Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Fiero 25th Anniversary Show (Page 9)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
Previous Page | Next Page
Fiero 25th Anniversary Show by RWDPLZ
Started on: 04-16-2006 09:53 PM
Replies: 702
Last post by: CC Rider on 08-26-2008 03:18 PM
CenTexIndy

Feedback score:    (32)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2008 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyDirect Link to This Post
Mark - email sent.
IP: Logged
f499

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2008 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for f499Send a Private Message to f499Direct Link to This Post
Just got off the phone with the Marriott. No rooms for the 23rd. They told me I would have to pay $209 for the 23rd, and $109 for the 24-25-26th. YIKES!

Mark: Any plans on re-negotiating with the Marriott? I was going to send in my registration form and money, but I wouldn't mind getting the bottom line on rooms.

Thanks in advance,

F499
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2008 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by f499:

Just got off the phone with the Marriott. No rooms for the 23rd. They told me I would have to pay $209 for the 23rd, and $109 for the 24-25-26th. YIKES!

Mark: Any plans on re-negotiating with the Marriott? I was going to send in my registration form and money, but I wouldn't mind getting the bottom line on rooms.

Thanks in advance,

F499

I just spoke with our sales rep at the Marriott. They have opened up more rooms for the 23rd at the $109.00 rate.

Mark
DanFiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2008 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post
Just wondering if there are ever going to be any plans for a basic show registration for those of us not interested in the banquet? I know you said I could sell you my banquet ticket, but to be honest I would just rather not have to deal with the hassle of selling a $35 banquet ticket on the side. I think it would be in the shows best interest if you offered a basic registration for those of us on a budget or those who just want to come be a part of it and not take in the extras, I wouldn't think it would be that hard to do.

Just a thought.

Dan
ohioindy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2008 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ohioindyClick Here to visit ohioindy's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohioindyDirect Link to This Post

Your hotel: Detroit Marriott Pontiac at Centerpoint
Check-in: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 (03:00 PM)
Check-out: Monday, July 28, 2008 (12:00 PM)

[This message has been edited by ohioindy (edited 01-17-2008).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2008 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
I just got my confirmation at the group rate...thanks Mark!!

I know it would be a hassle to have an A La Cart but I'm more interested in the banquet and no the show. Maybe we can mix and match here on PFF for those that want one without the other.
f499

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2008 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for f499Send a Private Message to f499Direct Link to This Post
Thanks Mark.

I'm in at the $109 rate.

No booking fees when you reserve on Marriott.com! Summary of Room Charges Cost per night per room (USD)
Wednesday, July 23, 2008 - Sunday, July 27, 2008
(4 nights)
MI FIERO CLUB
Estimated government taxes and fees

Total for stay (per room)

------------------
F499

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2008 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero 25 - Mark:

With that said, yes we will have people doing the classifications of each and every car (same thing as the 20th Anniversary show). So you could send in that you have a stock 84, and then when you get to the show, our classification folks would look at your car. If they noticed that your VIN was an 87GT, and that you have a 3800 SC for a power-plant, then yes they would re-classify your car into the appropriate class.

The classes are a guide for us, and we want to make sure that there are enough classes that each and every car has a chance to compete against like cars. I realize the biggest question is coming from folks with modified or custom cars. These are also the classes that are taking the most time to clarify.

I hope this addresses your question. Feel free to ask here or PM me if you any more questions or specific concerns.

Mark

That is fine. Basically I don't have to worry into selecting the correct class in the form as someone else will do it at arrival. Anyway I may still park in a display only space if available. Thanks.

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2008 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
I may not even be in a Fiero, but I'm not going to miss the 25th for anything. That's why I'm debating about signing up or just showing up??
WingNut - MD

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2008 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DanFiero:

Just wondering if there are ever going to be any plans for a basic show registration for those of us not interested in the banquet? I know you said I could sell you my banquet ticket, but to be honest I would just rather not have to deal with the hassle of selling a $35 banquet ticket on the side. I think it would be in the shows best interest if you offered a basic registration for those of us on a budget or those who just want to come be a part of it and not take in the extras, I wouldn't think it would be that hard to do.

Just a thought.

Dan

Dan,

In order to lock in many of the things with the hotel, we had to sign a contract that we would have a specific number of people at the banquet, book rooms, etc. In order to hit the numbers that we are contractually obligated to hit, we set up the registrations in the format that is offered. This offering is identical to what the MFC and CFOGi used for the 20th Anniversary, with a small modification in prices due to increases from 2003. Please keep in mind that we signed this contract in early 2006, approx. 2 1/2 years prior to the show, which made many in our club extremely nervous, as we are a club on a budget. If we do not get the numbers, our club is bound by a contract to pay for the entire banquet, the rooms, etc.

I am sure we can start a thread here on PFF and have like a "Stub Hub" type of deal where owners who do not want to go to the banquet can sell their tickets to those that need more than one. Also those that only want banquet tickets can purchase them from members here who will only be showing their cars, like yourself.

I know this is not the answer you are looking for, however it is the situation we are in.

Mark

opm2000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2008 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for opm2000Click Here to visit opm2000's HomePageSend a Private Message to opm2000Direct Link to This Post
Hey Folks,
I got my reservation in today for the Marriott. Since it's also my 25th wedding anniversary...ahem....I'm bringing the wife and son & daughter. Marriott was out of rooms with two double beds, but put me on a list incase one comes available. So if anyone wants to horse-trade for a room with two double beds, I'm in for thursday, friday & saturday nites.

BTW, wife Patty doesn't understand why this event isn't on a cruise ship.

I'll be sending in registration tomorrow for two cars and vendor space, etc. I guess I just send a check via snailmail?

David Breeze

------------------

Pantera Rebody Kits

[This message has been edited by opm2000 (edited 01-18-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2008 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by opm2000:

I'll be sending in registration tomorrow for two cars and vendor space, etc. I guess I just send a check via snailmail?

David Breeze

David,

Yes, snail mail is how we are taking payment.
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2008 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post

Fiero 25 - Mark

419 posts
Member since Jan 2007
One more thing, in case there is some confusion. I have 2 user id's. I am WingNut - MD and also Fiero 25 - Mark. Cliff requires a seperate id to post in the club announcement section. I have been using Fiero 25 - Mark there and in this thread for consistency. When I answered DanFiero this evening, out of habit I punched in my WingNut name.

I just wanted to clarify that it was me who answered Dan.

Mark
AuNROD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2008 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AuNRODSend a Private Message to AuNRODDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fiero 25 - Mark:

Hey Mark, will we get some kind of cofirmation that our car(s) reservation(s) has been received?
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2008 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AuNROD:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fiero 25 - Mark:

Hey Mark, will we get some kind of cofirmation that our car(s) reservation(s) has been received?

Your cancelled check is your confirmation on the car registration. The hotel will provide you with a confirmation number when you make your reservation.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2008 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2008 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post
I booked my room for the 23 - 26th today.

Is there info somewhere that further breaks down the classes that I have missed? There are 3 custom and 3 modified classes and just curious where my car would feel the most comfy.

[This message has been edited by fieroguru (edited 01-21-2008).]

Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2008 05:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Here's an idea:
Start an online swap meet for things that will be there.
Selling a Fiero? Give a post saying it'll be there.
Want a subwoofer? Let the community know.
Sure those things could be sold earlier but it'll give a heads up on what will be there for sale.
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2008 08:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

I booked my room for the 23 - 26th today.

Is there info somewhere that further breaks down the classes that I have missed? There are 3 custom and 3 modified classes and just curious where my car would feel the most comfy.

Yes! See my quote below.

Todd,

Yes we will have formal classification on site at the show. The person doing the classification has been extremely busy with work and his personal life, not to mention Fieros and the 25th. We will have the actual classification listings out as soon as possible, Please know that we are trying to make sure that everyone who attends has an enjoyable time!

Mark

gokart Mozart: I responed to your PM

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2008 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
Got my hotel reservation.
1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2008 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone know how many room are left, and how many cars are registered for the show? I am going to have to wait alittle bit to reserve a room and sign up for the show. Funds are a little low.
PFF
System Bot
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2008 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1984whitesc:

Does anyone know how many room are left, and how many cars are registered for the show? I am going to have to wait alittle bit to reserve a room and sign up for the show. Funds are a little low.

Last check there was 120 some rooms reserved for Friday and Saturday evening. There are approx 25 - 30 cars registered at this time.
1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2008 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescDirect Link to This Post
Thanks. I hope to send out the registration out next week. My brother and friend would like to come, but he doesnt' want to show his car. Can he still reserve a place at the banquet?
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2008 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1984whitesc:

Thanks. I hope to send out the registration out next week. My brother and friend would like to come, but he doesnt' want to show his car. Can he still reserve a place at the banquet?

Yes he can. He can send in a registration with payment for a banquet ticket only. It is listed as an option on the back side of the registration. The registration can be found at the link in my signature below. He also could contact DanFiero via PM and work out a deal to purchase his banquet ticket.

Mark

------------------
Are You Going to the 25th Anniversary Show?

Official 25th Web Page

Fiero 25 - Mark (AKA: Wingnut - MD)

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2008 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Last check there was 120 some rooms reserved for Friday and Saturday evening. There are approx 25 - 30 cars registered at this time.

Wow, I guess a lot of people are in wait and see mode with their car. I'm not sure if I'll have a Fiero there or not. So I'm going to wait a bit. If 400 or so cars had already registered I might be a little jumpy.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2008 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Early birds for the campgrounds, If you want to check in Wed, July 23, reservations are open!

http://www.midnrreservation...grounds/presults.cfm

The campground is Pontiac Lake Recreation Area

or you may call MI CRS Call Center for reservation between 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM EST at 1-800-44PARKS (1-800-447-2757)
Residents outside the US or Canada must call 1-301-784-9090

[This message has been edited by Gokart Mozart (edited 01-23-2008).]

f499

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2008 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for f499Send a Private Message to f499Direct Link to This Post
Mark,

If we have kids coming to the event (ages 8 and 6), do they have different rates for the banquet and GM tour?
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2008 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
A map for my propsed route, bypassing Atlanta. Overnight around Knoxville. 1300 miles or so one way.

007DOUG

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2008 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 007DOUGSend a Private Message to 007DOUGDirect Link to This Post
Just made my Marriott reservations online & downloaded MI club's entry form.

Come on folks. Don't put this off. July will be here before we know it.

See everyone there!

------------------
4 Indys, 1 is A/C delete
85 GT speedster project
86 GT Corvette Yellow
2 88 Formula T-Tops
91 Grand Prix GTP, 3.4 TDC, 5 Speed
01 GMC "1 ton of fun" Crew Dually Diesel
08 Ford Escape

However......
"Time is the most precious and perishable of my possessions."

Buy IRM, again! at www.fierowarehouse.com

Kyle1016

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2008 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kyle1016Send a Private Message to Kyle1016Direct Link to This Post
I plan to go to all the days of the show, but is there one night that more stuff is happening than the other? I'm thinking only about getting one room for just one night, because i only live 30 minutes away. Any idea what night would be the best to pick? And also i know Gokart Mentioned about making a list of parts that people want, and bring them to the show. Does someone maybe want to start a thread on that? or Should we just wait a couple months first? Man i am excited, and cannot wait to take hundreds of pictures
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2008 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by f499:

Mark,

If we have kids coming to the event (ages 8 and 6), do they have different rates for the banquet and GM tour?

Yes, there is a kids admission to the banquet. It is $14 or $15 for kids 12 and under. I will have to double check with Barb again and confirm it. I asked her the day after I received your e-mail and then got busy and forgot to respond. (sorry)

The GM tour has a flat rate. There are no discounts for kids.

I'll post the price for the kids meal on the weekend.
PFF
System Bot
CC Rider

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2008 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CC RiderSend a Private Message to CC RiderDirect Link to This Post
Hey Mark!

Thanks for all the great stuff you and your team have done to date.
The excitement is starting to build and I can't wait for the 25th to start.
Mister

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2008 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:
Early birds for the campgrounds, If you want to check in Wed, July 23, reservations are open!
http://www.midnrreservation...grounds/presults.cfm
The campground is Pontiac Lake Recreation Area
or you may call MI CRS Call Center for reservation between 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM EST at 1-800-44PARKS (1-800-447-2757)
Residents outside the US or Canada must call 1-301-784-9090

Thanks for the heads up
I checked it online and it seems about 15 miles form the show grounds. Isn't there anything closer?
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2008 05:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, no. I know of a few overpasses that get alot of free parking tho.
pumpkincarriage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2008 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pumpkincarriageSend a Private Message to pumpkincarriageDirect Link to This Post
Well I'm definetely in, Jed and I will be driving Orange up there (just hoping Orange is okay with that)... Have I missed the show class descriptions somewhere? I am waiting for that before sending in our registration, I would just rather get it right the first time then add to confusion the day of the show. Not sure what we're doing about accomodations yet, but we'll figure something out soon.

I'm afraid this is going to be a very expensive vacation, but I'm sure it will be worth it... a week long trip complete with cross country drive, meeting up with hundreds of other Fiero owners and seeing all their cars? How could anyone miss that?
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2008 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
I'm sure this has been adressed already, but I dont have time to go through 9 pages... are we alllowed to sleep in our cars in the parking lot overnight?

------------------

85_Fiero_2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2008 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 85_Fiero_2M4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

I'm sure this has been adressed already, but I dont have time to go through 9 pages... are we alllowed to sleep in our cars in the parking lot overnight?

LOL

IM going to guess and say no. I don't think the people at the Marriott would like that, since they arnt making any money. I guess you could sleep in your car on some side street...just sleep with one eye open. LOL

amflyer

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2008 08:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for amflyerDirect Link to This Post
I just made my room reservation today. I will be bringing my 1984 Indy Pace Car. Hope to see everyone there!

------------------
1984 Indy Pace Car
President of Mid Atlantic Fiero Owners Association

Mister

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2008 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post

Hey bud,
You can always SuperGlue a sponge to your hand and say "I just fell asleep detailing the car..."

But seriously, I slept in my Fiero a couple of times and you just don't wake up the same way
Consider splitting the room with one of the gang, or camping 15 miles away, it's $18 a night.
I made reservation in the hotel, but will decide on it closer to the show.

C Ya
Jrgicehc

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2008 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JrgicehcSend a Private Message to JrgicehcDirect Link to This Post

Just camp man, its not worth sleeping in the fiero, been there, done that, woke up with a sore back and neck plus both my arms were asleep. If i get my swap done in time il be at the campground.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock