Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Fiero 25th Anniversary Show (Page 5)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
Previous Page | Next Page
Fiero 25th Anniversary Show by RWDPLZ
Started on: 04-16-2006 09:53 PM
Replies: 702
Last post by: CC Rider on 08-26-2008 03:18 PM
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2007 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
A year out.
IP: Logged
WingNut - MD

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2007 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

When will they start taking reservations at the Mariott?

Like Gokart Mozart said above, the hotel will begin taking reservations in July of this year.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2007 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WingNut - MD:

Like Gokart Mozart said above, the hotel will begin taking reservations in July of this year.

Be sure to let us know what day. I'll be on the phone in the morning.

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2007 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
July 25 reservations are open for the hotel. Jan 25 for the campgrounds.
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2007 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

Only 501 days to go. Can you feel the excitement?

Yes I can. And I'm starting a race car project that will hopefully be complete by then. Major mod.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2007 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Guess I'll give this another bump
kwagner

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2007 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by R Runner:

Yes I can. And I'm starting a race car project that will hopefully be complete by then. Major mod.

Another race car, or major mods to the existing one? Inquiring minds want to know!
Fierokid87

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2007 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by sastian:

thought id post the video links so we could psych up for the event. I'm still trying to decide if i want to accept the challenge to manage another video prioduction... although i have a ton of ideas on how to do it better.

Ill Be there for sure again! and my car will have a better engine too, and lowered! And Ill most definatly buy the video.

------------------
Go here to see more of my Formula: " TARGET=_blank>http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/430754

R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2007 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kwagner:

Another race car, or major mods to the existing one? Inquiring minds want to know!

MAjor mod to the one I already have. Let's just say "Wider is Better".
Fierokid87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2007 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Direct Link to This Post
Maybe this thread needs to be stickied to the top?

------------------
Go here to see more of my Formula: " TARGET=_blank>http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/430754

OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2007 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
are there 2 or 3 alternate, preferred hotels for this event? &
which campgrounds are best/close for people doing that option?
PFF
System Bot
OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2007 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post

OHNIKO

2124 posts
Member since Jul 2003
animal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2007 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for animalSend a Private Message to animalDirect Link to This Post
I'm planning on trailering my car in case we get to go to Waterford or drag racing again - I need to have a way back to Florida if I break it. Anyone know yet what type of events are planned? And will there be space to park the trailers & trucks? I don't remember what was available at the 20th because I drove up. After working plans for the Daytona event for many years, I know its definitely not too early to be planniing for this one now!

------------------
Tom Corey

Melbourne, FL

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2007 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Closest camping
Pontiac Lake State Rec Area reservations but you have to wait til next year...

Area hotels Stay near Opdyke Rd. Alot of business travellers stay in the area. Avoid staying in Pontiac itself. Can't guarantee anything...

[This message has been edited by Gokart Mozart (edited 03-12-2007).]

WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2007 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post
No real answers for your questions........yet. Thay have been noted and we are diligently working on many things.

Thanks,

Mark
WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2007 06:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by OHNIKO:

There is a Courtyard Inn & and a Residence Inn across the street from the Host Hotel (Marriott).
http://marriott.com/search/findHotels.mi (they are the 4th & 5th hotel llisted)

As soon as we have the final details in place regarding costs, we will make an announcement.

edit Host Hotel Info: http://marriott.com/hotels/...tiac-at-centerpoint/
------------------
Are You Going to the 25th Anniversary Show?

Official 25th Web Page

[This message has been edited by WingNut - MD (edited 03-13-2007).]

twofatguys

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2007 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
Here is what my map shows for motels in the immediate area.

I can zoom out and see them further out if anyone wants.

Brad
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2007 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
Mark,

Are there any planns for a track day? Forgive me if you already posted this.

PS: The jelly is still in the doughnut.

------------------
Paul

Pontiac prestiege.... Pontiac performance...... Pontiac POWER!
HHP Is back in business! Now selling Adjustable Sway bars: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/036556.html
For a full history of the Fiero SS: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789315

WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2007 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by R Runner:
Mark,

Are there any planns for a track day? Forgive me if you already posted this.

PS: The jelly is still in the doughnut.

We thought we had someone interested in doing a track day, but at this time we do not. If any club is interested
[ cough cough Gateway Fieros ] We would be more than happy to include it in the list of activities.

Glad to hear about the doughnut. I was wondering how that was coming and was going to call you. Thanks for the heads up!

[This message has been edited by WingNut - MD (edited 03-25-2007).]

Coinage

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2007 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoinageClick Here to visit Coinage's HomePageSend a Private Message to CoinageDirect Link to This Post
oh please... we neeeeed that track day

------------------

By:Custom2M4
in process-12" front brakes using '88 calipers and '88 brakes in rear
hybird '88 rear suspension
3400 bottom end, 2.8 Falconer Race heads, 60-1 BB turbo, A/W IC

WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2007 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Coinage:

If you or someone is interested in setting it up and running it, please let me know. We can assist locally with the track, but we are looking for an individual or club to set it up and run it. Any takers?
PFF
System Bot
Fierokid87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2007 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Direct Link to This Post

Yes we do need a track day, I missed out at the 20th anniversary one. and I am still kicking myself for it.

------------------

fierobear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2007 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

If you or someone is interested in setting it up and running it, please let me know. We can assist locally with the track, but we are looking for an individual or club to set it up and run it. Any takers?

I'll talk to Brian Geyer, who was one of the instructors at the 20th track day, and organizes track events here in Northern California. I can't imagine it would be too tough, if we had help from someone there in Michigan, and we can count on 400 Fieros coming to town.

edit: I talked to Brian. Check your PM's.

[This message has been edited by fierobear (edited 03-25-2007).]

Coinage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2007 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoinageClick Here to visit Coinage's HomePageSend a Private Message to CoinageDirect Link to This Post
what track are you guys thinkinng about? Waterford again?
WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2007 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post

Got it and replied.
Fierokid87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2007 07:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Direct Link to This Post

I never go that PM

[This message has been edited by Fierokid87 (edited 03-26-2007).]

Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2007 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post
We also better have a drag race too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------

1 of 2: Graphite Grey Pearl 87 GT 5 spd: 2.8L (Best 1/4 mile: 15.57@87mph, 2.0 60ft)
2 of 2: Ferrari Red 88 Formula/4T65EHD: 97 GTP Motor (Best 1/4 mile: 12.09@115mph, 1.89 60ft w/True Street Radial Tires not Drag Radials!)

My CarDomain Site
My Friend Garrod's CarDomain Site

WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2007 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rare87GT:

We also better have a drag race too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you saying you are interested in running a drag racing event? If somone wants to organize and run that event, we can include it with the show. So far we have an individual/club that has stepped up and is looking into doing a track day.
linenoise

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2007 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for linenoiseClick Here to visit linenoise's HomePageSend a Private Message to linenoiseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

A year out.

I'll be there. Thank god I live close ;D
linenoise

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2007 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for linenoiseClick Here to visit linenoise's HomePageSend a Private Message to linenoiseDirect Link to This Post

linenoise

3789 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Are you saying you are interested in running a drag racing event? If somone wants to organize and run that event, we can include it with the show. So far we have an individual/club that has stepped up and is looking into doing a track day.

Hecks yes. My I suggest Milan or St. thomas. Lapeer is close it's a horrible track and the pits a dustbowl..
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2007 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post

I definitely would love to have a drag racing event. Lots of people would be interested I would think, just like the 20th. I would think lots more would be involved this time around too.
Would be awesome!!
PFF
System Bot
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2007 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post
I went to the 20th, took my ole Fiero, no beauty queen, but I wasnt there for the show. I wanted to see Fieros in all kinds of conditions and modifications and colors and engines etc. To sum up my reaction of the show, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was like being in a dream. I couldnt believe It was real. A show of just Fieros and over 400!! My only regret, I listened to the wife and left early. NO way this time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 03-30-2007).]

Coinage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2007 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoinageClick Here to visit Coinage's HomePageSend a Private Message to CoinageDirect Link to This Post
so far there is going to be a drag and road course? maybe even an autox ?
WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2007 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post

so far there is going to be a drag and road course? maybe even an autox ?

So far we have had a club/individual express interest in running a road course event, nothing is final on that. If someone is interested in running a drag event or an auto X, please contact me, at this time no one has volunteered to do either of these events.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2007 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Monthly bump
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2007 02:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
wow... Bobadoo wants to go!
SHADMAN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2007 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SHADMANSend a Private Message to SHADMANDirect Link to This Post
Mark,

I have been following your quest to put on a great Fiero 25th Anniversary Show and I see you have your hands full.

I have secured the Friday GM event and dinner. I am looking for someone or club to host the Friday night Go Kart Racing event.
Do you have any ideas who we can get?

Your doing a great job so far! (just remember you cann't please everyone)

------------------
SHADMAN V.P. MFC
RED 1988 FIERO GT
NORTHSTAR 300 H.P.

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2007 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by SHADMAN:

Mark,

I have been following your quest to put on a great Fiero 25th Anniversary Show and I see you have your hands full.

I have secured the Friday GM event and dinner. I am looking for someone or club to host the Friday night Go Kart Racing event.
Do you have any ideas who we can get?

Your doing a great job so far! (just remember you cann't please everyone)

Fred Bartlemeyer is awesome at organizing go-karting!
Fierokid87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2007 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierochic88:

Fred Bartlemeyer is awesome at organizing go-karting!

Did you say Go-Carting! LOL I remeber the last time when i was with a few of the guys............yeah take all of the no bumping rules and throw them out the window. Ive never gotten spun so many times.

------------------

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2007 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
The natives are getting restless...

2 months before reservations open
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock