Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Fiero 25th Anniversary Show (Page 18)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
Previous Page | Next Page
Fiero 25th Anniversary Show by RWDPLZ
Started on: 04-16-2006 09:53 PM
Replies: 702
Last post by: CC Rider on 08-26-2008 03:18 PM
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2008 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by pumpkincarriage:

Brr. That's a summer forecast? No high of 217 degrees? Oh wait, it's not Texas... I'll bring a jacket.!

You had better. I stepped out of the car and nearly froze...it wasn't over a hundred degrees.

IP: Logged
ohioindy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2008 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ohioindyClick Here to visit ohioindy's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohioindyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

You had better. I stepped out of the car and nearly froze...it wasn't over a hundred degrees.

No...The funny part was watching him almost fall flat on his face when he took his first steps after driving that far.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2008 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by ohioindy:

No...The funny part was watching him almost fall flat on his face when he took his first steps after driving that far.

Sitting in a Fiero for two days is a part of the fun...you should try it some time.

WingNut - MD

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2008 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post
Ohioindy would not know what to do sitting in a Fiero. He only knows how to put them on trailers and sit and look at them. Admittedly, I am not any better, but seeing as how he gave me this tonight, he deserves this ribbing,

First and only time I will wear this. It will make a nice cleaning towel for the Fiero!

Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2008 05:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
http://www.michigan.org/New...c5-88c6-43fc84adfe9d

2008 Is the Year of the Car

Year of the Car launched in conjunction with National Transportation Week on May 12, 2008 and will conclude five months later with the Automotive Hall of Fame Induction Ceremonies in early October. In between, Year of the Car links more than 100 activities in nearly 60 different locations, giving residents and tourists many never-before-offered automotive experiences.
Year of the Car is a collaborative effort being organized and sponsored by MotorCities National Heritage Area, an affiliate of the National Park Service, dedicated to preserving, interpreting and promoting the automotive heritage in Michigan. Additional Year of the Car partners include Detroit Metro Convention & Visitors Bureau, Ford Motor Company, General Motors, The Henry Ford, Travel Michigan, and dozens of other organizations that celebrate automotive heritage throughout the region.
In addition to the Ford and General Motors sponsored centennial celebrations coming in September, Year of the Car will honor GM and the Ford Model T with phenomenal experiences including:

MUSEUMS AND COLLECTIONS

Take a rare behind the scenes look at Michigan's automotive museums and collections during this year's events.
Museums and Collections

CAR SHOWS AND CRUISES

From car shows to cruises, this year promises to be an automotive extravaganza.
Car Shows and Cruises

HOME AND BUILDING TOURS

Visit the sites that figure prominently in Michigan's automotive history.
Home and Building Tours

ARTS AND EDUCATION

Continue your automotive education, or contribute to the shared experiences.
Arts and Education

other stuff to do:
http://metrotimes.com/calendar/
ohioindy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2008 06:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ohioindyClick Here to visit ohioindy's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohioindyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WingNut - MD:

Ohioindy would not know what to do sitting in a Fiero. He only knows how to put them on trailers and sit and look at them. Admittedly, I am not any better, but seeing as how he gave me this tonight, he deserves this ribbing,

First and only time I will wear this. It will make a nice cleaning towel for the Fiero!

Right click...save as.....
86_IRM_TURBO

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2008 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86_IRM_TURBOSend a Private Message to 86_IRM_TURBODirect Link to This Post
I'm glad to see the Gilmore Museum in K-Zoo is included in this list. I was there last weekend and WOW do they have an awesome collection of cars. Anyone that loves cars would enjoy the collection they have. There are 10 barns full of very rare cars starting from the late 1800's through the mid 70's. While you're in K-Zoo visit Bell's brewery and the Air Zoo museum as well.

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

http://www.michigan.org/New...c5-88c6-43fc84adfe9d

2008 Is the Year of the Car

Year of the Car launched in conjunction with National Transportation Week on May 12, 2008 and will conclude five months later with the Automotive Hall of Fame Induction Ceremonies in early October. In between, Year of the Car links more than 100 activities in nearly 60 different locations, giving residents and tourists many never-before-offered automotive experiences.
Year of the Car is a collaborative effort being organized and sponsored by MotorCities National Heritage Area, an affiliate of the National Park Service, dedicated to preserving, interpreting and promoting the automotive heritage in Michigan. Additional Year of the Car partners include Detroit Metro Convention & Visitors Bureau, Ford Motor Company, General Motors, The Henry Ford, Travel Michigan, and dozens of other organizations that celebrate automotive heritage throughout the region.
In addition to the Ford and General Motors sponsored centennial celebrations coming in September, Year of the Car will honor GM and the Ford Model T with phenomenal experiences including:

MUSEUMS AND COLLECTIONS

Take a rare behind the scenes look at Michigan's automotive museums and collections during this year's events.
Museums and Collections

CAR SHOWS AND CRUISES

From car shows to cruises, this year promises to be an automotive extravaganza.
Car Shows and Cruises

HOME AND BUILDING TOURS

Visit the sites that figure prominently in Michigan's automotive history.
Home and Building Tours

ARTS AND EDUCATION

Continue your automotive education, or contribute to the shared experiences.
Arts and Education

other stuff to do:
http://metrotimes.com/calendar/

[This message has been edited by 86_IRM_TURBO (edited 07-24-2008).]

gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2008 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaDirect Link to This Post
Cool, Turbo! Looks like we'll have to fit the Gilmore Museum into our itinerary--maybe Monday when we leave and head for So. Bend to the Studebaker Museum. Thanks!!

JC
86_IRM_TURBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2008 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86_IRM_TURBOSend a Private Message to 86_IRM_TURBODirect Link to This Post
Be sure to tell them you're a AAA member and get a couple buck discount. They don't check anyway.

Enjoy!

Originally posted by gldkarma:

Cool, Turbo! Looks like we'll have to fit the Gilmore Museum into our itinerary--maybe Monday when we leave and head for So. Bend to the Studebaker Museum. Thanks!!

JC

------------------

[This message has been edited by 86_IRM_TURBO (edited 07-24-2008).]

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2008 07:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
So... how many Fieros were at Saturday's show?

"I gots ta know!" - "punk", Dirty Harry
2farnorth

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2008 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

So... how many Fieros were at Saturday's show?

"I gots ta know!" - "punk", Dirty Harry

I counted 134 in one pic from above, but I know there were some off camera on both sides.

PFF
System Bot
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2008 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
I heard over 250.
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2008 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post
We had 262 registered cars. We know a few did not make it due to issues on the road. There were also a some cars that parked in the other lots, maybe 15? So as a guessestimate, I would say 270.

I hope everyone had as much fun as I did. Thanks again to those who came, and those who attended in spirit. I'll be posting again as WingNut-MD and am officially retiring this user name. Maybe I'll be back as Fiero 30 - Mark?
Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2008 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post
I walked the grounds shortly after 1PM on saturday and counted 285 which included the prototypes. That also included one which was in the DQ parking lot
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2008 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jefrysuko:

I walked the grounds shortly after 1PM on saturday and counted 285 which included the prototypes. That also included one which was in the DQ parking lot

Did you count the one at McDonalds?

------------------

My best advice when it comes to your Fiero is to "NOT" do any dealings with www.kitcarman.com
//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...070315-1-061575.html <~ The drama with kitcarman
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/078336.html <~ finishing and fixing kitcarmans mess
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/079860.html <~ re-do after kitcarmans motor blew up.

KurtAKX

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2008 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXDirect Link to This Post

or the two coupes at Burger King?
FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2008 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealDirect Link to This Post
Was anyone else dissapointed that Hulkie didn't speak? I was at the banquet just for that ... lol although the Indy guy was a ball :d

------------------
I have a Fiero.. Weeeee

carpetviper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2008 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carpetviperClick Here to visit carpetviper's HomePageSend a Private Message to carpetviperDirect Link to This Post
I thought the speakers were pretty good, but I'll admit that I too was kinda disappointed when Hulki didn't say more.
Matthew_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2008 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Matthew_FieroSend a Private Message to Matthew_FieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carpetviper:

I thought the speakers were pretty good, but I'll admit that I too was kinda disappointed when Hulki didn't say more.

There was a realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly great story from Hulki's friend just before him so he had no time to speak
AuNROD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2008 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AuNRODSend a Private Message to AuNRODDirect Link to This Post

Did you count the ones over at the hotels next door?
paced84

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2008 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paced84Send a Private Message to paced84Direct Link to This Post
Hulki has spoken so many times at are shows and would rather have others speak. He wanted his time to be given for his close friend Alex Mair. For this I apologize. Hope you did get to see him or talk to him as he walked the show .

Ron T
PFF
System Bot
Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2008 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:
Did you count the one at McDonalds?

No, why didn't I think of that?

Originally posted by KurtAKX:
or the two coupes at Burger King?

Burger King? Umm, No.

Originally posted by AuNROD:
Did you count the ones over at the hotels next door?

Nope didn't think of that either.

Ok, at the 30th I think it is going to be someone elses job to count

CC Rider

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2008 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CC RiderSend a Private Message to CC RiderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero 25 - Mark:

We had 262 registered cars. We know a few did not make it due to issues on the road. There were also a some cars that parked in the other lots, maybe 15? So as a guessestimate, I would say 270.

I hope everyone had as much fun as I did. Thanks again to those who came, and those who attended in spirit. I'll be posting again as WingNut-MD and am officially retiring this user name. Maybe I'll be back as Fiero 30 - Mark?

Thanks to you Mark and the hole crew for a all around great show!!!!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock