Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Fiero 25th Anniversary Show (Page 7)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
Previous Page | Next Page
Fiero 25th Anniversary Show by RWDPLZ
Started on: 04-16-2006 09:53 PM
Replies: 702
Last post by: CC Rider on 08-26-2008 03:18 PM
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2007 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post
I went to the 20th it was fantastic! I will do all I can to get there again! Last time we were able to sign up and register for just the event. Can we do that again! I don't think I will be able to make the function at night. What would the cost be for just the meet? Wow top of page 7. I probably will come alone. The wife doesn't do long shows. I do not get here as much as I used to. Going to college. Its tough at my age! If you could, e-mail me at solotworacer@yahoo.com.

Thanks,

Steve Williams

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 09-30-2007).]

IP: Logged
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2007 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RAREW66:

Please consider volunteering some of your time at the event to help out with various duties that need to be performed to make the event a success.

Where's help needed? If we start the sign up sheet now, more people might volunteer an hour or two.
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2007 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by paced84:

Just want to thank Fred in advance for taking on this challange of classifing your Fieros. As Fred has stated he is moving forward. Be assured this will be the greatest gathering in Fiero History. Looking forward to meeting old friends and new ones. Mark, Barb, Fred and myself are working very hard to make this an enjoyable event for all of you. The camaradri the Fiero community has is PRICELESS!
Ron T

Here Here!!!

------------------
Paul

Pontiac prestiege.... Pontiac performance...... Pontiac POWER!
HHP Is back in business! Now selling Adjustable Sway bars: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/036556.html
For a full history of the Fiero SS: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789315

fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2007 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
Track Day question: Does anyone know how many cars ran at Waterford last time?
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2007 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

Track Day question: Does anyone know how many cars ran at Waterford last time?

Approximately 56 if memory serves correctly.

Also, I sent you a PM
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2007 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
OK, thanks Paul.

The current plan is to charge $100 each. We have plans to try to reduce that amount, and would refund money to each driver depending on how much we can reduce it. Even at $100 a day, that's CHEAP. I don't know what tracks are charging in the midwest and east, but here in Northern California this is what track time costs:

Thunder Hill - $200 or more
Sears Point/Infineon - $250
Laguna Seca - $300-350

We aren't quite ready to take registration. We have to give a $500 deposit by February. I don't see that as a problem. We will likely start taking registration between now and then. I'll post more details as they become available.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2007 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
http://www.waterfordhills.com/ has open track days for $125
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2007 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

The current plan is to charge $100 each.

You can count me in!

$100 is really cheap. I'm sure I'll spend more than that on fuel during the track day.
RAREW66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2007 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

Where's help needed? If we start the sign up sheet now, more people might volunteer an hour or two.

Thanks for the suggestion, we should get a formal list started early. I will definately need help with classifications for three of the days. Show day will need parking lot assistance. We would also like to have greeters at the driveway, namely on show day to direct participants in the right direction. Registration is always in need of help. One of the most important jobs will be scoring judging sheets and preparing for the awards presentation after show day. There is always room for someone to wipe the drool off of the Fiero Prototypes. And don't forget the general "gophering" for small issues that pop up with an event this size.

Fred
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2007 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

http://www.waterfordhills.com/ has open track days for $125

Then the track day at the 25th, at $100 or less, appears to be very doable. I fully expect it will come out to be less. How much less depends on a lot of things. One important factor will be how many people sign up. If it's only 32, it will be around $100. If it's 50, that's $64. If we get some sponsorship, it could be less. Stay tuned.

Fiero 25 - Mark

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2007 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post
FYI For the new members!

------------------
Are You Going to the 25th Anniversary Show?

Official 25th Web Page

Fiero 25 - Mark (AKA: Wingnut - MD)

PFF
System Bot
CC Rider

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2007 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CC RiderSend a Private Message to CC RiderDirect Link to This Post
I plan to attend again as the last one was over the top if you love these cars.
Just made my reservation and could only book the 25th and 26th at the $109 group rate.
The 23rd and 24 are all booked at the Marriott Centerpoint.
Had to go across the street to the Radisson for the 23d and 24th at a cost of $156 per night :^(
My fault for waiting to long to make the reservation.

I will be also doing the Track Event to get the weekend off to a good start.

Hope to see you all there and can’t wait for the drive to begin.

------------------
Red 1988 GT 5 speed
Poly all around, Koni's & Lowered
soon to be LQ1 powered

[This message has been edited by CC Rider (edited 10-26-2007).]

Philero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2007 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhileroSend a Private Message to PhileroDirect Link to This Post
I am definitely planning on attending, but looks like I will be sleeping in my car! At least I am sure to not have someone break into it then!

------------------
Phil
Always trying to create something new!
Philero ~ Phil and his Fiero, melding into one (soon to be my license plate too!)

CC Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2007 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CC RiderSend a Private Message to CC RiderDirect Link to This Post
I think last time there were people who camped - you could look into that to save cost.
I heard they had way to much fun ;^)
CC Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2007 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CC RiderSend a Private Message to CC RiderDirect Link to This Post

CC Rider

2037 posts
Member since May 2001
Sorry if I missed this above but the event form does not include the track day as part of the cost?

Just trying to get my ducks to walk in a streight line :^)
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2007 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Closest camping
Pontiac Lake State Rec Area ...reservations but you have to wait January 25th to make reservations...

Area hotels Stay near Opdyke Rd. Alot of business travellers stay in the area. Avoid staying in Pontiac itself. Can't guarantee anything...

[This message has been edited by Gokart Mozart (edited 10-26-2007).]

Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2007 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CC Rider:

Just made my reservation and could only book the 25th and 26th at the $109 group rate.
Had to go across the street to the Radisson for the 23d and 24th at a cost of $156 per night :^(

I will call and get another block of rooms added in for the 23rd and 24th. I am sorry for the inconvenience, but we will get it corrected so you do not have to move during the event.

Sorry if I missed this above but the event form does not include the track day as part of the cost?

Just trying to get my ducks to walk in a streight line :^)

The track day is being run by the Golden Gate Fiero Club. They are in the midst of planning the event. the cost will be over and above any of the events being run and promoted by the Michigan Fiero Club. Fierobear here on the forum is the one organizing the track day. I will send him a PM to try and get you some more info.

Mark

blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2007 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
Man... I am getting pumped up (already!)... work (AT&T) just made me pick my vacation for '08... (yes, in a big company, you often schedule vacation over a year in advance... kinda sux)... and this week was available!!! so I am in. Woot.

Bear, count me in for your track day.
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2007 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post

Hello,

I have rooms opened up for Wednesday and Thursday for the 25th. If you had to book at a higher rate or at another hotel, please give the Marriott a call and they will book you at the $109 rate.

Mark
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2007 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
I just called the Marriot, and booked from the 23rd to the 27th, that room rate is excellent, especially for peak summer season. They normally rack for $190 on the weekends and $259 on the weekdays (guess they are gouging the business travelers). I don't know who negotiated the rate, but my hat is off to you, that is a heckofa discount.

OTOH, $109 a night is more than I usually pay for a room... Guess I am used to our Texas shows where we're living high if we pay more $65!

FYI: The Marriot is OUT of twin beds at the show rate.

I was forced into a room with a king, so if I have a roomie... I hope they can tolerate without retribution me mistaking him for my wife

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 10-29-2007).]

CC Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2007 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CC RiderSend a Private Message to CC RiderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero 25 - Mark:
Hello,

I have rooms opened up for Wednesday and Thursday for the 25th. If you had to book at a higher rate or at another hotel, please give the Marriott a call and they will book you at the $109 rate.

Mark

Rock and Roll - I now have all 4 nights at centerpoint for the $109 rate!

Mark you are great - thanks!!!

P.S. will there be a fund raiser for Cliff and PPF at the show?

[This message has been edited by CC Rider (edited 10-29-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2007 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post
I was at the 20th with a 2.8 this time I have a 3800 sc and am looking forward to Waterford - $100 no sweat I'm in

------------------

green87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2007 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for green87Send a Private Message to green87Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

I just called the Marriot, and booked from the 23rd to the 27th, that room rate is excellent, especially for peak summer season. They normally rack for $190 on the weekends and $259 on the weekdays (guess they are gouging the business travelers). I don't know who negotiated the rate, but my hat is off to you, that is a heckofa discount.

OTOH, $109 a night is more than I usually pay for a room... Guess I am used to our Texas shows where we're living high if we pay more $65!

FYI: The Marriot is OUT of twin beds at the show rate.

I was forced into a room with a king, so if I have a roomie... I hope they can tolerate without retribution me mistaking him for my wife

Count Amber, Stephen, and I in. That well make the cost a little better ah?
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2007 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
but, but... Where's revin gonna sleep?
CenTexIndy

Feedback score:    (32)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2007 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyDirect Link to This Post
Ain't he used to the dumpsters?

Coryell County Sheriff's Dept just had one of their troopers transfer down to P'ville....told him to be on the lookout for Revin
arte444

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2007 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for arte444Send a Private Message to arte444Direct Link to This Post
Anyone interested in carpooling / caravan to the 25th? I'm in Minnesota. I cannot afford to fly there or drive there myself. Also, I can't talk the girlfriend into going to a car show for 4 days =)

------------------
-Kyle
Email: kakagiraffe@gmail.com
Aim: Littlechugger
1988 Notchback 4.9 V8, 5spd Isuzu
True Dual Exhaust, Delta Cam
1993 Ford Probe 5spd

Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2007 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post
We have added in a sweet ad to the 25th page at http://www.michiganfieroclub.com/25th.htm

A huge thank you goes out to CenTexIndy (Tim) for making the commercial for us as well as a thank you out to F-I-E-R-O (Andrew) for making the logo for the event!

Mark

------------------
Are You Going to the 25th Anniversary Show?

Official 25th Web Page

Fiero 25 - Mark (AKA: Wingnut - MD)

green87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2007 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for green87Send a Private Message to green87Direct Link to This Post

but, but... Where's revin gonna sleep?

IN my sleeping bag
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2007 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by green87:

IN my sleeping bag

Ewww...

Gotta hand it to CenTex! The man's got talent!
CenTexIndy

Feedback score:    (32)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2007 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the compliments Mark and Blake.

Mark - PM and email sent.
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2007 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Direct Link to This Post
Just reserved my room! Can't wait! -Jason
PFF
System Bot
CC Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2007 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CC RiderSend a Private Message to CC RiderDirect Link to This Post
will there be a fund raiser for Cliff and PPF at the show?
OHNIKO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2007 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
i was one of the bunch that camped out at Pontiac lake., yes it was a blast, not far at all, cheaper, fire & beverages!...i'm rooming it this time though with a chiquita!
CC Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2007 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CC RiderSend a Private Message to CC RiderDirect Link to This Post
Can someone point me to the Car Class definitions for the show.

Thanks

[This message has been edited by CC Rider (edited 11-02-2007).]

Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2007 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post

Can someone point me to the Car Class definitions for the show.

Thanks

They are being worked on. It is taking longer than we originally anticipated, only because each class is being gone over with a fine tooth comb. We hope to have them soon. I am not going to make any promises to an exact date, all I can say is soon. Thank you for your patience.
paced84

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2007 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paced84Send a Private Message to paced84Direct Link to This Post
Talked to Fred Bartemeyer Thur night. He working feverishly on this and should have that info in the very near future. Just be patient. Thank you !

Ron T
CO-Chair with Mark and Barb.

------------------

signature by F-I-E-R-O my Indy on the right with #1 at IMS

[This message has been edited by paced84 (edited 11-02-2007).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2007 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

Dam,... Blakeinspace is forceing me to go, so............

REVIN WILL BE THERE!!!

You better be there, you might even see a Texas Chop top

blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2007 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:
You better be there, you might even see a Texas Chop top

You mean Will Martin is coming?! cool...
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2007 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

You mean Will Martin is coming?! cool...

Oooh that hurts. Right now my car is a lot closer to Michigan than his.
KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2007 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post
Me and the MN Mafia will be there in force ! can't wait to see many of you!

Blake bring the good cigars!

------------------

2007 VW GTI (much better MPG)
1988 Fiero Formula-For Sale
1985 Fiero GT 3800 N/A-soon to be 3800S/C

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock