can not be just or fair
sure some of them are criminal terrorist
but they treat all of them as that
and wonder why some of them then attack
it ain't just one act it is a big prison in gaza
no trade in or out very few people can get out
a real concentration camp with guards with machine guns on the fences
life no parole but no conviction ether but no hope
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2023 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

believe all you want

it is the real results of belief I do not like
like bad laws
OR WARS
or cults
if your religion said you can't do X
I am fine with that
BUT IF YOUR RELIGION DEMANDS I NOT DO X
WE HAVE A PROBLEM

and it seams to me you are demanding I never criticize religion or the results of religion

I don't give much of a f*** what you do. I will never tell you you're doing wrong (other than acting like - IMHO - an illiterate tool, and being a pain in the ass.)
But your morals are not for me to decide, as long as you don't infringe upon my - or anyone else's - rights. I do stuff that would annoy lots of "good" folks. I don't care much about that, either.
The other folks? That's your/their problem.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 10-21-2023).]

Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2023 01:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shin Bet, has a new unit, “Nili '
Bee Bee New's comment section revealing.

Seems fair, if that is what matters in war, an even hand, restrained and compassionate, measured in it's terrible resolve,
' What if they were all driven out of Gaza ? '
' They would be easily targeted, run to ground ! '
' Oh ! OK ! '

Destroying A Great Leader and His Beloved Country
Hussein nabbed !
Now, let us consider the involvement of Iran in the attack, and why their responsibility must be levied.
That would be fair.

Two sentries were having a smoke on the street in Tehran, a clear night sky.
' Hey ! Do you see that falling star ? '

Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2023 02:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Valkrie9

1484 posts
Member since Jan 2021

Syrian Sukhoi SU-30SM jets
attempt a mach 2 incursion over the Golan Heights, failing,
their bases destroyed, downtown Damascus turned to rubble.

Trying again, what didn't work before, anticipating a different result.
That's just insane, right ?

' Yeah, that's just nuts '

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 20 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock