Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Politics & Religion
  War in Middle East (Page 13)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 20 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
War in Middle East by olejoedad
Started on: 10-11-2023 09:38 AM
Replies: 774 (8520 views)
Last post by: olejoedad on 05-06-2024 07:23 PM
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2023 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:

because you keep LYING FOR ORANGE JESUS

WITH YOUR BASELESS bs CHARGES WITH OUT PROOF ABOUT JOE

WHILE ORANGE JESUS IS ON TRIAL NOW FOR REAL CRIMES

Please reference posts where I have lied about 45, or have said anything other than I think his policies were better for this country than Obama or Biden (Obama).

IP: Logged
ray b

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2023 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

You really need to learn to do your own research. You are very naive.

You are just wasting everybody's time because it is easier than learning. If you learned, you would have to face the fact that you are wrong. Growth can be painful, but it is worth it.

translation
we have no idea

but the rump cult totally trusts the rump
and if he did it
there must be someone else is to blame
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2023 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

translation
we have no idea

This is the last time I am going to help you. You are on your own after this.

https://pitchbook.com/
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2023 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Please reference posts where I have lied about 45, or have said anything other than I think his policies were better for this country than Obama or Biden (Obama).

as '''''Joe Biden is compromised by foreign money, he is a traitor to America, and should be tried and if found guilty, executed under military law.

He is the Manchurian Candidate, and a clear and present danger to the citizens of this planet.''''''

no facts just guesses with rumors and whispered BS

china ?
we have about the same number of sanctions on them as the Russians
so NO proof no acts no results

or who has what on joe ?

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2023 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You keep asking the same questions over and over. These questions have been answered over and over.

You do not want to learn. You just want to waste everybody's time.

Sourmash and fredtoast used the same annoying tactic.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2023 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Israel and Ukraine are not the same thing.

You're just side-stepping the question. If you don't wish to answer it, fine, the question wasn't being asked of you in the first place... but you yourself instigated your involvement.

I'll pare down blackram's original post and make the question I asked very simple to understand. I'm not twisting anyone's arm to respond, but having said that, IMO no response speaks volumes.

Originally posted by blackrams:

...our assistance to Israel is worth the effort to defeat the Enemy that would destroy us also.

Originally posted by Patrick:

Do you agree then that this also applies to Ukraine's struggle against invading Russian forces?

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2023 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Do you agree then that this also applies to Ukraine's struggle against invading Russian forces?

No, because its not the same.
Happy
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2023 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

No, because its not the same.

Fine.

I'm hoping blackrams himself (and/or any others who wish to) will also respond.

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2023 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fine.

I'm hoping blackrams himself (and/or any others who wish to) will also respond.

Sorry for the delay in responding, been busy with other things and haven't revisited this thread in a while.

In response, Yes. I do support the investment of arms, ammunition and training of Ukraine in their resistance against the Russian invasion of their country. I do not support giving them money to do with as they see fit. If, Russia (Putin) isn't stopped, what country will fall next. Russia, China and Iran all see the US as being led by a spineless President, I can see why.

Edited: Additionally, I've been watching a lot of news lately concerning Israel/HAMAS and the Gaza strip. Have heard of and seen many protests and demonstrations condemning Israel and supporting the Palestinians in the US and in Europe when I thought about what I've heard about the Palestinians condemning HAMAS. Nada, nothing. While I would not and do not support killing innocent civilians, I'm looking for those innocent civilians. Silent support is still support. The Palestinians could help end this conflict if, they'd standup and be counted. Whose side are they on. Seems pretty simple to me but, I'm still open to seeing some Palestinian condemnation of HAMAS.
------------------
Rams
Learning most of life's lessons the hard way. .
You are only young once but, you can be immature indefinitely.

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 12-04-2023).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2023 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

as '''''Joe Biden is compromised by foreign money, he is a traitor to America, and should be tried and if found guilty, executed under military law.

He is the Manchurian Candidate, and a clear and present danger to the citizens of this planet.''''''

no facts just guesses with rumors and whispered BS

china ?
we have about the same number of sanctions on them as the Russians
so NO proof no acts no results

or who has what on joe ?

You quote my request, and then totally ignore it in your answer.

You are either afraid to respond to the request, don't know the answer, or have reading comprehension problems.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2023 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

In response, Yes. I do support the investment of arms, ammunition and training of Ukraine in their resistance against the Russian invasion of their country. I do not support giving them money to do with as they see fit. If, Russia (Putin) isn't stopped, what country will fall next.

Fair enough.

PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2023 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sorry for the delay in responding, been busy with other things and haven't revisited this thread in a while.

In response, Yes. I do support the investment of arms, ammunition and training of Ukraine in their resistance against the Russian invasion of their country. I do not support giving them money to do with as they see fit. If, Russia (Putin) isn't stopped, what country will fall next. Russia, China and Iran all see the US as being led by a spineless President, I can see why.

Edited: Additionally, I've been watching a lot of news lately concerning Israel/HAMAS and the Gaza strip. Have heard of and seen many protests and demonstrations condemning Israel and supporting the Palestinians in the US and in Europe when I thought about what I've heard about the Palestinians condemning HAMAS. Nada, nothing. While I would not and do not support killing innocent civilians, I'm looking for those innocent civilians. Silent support is still support. The Palestinians could help end this conflict if, they'd standup and be counted. Whose side are they on. Seems pretty simple to me but, I'm still open to seeing some Palestinian condemnation of HAMAS.

Yeah, this is what I don't understand. It's not ONLY that we're giving Ukraine weapons, but we're actually paying their civil servant's salaries too. We're paying to rebuild their infrastructure, and funding all kinds of other things that have absolutely nothing to do with providing weapons. This makes absolutely no sense to me... ???

Also, guarantee that China starts a war with Taiwan within a year... almost every analyst thinks this is going to happen before the next presidential election.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2023 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

This makes absolutely no sense to me... ???

Unless, of course, you happen to be in the business of building bridges, and a friend of Joe.

To bastardize a couple of lines from my favorite poet...
"Ike told him."
"It took a Chinese bit of the old sixth avenue el on top of his head, to tell him"
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2023 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, this is what I don't understand. It's not ONLY that we're giving Ukraine weapons, but we're actually paying their civil servant's salaries too. We're paying to rebuild their infrastructure, and funding all kinds of other things that have absolutely nothing to do with providing weapons. This makes absolutely no sense to me... ???

Also, guarantee that China starts a war with Taiwan within a year... almost every analyst thinks this is going to happen before the next presidential election.

Only the "analysts" that help script the Republican and "Trumplican" fundraising emails and the like.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2023 06:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:
Only the "analysts" that help script the Republican and "Trumplican" fundraising emails and the like.

So big man, you are saying it won't happen.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2023 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:
So big man, you are saying it won't happen.

Forum member "82-T/A" just said "Also, [it's guaranteed] that China starts a [full scale] war with Taiwan within a year... almost every analyst thinks this is going to happen before the next presidential election."

The words that I added in square brackets are my words, but I think that's the only way to make sense of what "82" has said.

I doubt that China will try to invade or blockade Taiwan, and I especially doubt that would happen before the U.S. national elections that are coming in November 2024.

But I take particular exception to 82's description of "almost every analyst thinks..." I don't believe that. That's like a commercial advertisement that engages in what the FTC calls "puffery," to laud the virtues of a product or service that's being offered for sale. I don't believe that is an objective or evidence-based characterization.

What evidence does 82 have to offer, about a consensus of that kind among "analysts?"

So far, that's evidence that is Missing In Action.

I am confident I could find online evidence of analysts that are not lining up about this in the way that 82 has just predicted. I just witnessed a columnist or maybe a "talking head" predicting that China will not invade or blockade Taiwan in the foreseeable future. That was like a week or 10 days ago. I'd have to search online to see if I could find something to jog my memory about who that was.

I assert that 82 has a long and consistent track record on Pennock's, in the Totally O/T and now the Politics & Religion section, of engaging in FTC-style "puffery" in his political and cultural-related remarks. I might start calling this "traditional 82-style puffery" as a way of encapsulating it to save time... a shortened way of saying it.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 12-05-2023).]

jdv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2023 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jdvSend a Private Message to jdvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rins one might look at your track record to see how many time you have been WRONG AGAIN
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2023 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Actually, no... I've not seen ANYTHING about this from conservative media... being totally serious. Not that I even look at conservative media anyway (I don't really read the news).

I was at the World Money Show's Investment Masters Symposium in Sarasota, Florida yesterday. It's reserved for certified investors, and the whole first day is a plethora of speakers. The discussion about China and Taiwan came about because of the aspect of what this action would cause in the financial markets. Most of the investors there (everyone from Liz Anne Saunders to Jim Bianco, to Alejandra Grindall) concluded that the likelihood of a Taiwan take-over would occur before 2025. Excellent speakers by the way. Michael Ryan from UBS will be talking about this more in-depth on Wednesday, so I'll be there for that. There's also a concern on how this affects a potential green energy push if Democrats keep the White House in 2025. The point being that it would likely result in significantly increased costs for green energy transformation (which would, positively, result in production of components being produced outside of China).

Anyway, almost all of them (financial analysts) believed China would act prior to the election. The purpose for this was that they believed Government spending would likely continue, but focused far more in defense spending. Unlike in previous administrations, the Democrat leadership would push heavily for more Defense spending, supported of course by Republican leaders. So they mentioned a whole slew of defense companies that would likely see huge gains in the later-half of 2024 and into 2025. They said the focus would probably be on aerospace and arms production companies (I won't list them here).

They believed that China would make their move based on four reasons:
1 - The United States is already spread thin across two wars they're supporting.
2 - The United States has greatly depleted the oil reserves, putting logistics at risk (though I don't really think this is a concern).
3 - The United States has depleted it's arms and munitions stores, which will put the U.S. at a disadvantage for supporting a third war.
4 - The current administration would not be willing to go "all-in" for fear of how this would affect the election.

For the record, I should be at the conference today also... but I have a presentation I have to give later today for work that I can't miss. But I will probably go back tomorrow for the final day.

[This message has been edited by 82-T/A [At Work] (edited 12-05-2023).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2023 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's a good response from "82" that provides some definition to his phrase "almost every analyst thinks..."
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2023 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's a good response from "82" that provides some definition to his phrase "almost every analyst thinks..."

I think it's worth taking seriously. The average personal wealth of the attendees (minus the speakers) is 4.3 million. In conferences like this, it's VERY different from the crap you see on TV. The people here are less political, generally... and they're more concerned about the financial aspect of decisions. They don't care of it's good or bad for one group of people or another, they're only concerned about where not to lose money, and where to gain it. They're almost always right...
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2023 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Leftist's Hero

[This message has been edited by Wichita (edited 12-05-2023).]

PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2023 03:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2023 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm curious, is the above posting in reference to Wichita's posting and if so, is your response intended to show your attitude to the message portrayed in Wichita's posting or, is your response simply to mock Wichita?

Originally posted by Wichita:

Leftist's Hero

jdv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2023 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jdvSend a Private Message to jdvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This meme that Wichita posted is more true than what rins post because it happened. No matter what the Hamas supporters do Israel will do what it needs to do as it always has.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2023 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jdv:

This meme that Wichita posted is more true than what rins post because it happened. No matter what the Hamas supporters do Israel will do what it needs to do as it always has.

Oh, I'm in full agreement on what happened Oct 7th and whole heartedly condemn HAMAS as animals that should be exterminated. But the question directed to Rinse was as to what his posting was attempting to message either to all and the event where those women were raped repeatedly and murdered or just to mock Wichita. I sincerely hope it was not a response to Wichita's message.

------------------
Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 12-06-2023).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2023 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm curious, is the above posting in reference to Wichita's posting and if so, is your response intended to show your attitude to the message portrayed in Wichita's posting or, is your response simply to mock Wichita?

Yes and yes!

There are people all around the world who are protesting about the plight of so many in Gaza since the Hamas-inspired and Hamas-orchestrated atrocities of October 7, and yet more people who are sympathetic to these protesters.

Among this cohort are some who are so callous and depraved that they are openly and explicitly "singing the praises" of Hamas for perpetrating the atrocities of October 7.

The cartoon and the brief remark from Wichita that accompanied it are all about deceptively painting over the very significant differences between some of these protesters and all of these protesters.

Vice President Harris (Kamala Harris) has been expressing both her personal concerns and the Biden administration's concerns about what's going on, standing up for Israel's right to defend itself, and at the same time, asserting that "too many Palestinians" have already suffered the consequences of Israel's efforts to defend itself. Does that put her among the cheerleaders for Hamas that are portrayed in the cartoon that Wichita just posted? I think not.

Again and again, whether it's this post-October 7 situation in the Middle East or something else entirely, Wichita is all about blurring the distinctions that separate reality from the "Flatland" world that he inhabits... the distinctions that differentiate reality from the cartoonish and absurdly simplistic or oversimplified world that he imagines.

This is why the cartoonishly simplistic medium of cartoons (duh!) and memes are Wichita's calling card, and why his vocabulary has collapsed from whatever it used to be, all the way down to the single word "Leftist"—and little else.

Perhaps you've seen Word Clouds. Wichita has the simplest Word Cloud on the planet. A circle with "Leftist" inside of it. That's all you need. Anything else would be superfluous... so statistically insignificant that if you tried to represent it in the same Word Cloud, at scale, it would be invisibly small to the naked eye.

"Leftist" is not such an easy idea or category to define. Take this newly published report, for example...

"The Israel-Hamas War Is Dividing Europe’s Left"
Michele Barbero for FP (Foreign Policy); November 7, 2023.
https://foreignpolicy.com/2...-europe-left-debate/

How this report begins:

The war raging between Israel and Hamas is horrifying much of the world, but European left-wing leaders have an extra reason to wish for the bloodshed to come to an end as soon as possible: The conflict is proving a political hot potato that’s exacerbating internal rifts, jeopardizing already fragile alliances, and threatening to exact a heavy price in the next elections.

With the progressive electorate torn between shock at the slaughter of 1,400 people by Hamas militants inside Israel in early October—the worst single-day massacre of Jews since the Holocaust—and outrage at the killing of thousands of Palestinian civilians by Israeli airstrikes on the Gaza Strip, in countries like France, Britain, and Spain, left-wing parties find themselves mired in damaging rows over how to qualify Hamas’s actions and how forceful Israel is entitled to be in its military response.

The conflict “is highlighting the differences between the radical left and the social democrats,” said Luc Rouban, a political scientist from Sciences Po university in Paris. “It’s blowing up the left,” he said.

That's reality, and it's all beyond the apparent comprehension of the Politics (& Religion) forum's "cartoon-meister."

It's an eyesore to be a witness to this.

I don't wish for Wichita to go away. I just wish he would improve his "game."

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 12-06-2023).]

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2023 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SCORE IS 1400 DEAD + 200 HOSTAGE AND A FEW HOMES BURNT
VS 14,000 DEAD AND 6000 HOSTAGES AND SEVERAL CITY'S LEVELED TO RUBBLE

OUR RIGHTWING NUTS WANT MORE BOMBING MORE KILLING BECAUSE 1400 TO 14,000 IS SOMEHOW NOT ENOUGH
NOT COUNTING A MILLION PEOPLE HOMELESS SICK AND STARVING HOW DARE THEY DO THAT !

BTW NO ATHEISTS ARE INVOLVED just wonderful god fearing BELIEVERS ON BOTH SIDES
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2023 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Then two posts above clearly illustrate an ignorance of what the word 'war' means.

Please learn from past history.

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2023 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm of the opinion that the Palestinians could assist in bringing this conflict to a conclusion if, they were not either supporting HAMAS or, Silently Supporting HAMAS.

But, they seem to be acting as sheep and simply letting HAMAS lead them to slaughter.

Do I blame Israel, NO. HAMAS is willing to sacrifice its own innocents in an attempt to get sympathy and support. Those willing to follow HAMAS have chosen their fate. I'm not willing to give either sympathy or support for those unwilling to stand up or hide behind HAMAS. The people of GAZA should wake up and see where their problem is and who is responsible for that problem. Won't pretend standing up to HAMAS will be easy for GAZA residents but, that's where the problem is.

Rams

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2023 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

OUR RIGHTWING NUTS WANT MORE BOMBING MORE KILLING BECAUSE 1400 TO 14,000 IS SOMEHOW NOT ENOUGH
NOT COUNTING A MILLION PEOPLE HOMELESS SICK AND STARVING HOW DARE THEY DO THAT !

Again, to you it is nothing more than a game, winners and losers, my team or your team.

These are real people. People who's lives are forever altered. There are NO winners. We are all losers.

Your attitude is pathetic.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2023 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

19541 posts
Member since Mar 2009
And here it is.
Extortion, the squeeze.
Give us your money or we will send your children to their death.
Report: Defense Secretary Warned Congress U.S. Troops Could Be Deployed If Ukraine Aid Is Not Sent
PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2023 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[The] two posts above clearly illustrate an ignorance of what the word 'war' means.

Please learn from past history.

History is what informs me about the mindlessness of Wichita's untenable reductionism.

The word "Leftist" can have meaning, but not when it comes from Wichita.

Apparently, my post—the one that you referenced with that remark—was "over your head," but you might remedy that by reading it again more closely. Here's a clue:

The [Israel-Hamas] conflict “is highlighting the differences between the radical left and the social democrats..."

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 12-06-2023).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2023 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Failing to understand on your part is no excuse. HAMAS leadership has already promised that Oct. 7th will be repeated time and time again. The only answer for Israel to to eliminate the animals called HAMAS regardless of where they hide. Those choosing to either side with HAMAS or, hide behind HAMAS are choosing their own fate. GAZA residents need to stand up and quit being sheep being herded by HAMAS.

Rams

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2023 07:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

History is what informs me about the mindlessness of Wichita's untenable reductionism.

My goodness, Wichita apparently has the keys to setting you off. Most of your posts in one way or another are directed to Wichita or about Wichita.

------------------
Rams

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2023 08:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wichita is to rinse as DJT is to rayb......living rent free in their minds.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2023 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Forum member "82-T/A" just said "Also, [it's guaranteed] that China starts a [full scale] war with Taiwan within a year... almost every analyst thinks this is going to happen before the next presidential election."

The words that I added in square brackets are my words, but I think that's the only way to make sense of what "82" has said.

I doubt that China will try to invade or blockade Taiwan, and I especially doubt that would happen before the U.S. national elections that are coming in November 2024.

But I take particular exception to 82's description of "almost every analyst thinks..." I don't believe that. That's like a commercial advertisement that engages in what the FTC calls "puffery," to laud the virtues of a product or service that's being offered for sale. I don't believe that is an objective or evidence-based characterization.

What evidence does 82 have to offer, about a consensus of that kind among "analysts?"

So far, that's evidence that is Missing In Action.

I am confident I could find online evidence of analysts that are not lining up about this in the way that 82 has just predicted. I just witnessed a columnist or maybe a "talking head" predicting that China will not invade or blockade Taiwan in the foreseeable future. That was like a week or 10 days ago. I'd have to search online to see if I could find something to jog my memory about who that was.

I assert that 82 has a long and consistent track record on Pennock's, in the Totally O/T and now the Politics & Religion section, of engaging in FTC-style "puffery" in his political and cultural-related remarks. I might start calling this "traditional 82-style puffery" as a way of encapsulating it to save time... a shortened way of saying it.

I'd like to go back and address this comment again... because it seemed you were rather emphatic when you wrote it. One of the things I'd like to tease out is this:

"I doubt that China will try to invade or blockade Taiwan, and I especially doubt that would happen before the U.S. national elections that are coming in November 2024."

Your entire post was about HOW you didn't like my response... but you never countered with any explanation as to WHY you believed China wouldn't attack. I'd like to ask you then... what evidence do you have that you believe China will not invade Taiwan?

There are people all around the world who are protesting about the plight of so many in Gaza since the Hamas-inspired and Hamas-orchestrated atrocities of October 7, and yet more people who are sympathetic to these protesters.

Among this cohort are some who are so callous and depraved that they are openly and explicitly "singing the praises" of Hamas for perpetrating the atrocities of October 7.

The cartoon and the brief remark from Wichita that accompanied it are all about deceptively painting over the very significant differences between some of these protesters and all of these protesters.

Here is the problem I have with this. There are many groups that you'd easily call out unequivocally as horrible people. But when it comes to Hamas / "palestine" people, it suddenly becomes a nuance. What really is the difference between NAZIs and Hamas? Both feel as though they were being oppressed (Treaty of Versailles vs. UN Resolution 242), both want to eradicate Jews. Why can't you just look at all people who hate the Jews as bad. It has to be... "well... they aren't all that bad, the poor Gaza people, blah blah."

Ignoring the fact that Hamas has ideologically manipulated their youth for 50 years to the point that at least 76% of them support Hamas. To that point, during Germany's NAZI rule... only 60% of the population supported the NAZI wave. So you literally have stronger support from the "palestinians" to want to kill Jews than you did the Germans wanting the NAZIs to kill the Jews.

And yet, here you are... trying to excuse the "plight of palestine," a territory that never really existed, where the Jews have been for THOUSANDS OF YEARS before Islam was even a thing. Even if we ignore all of that... there's still the fact that Hamas has intentionally built their bases in schools, hospitals, etc... which goes against the Geneva convention, and then specifically prevented people from fleeing and encouraged them to stay.

You may not realize it... but you're doing the exact same thing for "palestine" / Hamas as the Democrats did for the NAZIs during WW2.
jdv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2023 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jdvSend a Private Message to jdvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Todd good post as usual the disturbing part many people don't even think about what they believe to be true only what they are told. The school system is a big part in this.

[This message has been edited by jdv (edited 12-07-2023).]

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2023 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wichita is to rinse as DJT is to rayb......living rent free in their minds.

the rump was never living in anywhere other then his own crooked criminal mind
but soon will be living in federal prison followed if he lives long enough
by Ga state prison as the feds get him first

you have a myth living in your head
with fear of devils and demons who never existed
so want cult laws and rules imposed on our nation
so reject truth for a fantasy
and think god is on a side in this mess

hint there is no god on any side
just men deluded by a god myth
step back and see what belief in gods does
not the religion BS promises
but how crazy's act ''with god on their side''

well I have seen your believers in action
they kill for there team
so I report the score
and some object to the reports
few understand belief is the problem not any cure
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2023 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ray b

12583 posts
Member since Jan 2001

Here is the problem I have with this. There are many groups that you'd easily call out unequivocally as horrible people. But when it comes to Hamas / "palestine" people, it suddenly becomes a nuance. What really is the difference between NAZIs and Hamas? Both feel as though they were being oppressed (Treaty of Versailles vs. UN Resolution 242), both want to eradicate Jews. Why can't you just look at all people who hate the Jews as bad. It has to be... "well... they aren't all that bad, the poor Gaza people, blah blah."

Ignoring the fact that Hamas has ideologically manipulated their youth for 50 years to the point that at least 76% of them support Hamas. To that point, during Germany's NAZI rule... only 60% of the population supported the NAZI wave. So you literally have stronger support from the "palestinians" to want to kill Jews than you did the Germans wanting the NAZIs to kill the Jews.

And yet, here you are... trying to excuse the "plight of palestine," a territory that never really existed, where the Jews have been for THOUSANDS OF YEARS before Islam was even a thing. Even if we ignore all of that... there's still the fact that Hamas has intentionally built their bases in schools, hospitals, etc... which goes against the Geneva convention, and then specifically prevented people from fleeing and encouraged them to stay.

You may not realize it... but you're doing the exact same thing for "palestine" / Hamas as the Democrats did for the NAZIs during WW2.

learn history
jews were revolting
they fought the greeks IN EARLY BCE
and several times revolted against roman rule
the two bigs ones were 70 ace and again in the 130's ace
after that the jews THE FEW WHO LIVED were enslaved and exiled in mass
there were very few jews left in the so called holy lands
there was no nation just scattered people

SO NO THE JEWS WERE GONE NOT IN THE HOLY LANDS AT ALL
THERE WAS NO 2000 YEAR HISTORY

BUT THIS TIME THE CAMPS SHOOT BACK UNLIKE THE NAZI'S WAR

SORRY BUT THE ARABS WERE SCREWED BY THE INVADING JEWS THIS TIME
THE ARABS JUST WANT THEIR LANDS BACK
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2023 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ray b

12583 posts
Member since Jan 2001

Originally posted by jdv:

Todd good post as usual the disturbing part many people don't even think about what they believe to be true only what they are told. The school system is a big part in this.

AND THE RIGHTWING IS IN STRONG FAVOR OF CENSORSHIP BOOK OR IDEAS BANS

NOT OPEN DISCUSSION OR DEBATE

SO HOW DOES THAT WORK ?

THEY WANT TO CON-TROLL THE SCHOOLS

THEY HATE THAT WE BANNED THEIR GOD IN SCHOOL
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 20 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock