Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Are there any "celebrities" that own a Fiero?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Are there any "celebrities" that own a Fiero? by BlueGT
Started on: 01-28-2003 02:21 PM
Replies: 37
Last post by: Steve Normington on 01-31-2003 12:11 PM
BlueGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2003 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTDirect Link to This Post
Just wondering if there are any out there with one in the collection.

------------------
BlueGT

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
AgaricX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2003 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AgaricXClick Here to visit AgaricX's HomePageSend a Private Message to AgaricXDirect Link to This Post
Jay Leno hates them.

He crushed one on his show.

Grrrrr.

------------------
88 GT T-Tops
1999 Nissan Maxima GTR :) (336 FWHP Turbo)
1999 Eclipse GS-T Spyder (Wife's Car)

kslish

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2003 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kslishSend a Private Message to kslishDirect Link to This Post
Marilyn Manson owned a red '86 4-cyl coupe as a teanager. Was a high school graduation gift from his parents. It was auctioned off a while back on some site. Don't know where it is now....
http://www.rollingstone.com/news/newsarticle.asp?nid=8927

Ken S.

HummelHund

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2003 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HummelHundSend a Private Message to HummelHundDirect Link to This Post
Didn't Tom Cruise have a battery powered Fiero at one time?

------------------
86' Fiero GT 3.4 5-speed
UNDER CONSTRUCTION....It's ALIIIIVE!!!! And now it moves! Brake work continues...

Do you have a white, manual transmissioned 85' SE 2M6? Drop me an email...

Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2003 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
There was some woman selling her Fiero on eBay that thought she was a celebrity. I think she was Miss Utah or something... SHe had some outrageous price on it because she was a celebrity and she was going to autograph the car for the new buyer! haha

------------------

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2003 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman:

There was some woman selling her Fiero on eBay that thought she was a celebrity. I think she was Miss Utah or something... SHe had some outrageous price on it because she was a celebrity and she was going to autograph the car for the new buyer! haha

I remember that. She was just plain scarey.

------------------
Raydar

88 3.4 coupe. A work in progress.

Out of my mind. Back in 30 minutes.

sentinel_76ca

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2003 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sentinel_76caSend a Private Message to sentinel_76caDirect Link to This Post
One or Both the Andretti's had a couple GT's
AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2003 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman:

Ahh the famous Miss Illinois.
I wonder what happened to her movie she was going to make. Looks like Mr Ed didn't want a wife after all.

------------------

White 86 GT 4 Speed Manual - Black 86 GT Auto
The Fiero Shop International - Jade Web Design
If you appreciate my contribution please give me a rating

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2003 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2003 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post
David Letterman used to own a fastback (I thik it was an '87 GT), but I have no idea if he still has it. He even used it in one of his driving around town skits back in 1990.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2003 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
David Letterman used to have one. Maybe that's why Leno trashed one.
PFF
System Bot
Coop9200

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2003 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Coop9200Click Here to visit Coop9200's HomePageSend a Private Message to Coop9200Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfiero:

David Letterman used to own a fastback (I thik it was an '87 GT), but I have no idea if he still has it. He even used it in one of his driving around town skits back in 1990.

i should ask him, he lives right around me.

-Coop

GTFiero1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2003 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post
someone who either stared in/worte/directed Waynes World had a gold GT since it showed up in a few different scenes

------------------

--Adam--
1987 Blue GT 5-speed
IM AOL: GTFiero
Fiero mods almost done...i know that because im running out of possesions to sell for money

Pilrulz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2003 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PilrulzSend a Private Message to PilrulzDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfiero:

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

David Letterman used to have one. Maybe that's why Leno trashed one.

I was going to say that!!!

pil

mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2003 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pilrulz:

I was going to say that!!!

pil

It looks like Cliff and I both beat you to the punch (we both posted it at the same time too!).

Sorry!

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2003 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post
I own one...

Oh, I'm not famous except for here..lol

------------------
NO PIC'S AVAILABLE
SmoothFieroGT@Yahoo.com

BlueGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2003 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTDirect Link to This Post
Thanks folks... I've wondered for a while if the Fiero was worthy enough for the stars to own. Perhaps I'll achieve fame one day (yeah right ). I know there will be at least one (if not four) in my collection regardless. Thanks again!

------------------
BlueGT

LZeitgeist

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2003 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post
There was some semi-celebrity type guy that had a silver solar-powered Fiero that was seen a few times here in Raleigh, NC... I can't remember for the life of me who it was, though.

My brain keeps saying 'Leslie Neilsen' (from the Airplane! and Naked Gun movies) but that doesn't sound right... he's too old to be who I'm trying to think of...)

Steve Normington

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2003 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steve NormingtonSend a Private Message to Steve NormingtonDirect Link to This Post
Does Bob Lutz count as a celebrity? He has an 88 GT. Click me.
fldevel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2003 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fldevelSend a Private Message to fldevelDirect Link to This Post
vana white owned a 86 white n silver GT
red GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2003 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for red GTSend a Private Message to red GTDirect Link to This Post
Larry Bird had a collection of cars for sale a couple of years back in Hemmings and one of them was his 88GT. In 1999 after the
Michigan Fiero Show banquet was over Hulhi Aldikacti walked out to the parking lot and sign my dash pocket then drove off in his White 88GT...That was pretty cool...
PFF
System Bot
fierobear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2003 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AgaricX:

Jay Leno hates them.

Grrrrr.

When we were at the Peterson Museum last year, hoping to see the 90 Prototype, Leno was there, walking past our Fieros near the front entrance. He looked at them, and he wasn't laughing, so I guess he must not hate them *that* much.

Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2003 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
I own one. I'm not famous but I did meet Jaques Cousteau and Jimmy Carter once.

Z'at count?

BTW, Rick Mears owns an Indy

California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2003 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steve Normington:

You have to read a little closer, it's Marty Hogan, Bob's side kick that owns the Fiero.

FieroMonkey

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2003 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post
I just finished up a movie with Russell Crowe. We drove my 87 GT to the bars almost every week, he said he wanted to get one after he drove it a few times when i was unable to drive

------------------
Monkey
"No matter where I go...There's my car"

88 T-Top Formula ***NEW ARRIVAL, FIRST 88 FOR ME**
84 Indy 4-spd (work in progress)
87 T-Top GT 2.8/5-spd (Down but not out)
87 Hardtop GT 2.8/5-spd
97 Trans-AM WS6 6-spd
91 V8 Monster Miata 5spd
69 Mustang Coupe 302 4spd

http://members.cox.net/lothe/monstermovies.html

thismanyfieros

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2003 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosDirect Link to This Post
i worked on a film with dean cain(superman) and he rode in my 87gt from lunch to the set once...he liked it but he said kinda small..poor mans sports car i think i recall he said...tim..
fieroX

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 372
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2003 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post
If that was me Id tell Dean that my poor mans sports car will whoop your rich mans sports car then laugh.
DarkHalo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2003 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarkHaloSend a Private Message to DarkHaloDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AgaricX:

Jay Leno hates them.

Grrrrr.

Is there really anyone that doesnt know lenos an ******* ??? Double GRRRRRRRR....

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2003 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post
WHO IS THAT IN A MERA!! Not J's car but he did spend the time at this show to "press the flesh"

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2003 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
I honestly don't think that Leno hates Fieros... the one he crushed was simply a stunt. Tim Allen crushed an old Chevy Hot Rod Wagon in one episode... but we all know that he doesn't hate them (sure it was just a shell, but still ). I simply think that Leno hasn't met the right Fiero just yet. Someone with a V8 or some other impressive engine ought to stop by the studio and have him take a ride/drive in it. Leno is a car enthusiast- I'm sure he can appreciate any car that is well powered & well built. Too bad California Kid, Archie, DL10, Tina or others aren't a bit closer to the Los Angelas area (WCF have any really impressive cars waiting for a TV appearance?). Anyone else out there with an impressive car?

As for other celebritys? I was once on "Reading Rainbow" with Lavar Burton as a kid (I helped design one of their promotional posters while in 1st grade- circa '85-'86), and I now own a Fiero... does that count?

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

Tigger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2003 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TiggerSend a Private Message to TiggerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by California Kid:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Steve Normington:

You have to read a little closer, it's Marty Hogan, Bob's side kick that owns the Fiero.

[/QUOTE]

Mark Hogan

PFF
System Bot
Spektrum-87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2003 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Spektrum-87GTSend a Private Message to Spektrum-87GTDirect Link to This Post
there was a fiero on ebay not too long ago, some UGLY kit was put on that tried to make the car look like a rolls royce. Still had hints of a fiero, it was owned by either steven segal or the guy from smokey and the bandit, cant remember his name, lol.

------------------

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2003 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Here is a link to Celebrities and their cars: http://entertainment.msn.com/netcal/?netcal=120
Butter

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 91
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2003 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ButterSend a Private Message to ButterDirect Link to This Post
Doesn't Cliff Pennock own one?
blazin'

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2003 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blazin'Send a Private Message to blazin'Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by thismanyfieros:

i worked on a film with dean cain(superman) and he rode in my 87gt from lunch to the set once...he liked it but he said kinda small..poor mans sports car i think i recall he said...tim..

This wouldn't be the car I own now, would it?

Carlc

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
User Banned

Report this Post01-31-2003 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarlcSend a Private Message to CarlcDirect Link to This Post
Last owner told me that the royal family of Bahrain owned mine previously.

Carlc

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
User Banned

Report this Post01-31-2003 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarlcSend a Private Message to CarlcDirect Link to This Post

Carlc

410 posts
Member since Apr 2002
Last owner told me that the royal family of Bahrain owned mine previously.

Steve Normington

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2003 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steve NormingtonSend a Private Message to Steve NormingtonDirect Link to This Post
OT:

Carlc, how close are you to Beeston?

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock