Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Fiero 25th Anniversary Show (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
Previous Page | Next Page
Fiero 25th Anniversary Show by RWDPLZ
Started on: 04-16-2006 09:53 PM
Replies: 702
Last post by: CC Rider on 08-26-2008 03:18 PM
CenTexIndy

Feedback score:    (32)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2006 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyDirect Link to This Post
Maybe you can catch a ride with me. I plan on making it...but things can change...
IP: Logged
NJ85fieroGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2006 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NJ85fieroGTSend a Private Message to NJ85fieroGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WingNut - MD:

Hey,

To address a few concerns:

1.) We are planning on setting up the lot differently from the 20th. The hotel has accomidated shows with 500 cars, so we should be in good shape.

2.) We are looking into other options for judging, I know the drive thru judging had a lot of complaints last time and we are taking a long hard look at options.

I appreciate eveyones comments on this, as we want to make this a fun show for all that attend!

Mark

Just my 2 cents, Been to a lot of car shows with my 6 different cars I have had, drive thru judging SUCKS! Every show I have ever been to (thats a couple hundred, if not in the thousands) that has had this, has had TONS of complaints. The setup of the car is a big problem as well, since you can't do it with this style of judging.

On another note, I don't see any reason I won't be there, when I had my Cavaliers, I was at every annual J-Body event in Ohio.

------------------
Jesse
1985 Fiero GT
http://www.year2032.com/fiero/

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2006 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post
If your planning on judging there is nothing wrong with drive through judging.

The key is fair impartial [non Fiero owning] and consistant judges. By doing drive through the responsibility of getting judged is in the hands of the car owner.

With so many cars to do it other wise your going to need a large staff and will create a lot of extra work for a already volunteer staff.

I work several shows a year. One I head the judging on is for over 200 Camaro's every year with drive through judging. I have done this with 4 to 6 judges over a day and 1/2. We look for clean and detail and we look at the same areas on each car and with the same criteria. A club member classes the cars that is not entered in the show. We move a lot of cars and get the most consistant results I see in any of the shows I work.

I would like to do the same system for the show at work where I head the judges for over 600 cars but we have limied space and only 6 hours.

No matter what you do your going to have complaints so chose the most fair system and make it work. Your dealing with ego's and it can get out of hand with some. All over a $15 award.

Keep in mind when I say consistant you get on one knee and look under each car! The ISCA show car or the winter junker. You treatr them all the same.

Also you get people not connected to the club give them $50 bucks each. Look for members from a local GTO club or other Pontiac club that is not tied to Fiero's.

If your going to have 500 cars your going to have to keep it simple and this is the way. Unless you plan on a lot of judges.

Keep the same classes with the same judges too. That is about as fair as your going to make it.
ricer12b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2006 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ricer12bSend a Private Message to ricer12bDirect Link to This Post
Sounds way cool! Now that I have a fiero I can join in the fun................and it will give me a couple of years to get my car ready! [it needs it]........
scooz14

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2006 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scooz14Send a Private Message to scooz14Direct Link to This Post
sweet that right by my house. maybe if i get the fiero in a little better condition, i will make it out there
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2006 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post
I'll definitely be there!

Can't wait to go cruising down Woodward again with a bunch of Fieros That was so much fun.

-Amir

And yeah I am with Jen on the whole driving to get judged thing. Much easier just to have your car parked for the judging.

------------------

1 of 2: Factory Maroon/Gray 87 GT 5 spd: 2.8L (Best 1/4 mile: 15.57@87mph, 2.0 60ft)
2 of 2: Ferrari Red 88 Formula/4T65EHD: 97 GTP Motor (Best 1/4 mile: 12.75@106mph, 1.77 60ft)

My CarDomain Site
My Friend Garrod's CarDomain Site

WingNut - MD

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2006 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by scooz14:

sweet that right by my house. maybe if i get the fiero in a little better condition, i will make it out there

Please keep in mind that although this is a car show, it is not just for trailer queens. This show will have daily driver and work in progress classes. We want any and all Fiero owners to have a chance to come and have a good time.

scooz14, you might also will want to check out this site: www.michiganfieroclub.com
ricer12b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2006 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ricer12bSend a Private Message to ricer12bDirect Link to This Post
dude.. not every car show can be in the center of the country..........or more centrally located..............geezzzzzz

R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2006 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
How about push through judging?

If I had to wait in line, starting and stopping the engine, over heating, trying to slip a non-slipable (is that a word?!?), it would make more sense to push the car.

I know, wha, wha, wha......

------------------
Paul

Home Built Tube Chassis IMSA Race Car - 3.8 lb./hp | DAILY DRIVER and PROUD OF IT! 1987 Fiero GT 130,xxx, 3.1 motor, HHP swaybar, Full poly..... For a full history of the Fiero SS: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789315

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2006 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

too bad it is not more centrally located. I won't attend this one either.

You mean you won't have that engine running by then???. You can borrow my trailer

My Indy will be exempt from emissions by then so I can create a cloud of blue smoke from Texas to Michigan! LOL

Or I can bring one of the 88s and they will be 20 years old. Either way I'm not going to miss this one. If all my cars aren't done by then I'm just giving up.

------------------

88 GT T-Top, 88 Fastback Chop-top (Archie #14), 1984 Indy, and 88 Chop Top T-top
Firebird Interior Installation Website

KILRBLU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2006 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KILRBLUSend a Private Message to KILRBLUDirect Link to This Post
Chuck and Dale so you worked your tails off to keep show from unraveling ?

explain for us if you could ? Better yet let's try to remmber we had 400 car show and Hulki was there and it was the biggest Fiero show ever. Enough said the 25 will be even greater than the 20th. Lets give Mark, Barb, and Ron a big HOOO Haaaa for doing this for the Fiero!! And yes I did edit this message, pelase lets try and remmber the POSITIVE

[This message has been edited by KILRBLU (edited 05-12-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2006 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by KILRBLU:

Chuck and Dale so you worked your tails off to keep show from unraveling ?

explain for us if you could ?

Robert, I think Dale was trying to make the point in the rest of his sentence –

.... this time I think I'll just go for the party and maybe have some FUN !

Since he and I are not involved with producing this event, we can actually be ordinary attendees this time and simply enjoy it. Nobody wants to hear about the behind-the-scenes problems related to the 20th, and you of all people surely wouldn’t want them to be told. I am curious… are you one of the organizers of this event?
2M4 Dale

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2006 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2M4 DaleSend a Private Message to 2M4 DaleDirect Link to This Post
Hey Robert, How Ya Been ???

Yup ... I'll just be goin' for the party this time !!!! Only work I'll be doin' is polishin' up my ride !!! (which I didn't get time to do at the 20th)

------------------

Proud Member, Classic Fiero Owners Group - International
www.cfogi.org

Bradbitz11

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2006 02:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradbitz11Send a Private Message to Bradbitz11Direct Link to This Post
I'll have a car for this one, it was the month before I bought my car when I went to the 20th, and it was still amazing. Hopefully better dinner than the weird stuffed chicken leg though.

Brad Bitzer

------------------

ohio86se

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2006 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ohio86seClick Here to visit ohio86se's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohio86seDirect Link to This Post
Would not miss this event for the world. I attended the 20th but will be coming with a 3800sc.

------------------

" DRIVE IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT"

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2006 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Would love to go, congrats to those that are putting this together, but I also would prefer a more central location. I understand why, just doesn't fit into my puzzle well. Lots of folks will and won't make it based on location, that's just the way things are, to bad it can't be a traveling show that hits several locations, similar to the power tour.

------------------
Ron
Freedom isn't Free, it's paid for with the blood and dreams of those that have gone before us.
My imagination is the only limiting factor to my Fiero. Well, there is that money issue.

fierogt3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2006 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt3800Click Here to visit fierogt3800's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierogt3800Direct Link to This Post
amything formal about how many and what prototype, pace, race, and other one of a kind fiero's that are attending?

------------------
85 GT, bright blue met. fastback, chrome 16"s, 3800 swap, (soon to be SBC)
85.5 Porsche 944 euro *for sale*
73 VW Karmann Ghia convertible (sold to finish SBC swap)

Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2006 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartDirect Link to This Post
My wife and I will there! Where in Michigan is the show? Any exact addresses so I can do up a mapquest to see how long the drive will be?

------------------

Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2006 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post
MY NEW GOAL - FINISH "CUSTOM2M4" by that date. That means, engine, interior, exterior, suspension and paint .

I don't want to be in no dang "work in progress" class in one of the largest fiero meets. lol
Formula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2006 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaDirect Link to This Post
I'll be there this time, I need to buy a bigger memory stick for the camera before then (I'll start shopping for one now )
fierogt3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2006 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt3800Click Here to visit fierogt3800's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierogt3800Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Would love to go.
Too bad it can't be a traveling show that hits several locations, similar to the power tour.

I love that idea! Imagian it.... The 2008 Walk Of The Pegasus!

Im sure all of you who show often. have gone to shows in caravans of Fieros.
And since the show should be and will be held at the home of our Fieros. there will be people that live on the west and east coast that may not be motivated enough to drive days to get there.

so what do you guys think about having a tour to the show? Im sure we could work out the stops along the way though helpful forum members who want to be a important part of the 25th anniversary right? (volenteers raise hand here) if you guys out west help work out a route and you guys in the east work out your route. we could all meet in a mid central location maybe Davenport, Iowa or St. louis Missori?
then the two groups could caravan the rest of the way to Michagan. I can work with the Heartland fiero club to work out the central stop. mayeb if people would rather meet in st louis. then the someone on here from the gateway club could work out the central stop?

IF by any chance at all you may be interested in having (hosting a stop or just participating) in this tour, post a reply to show interest. and if there is enough interst to make it worth doing then ill start a formal thread for the tour. and we can discuss the stops and possible activitys.

Thanks to blackrams for the idea. your participation wound be great!

all replys welcome, along with +'s

EDIT: Thread made for tour.

[This message has been edited by fierogt3800 (edited 06-04-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
tutnkmn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2006 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tutnkmnSend a Private Message to tutnkmnDirect Link to This Post
25th Anniversary, I WILL have my 86 on the road for this one, even if I have to push the car to Michigan and have someone else steer (one George-power Fiero)

I know Pontiac would NEVER go for this idea, but would it not be cool if for the silver anniversary:

Pontiac took several peoples Fieros in and did a "factory" repaint in silver. Then applied "25th Anniversary Edition" decals? Fantasies are great things, sometimes they come true. Could be a contest or something the winners get "official" 25th anniversary cars.

[This message has been edited by tutnkmn (edited 06-04-2006).]

MclarenF1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2006 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MclarenF1Click Here to visit MclarenF1's HomePageSend a Private Message to MclarenF1Direct Link to This Post
I'm shootin' for June 2008 to have my car complete, so I might be able to make a road trip.
sastian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2006 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sastianClick Here to visit sastian's HomePageSend a Private Message to sastianDirect Link to This Post
lithgow huh? has anyone thought of inviting celebs who had at one time owned a fiero i know 2 off the top of my head.. David Letterman, and Brian Warner ande some others mentioned here https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20030531-1-025766.html

i just think itd be a fun addition

------------------

squisher86SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2006 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for squisher86SESend a Private Message to squisher86SEDirect Link to This Post
Same as the Walk of the Pegasus thread, can't let this one die!

Sounds like fun, big time, I hope I can make them!
fierobear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2006 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogt3800:
And since the show should be and will be held at the home of our Fieros. there will be people that live on the west and east coast that may not be motivated enough to drive days to get there.

The drive from the west coast was a bit of a grind - 4 days, 8-10 hours/day - but it was worth it. I think we had a 9 car caravan from the west coast, with a few more cars joining us along the way. I don't know if I'll drive or trailer, but I'm there. Now, which Fiero to bring...

Oh, and the track day at Waterford was awesome. That drew a lot of people, so I hope you guys are planning that.

Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2006 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

2008. I don't have anything planned for that year.
Hmmm.............

I MIGHT actually be able to fit that in my calender!
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2006 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Toddster:

I MIGHT actually be able to fit that in my calender!

Hey, I got an idea...
You and Rodney could have a 'Most Rare and Exotic Fiero Part' contest...

Also, to the organizers... I don't remember who you had as a DJ at the 20th, but I HIGHLY recommend fellow Fiero owner and PFF'er...
DJ Wudman. (Wudman on PFF). www.fierodriver.com -or- wudman@gmail.com

Lastly, Fred.... in your black book of contacts, do you happen to have the TN for the triplets that I read about in the Witzenberg book?
Who cares if they are 70... it would make a fun photo op!
Greg Z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2006 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Greg ZSend a Private Message to Greg ZDirect Link to This Post
I'M THERE! maybe i'll tow the INDY with the GMC INDY HAULER JIMMY if it ever gets done.
if i did would it be possible to enter it into the show and park with the Fiero's?
here's a link to the build thread so you know what i'm talking about.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/068185.html

------------------

jazz4cash

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2006 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jazz4cashSend a Private Message to jazz4cashDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogt3800:

so what do you guys think about having a tour to the show?
EDIT: Thread made for tour.

I love this idea, but I cant find the thread you made! (Hand raised to volunteer!!)I live near DC and its about 10 hrs to Detroit.

WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2006 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jazz4cash:
I love this idea, but I cant find the thread you made! (Hand raised to volunteer!!)I live near DC and its about 10 hrs to Detroit.

Here is fierogt3800's thread: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/059745.html

PFF
System Bot
LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2006 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post
lets just hope gas isn't 5/gallon by then it's not looking to good the way craps going I know this is killing a lot of the attendance at shows.
WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2006 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post
http://michiganfieroclub.com/25th.htm

The above link will serve as the official information page for the 25th. It has very basic information at this time, but as things get planned and we move forward, we will update it to keep the community informed.
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2006 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
2008?? I thought it was next year. Oops. I think I told PBJ it was next year. My bad.....2 years, maybe I can get my car done, afterall.

Bob
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post08-05-2006 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by WingNut - MD:

http://michiganfieroclub.com/25th.htm

The above link will serve as the official information page for the 25th. It has very basic information at this time, but as things get planned and we move forward, we will update it to keep the community informed.

Any chance of setting up a mailling list for info as it comes closer? ( some of us tend to miss things on the forums.. thats how i missed out on the 20th.. )

85_Fiero_2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2006 08:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 85_Fiero_2M4Direct Link to This Post
BUMP to keep this alive
FieroFarmGirl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2006 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFarmGirlSend a Private Message to FieroFarmGirlDirect Link to This Post
i am definitly going to be there. its just too bad we have to wait so long...
maybe my dad might finally have a fiero of his own on the road and can make it!
squisher86SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2006 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for squisher86SESend a Private Message to squisher86SEDirect Link to This Post
I know my Fiance (wife by then) and I want to come! We're planning on doing the "Walk" also...

Now, I better add this to favorites eh?
red GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2006 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for red GTSend a Private Message to red GTDirect Link to This Post
You know what would really be cool, have the 25th Anniversary Show in the parking lot across the street from the old Fiero assembly plant in Pontiac and who knows what could happen from there...For example a little tour of what use to be, maybe Hulki could be the guide along with the first plant manager (I forgot his name)...

------------------
8T6 GT

squisher86SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2006 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for squisher86SESend a Private Message to squisher86SEDirect Link to This Post
Bump for those on the Walk up I65 from south of IN
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock